Would a 22lr to the head be enough to kill a bobcat humanely? Pic not really related, apart from the 22lr part

Would a 22lr to the head be enough to kill a bobcat humanely? Pic not really related, apart from the 22lr part.

Attached: 1549920202636.jpg (640x384, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/aJHwWmJ.gifv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

I would rather a .22 WMR if we're sticking to rimfire.

To add more info, barrel length is 24 inches, and I'm using cci mini mags

NO SHOOT KITTY

Kitty stalk kids, Kitty need to go

I would use that if I had one available, I'm just working with what I have. Gotta keep it quiet for the kids ears, they're pretty young.

Just use .308 and ear pro.
That's what my grandpa had me shoot coyotes with growing up

The only time I've seen bobcat is them running the hell away. What kind of situation are you in where you need to kill one?

Massively overkill.
.223 is more than enough if you want a centerfire.

yep. CCI stinger round will work wonders.

Put thermite in a mouse toy and then open fire just to be safe

overkill is humane if its pest control.

Overpenetration is bad, though.

Not for your mother.

>being worried about overpenetration while shooting a cat in the wilderness

for what reason?

Hitting the cervix isn't all that pleasurable for either party, actually. It is not, in fact, like your Japanese anime. Completely kills my suspension of disbelief when the guy fucking penetrates the cervix in doujins.

They're actually in my apartment.

From a rifle, absolutely. But you'd have to be closer than most people want to be to a bobcat

what the fuck

how the hell did you let a fucking bobcat into your apartment

What if you hit a turtle behind it

It's a fucking bobcat faggot it's not going to do anything to your kids. Holy fuck this is sad. It's not a cougar. Bobcats literally don't harm anyone. It's a fucking huge feat just to spot one most of the time.

bobcats

>bobcat hurting a kid
>retards need to go
if anyone gets hurt by a bobcat they deserve it because they put themselves in a stupid situation

Kids are 5 and 6 years old, and the fucker is as big as they are. Only reason it isnt dead yet is because my piece of shit .38 keeps having light primer strikes.

Free dinner.

Dude...I get that they're your kids and all, but you're being really paranoid. Your kids make WAY more than enough noise to scare away a bobcat. It wants nothing to do with you or your kids. Being attacked by one is so fucking rare. I'm a hunter and I've spent countless hours in the woods. I've killed plenty of animals. Bobcats are really cool and unusual, and mostly rare to find. Don't shoot one because you think it might pounce on your kids one day, that's just lame.

what state are you in?

>ITT city slickers afraid of everything like always

>killing a fucking Bobcat cause he thinks it wants a bite out of his inbred lard-ass offspring
you drank too much Fudd juice, you degenerate retard

Attached: 1262410657663.jpg (400x576, 83K)

can you imagine being such a sheltered suburbanite you're afraid of a damn bobcat?

Attached: 4.jpg (728x1051, 154K)

A juvenile goat is known as a kidd

got em

gotcher weapon right here op. Fucks up cats somthin fierce

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 3K)

They're also really adorable.
I wouldn't mind raising goats. Good for their fiber, meat and milk. Pretty fucking GOAT if you ask me.

>user is afraid of Bobcats

Holy shit how much onions did you chug down recently?

Might as well ask what to use next time your own shadow scares you.

Attached: 1436061543564.jpg (480x360, 31K)

>script turns s.o.y into onions

Silly 4chins.

>this
don't shoot bob/k/at OP

If you shoot it, I hope its relatives maul you to death in your sleep. Bobcats are bro tier

fucking this

Every once in a while some idiot gets bobcats confused with cougars and it's just the cringiest and gayest thing to have to listen to.

Bobcats are fucking ghosts in most parts of the country. You rarely see them and if you do you cherish it. Being worried that one is going to attack you or your kids is so laughable to anyone that has spent any amount of time hunting or being outdoors. It's like watching New Yorkers go out in the woods and be afraid that all of the trees are going to fall over on them from a breeze (I've witnessed this, and then overheard them saying that they should cut the trees down so people are more safe. This way of thought is a fucking disease of mankind)

holy shit nigger what are you doing?
are there many ferocious man-eating beasts from the heart of the jungle in your suburbian soccermom paradise?
are you sure the fat chonker looking at your kids isn't just Mr. Fluffy, the neighbor's cat?

When they're hungry they can take deer not a stretch of the imagination to attack a small child

>Would a 22lr to the head be enough to kill a bobcat humanely?
Dunno, test it on an empty, useless and expendable container like your head and see how it goes.

Yeah no. There have been reports of them attacking small deer.

