This guy was deployed into an urban environment...

This guy was deployed into an urban environment. All hostiles could tank roughly eight to ten 9mm shots to any part of their body (three or so if any higher) but weren't armed. They were strong enough to pin down an adult man and rip open his neck, though.

>H&K USP9 (lol 9mm)
>H&K (.380, probably)
>Desert Eagle Mark XIX (.50 AE)
>870 shotgun
>standard SAS larp gear

Was he sufficiently armed for this situation? Or did his employers skimp out on price? They had the budget of Pfizer essentially.

Attached: hunk-resident-evil-2-1jpg.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6yy1g1jyk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>All hostiles could tank roughly eight to ten 9mm shots to any part of their body

so 40 less than normal

>H&K MP5 (.380, probably)

Whoops, fixed.

Attached: 1421464010764.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

I don't think they thought Birkin would go Hulk mode and wreck their shit, so if you have a squad of oberadors with MP5's, they probably planned on just annihilating any zombies with volume of fire, which 9mm can do fine with, especially since it's much lighter than most other rounds.

Attached: 1549759058188.png (994x910, 537K)

Also remember than this game takes place in the late 90's, so the SAS larp gear was literally the peak of operator loadout

Attached: 1549326893151.jpg (476x600, 50K)

Attached: large reptiles having a laugh.jpg (224x225, 9K)

His employers were brain dead because they didn't hand him an AR in a respectable caliber.

>couldnt even make the sidearm a USP Elite/Expert

Attached: 1326155575783.png (428x510, 136K)

/thread

The outbreak hadn't happened yet. He was just suppose to grab some scientist and virus samples to return to Umbrella. Unfortunately Martinez shot Birkin and then Birkin took the G-Virus and became a huge monster. Leaving Hunk face down in the sewers for like a week.

Are you referencing a real-life situation? What the fuck are you talking about?

I feel like this was never explained well enough. How did he survive in the sewers for a full week until extraction?

Well what was Martinez supposed to do? Birkin was pulling a gun out, just let him shoot you while you try to punch him or something?

Umbrella packed each soldier with a week's worth of chili mac

made more sense in the OG where he dropped a coffee mug or someshit and got fragged.

whole idea of the merc army was their lives were expendable enough to justify not outright shooting him. I personally like how they portrayed it where heat of the moment SL is pissed he fired, but its accepted and they continue with the primary objective.

What I don't get is why none of them had tasers for that mission.

lol deathsquad

He was separated from his squad remember? They were only supposed to apprehend one rouge doctor, the g-virus getting out and the t-virus epidemic were both accidents. All things considered he was over armed for his planed mission and underarmed for the potential fallout of that mission.

>rouge doctor

Attached: one rouge doctor.jpg (500x740, 34K)

a stash of PAIN HAMBURGER

I mean he was reportedly unconscious for some time, correct? Weren't there zombies and shit down there?

BIG

Well user, time to get to work on a terrible fanfic.

Any time anyone is knocked out in resident evil games, nothing bad can happen to them while unconscious.

And Leon had a fucking vp7.

Well, it was the 90s after all

>jill was unconscious for like 3 fucking days in a shed and nothing happened to her
huh, that's... an interesting rule

>inb4 terrible handwave about low-level BOW's only responding to movements or something

>Alright rookie, RCPD doesn't give a shit about uniformity, that guy over there? He carries a SAA, me? I prefer a BHP, old reliable, so go wild, carry whatever you want.
>Leon: *throws a dart at a poster of HK's handgun lineup*

Attached: 1549570189424.jpg (741x786, 450K)

He actually packed appropriate gear for the situation.
>MP5 for CQB against unarmored scientists and security guards with soft vests.
>USP9 for backup
>Desert Eagle .50 AE to hunt big game since BOWs are flesh and blood and not steel plaes.
>870 Shotgun as backup that can do all previous roles good enough.

Shooting 5.56 into Birkin would be stupid, chances are it'd damage something of worth.

Shooting 5.56 into BOW would be stupid, chances are it'd be less effective than 9x19 hollow point.

Shooting 5.56 into a zombified human would be stupid, as they're resistant to wounding and require you to actually sever vital functions such as brain, heart or spine.

VP7 was standard issue for RCPD (formerly the browning HP). While it's a shit tier handgun, with the shoulder stock enabling 3 round bursts it becomes a great little PDW.
Also, only STARS and chief Irons were allowed personal weapons.

Attached: lol_9mm.gif (300x155, 1.58M)

man, I miss RE4 HUNK

Attached: REUCHUNK.png (725x1000, 569K)

Umbrella should have just cloned HUNK instead of wasting money on viruses.

