Are those training programs like Haley Strategic n shit memes or are they worth the time, money and travel?

Are those training programs like Haley Strategic n shit memes or are they worth the time, money and travel?

Attached: 1540334451472.png (863x872, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NLZL8wtuRmA
youtube.com/watch?v=Yd3v_fssabI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

/thread

Probably not worth the time and travel for some big name meme school but I'd say in general paying someone to teach you a skill is often a good value for the money. There's probably people more local to you and you'd likely learn the same type of things from a good intermediate level shooter in a weekend as you would from a legendary meme tier operator.

The issue isn't if it's worth the money, it's whether or not you can retain the knowledge and practice ENOUGH to make use of what they're teaching you.

SF aren't really some sort of ubermensch with mythic levels of marksmanship, if you look at what they're really doing, it's mastering the basics of urban operations, and weapons manipulation. For example, being able to pour into a room and clear it with the smoothness of running water.

Attached: 12914962_10208922137676721_662546187_o.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

The average "local" tactical sperg isn't likely to have something like this: youtu.be/NLZL8wtuRmA

You get what you pay for. That's why people like Haley exist. Beyond basic CCW you need vetted BTDT instructors teaching tactics. Especially NVG and room clearing

No there are literally hundreds of Field Manuals and TMs that have been declassified from the US MIL detailing CQC, combatives, and literally any other aspect of combat in PDF form. Shooting classes are a meme, just remember the knowledge is meaningless unless you train. A good book to start with would be “Combat in built up areas” or “movement over urban terrain”

>just read a book lmao
Nigger you have to implement what's in them and train. Ideally youd train with your group so everyone knows what's going down but if you go to the same classes it's easier to keep everyones tactics the same regardless.

At a minimum Id want to do airsoft with my team doing room clearing both during the day and under nods.

give me my fuckin 40mm grenade launcher you fucking cucks.

>“just remember the knowledge is meaningless unless you train”

Are you blind kid?

Attached: 4DCE15EA-F6E6-43AD-B71F-8D48547CFF6D.jpg (544x626, 98K)

What region are you in? I can prob point you towards someone who knows what the fuck they are doing. If the foundation of the training is anything other than teaching you how to practice perfecting the basics, it's a fucking meme. There are no "tricks". You have to learn how to assess yourself and practice practice practice

>these classes aren't worth it
>unless you train the books are worthless
How exactly are you training squad tactics by yourself user?

fpbp

There are a lot of books out there on squad tactics, if you want to practice it IRL you could always do airsoft at in indoor range. I don’t really have an interest in squad tactics but I have a lot of the general set ups memorized

You sound like a nogunz poster

Airsoft is viable but it's fucking dumb to not get livefire training on it. Realistically if you don't have a squad you're either dead or laying low during shtf anyway meaning it's moot.

Yes?
It was a fucking either/or question
Yes is not an answer.
>do you want soup or salad?
>yes

>twelve years later and Jow Forums still thinks skills come from reading a book and self-study and not direct instruction by someone who knows better than you
This is why nobody on Jow Forums will ever be fast.

Only if you're a sperg. Shtf larperator PMC training IS a meme and it IS worth it.

Fucking normie.

So what you're saying is "is a meme" and "is worth it" aren't actually mutually exclusive.
Finally, someone gets it.

>do you want soup or salad
>yes
Do you not see how stupid that sounds instead of saying
>i'd like both please

Epic, I’ve been disproven

pirate cds and record yourself shooting to correct bad form and habits if poorfag. if you're not a poorfag you should still go to a class tho

>you can learn CQB tactics and how to work shapes and structures from a book
>you can spar with yourself and a book
>force on force scenario training with non compliant attackers can be done at home by yourself

Better tell every major LE agency and SOF group that, you’re onto something here Mr. McOper8r! While I agree one can sift around the internet and self teach themselves how to better use a handgun and whatnot figuring some stuff out but why the fuck wouldn’t you just want to skip all the time wasting and guess work by going to a professional instructor? People with a low skill level and understanding of shooting/fighting tend to hold opinions like yours so I get it.

Also
>takes military contextiual tactics and techniques
>tries go apply it to civilian/edc context

LOL

Attached: 28A2BCA4-4D0D-40BC-AA22-F479A674D101.jpg (600x400, 131K)

>This is why nobody on Jow Forums will ever be fast.

Lol, this. There was a fuckhuge improvement for my shooting from being a 2 year gun owner, a couple shooting classes, nearly daily dryfire and USPSA. No information on Jow Forums contributed to any improvements and that’s a fact.

You're that one asshole in the group of friends that always kills the joke aren't you?

>triggered illiterate man screams at the computer

If the joke is really fucking bad.

What kinda of pouches/rigs are those?