Your kids aren't small deer. Bobcats avoid human beings like the plague. This is fact. I felt the same way about bears when I was younger and I first starting backpacking and camping. I was terrified at the idea that it was possible that I could be attacked, but then I spent so much time in the woods, and then ultimately started hunting bears, and I realized just how fucking amazingly difficult it is to sneek up on the animals out in the woods. The idea of being and stalked and attacked by a bobcat is really seriously not something to worry about. If you see one it's probably trying to stalk a bird or a field mouse or squirrel and it's hoping that you leave. It's not interested in your children, it's not a cougar. You're making the relation in your mind that it's going to happen because deer are bigger animals, but it just doesn't work that way.

>they can take deer

Attached: 1461265326807.jpg (720x439, 47K)

I'm not sure it's legal to shoot a bobcat in the head with a .22lr, depending on the state, and also not sure if it's legal to do it anywhere this time of year. i'm just guessing, but in my state it would be illegal this time of year.

Dude hiking and camping is not the same as a hungry predator stalking your yard where your kids play. If the animal is that close to humans either it doesn't care or it's under a lot of pressure

Hey, I would go ahead and drop your plans and listen to people posting itt. Don't shoot Jow Forumsat please. I know and respect hunting, and predator hunting is completely understandable if you are dealing with yotes threatening livestock, or worse yet wolves. But the reality is bobcats aren't very common, and they eat a ton of the pests you and I have to deal with regularly. It's a bit like a possum. Yeah, they are ugly as fuck and I don't want one in my yard, but possums eat twice their body weight in ticks. Bobcats clear out rats like no ones business, just leave him be.

It's probably stalking a bird's nest and waiting for you to leave

or maybe it smells your Mcdonalds and cheetohs faggot

I think you want to be a hero and have a purpose, so you're creating a false crisis. Have fun shooting what is literally a large Maine Coon cat in order to "protect" your annoying children. This thread is fucking gross

>thinks a bobcat poses a threat to anything other than vermin
this is either really sad or some next-level trolling.
unless you fathered hybrid-mutants by fucking a really hot looking shrew i guess, then by all means blast away.

It wants the tendies

And for infringement of my tendy security the punishment is 40gr

Also, a 5 and 7 year old are WAY too fucking old to be bothered by a large house cat.

You could be a good father and use it as an opportunity to teach them about their surroundings, become aware of their surroundings, observe and stalk the bobcat and learn about it, take pictures. Instead you're going to choose to sit on the porch and fucking shoot it....this is the definition of white trash. It's a fucking bobcat lol

Christ this board is easy to troll.

Attached: 1549401322575.jpg (669x960, 52K)

>You're making the relation in your mind that it's going to happen because deer are bigger animals, but it just doesn't work that way.
Assuming they can take a small adult deer that is larger than themselves, then they could also kill a child as large as themselves. However I seriously doubt they kill adult deer, even small ones.

This x 1000

OP I hope you and your mutt kids will be mauled to death by an actual predator so the genepool will be cleansed of whatever disease you are affected by.

>I WAS MERELY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED GUISE!!!! xDxDxD
sure you were buddy

the size isn't the driving factor though, it's a predator and prey relationship. deer are food for predators. humans aren't. we don't smell like food we smell like danger etc etc and we make lots of noise. just because something is the same size as something that the predator eats doesn't mean it's going to attack that thing, not one bit. let's all think critically here

So why is the bobcat stalking around humans? If he's a predator he sees you first, if he's still around he isn't very scared

Turtle Sauce Piquante!

Most predators are relatively opportunistic and curious- no, the reason I doubt that a bobcat is a threat to OP's kids is because I don't think they're the kind of predator that hunts prey larger than themselves. Mustelids do that- weasels and such. They'll jump on a rabbit four or five times their size. But bobcats seem optimized for prey smaller than themselves, and are scared of humans.

Fuck the spergs itt. If the bobcat is posing a serious threat then do what you gotta do, it would however be a little more prudent to contact animal control or fish and game to have them decide if its worth trying to trap it and reloacate it or they will euthanize it as needed. Would remove the liability from you.