>Shooting 5.56 into BOW would be stupid, chances are it'd be less effective than 9x19 hollow point
>Shooting 5.56 into a zombified human would be stupid, as they're resistant to wounding and require you to actually sever vital functions such as brain, heart or spine
True 5.56 was designed to wound they should have given him pic related so it could inflict maximum damage when bouncing around

Attached: because 22 is what assassins use.jpg (825x195, 20K)

peak boomer brain

Are you retarded? Do you not realize that 5.56 is small and it goes fast - good for penetration through armor and relatively good effect on humans, but tissue effect if it doesn't tumble or fragment is nothing to write home about.

9x19 HP is a larger bullet (bigger wound) and it fragments (bigger area of tissue damage) with fragments very well resulting in higher chance of hitting these vital areas beyond more effectively destroying bones and rendering muscles unusable.

BOWs and zombies are 1) Big hunks of flesh and blood 2) Extremely resilient to shock 3) Feel no pain.

So the consideration when taking them down is either weaponry that does large tissue damage (.50 AE, 12G Buckshot) or pinpoint accuracy follow up shots to sever vital organs.

Hunk could take 5.56, but it would slow him down and fit no useful role. MP5 in 9x19 HP would be easy to perform follow-up shots with for good effect.

>pinpoint accuracy follow up shots to sever vital organs
My man if you have problems with follow up shots with 5.56 that is entirely your problem and nothing to do with the round.

RE5 Wesker>Hunk
Shoulda had a bunch of Wesker clones.

>MP5 firing 9x19 is known world over for soft recoil in full auto and exceptional accuracy due to G3-style action, that's why an elite operator chose it to spray down civilians and monsters alike.
>Hurrrrrrr duh 5.56 good you just gotta train more with it he should've taken 20 ARs with him Merrica.

Attached: 1544012686563.jpg (320x367, 25K)

Get a load of this boomer.

Leon would like to disagree with this.

>soft recoil
>G3-style action

Attached: 1528249116235.jpg (234x261, 30K)

>RE5

Attached: 1537345292502.png (479x404, 215K)

Holy fuck what a bunch of bullshit, kill yourself.

Realistically (lol at realism for Zombies) he should have a team of guys to support him, he shouldn't be operating alone.

Attached: brazil1.jpg (650x352, 66K)

He did, they died

since canonically speaking .223 is devastating (re4) they should have given him an m4 and like 8 mags worth of ammo.

Yeah but whoever is in charge of the U.S.S. gear obviously has a gigantic boner for the mp5, so that's what they get.

The description of the guns says it's not standard issue for how many problems it has though

>with the shoulder stock enabling 3 round bursts it becomes a great little PDW.
The 3-round burst is uncontrollable, even with the shoulder stock attached.

youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6yy1g1jyk

>t. Max Brooks

>RE-MOTHERFUCKING-5

Attached: 1502586627318.jpg (480x720, 35K)

Sheva is top tier, as are most brown vidya girls.

Godamn right. Obliterating nogs and paki hordes is top tier too.

An M4A1 would probably have slightly less felt recoil than an MP5, if we're gonna be real.
The only real advantage the MP5 has is that 9mm suppresses well (which I don't remember him making use of), and that it's not nearly as obnoxious to shoot in closer spaces as a short barreled .223 (vidya characters never seem to be bothered much with hearing damage or being blinded by muzzleflash)
Both cartridges generally have extremely similar weights, so for ammo you could carry pretty much equal amounts.

Based boulder punchers

Attached: Resident-Evil-5-RE5-Wallpaper-1080p-03-SHEVA-ALOMAR-TRIBAL-COSTUME.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

my dick

Attached: 1548962054139.jpg (478x500, 17K)

9mm is much shorter and stubbier, its probably easier to carry the mags for it

His team was substantially over-equipped to deal with their intended mission, which was to subdue Dr. Birkin and obtain G-Virus samples. The outbreak only started in earnest after his team was ambushed by the mutated Dr. Birkin and T-Virus samples infected the rats in the sewers which trickled into the city water supply. When they were expected to execute their mission, all they had to potentially deal with were two scientists and maybe cops/civilians. That they had so much equipment despite this actually shows forethought on their part in case things got dicier than expected.

Whatever man. I read it in the perryverse and OG RE2

>H&K (.380, probably)
No. And if your dumb ass meant 308, still no. He had a fucking MP5 because he was in a lab full of chemical and biological WMDs and over penetration is a bitch you retard.

The description in the remake says it's chambered in .380, probably so people that know a little about guns but not a lot don't question how it and Clarie's MAC-11 can share ammo.

>The description in the remake
Those digits, wasted on such casual faggottry

I see what you did, and appreciate the satire

Oh Sheva if only there were more r34 of this goddess.

Attached: 1518520467221.jpg (528x543, 43K)