NFA Thread

Post and discuss SBR's, Suppressors, and what you have in form 4 jail currently

Attached: pbs-1.jpg (1000x667, 74K)

waiting on this bad boy to come out to put on my truck gun

Attached: 36135740_2066700646698208_8696994425743605760_n.jpg (1080x1080, 1.24M)

Current SBR's I have done/in the works.
The Thompson has been approved,
but I haven't gotten around to getting the barrel replaced yet.
Also will soon have an SBR I've been wanting a long time (a SITES Spectre SBR with factory-folding stock.)
If you can't tell already I really like PCC SBR's.

Attached: PCC's.jpg (4032x2268, 2.58M)

Waiting for my M11/9 transfer to go through.
At least I can shoot it at the store it's being held at.

How did you decide to do your ps90?

>still waiting for my form 4 silencerco octane 45 to get approved
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HOW LONG IS IT SUPPOSED TO TAKE FUCK

Attached: ED4D4983-4583-44AF-BAAD-FD025FD46EEC.jpg (497x666, 119K)

Still waiting on my M16 transfer to finish.

Attached: cuckforms.jpg (2448x3264, 1.88M)

Compliance is treason. Hang yourselves commies.

You’re retarded

U mad

Attached: leM16A2life.jpg (3264x2448, 2.62M)

Have fun when the government takes it back in five years.

k

Considering a BATFE Form 5320.1 “Form 1” and making my own. They're about as a nice lathe. And... you don't even need that for bent metal flanges.

Attached: D6DDDA0A-7A6A-46A2-9B80-C733B6F0ED0A.jpg (960x753, 167K)

Attached: 2BEB3016-3041-4644-AAD7-4EFA3CF85BF9.jpg (4032x3024, 1.43M)

How long does it take for an SBR form to come back now? I heard it's really fast since the web portal.

300meme

Attached: 0318EB48-390E-47D0-9B38-ECA5CB376F8B.jpg (2048x1536, 521K)

cheekweld is non existent

Attached: 709D1080-92D9-48BE-801A-8ADD22BC32A8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.29M)

>SITES Spectre SBR with factory-folding stock
my dick

Attached: 1550083173845.png (496x483, 343K)

I'm debating between a Vityaz clone or one of those AO Thompsons (which itself has Chicago Typewriter vs. M1A1) for my next SBR. How are the AO Thompsons?

Attached: 20190216_125303.jpg (3264x1836, 2.51M)

Bamp

Picked up the obsidian9 a little while back, I really like it, it's real quiet in long config, manageable in short on a pistol.

Attached: 869672.jpg (1183x666, 126K)

Neat, but kind of finicky,
they are supposed to only be used with 230gr. FMJ otherwise they might have feeding problems.
Also USGI mags need to be modified in order to fit.
The recoil spring is also pretty noticeably strong, more so than anything else I own.
There was this website called tommygunner who used to make "EZ-Pull" kits for them to reduce the power of the spring which also helped with making it more reliable.
But apparently the website got shutdown or something.

Attached: fujvjkK.jpg (5184x3456, 3.23M)

Is this PBS worth it? I have around 25 AK's but no can of any type. I am debating

>PBS-1
>Hybrid
>Proprietary B&T can for my TP9

Hybrid is a money pit. Don’t do it.

Explain. I'm considering one since I can just get adapters and endcaps to swap it between guns without having to get a new can for each one.

ok *gets door kicked in*

Yeesh. How is the closed-bolt action? Hopefully better than TNW's conversion job on their KP-31s.

Also, who are you having handle the barrel cutdown? My go-to is ADCO but I think there's a decent chance they'll tell me to fuck off.

>cuckstamps

Yes please explain, I am pretty much thinking like if I do get one.

Also have they made AK74 adapters for the PBS one yet?

I did it myself with a CMMG barrel and classic CMMG flashhider setup.
I could have done it with the thread adapter instead for when/if I get it suppressed,
but I personally prefer the look of the classic flashhider.

Attached: PS90_SBR.jpg (4032x2268, 2.16M)

Pretty solid, but some other people have had issues with firing pins breaking.
I haven't run into that happening yet, but I might get an extra firing pin for it just to have on-hand.
I'm planning on having Philadelphia Ordnance do the barrel swap along with some other things to make it a little more authentic.
I'd like to swap out the grip mount to one with a 1/2" slot so I can replace the furniture with USGI stuff, as well as maybe having it refinished to have a parkerized finish.
Since the blued finish isn't exactly correct.
One other thing is having the rear sight riveted in place, since the rear sight screws have backed out on me already and made it come loose.
Phil-Ord rivets them in place which stops that from being an issues, and is more correct to an original USGI Thompson anyways.
These things definitely require some work to get them right, but when it's all said and done, they are really nice little guns.

I'm waiting for my free SiCo 9mm octane I was supposed to get free from the promotion. They sent out a new email now saying June is the expected date.