>pay 3 weeks salary to train with da best
>Urban Warfare is real yo
>train like a mothafucka
>gang of niggers run at you like you was a white thot
>training goes out the window no how much time and money spent

A simple "No" would have sufficed

>>gang of niggers run at you like you was a white thot
>>training goes out the window no how much time and money spent
>look mommy i posted it again!
you going to say "wearing body armor is stupid you die to nigger xDD" next?

Wearing body armor is stupid you die to nigger xDD

Yes

Make sure to ask him how many minorities he's slain

Attached: 8e78efa40e9c151dabe4b01f514d277b.jpg (1800x2650, 614K)

I agree with this on the local level for many places (where I live and around at least) it just seems like there are so many asshat punisher skull decal on their truck fat old fucks who were probably POGs peddle shit.

what the fuck is that aimpoint mounted to

This sounds like something a poor shut-in tells themselves to remain convinced they could handle any situation. Nothing replaces good instruction and repetitive practice. There's a reason professional golfers utilize teachers to work on their game...you can't self-diagnose and try to perform at peak levels at the same time. Competent, sharp-eyed observation is irreplaceable on any serious level.

Ruger mk3 with kac nt4. Doggo killa. :(

>we don't need training!

Attached: 1548530607277.webm (888x500, 1.26M)

It's like this for basically every endeavour. You will never be smart, strong, fast, or any other positive quality engaging solely with yourself. You must have other people.
>angry autist noises

>training? no need!

Attached: 1544738562593.jpg (3264x2448, 2.48M)

Yes I'll take the super salad, sounds great!
*sips*

Attached: 1530820688102.png (1876x1200, 80K)

everyone could benefit from some coaching in any endeavor that requires any physical coordination

Why use .22lr for dispatching doggos?

Why not .45? A welrod or something? I've seen vids of doggos tanking 9mm

ITT
>hey guys is it worth it to pay for plane tickets and tuition fees to have a honey moon with internet oper8tor man where he yells textbook information at me?
>well the textbook information is widely available and you can practice applying those inf-
>NERRRRRRRRD!!!!!!!!!111!!!!! TOP KEK MAX LOLZ HE WILL NEVER MAKE IT IN ASS ETCH TEA ELF UNLIKE ME, I WILL TOTALLY REKT EVERYONE IRL AFTER SPENDING A WEEK WITH GUN CHAD HIMSELF

Took a weekend with Haley, 1500+ rounds through primary. Worth it.

.45 and 9mm are loud as fuck compared to .22lr or they would. You can think what you want but that's what the gun is for.

Dog charging is not comparable to getting headshotted under nods from 20ft away.

>mfw I never saw footage of myself shoot so I don't know if I look like a limp wristed beanboy

How do you manage to tie your shoes in the morning?

That’s what I tried to tell them, literally hundreds of books out there. You don’t need to pay hundreds for some autist to show you how to handle a gun in different environments. There are so many “combat lessons learned” books and things of that nature out there for free that point out errors commonly made in different scenarios.

>XD I paid le epic combat man a few of my paychecks to make me epic and badass

Keep coping

>KFC bucket filled with tannerite and ball bearings.
Colonel is having chicken tonight.

quick quick user post your guns

>quick quick user post your guns

Owning firearms is something retards can do quite easily unfortunately, probably doesn’t own one anyways.

>where I live and around at least

Where do you live? I can maybe post recs

Eggs Dee le epic NoGunz amirite guise? Get rekt

All I own is air soft UwU ;-; but sometimes Xd my dad lets me shoot his 22 XD EPIC

>Better tell every major LE agency

Uh, outside of specialized teams and the initial training you get at the academy, most of your in-service training is actually not hands on and is done in the form of a powerpoint while you sit there and stare at the clock if there's brass in the room with you/read a newspaper if not. Just saying.

I would go to a Pat Mac class, even if you think training is a meme (and I'm not a tacticool carbean shooter by any stretch of the imagination, it would be fun as hell to do some shooting while hearing all the GAS IT UP BURN IT DOWN and ALLLLLLLL RIGHT and BLAZE OPS.

Training isn’t a meme, paying an overrated RSO hundreds to give you a few pointers you could easily find elsewhere is a meme. The only good thing about paying to train is probably being able to use a live fire killhouse to train in (if they even have one) but even then you could just go get an airshit copy of your gun and do the same thing at an airsoft rink (I’ve never been I just have seen videos and a lot of the indoor setups seem Bretty cuul)

pure meme. enlist for army basic training then when you graduate tell them you don't want to serve anymore. conscientious objector or whatever. the training is top notch.

Spotted the guy who constantly flags people at the range, and offers 'tips' that people roll their eyes at.

Attached: 1547013505903.png (528x528, 203K)

.45 has the potential to be quieter than .22lr

In this topic we have poorfags and socially anxious spergs, knowing full well they are too poor to afford taking classes or are fucking weirdos who would stick out like a sore thumb, copeposting about how training is stupid and useless anyway and they can learn how to be just as good by reading field manuals and watching YouTube videos.

