Space Force

Papa Cheeto just signed the US Space Force as the 6th branch of the US Military. Thoughts on this my good people of Jow Forums?

>link:

google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/19/trump-directs-pentagon-to-create-space-force-legislation-for-congress.html

Attached: 7965D75E-272B-4D80-92D6-C3D326AF0289.jpg (750x856, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_AUXpnB065o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>US Space Force
hah, they've had a secret US Space Force for decades. fucking liars

He didn't do anything. He ordered his people to ask Congress for permission and they'll tell him to fuck off.

>wasting money on unworldly things when the world can't even exist peacefully

Absolutely American and boomer tier.

Attached: 30yroldboomer.png (380x349, 78K)

Someday the US will expand into space again, possibly in Space Race 2.0 with China, either way it's inevitable that space will be more important in the future (satellite comms, high altitude aircraft, missiles, cyberwarfare, etc). And when sending things into orbit becomes easier and more cost effective, we're going to see more space stations up there, no longer of purely scientific purposes....and with that comes weaponry.

And then you'll need people trained to defend those space installations, thus Space Marines.
In other words, the Space Force is the first step towards the inevitable recruiting of actual Space Marines further down the line, maybe towards the ass end of this century or during the next but it's coming

Earth is a lost cause. The white man's future awaits in the wild frontiers of space.

I have no strong opinions about this. I'm pretty sure that the Pentagon isn't going to draft a proposal to create Space Marines or any such retarded nonsense, and am unaware of any reason why US Space Command shouldn't be a separate branch. From my naive perspective, it seems like running satellites is quite a different responsibility than running aircraft, where we might benefit from greater specialization and more focused purpose that a dedicated branch of the military would offer.

They arent starting or buying anything new. Its just conglomerating existing space assets from the USAF, Army, and Navy into its own sub-branch under the air force. Much like the USMC under the Navy. Still neat though. Wonder if they will get their own uniform. Probably not, but I can dream.

>And then you'll need people trained to defend those space installations, thus Space Marines.

bad news: armed humans serve literally no purpose in space warfare

>Papa Cheeto
Kek

Even though I think he’s generally a retard, I’m all for the space force

Sucks that it’ll be under the AF, like the muhrines are under the Navy, but maybe they’ll get their own uniforms and we will finally expand into space

When can I enlist?

Attached: CnG7CuAUIAArRbQ.jpg (935x646, 172K)

We’ll see about that when boarding parties disguised as space debris start hitting installations

>We’ll see about that when boarding parties disguised as space debris start hitting installations

if space debris is already hitting a spacecraft without being vaporized, it's not really worth boarding that spacecraft, is it?

>you must be 18 years old to post on this site

>what are boarding parties
>what if someone goes nuts from the isolation like they do in submarines
>what about an ayylmao

Attached: 220px-Alien_vs._Predator_(2004)_-_Alien.jpg (220x286, 12K)

>There is no time to be lost!
>BATTLE BRUVAS!

>running away from your homeland as a refugee instead of fighting for what's yours
you are not welcome in the ethnostate

>reeeeee you have an opinion different than mine
>u-underage!!!

lol, said from his ivory tower. If I was born in Mexico you'd bet your ass I'd try to coyote my way up here. Are you going to one-man-army the cartels AND the fucked up government? Best you could do would be to Kaczynski that shit.

>boarding comsats

Literally why.

No I don't care about your opinion whatsoever, because you type like a little an underaged faggot.

>Papa Cheeto
>Childish insults
>7965D75E-272B-4D80-92D6-C(...).jpg
>iphone shill pic id
everything checks out

Attached: tranny discord.png (640x731, 207K)

Fuck off pedro

I live in the US, if you didn't get that from my post, dipshit. I bet you've never even worked a day in your life, keyboard warrior.

>our comsats have been commandeered by the Chinese
What's the worst that could happen?

Go back to Mexico and take your shit eating family with you

If I "went back," that would be five generations ago to Bavaria. Does your mind only work in bumper stickers?

>Thoughts on this my good people of Jow Forums?

Having space activities spread across 60 some agencies is full retard tier competing interests.

it was gonna happen sooner or later

Why is the US Air Force so upset?

Past tense you mean? The Space Force will fall under the USAF like the Marines and the USN instead of being a fully seperate branch.

>if you don't suck Trump dick on Jow Forums you're a shill
Take your medication and go back to rtd faggot

Why would that be easier to do with a man than with a robot? They're remotely controlled electronics. There's no guy up there running a switchboard.

>people in space
>when sabotaging and instantly killing entire colonies is as simple as popping a balloon

The absolute best result you could get is from terraforming, which we are still far from realizing. Stuffing a bunch of people into an installation on the moon is just preparing people for summary execution, if not from rogue agents then from power failure.

Attached: haus.png (960x540, 402K)

They'll almost certainly wear the AF's uniform at the start, let's just hope they don't cheap out and use the tiger stripe

>be retard
>say retarded thing
>get called on saying retarded thing

"t-take your meds!!!"

Post a pic of a gun you own then.

