Lockheed Martin Unveils a New Short-Range Air Defense System

defence-blog.com/army/lockheed-martin-led-team-revealed-details-of-new-falcon-air-defense-weapon-system.html

Attached: Falcon-Air-Defense-Weapon-System.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armyrecognition.com/october_2012_new_army_military_defence_industry_uk/russian_army_using_now_german-made_trucks_hx77_8x8_from_rheinmetall_man_military_vehicles_0310123.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>German Missiles
>Swedish Radars
>British (Lockheed) C&C
Why can't Americans into anti-air?

Attached: 1531609288474.jpg (1900x4120, 3.41M)

Nobody can challenge our airspace so why bother?

Because your military is built to invade other people's airspace?

Ground based AA is proven to be unreliable. It's the poorfags airspace deterrent. US has the two most powerful airforces in the world, so we don't bother with ground based stuff as much

They also don't want to use their R&D to fuck their own air superiority over.

>let's use a bunch of fighters to protect our ground troops from cruise missiles

>Ground based AA is proven to be unreliable
There's nothing unreliable about forcing an enemy to run continuous SEAD if they want to fly in your airspace without getting chased by missiles whenever they pop up or are engaged.
> It's the poorfags airspace deterrent.
It's a massive force multiplier against enemy aircraft. Combined with your own interceptors / air superiority fighters it's a serious issue for any aircraft in the region.
>US has the two most powerful airforces in the world, so we don't bother with ground based stuff as much
Because the US hasn't fought any modern, capable military in over half a century*

Among other reasons, yeah.

The entire US military is designed around air superiority.

>Scania
>MAN
What's the truck on the right?

Gee Bill, your mother lets you have two airforces?

I want these aesthetics back RIGHT NOW!!!!

While 20th century fuccbois are worried about air, winners are focusing on SPACE

Attached: C4439BC7-049F-42E7-8BC8-1236A5E9C3FC.jpg (1440x1148, 150K)

4 actually.

It looks like the MEADS program's all terrain launch vehicle. I can't find a source that says who makes it.

It's a Rheinmetall MAN of some type. Compare the front.

Attached: rheinmetall_man_truck_german_army_640_003.jpg (640x427, 55K)

Y not 5?

Attached: 13C84E4C-81B2-4136-A47D-18D8DBBB8D50.jpg (1650x1275, 121K)

You mean why can't Lockheed compete with Raytheon.

Technically six.

Well, seven if you count CAP.

CAP’s?

Attached: CCD96ECE-7290-44C0-9335-F72DE57A1819.jpg (3590x2564, 2.84M)

Its a MAN, 4 axle monstrosity

Kinda funny to think we basically have airborne Boy Scouts that make a better showing than many countries’ militaries.

Air National Guard

MAN/RMMV Category 1/Kat 1 SX 32.440 Multi 2 IAC3/3

Then do we count Army National Guard, to?
That’s like what, 8?
I think the Texas State Guard May have some aircraft, too

Attached: ED64F30B-EAC5-41AB-8F0B-C6D0BECAF864.jpg (3072x2048, 2.49M)

Always nice to have good exports.

MAN SX45 with armoured cab

The system is more or less already in service with the UK as LEAPP. We just use CAMM (ASRAAM derived SLM) instead of IRIS-T SLM.

Sure

Where are the enemy getting non-bombed cruise missile launchers from to do these attacks?

The TXANG is unironically like, what, the 6th largest air force? The TXSAG also has a bunch of planes. Both are mostly earlier Vipers phased out from the USAF when Block 50+ started dropping.

CIWS on a truck works fine so far.

Attached: 10427741375_52786d80f5_k.jpg (2048x1172, 1.42M)

Apparently, even Russia uses them : armyrecognition.com/october_2012_new_army_military_defence_industry_uk/russian_army_using_now_german-made_trucks_hx77_8x8_from_rheinmetall_man_military_vehicles_0310123.html

Badass looking trucks for sure..Damn..

