/ARG/ anonfag containment, poverty containment

/arg/
AR thread
Stupid questions general
Hurt feelings general
Reporting dead cat general

RIP OP edition

Old thread

Attached: received_292870308062374.png (876x1024, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

larue.com/products/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Thompson-Center_Arms_Co.
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-9-lightweight-m-lok-moe-ept-sba3-pistol-kit.html
discord.gg/2VsXEx
thenewx.org/forum/114-nissan-off-road-association-colorado-norac/228553-front-range-timing-chain-service.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

giddys best ar in arg

How many /arg/s will there be?

Attached: 20190217_093338.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

You're in the right place, giddy and op dindu nuffin

Should I go against my KISS tendency and get an adjustable gas block for my 10.3 DD barrel? Cost is no worry, reliability is my goal.
>one user said yes it's nice
>thread deleted
>you absolute autists

Im not sure which of the three args i want to post in

Real thread over here niggers

Get one that bleeds excess gas like the superlative

You dont need an adjustable block. Its incredibly useful if you suppress and it's nice to have perfect gas. If budget or not wanting to duck with it are a concern then go standard. The odds of you getting a PSA tier has port aee very low.

I have a Superlative Arms bleed off on an 11.5 w/ about 1k rounds through it. It works great.

Yeah too late you literal nobody with a dead thread

You can easily put together a build sans optic for a grand.

You're gonna want to build. A BCM railed upper with Ok tier BCG, charging handle, lower, and irons is going to come in at 800-900 and will likely be the best bang for your buck you can get in the current market.

What’s the best AR that I can get for a grand? I’ve got a cheap PSA I got on sale years ago and I want something better. If my budget is a grand is it best to buy a factory rifle or build?

Also Is there a reason to go with a carbine length gas system anymore? Has mid length replaced it or does carbine have a purpose with a 16” barrel?

Do you think it shoots significantly better than if you had full gas?

You're going to get smoother recoil and ejection but it's not going to "shoot better". You will reduce wear.

Oops sorry guys

I’m not too worried about an optic, I’ve got a couple Aimpoint Pros I can steal from their rifles

That’s kind of what I’m thinking, a decent complete BCM upper and something simple like an Aero lower.

Is it stupid to buy Colt rifles in 2019?

Bcm upper and aero lower are a solid choice. Colt is overpriced but does have flexing power

How are early Olympic Arms/SGW rifles?
Someone is offering me one in a trade for a gen 3 Glock 22 and it’s in nice shape, and it’ll definitely be a trade up for me. If it’s a solid rifle would it be a decent beater?

Tell me about Stag arms. Thinkgen about getting pic related with a 18" barrel and comp

Attached: Stag st-15-tac-16-1_7.jpg (1024x1024, 36K)

They're okayish. They dont have PSA tier qa from what I've seen but I haven't seen a lot. I doubt it won't make a decent rifle to abuse the shit out of

Buy the CHF BCM mlok upper with an aero lower. Replace the trigger and butt stock later and you've got a decent rifle.

>Is it stupid to buy Colt rifles in 2019?
Yep.

Stag is pretty fudd tier

>AR
>fudd
Please explain

Attached: 1455866400945.jpg (433x380, 26K)

I hate waiting for parts.

Attached: 1533151386352.jpg (4608x1550, 1.54M)

Fudd is a bit of a misnomer. Picture middle aged guy with a dumb goatee and a shitty arm band tattoo on AR15 Nation. That's all I've ever seen shoot Stag and they're the first to do the JUSTASGOOD shit with their chineesium optics.

Did you smear poop on your brass deflector?

A bit overpriced but they're fine. Just fine, but fine.

they shipped several batches of Stag 10s to Canada with less than secure gas blocks which resulted in undergassing until realigned/retightened.

Yup. Superlative Arms gas block works great. We'll over 1k rounds on mine and no issues. Follow the directions and you'll have a good time

Attached: 1550119805423.gif (500x384, 1.06M)

somebody talk me out or into this
larue.com/products/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit/

Post pic that's a creator. If its dick mod pls leave

12" 5.56 with the 10.5" mlok
doesnt show you a preview

Attached: 409D3419-EE78-4553-89C9-5996FBA70556.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

Do it. Mark a good boi fuck Billy

Don't know much about the Ar platform and only have a Bushmaster carbine that I bought a long time ago. With the ATF saying it's alright to shoulder certain braces I am going to be buying an Ar pistol. I have some questions
>what barrel length? Was thinking 7.5
>should I build or buy a pre-built. Budget is around $750
>what company would offer me the best bang for my buck in that price range?