Been waiting on the stamp for my M4-2000 since June, shit sucks.

Side note, I am seriously considering getting an M203.

Attached: m5build.jpg (1885x1060, 315K)

That does sound like a bit of a doozy. I think I'll just wait for a Vityaz, especially since KC-USA is starting to ship theirs out to dealers.

Hybrid does lots of things “ok” but for the price of the attachments needed, you could get a dedicated rifle suppressor and a user serviceable pistol suppressor that can be used on rimfire as well.

You shouldn’t shoot rimfire through the hybrid because you can’t clean the baffle stack.

I think that he will have fun when that time comes

For the longest time, you could have threads about poster-owned SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, MGs etc.etc. without a bunch of pissy Threepers/poorfags coming in and calling everything that breathed a cuck or traitor. What has changed in the past few months.

hi

Attached: 1.jpg (1240x698, 386K)

I have an NFA trust with my brother and I as trustees. It is my trust. I haven’t filed anything since 41f passed because my brother lives in another state and doesn’t really care to get fingerprints and passport photos.

Is it possible to easily take him off my trust, and if so, is it possible to add him back later? I want more SBRs and cans lads

Attached: 735EA644-B2A4-4C24-9517-FF74A91AA3EA.jpg (1280x960, 102K)

Lolwhut? I have a hybrid, I fucking love it.

And it's a hell of a lot cheaper to buy adapters for the hybrid than it is to buy multiple cans.

Things I want to SBR: Suomi M31, Colt 609 style build, and I’d like to get another PCC, either a vityaz clone or a ps90

I've got a few things in jail. Serbu Super Shorty, a similar AOW in .410 and the Defiance 20ga AOW that Rock Island auctioned in December. I've also got a Form 1 out on a smoothbore pistol project I'm working on. I was expecting to have that back already but I suspect I got fucked due to the recent shutdown.

Let me tell you from experience that SBRing a KP isn't worth it. Then again if you (somehow) really like it, I guess the reduced filing wait time wouldn't make it too much of a waste.

vityaz all thecway

I like mine. Trigger is absurdy heavy and disassembly is goofy sometimes, but it’s fun to shoot. It’s also weirdly accurate.

Anyways, I plan on having the barrel cut down to about 6” and threaded for a can. Already have a mini shroud ready for it. I think that’ll be good fun. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to get a micro dot onto the shroud since it doesn’t have a front sight. Might have a buddy weld a section of rail to it

Also, did you paint yours or is it still parkerized? I fucking hate the park, and I’m planning on either spending the dough to get it cerakoated in a gun blue finish, or at least spray painting it gloss black. I also need to refinish my stock, it’s really shitty and beat up

Oh well if you're doing something quirky like that yeah, go for that shit. I just swapped out barrels after getting the stamp in. Barely touched it since because of the aforementioned traits of a KP.

I left it in that dogshit park-job TNW gave it. I might actually hate the thing significantly less if I got it a proper blue job, or at least a black cerakote job, but I'm past caring now.

Is it possible to give an actual gun blue on top of parkerizing, or would the park have to be completely removed? Either way, the gun blue cerakoat is probably the easiest way. I just don’t know how expensive it’d be to get it sent off and done

It would be a bitch. The Park has to be compeltely removed since you can only blue bare steel. And since the parkerize leaves a rough finish, the gun will look like shit if it were to be blued without polishing the everloving fuck out of everything first. Blue after parkerize is possible but it either looks like total ass, or it is extremely labor intensive (read: expensive)

Government fuckers just blatantly drag their feet when processing these forms. They probably get a bonus for processing them so slowly.

That is not a lie.
I had a family member who worked for a US Embassy in Europe many years ago. One of their duties was to process passport applications. Apparently that was quite an easy job, but the consul actually instructed my family member to "slow down, don't do so many in a day, otherwise people will get the wrong idea".

There was also a lot of financial shenanigans going on: they had annual budgets, and if they didn't spend all the money then they'd be issued a lower budget the next year. As a result, they always spent every time in the budget (taxpayer money) wether they needed to or not, just so their budget wouldnt' go down next year. That resulted in things like buying all new furniture and carpeting every year or two even though there was nothing wrong with the extant stuff. Guess what happened to the "old" furniture. Yeah, the high-ranking staff took it home.

nice gun, guy

Attached: IMG_20190221_134253.jpg (3264x1836, 1.35M)

This is common standard.
I’m in the Air Force, and at airman leadership school (required before promoting to staff sergeant), there is an entire lesson on spending your entire budget. It’s fucking absurd. Imagine if it was incentivized to not spend your whole budget, or if it was easy to request more money if you could prove it was necessary. Think about how much money wouldn’t be spent

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation

Yeah, that's super frustrating.