Retard

>gets challenged to post guns
>still doesnt post em
Nogunz as fuck
>inb4 muh kay is atf honeypot excuse

It's a meme unless you get paid to carry a gun for a living. But it's worth it if you've got the money and you like a good LARP. Anyone who says you shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun unless you pay for training is a trainer.

It's not about being "just as good" it'a about being "good enough" for the most probable scenario a civilian defender will face. If you can draw and get 2 hits in a 6" circle in 2 seconds or so you have covered about 95% of all civilian defensive gun uses.

Ok kid.

>why would you pay to have someone teach you guitar when you could read instruction manuals and watch idiots on YouTube who may or may not be giving you sound advice?

This. These people will be stuck in Marksman for the rest of their lives while 15 year olds who have been to three training sessions are almost qualifying Expert.

What gun is in the bottom pic? Some sort of PCC?

Mag angle suggests MP7.

A two day long class wont do much of anything desu,

lol I actually taught myself guitar. I can't read sheet music but I can play most anything I hear and for weird shit I can't figure out there's tab.

And average dude who uses a gun as a tool for self defense and not a job or autism ego boost won't know or care. You're trapped in a bubble of enthusiast bullshit that the vast majority of gun owners doesn't even know exists.

This. If you offered to pay for the class and ammo I'd go to some tacticool class in a heartbeat. But I have shit I gotta do, money I gotta make, and only so much time. The better use of time and money for 99% of people is to train a little every week, rather than attend some high-speed tacticool class then toss your gucci AR in the safe to gather dust.

You have to be self employed to make it imo. That's what I realized and finally got out of the labrat life for welding.

>have work
Good
>people want jobs done while your work is steady and want to bump someone
Look like I just got a 35% raise then

My times got cut literally in half, get a better instructor.

Yeah. And I will always be faster.
>Press D to dab on the casuals

>ego based on dick measuring contests with people who have no dicks and don't even know he's alive

wew lad

>Being average and ignorant of advanced techniques is acceptable.
If your aren't trying to be better in every area of your life why do you even get up in the morning?

Do you grind your coffee beans? Do you produce your own food? Brew your own alchohol? Have you taken a defensive driving course? Have you taken medical courses? Cooking courses? Comms courses?

People specialize in areas of interest to them. I'm glad you have a hobby user.

>Haley Strategic
He will teach you how to make NDs.

Attached: 1549857400141.webm (640x640, 1008K)

I have actually done most of those. Learning valuable skills can be a hobby but to treat them as if they are nothing but is ignorant

>So much milking

Read some books and do independent research, nigger. It's cheaper and will fit you better.

so what I am getting out of this thread is that larpers think taking a week off to fly to some e-celeb's fuckfuck house is gonna instantly make them elite operators, and everyone else who doesn't do that must be poor and weak and have small dicks.
Not exactly surprised, it's like airshitters thinking they are above the herd of sheeples, or gear queers spending a fortune on gucci shit they'll never use. It's less about actually honing yourself but to FEEL like it, instant gratification shit, and the folks getting paid for it knows exactly what they are doing.

they just need more push up

>no classes are worthless
>no books are worthless
>no self study is worthless
Cool

You can read books to learn how to race a car, but you will never be a race car driver without training and behind the wheel experience.
Being a nogunz and trying to to act like you can handle yourself with a couple of trips to the range is laughable.

You're thinking under the assumption that people go to these training camps to prepare for shtf.
A lot of people do it just to improve their skill with firearms.

>Do you grind your coffee beans?
Yes
>Do you produce your own food?
I have a small herb and pepper garden during the summer
>Brew your own alchohol?
I don't drink
>Have you taken a defensive driving course?
I went to BMW driving school once
>Have you taken medical courses?
CPR course
>Cooking courses?
No, but it's been on my mind for a while since I picked up baking
>Comms courses?
Nope

Epic and fagpilled

Begone gun grabbing ATF

Epic I got that toolie on my side yu’on even know, know’m sayin?

Nigga. That kid doesn't even have guns to go to the range with.

Epic rely

Well in the army we started with books then would do it but only after classes to help us learn the basics so wed actually understand what the drill sergeant was trying to get us to do irl. So really both would be a good way to learn I'd say

>yeah bro, Nigel who weighs 300lbs and once shot a squirrel with his airsoft is just as good as a combat veteran!

Why would anyone on this board ever pay money to larp with live ammo. You will never use any of the shit you "learn" at this course. Because shooting a gun behind a trashcan is not a skill. and even if you really got good at shooting a rifle behind trashcans you will most likely never be in a situation were you fire a rifle behind a trash can

The skill set needed by a soldier is not the skill set an average joe CCW holder needs. I'd rather take a class from a grizzled vet cop like Bob Stasch. Listen to his opinions on acceptable guns, sights and training. Dudes running $2k a weekend classes on suicide watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yd3v_fssabI