Holy shit retard can you read?
We literally addressed your dumbass concerns.
Do us all a favor and shut the fuck up already.

fuck

because he's looking for food, and STOP, relax, not your kids. it's late winter. he's looking for food just like how you see squirrels looking for food, or deer, or birds. you're just standing there in the middle of it. dude...if your kids are 5 and 7, they are big and tall enough and probably make a lot of noise. I could understand being paranoid about an infant if it was left alone for some odd reason, but that would be it. Just use it as an opportunity to teach them. Make them aware of the bobcat and they're going to go apeshit and make noise and have fun. This could be a fun thing that they'll remember forever, and they can brag to their friends about. It could be that thing that gets one or both really interested in the outdoors. What you're going to do is make your kids afraid of the outdoors and turn them into little pussy faggots that think the woods are full of monsters

If he doesn't come back he won't get shot, if he comes back it proves he's not afraid of humans. Not good when you have kids playing unsupervised

This

>they are big and tall enough and probably make a lot of noise.
So why would the bobcat still be around?

not bad either, because it's a fucking bobcat

you're the reason for gun control, faggot. you're a retard that makes hunters and gun owners look bad

because it's not, you're just trolling

....gee, idunno, maybe he's waiting for all of you to leave his squirrel hunting grounds so he can get some food in his belly for the winter? Tell your kids to keep their distance, but remember, you're not talking about an animal substantially larger than your children that is known to attack children. You're talking about something that hunts rodents and birds and shit- you can scare it off by running at it and yelling.

>He keeps playing the "BUT MUH KIDS" card over and over
For the last time, the Bobcat is obviously looking for its natural food source a.k.a. vermin and rodents who are everywhere where humans live.
Your failing marriage won't get saved by you heroically shooting a small cat.

I am voting Liberal next time, seems like there ARE too many guns in the hands of people who have no business owning one.

Attached: 1344746397013.jpg (208x199, 31K)

OP if you shoot yourself in the head then you don't have to worry about anything anymore

I'm just saying it's an option that will benefit everyone including you and your family

this but unironically

CONSERVATION YOU STUPID FUCK

TEDDY WILL SHIT ON YOUR GRAVE

I wish the 90s/2000s had never happened: the complete redneckization of firearm ownership will be our death.

Just call animal control if you're that worried.

Amen to that.

Wikipedia lists them as least concern. Fuck, Asians eat domesticated cats and I've personally seen lion meat for sale here in America

Cringe wortht autists around here. Bob cats are bit rare in the PNW or CA blast that shit OP. More blood for the blood god. Make a small rug

>kitty nom vermin
>retard pewpew kitty
>no kitty to nom rodents
>vermin fuck more than your mom in heat
>vermin shit out diseases faster than you can spell "but muh kids"
>diseases spread to kids
>kids ded
>kitty laughs from heaven
homeschooled, eh?

>*Cringe worthy autist here
Fixed that for you.

Anyone else wondering if OP is talking about a house cat that he saw but he's literally that much of a sad retarded faggot and his underdeveloped mind is turning it into "I SwEARZ I SaW A BoBCAT"

He sits on his back porch, crusty .22 in hand, Monster cracked open already, ICP t-shirt on, while his little shit annoying kids play around on some cheap broken toys that were donated to them by Salvation Army last Christmas...OP's fat forehead hangs over his eyes as he scans the area...he nervously picks at the acne on his face.

HuUURR THER'S DAT BOBCAT@!!

Kek

Greentext now

You're a fucking mongoloid.

HOLY SHIT OP THIS MONSTROUS BEAST IS COMING RIGHT AT YOU!!!!

Attached: mean lean killing machine.jpg (960x1280, 101K)

do you insist on shooting starlings that dont fly away when they see you too? because they are about as dangerous as that 20lb feline you are afraid of

Attached: 1360901463518.jpg.jpg (497x640, 110K)

Probably California since he seems to be ashamed to say and is a massive faggot who is irrationally afraid of bobcats.

But it is a stretch of the imagination. Because it's literally never happened.

he smells like crusty panic-shit so badly he is just so used to everything fleeing in terror from him

Bitch they are everywhere around me, they are no ghost. They give no fucks, my neighbors cat got killed by one. Fucking plague. Here is one from last week on my porch

Yes, that is exactly what the notorious booty warrior OP did earlier this afternoon- but what I don't understand is how OP can be fruitier than a produce aisle in San Francisco and somehow have kids? Did he get butt pregnant? I thought that wasn't possible.

The bobcat is looking for the vermin that undoubtably live in and around your filthy trailer, you inbred trash.

top kek

I have a bobcat in my neighborhood. I'm in the central AZ mountains. It runs like a scared rabbit if it spots dogs or people. It's pretty chill. I watch it from a window right around sunrise if I'm lucky. If someone tried to shoot it, I'd slap the hot shit out of them.

Penetrating the cervix is made up bullshit, but plenty of women like getting their cervix knocked into (most just feel nauseous though)

OP don't listen to all these swines, I have some footage of a pretty big Bobcat attacking a human right here:

i.imgur.com/aJHwWmJ.gifv

That was fucking savage. Holy shit the gore. I feel sick.

Attached: 480px-Capitoline_Brutus_Musei_Capitolini_MC1183.jpg (480x639, 69K)

I've yet to meet one that actually likes it. Maybe I'll get lucky next time I get lucky.