I want to build an ar and I'm torn between a 14.5" pin and weld or an 11.5" pistol. What do /arg/?

What's more important, caliber or barrel length? Because with 5.56 you really shouldn't go below 10.5", while .300 out of 7.5" would be fine.

Attached: FHHJ4.jpg (799x600, 105K)

>>what barrel length? Was thinking 7.5
11.5. something something dwell time, something something terminal ballistics. Definitely don't go below 10.
>should I build or buy a pre-built. Budget is around $750
build. also maybe consider reading the thread since somebody already asked about building guns roughly in your price range
>what company would offer me the best bang for my buck in that price range?
Ctrl + F "BCM"

Appreciate it lads. Will probably go with an 11 inch barrel then

Assuming you're noguns, or at least noARs, pistol first.

See, it's legal to make a pistol into a rifle, and back into a pistol. But if you try to make a rifle into a pistol, you've made an SBR.

Pistols have no maximum barrel length, so you could make a 14.5"/16" pistol, and later install and uninstall a stock at your leisure. I'd say buy whichever barrel/upper you can get the best deal on at the time.

ar thread
post peni

However, if it's in rifle configuration and he doesn't have an sbr/pistol lower around but has a short barrel upper, ATF could fuck him for "possession" of an SBR.

What? if he had it in rifle configuration with a short barrel upper and no pistol lower that'd clearly be an SBR. That's what an SBR is.

That's not true. He might have to explain that it's a pistol lower currently configured as a rifle, but he'd be legal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Thompson-Center_Arms_Co.

That's what I just said.
Have fun being the test case.

>Have fun being the test case.
That's literally a Supreme Court decision, you fucking retard.

postan best ammo
OTM step aside, TMK best friend now

Attached: fullsizeoutput_12eb.jpg (4032x3024, 2.94M)

Right, so having a pistol lower doesn't make it ok to build an SBR on a rifle lower. Thanks for the clarification.

Sure, until the ATF changes ruling and confuses the shit out of everyone again

Rate this:

11.5 bcm mcmr
Aero lower sba3 m4e1
Radian ch
Toolcraft bcg

You dun good. What optic?

H-1 with adm from my sr15 which will get a k16i

Good taste, dont forget the KAC micro buis

This post brought to you buy KAC Shill Gang

Plan on getting it. Thanks, KAC bro.

did giddys cat really get deleted last thread? WTF.

Attached: wotg.png (1080x767, 1.41M)

Hi /arg/. If I buy this: palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-9-lightweight-m-lok-moe-ept-sba3-pistol-kit.html

...then all I need to finish the build is a stripped lower, right?

Attached: kill a commie for mommy.jpg (400x551, 100K)

And sights. Then whatever doodads you want to put on after

correct

Get in here
discord.gg/2VsXEx

You can blame faggots like the guy screaming for a ban. I'm sure he reported it like a pussy.

I'm building an AR pistol as soon as I decided what setup I want and I need some thoughts on this.
I want a suppressor setup but also want to stay under 16". I've read that you need at least 12" for 5.56 to burn all propellant other wise it blasts your 1st baffle. Also considering .300 black out but I don't really like the idea of getting into a new caliber none of my other guns can shoot.
Anyone know of any 77grain or higher loads for 5.56 that are better for suppressor use? Should I break into blackout and get a 9" barrel?

Alright joining on more alts.

I miss that guy. Mike B was a good man.

Get in discord faggot he wants to say hi

Whoever reported OP should literally self dox themselves like Wuggy did.

>test case
He literally linked a ruling by the United States Supreme Court, holy shit you are retard.

how do I do a wgws clone?

trip on wuggy

run as fast as you can into the nearest concrete wall, head first. do this several more times until you have multiple concussions. then put a mish-mash of random parts together based on internet reviews by idiots. congratulations you now have yourself a wuggywussy 6moa piece of shit that you use to shoot at your so-called "friends."
did i miss anything?

so THIS is what brass jews look like? I don't see the problem.

