Sup Jow Forums, newfag here. I've been wanting to pick up an AK for a while...

Sup Jow Forums, newfag here. I've been wanting to pick up an AK for a while. I've never owned one and with all the different brands and countries of manufacturers, I'm not sure which ones I should stay away from. All I know is I don't want to buy any AK made in the US, in my opinion, it takes away that aesthetic that the AK has.

I found a Romanian AK that caught my eye. What are your suggestions for AKs? Also, is Atlantic Firearms a reputable place to buy from?

Attached: AK47.jpg (1000x540, 447K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8n42Q4_c8g
atlanticfirearms.com/products/aam-romy-fixed-bfpu
atlanticfirearms.com/products/wasr-10-ak47-rifle-under-folder#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's usually an AK general and they have a pastebin, check the catalog. For the record, same goes for ARs. Imagine how many threads there would be about those two gun families if there weren't rolling generals.

Okay. Suck my balls.

/thread

>Atlantic Firearms a reputable place to buy from?
atlantics good but overpriced. not by alot but its quite easy to find the same gun elsewhere for less.

>they have a pastebin
Last one I saw the idiot fucked up the pastebin, and instead of fixing it he literally said "don't buy anything murican made, only buy WASRs and $1500 VEPRs/Arsenals/Saigas."

WBP Lynx or WBP Fox if you want something nicer than a WASR that's still reliable. A WASR will still be good though.

Romanian underfolders are trash, they only lock on one side and are angled below the bore axis increasing muzzle flip.

>>they have a pastebin
>Last one I saw the idiot fucked up the pastebin, and instead of fixing it he literally said "don't buy anything murican made, only buy WASRs and $1500 VEPRs/Arsenals/Saigas."
That's unironically excellent advice in the current AK market tho.

Kalashnikov himself declared the Polish variant to be the best.

The PSAK is very solid and at a reasonable price point, it gets shit on my /akg/ fags who've never held one though

Their gen 1s were shit though

The Gen 3's front trunnion is falling apart and the bolt looks like battered shit at 2,000 rounds if you watch Rob Ski's video. Stop shilling PSA crap.

>What are your suggestions for AKs?
1. ALWAYS inspect on arrival- doesn't matter who makes it or where it came from always inspect the rifle before you use it (and be SURE to check the return policy from anywhere you buy from)
1-a. Check to see if the barrel is straight, the sights are not canted, the rivets are pressed correctly, and that the rear sight is straight.
2. Get a laser sight and / or manually zero in your rifle because factory zero is always sub-par.
3. Replace wood / poly furniture with surplus ASAP- """922r compliant""" wood is worthless and so cheaply made your better off with even the most used and battered surplus you can get.

>"don't buy anything murican made, only buy WASRs and $1500 VEPRs/Arsenals/Saigas."
This is unironically great advice- wanna know why? Because every American AK on the market as of now either explodes or shoots it's self apart in The PSAK is very solid and at a reasonable price point
It's cheap and it's trash. If it takes a company 3 (almost 4) Generations of that product to fix the ONE thing people were blasting them for since the beginning (cast front trunnion) you can tell that their goal is not quality.

good advice, but i'm just kinda pissed we're not suggesting yugoslav AKs or Ching Chong AKs either.

WBP lynx.

atlantic sucks ass, why would you buy one of their overpriced kit builds when you can just buy a factory wasr 10 folder?

Reminder that while WBP guns look pretty nice, they're completely fucking unproven and as such unless you feel like being a guinea pig, you should probably buy something else (a WASR)

lol

Attached: PSAK.jpg (640x1138, 37K)

Haven't quite a few people done 5,000+ round tests on them and they've been good so far?
That's more rounds than most firearms users will ever shoot in 10 years out of a non carry weapon.

>Haven't quite a few people done 5,000+ round tests on them and they've been good so far?
Not that I'm aware of.

The only documented 5krd test I'm aware of is AKOU and that's only at 3500rds.

>Haven't quite a few people done 5,000+ round tests on them and they've been good so far?
Post em if there's so many. AKOU's hasn't even done 5k yet.
>That's more rounds than most firearms users will ever shoot in 10 years out of a non carry weapon.
Yeah and if you only shoot 50 rounds a year then an IO AK is a perfectly good rifle.

>getting this absolutely buttblasted over a question
enjoy your aneurysm before 40

youtube.com/watch?v=x8n42Q4_c8g
This is the original WBP with a cast front trunnion. Not the same casting we're used to in American AK's, but it's similar to the way Russians and FB Radom casts their trunnions. The Fox that Rob is testing right now is the same gun but it has a forged front trunnion and an FB Radom cold hammer forged barrel, so it's even stronger now.
Personally, I'd take it over the WASR.

Russia,FEG,Maadi,China,Yugo,Romania,Bulgarian and FB radom have never and never will cast front trunnions you mouth breathing retard, several collectors and metallurgist have already stated this. stop spreading dis info to justify shitty commercial builders using inferior parts

OP buy a fucking wasr

Try retaking the pic without the blurr so we know wtf to look at huh?

it's PSA's puzzle piece trunnion fuckery

You are on the right track, but get this one instead:
atlanticfirearms.com/products/aam-romy-fixed-bfpu
WASRs are good.
Atlantic is good.
Underfolders, not so much. They are rickety, have poor/no cheek weld and obstruct the position where the scope mount rail would be. If you buy a rifle with the regular stock, you will have a usable wooden stock and the ability to conveniently mount optics. Price is the same. If you really want a folding stock you can get an adapter for a side-folder.

looking up AKOU (ak operators union) on YouTube will be way more help than anything on this godforsaken vietnamese alpaca raising forum

>I found a Romanian AK that caught my eye.
That's not a Romanian gun. It's a parts kit built by Atlantic. They're perfectly fine rifles, but it is in fact an American AK, as defined by the law anyway.
If you insist on an underfolder, buy a factory WASR UF and put a reverse dong furniture set on it if you're looking for the aesthetic in the pic you posted.

atlanticfirearms.com/products/wasr-10-ak47-rifle-under-folder#

Post your AKs

We already have an AK thread here . Stop spamming the board you fucking faggots.

Sauce

>Can't see that the recoil assembly literally sheared through the rear trunnion.
Get ur eyes checked m8.