Well, its not that difficult to engineer seperate areas so that if one became breached it wouldn't kill everything. A solid structure on, say, the moon would hold up pretty well. And as far as power goes, just like everything else up there, redundancy is key. Also, because of the positioning of the moon, unless there's a lunar eclipse then solar power is actually highly viable. Its a nessecary step, in order to get to the ultimate end goal(terraforming) we have to have a place to set up crafts outside of earth's gravity well. There are steps needed to be taken.

Warthog Run theme plays

I think its a good idea.

Neither the Moon or Mars are viable places forclong term habitation, the human body's need for a goldilocks gravity is pretty absolute.

Venusian cloud cities?

Those moon rabbits aren't going to kill themselves user

Less funding for them

Unironically more viable than both.

It's not "wasting money." It's just taking an already established part of the military and giving it its own administration. It's no different than when the Air Force was created from the Army Air Corps.

it's thousands of times more cost effective and less time consuming to just genocide everyone and earth and restore the biosphere than to go terraform some other planet (that will fuck us over in subtle ways due to magnetic field/gravitational differences).

i think this is how Gundam starts...I'm in

Attached: tallgeese.gif (540x405, 1.27M)

Just another way to funnel money into his dumb wall

Attached: 09839FBB-ADCD-48A3-A60A-2656C04B1A73.png (2480x2598, 439K)

>Starfleet uniforms when

How many pushups do I need to do to become a spez muhreen?

Air, land, sea, space

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO THIS MAKES NO SENSE FUCKING IMPEACH HIM

Attached: 04EEF26C-F1B5-436C-807D-1CD79535F5DA.jpg (1272x920, 287K)

>Papa Cheeto
kek'd

Attached: giphy.gif (482x277, 3.87M)

Unless Congress funds it, it can't happen. ASnd congress won't fund it with democrats in control, not without some real concessions.
The US president doesn't get to rule by fiat, a fact established by the constitution. When you pricks stop wiping your ass with the constitution every day and only caring about the second amendment, maybe you'll figure that out.
As usual, you fags are getting all excited over nothing.

Better than forfeiting space to China and Russia

Am I the only one that thinks that Trump doesn't give a fuck about a space force but rather has the miniscule amount of farsight to understand that one day this will actually gain relevance and then he gets to have his name on it as its founder? I mean come on there is more important things to do for the US president than larp right now.

>Democrats demand bribes for an bypartisan topic

Are you ignorant of the topic and just wanted to REEE about the bad orange man?

I fail to see the point to create a meme branch when NASA is so pozzed we can't even go to the moon anymore without 20 years of prep when they did it 50 years ago with a computer as powerful as a calculator

Are you saying the creation of a spaceforce is a relevant action right now at least compared to the problems he is facing? It appears to me thatthere is more important matters to tend to.

There's very little scientific value in manned missions to the moon compared to space telescopes and rovers and shit.

The big ticket manned missions are going to be done by the private sector.

>The private sector
>Taking any big risks

Okay.

Bruh, there are BFRs under construction right now.

They're explicitly designed to be able to ferry cargo to Mars and beyond, cost effectively.

Isn't it supposed to be subserviant to the Air Force like the Marines are to the Navy?

The reason to create Space Force is because NASA is too pozzed to be salvaged at this point.

They're doing it right now.

Yes, it is.

Yes, that is what got the USAF to agree.

there are trillions of dollars worth of critical infrastructure in space. they absolutely will be targeted by enemies. and they must be defended.

Attached: 1538668650608.jpg (695x1036, 252K)

>durr i dont understand how space based weapons can influence conflict on Earth
You born stupid or just dropped on your head?

when you get a BSE or MSE

>wasting money on unworldly things when the world can't even exist peacefully
That has never happened for the entire history of primates.

youtu.be/_AUXpnB065o

Attached: 1501553133286.jpg (677x960, 87K)

It probably won't change much since the military is already involved in space. I will hope that it will be used to help set up a proper anti-meteor defense system to change the flight path of a giant meteor that would otherwise wipe out all life on earth.

I will add that it might also help enable humanity's rebirth on another planet in that it could lead to deploying microbes engineered to grow into human beings on a terraformed planet which would be essential since one day the earth will no longer sustain human life regardless of what humans do.

I will most importantly add that if we do get space infantry and if anyone here joins, remember that the fighting is only a portion of the war. The rest of the war requires self-discipline and a strong resistance to short-term pleasures.

Trust NOT any xeno THOT.

Attached: Screenshot_20180916-192357_Gallery.jpg (1080x1073, 436K)

>Bypartisan topic
Doubt.
Also, where was your anger when Mitch McConnel adopted the strategy of denying Obama any legislative successes at all, even ones both parties supported?

We can't go to the moon because we don't have the fuck huge rocket, I think we're good on calculators though.

Prove it.

>that would created
>would created
Wow. You all are stupid as fuck for trusting this shit. Also, there won’t be a 6th branch

All I hope is for my grandchildren to be child soldiers in giant mechs in space

Attached: 1547535943013.jpg (1840x988, 849K)

Your whataboutism implies you agree that Democrats would be in the wrong if they choose to be obstructionists.