Attached: 1550622150715.jpg (920x1385, 219K)

What MI handguard is the one that I’ve seen pics of it breaking here? Asking for a friend that just bought a MI mlok.

thanks dude!, I already have 1 concussion from a car accident years ago, 7 more to go! isnt he running ash clone parts on a fancy lower?

>brass jews

Attached: GibBrass.webm (1920x1080, 740K)

is that your car hes 3 feet from? I'd beat him to death

>didn't read the decision
Let me help you:
>This circumstance caused the court to apply the rule of lenity since the NFA carries criminal penalties with it. This meant that ambiguous statutes are interpreted against the government.
>ambiguous
All ATF has to do is "clarify" just like they did with bumpstocks and the whole pistol to rifle to pistol again thing goes out the window. Have fun being the test case

pretty sure its Wuggys or A2s car.

I'm about 99% sure that's WGWS' car.

>used citristrip paint stripper to take paint off.
>thin layer of cloudy paint remains like pic related

What do? Can I strip it again?

Attached: D87B8E0E-6453-4F14-B428-D4765D5F1821.jpg (800x600, 100K)

it is wgws and his xterra, im in the same fucking forum hes in, for a rifle I have an "ash clone" and for a car i have a "wgws clone" FML

thenewx.org/forum/114-nissan-off-road-association-colorado-norac/228553-front-range-timing-chain-service.html

What kind of paint did you use?

Paint it black

Looks cool as is desu. But brake fluid will take the paint off. Soak a rag with it, put the rag on the gun overnight. Paint will wipe off. Clean tf outta the gun, oil it. Brake fluid is hygroscopic and leaving any on there would be like the gun being outside in the tropics.

Rustoleum

Also, brake fluid is engineered to not damage plastics or any rubber or anything.

Quick question for my next build:

I want a mid length gas system, so would there be any reason to go 16" over a 14.whatever inch with a pinned/welded A2 flash hider? I'd prefer the 14.whatever but I'm not sure if that would allow enough dwell time for 5.56. Is that an issue for this caliber/length barrel, or would I be fine?

I got annoyed at my 14.5 when I finally got a suppressor and wanted to put a different muzzle device on it.

I'd say you should solvent bath it in lacquer thinner. Not too much, just enough to cover it. If recommend taking it apart so you don't have to use a shit ton of thinner. Get a soft bristle brush (tooth brush) so you don't scratch the anodized finish and go do town. The first bath/scrub won't get it perfectly but it will get 99% but you will still have residue. Once you've got that done, either start a new bath with fresh thinner + rag and brush (best) or use a rag + q-tips that are wet with lacquer thinner. Change out your rag and q-tips a few times (works but will take longer)

Lacquer thinner is a stronger solvent than paint stripper or other mineral spirit based solvents. Also, get a BOX of rubber/nitrile gloves, the lacquer thinner will fuck them up quick, even the thicccccc ones

>buy large pvc tube and 2 end caps
>fill with gas
>throw all parts in it
>wait a week
>remove and scrub

magpuls texturing is hard to get 100% clean though.

Attached: 10.5 sling can.jpg (1200x500, 193K)

This is a wholly fucking bad idea. But that does remind me, , for the plastic, don't soak them in lacquer thinner. They /could/ soften but it's not highly likely

was perviously painted with rustoleum

Attached: jsdf meme camo.jpg (1200x1600, 623K)

The only thing left to do is drive the car into a Democrat Party office in Boulder with the rifle in the passenger seat. You'll frame both Ash and Max.

Didn't work too good did it?
>waiting a week

Attached: 20190219_185240.png (618x394, 177K)

Your thread died, you're not welcome here either

At that point I'd just paint it black.

Yeah actually I'd probably be lazy enough to do that

Attached: PicsArt_02-19-07.03.56.png (1056x720, 281K)

>Operator as Fuck
This thread is getting even more full of faggots

That's God letting you know he hates you for getting rid of Rustoleum.
>What do?
Paint again.

Attached: 65df4gh698rtd4h6r8t4hr.jpg (2376x1368, 1.12M)

I already have a tacticool-d AR, so I want this build to be as basic-bitch as possible so it's bombproof. Going to run irons only (carry handle / F height gas block/front sight post), a sling, and A2 flash hider, and probably nothing else beyond that. I don't ever plan to suppress this thing.

Other than the being married the flash hider, are there any cycling related reasons to go 16" over 14.whatever, or would I be 100% G2G with the 14.whatever?