Attached: 407e3309e01b6a36b537a983f7d56abe.jpg (750x479, 86K)

>Commanded the 6th largest Air Force staffed with Brazos tubing rednecks
Checkmate, atheists

Attached: BD02F28C-8BEC-450D-BC6F-80ECCCA02BB9.jpg (800x1248, 111K)

How are subs supposed to communicate with ground forces when the enemy's communication systems have been wiped out?

>ground forces

I might join the TXSG, just for shits and gigs.

God I love my state...for now.

They have a little letter in a safe

If we could amputate the tumor known as Austin and transplant it back to California, we’d be set.
God damn I fucking hate Californians so fucking much

That Russian one's a HX77 rather than SX45
Main difference is that they have different suspension and chassis for varying degrees of off-road mobility (SX is coil springs, HX is leaf springs).
But there are other visible differences behind the cab where the powerplant and spare wheel are.

Why does it look like a cheap knockoff of S-400 system?

Attached: 1534526746570.jpg (1063x483, 70K)

Given the difference in missiles it will be a lot more effective than S-400 within its engagement envelope.

>why does an AA system have a radar, a command centre and missile launchers

Attached: 1525005881388.png (1107x1071, 1.37M)

>it will be a lot more effective than S-400 within its engagement envelope.
Thanks for a massive laugh, retard.

Attached: 1549379970750.gif (480x270, 414K)

Are you suggesting a very long range AA system is going to be more effective at SHORAD than this one?

Attached: 1533992861490.png (284x240, 95K)

Thank you for letting us know you are unfamiliar with the missiles in queation.

Except we have the two greatest SAM systems in the world.

it's called SAAB want's some defense bucks, but they can't do it without a US company fronting for them

You're both retarded.

S-400 missiles are the best in the world. They are perfectly adequate for long-range air defense, short-range air defense, self-defense, home-defense, making me breakfast, and jacking off your dog. Russia is truly the greatest nation on Earth and everything it makes is the best. If you don't understand this you must be American.

Three greatest SAM systems.
You forgot about the F-35

Not a SAM system but you right

Offensive is the best Defense after all

Which S-400 missile outperforms IRIS-T in SHORAD?

>That Russian one's a HX77 rather than SX45
You're right. When I said "is using them" I meant Rheinmetall MAN trucks as a whole (they all look similar to my eyes). Should have been more specific.

>letting the enemy fly in your airspace but male them conduct SEAD

Bitch, please. The idea is to completely deny your air space. You can't do that with ground based missiles unless yippy have a fuck ton of them. Fighter coverage will always trump ground based AA.

Why not both fighter coverage and SAM?

>best in the world
>0 for 100+ against actual opponents and not civi airliners

That’s what the US does already, the point is that they have such overwhelming air power that the need for ADS is greatly reduced. If you hold air superiority than what would your SAMs shoot down? They’re not needed for anything other than backup.

Compare this to Russia, who invests heavily in SAMs and shills it fucking everywhere because they know that in a conventional war with the West their air force would be fucked.

So basically the same combat record as Aegis?

How many aircraft has S-400 shot down, and non Russian aircraft has S-300?

Well they do have the patriot, which is somewhat decent.
But the US focuses more on anti-missile more than anything, THAAD and Aegis are both superb systems, and they defend on what it’s important.
Russia and China cannot match the US in planes or ships, so they use anti ship missiles and SAMs to compensate for it, they match the US asymmetricaly that’s why the US lack anti-ship missiles and SAMs while China/Russia lacks a huge number of planes/ships and don’t really have big systems like Aegis/THAAD.
The US is a very scary nation if it goes in a conventional war, it’s industrial capacity is insane, others just can’t really compete.

>copy russia

Aegis isn't a SAM.

It's a system, much like Aegis.

Aegis is a system of systems, S-400 is a SAM battery.

Attached: She_has_the_stick.jpg (1440x2263, 1.71M)