It was one of our things
I know a guy who was going to commission through AF after leaving the Army just for the space program with a major in Aerospace Engineering
he got married instead

>prove me wrong

Prove yourself to be in the right.

Well, its just too bad, because in order to get to Mars we need either an orbital or lunar launchsite, and in order to get to and start processing our asteroid belt we need even more infrastructure in space. A habitable city-station would be bretty cool. Bottom line is we can't sustain our numbers long-term without stripping our planetary resources, so we need to look to bring in outside resources. There's plenty of space, sun, and if the recent speculation is correct, hidden water resources on Mars. Giant, fancy greenhouses, cycle the farmers out so muscular atrophy is reduced, and by this point there should be enough advancments in tech that the actual travel isn't prohibitively expensive. Admittedly, this wouldn't be strictly nessesary within the next couple of hundred years, we could get by. but what are we going to do in 200-500 years when our populations keep growing and agriculture can't keep up with it, when we continue poisoning the planet? Expansion is our best bet, in the long term, and we have to try.

Holy shit you must be some kind of fucking genius or something, you have puzzled out someone who isn't a partisan hypocrite. I love you threw it down like it was some kind of trump card. "Hah, this guy is clearly a shill and will never criticise the democrats!"
Yes it would be very wrong for democrats to hold vital national interests hostage. However it has yet to be seen that this would be a vital national interest and not just a vanity project.

Now, how come you were not angry before when McConnell used the strategy of denying legislation and gridlock? See I was angry then because I figured if it was succesful, that's all we'd see from politics, deadlock and shutdowns when neither party had all parts of government and one sides politics being rammed down our throats without consultation to the other side when they had all of them. A situation that debases the republic and damages our body politic.

You made an assertion, the burden of proof is on you.

that's fucking stupid what we really need is a space based radar system for detecting ballistic missiles that can't be canceled like the other 2. also enhance the existent IR detection systems.

Well, I mean it's necessary anyways. We have trillions in infrastrucure orbiting the planet, and that number is only going to grow. Honestly, it's refreshing to think about having some of our money focused towards something with the long term in mind. Most of Our budget gets burned up in social programs, with nothing going towards really benefiting humanity. Who cares about our current political sphere when we all know we don't have any kind of strategy for future growth? For expanding further? That we've been stagnating for decades? Easing the burden of resources and expanding the economy is a fantastic long term move that potentially benefits every country on earth.

>You made an assertion, the burden of proof is on you.

No, you made the assertion that this is an inappropriate time for a Space Force. Prove yourself correct.

What good is a space force if he can't even defend our border down on earth?

>what is a colony drop

>Why is the US Air Force so upset?
They were because the original plan was to take space away from the Air Force, thereby taking lots of money away from them. But now that most military space will be reorganized under the Air Force then they're all for it because it means more money for them (which they'll probably use to fund more fighter planes instead of spaceships through clever accounting).

>Someday the US will expand into space again, possibly in Space Race 2.0 with China
It's already here. It's not like the Cold War, but there is some kind of race/competition for the Moon between China and the US. Instead of flags and footprints though, this one is about establishing infrastructure on/around the Moon (e.g. space stations, Moon bases).

Attached: 5b0328bca3103f68b65c3bd2.jpg (996x1134, 651K)

That wasn't me.

don't expect retards on Jow Forums to understand how the world actually works

>He didn't do anything. He ordered his people to ask Congress for permission and they'll tell him to fuck off.
No they won't. Key opposition has already warmed up to it. There will probably be some changes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the proposal that they send to Congress on the 25th remains largely intact.

Space borne weapons mean didly dick

In the time it's take to deploy a weapon from USS thunderdick Space station, (extremely expensive, absurdly difficult)I and it on target (even more absurdly expensive in terms of tech needed), without being noticed by thirty+ international agencies, from the US, to China, Germany, France, and Russia (actually impossible), your pick of the US, China or Russia could have slung enough ICBMs (that cost a fraction of the space delivered ordinance, and are fifty times more fucking accurate), that the face of the fucking planet would be a glowing mass of radioactive charcoal

The Satellites and other tech that is worth tens, if not hundreds of billions of dollars in the technology they provide, like, for example, GPS, we have up there in space, in conjunction with the fact that there is no doubt that Elon Musk can have Space X strip mining asteroids worth ten times the investment going into Space X, within the next 20 years provided we don't kill ourselves, is the real reason why we need a Space Force

It's got fuck all to do with weapons

It's got everything to do with the technology we have up there that is essential to our way of life and the industries we utilize

just ignore them

>calls nasa a money pit
>we should get rid of it
>we should replace it with nasa but with guns
I should love this idea and probably his only one I agree with but it’s just a fuck ton of money to basically put in the trash

Attached: AC54409E-6732-419D-A2ED-F7F675962B24.jpg (1024x768, 52K)

the reason to create the "space force" is because trump thought it sounded good and would be something his 80 iq followers would eat up, much like his wall that mexico will pay for.

What a waste of time

By the time humanity truly becomes space-faring and we're having battles in space and shit, the US will have long ceased to exist

Nice job voting that retard into office, idiots