I worked at a major state university for about 10 years. One of my jobs was purchasing equipment for the lab I managed. If the equipment was costly (which a lot of it was), then I had to write a justification for why I wanted to buy the specific brand and model that I did. Strangely, cost was specifically disallowed as a reason. In other words, if I wrote something like:
>I want to buy Brand X gas chromatograph because it's the least costly model that meets the needs of our research
...then it would get rejected. Consequently I had to waste tons of time (and taxpayer money) to invent other reasoning to work around that fact. Meanwhile, we had monthly meetings were it was constantly stressed that we were spending too much money and needed to cut spending.

That sort of BS was a major reason why I resigned.

>Willingly getting put on an ATF list
No thanks

that explanation is a load of crap.

which would you rather pay?
$70 for an adapter
or
$500+ for a can plus $200 for another tax stamp plus and another yearlong wait?

Yeah, if you want something that'll be reasonably reliable and won't have to worry about it too much,
the Vityaz is probably the way to go (I've been thinking about picking one up myself.)
But I got the Thompson because I've always had a massive boner for the Thompson and it's variants in general.

I've got a Typewriter chubby myself but after the KP I think I've had my fill of heavy, finicky, open-bolt-turned-closed semiauto subguns. A Vityaz with a T2 dot sounds like an absolute delight right out of the box.

So, a pistol brace, which is essentially a stock and will be used as a stock by everyone who puts it on their "pistol" is not required to pay bullshit taxes but they will make you pay when you ask if you can put a stock on something that would be the same length as the pistol, but because its called a stock and not a brace it categorizes that as a rifle and not a pistol.

Am I getting all that right? What looney tunes world am I living in?

Attached: disgustshibu.jpg (305x301, 10K)

You're already on the list faggot

i herd u leike gunz...

Attached: 1504549510131.png (1636x1491, 3M)

You should do what I did was get everyone on your trust to find a silencershop kiosk and set up an account. They have digital fingerprints you can take and upload pictures to your account. While they charge 40$ for form 1s and an you send them money for the stamp, it makes the new trust rules much easier .

Trump made America great again, that's what changed.

I love when dudes post this, you always know it's a faggot who would never have the stones to actually make one.

Attached: ktard.jpg (1200x630, 152K)

Bumpin

Currently waiting on Form 4's for..
SilencerCo Omega 300 - 268 days pending
SilencerCo Sparrow - 268 days pending
YHM Wraith XL .45 - 262 days pending
SilencerCo Hybrid - 227 days pending
SilencerCo Octane 45 - Freebie from BOGO deal, hasn't arrived at dealer to begin paperwork yet
Also waiting on a SilencerShop efile Form 1 for an 8" 300blk SBR build - Signatures Complete yesterday but check is not cashed yet

Attached: I Hate Money.jpg (1000x2488, 416K)

Only stamp currently in-hand is a Form 1 SBR on this build

Attached: 40S&W SBR 1.jpg (3465x1835, 1.31M)

280 days and counting on two form 4s. Could be anyday now, i follow the nfa subreddit and dates around mine are getting stamps already. Yes, reddit sucks dick but they update it a few times daily so its nice to get real time info, even if it is anecdotal

Good luck with thag free can. Theres a thread in arfcom about it, apparently sico fucked up big time by overpromising and under delivering. It also seems they completely stopped production during the gov shutdown, noone really knows why. They sent out an email saying all supressors should be sent out by this summer but id wager big money thats unlikely. I think they just pulled a date out of their ass so placate customers. In anycase it sounds like a cluster fuck

Stupid question here

Could I use an octane 45 on subguns like an scorpion, or vector, etc, and on regular 9mm/40/45 handguns? The reason I ask is cause silencorco sells a model specifically for subguns (omega 9SD) is the only difference the full auto rating

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on forums and social media for updates on the deal. I can't be too upset because it is a free $750 suppressor, but they did totally drop the ball on the promise of shipping them 'within 4 months' at the beginning. The one thing that really does grind my gears on the whole deal is I swear reading somewhere very early on that they would be shipping the free suppressors in the order that the orders were placed. That is absolutely false as I ordered my Hybrid at 12:45 a.m. on June 15th, the first day of the deal. They have allegedly shipped several thousand of the free ones and since then have stated that they are instead shipping large batches to the major retail outlets like Capitol Armory first instead of individual shipments to the little guys.

I certainly don't see a problem with doing that. The Octane uses a normal nielsen device for mounting so you can insert the piston with the correct threads for each gun. The only thing that you would have to do is make sure you are using a spring on the piston when shooting handguns and a fixed barrel spacer on guns with a barrel that does not move while the bolt is cycling.

>my gun

Attached: 1286147934200.jpg (208x199, 24K)

I’ve done a form 4 on a 22 can in the past. And I plan to get a pistol and rifle suppressor in the future. That’s all Straight forward. However I am very unclear on another situation tho. If I want to do a break action sxs SBS, where do I start after getting the gun in its long barrel form?

That sucks, you definitely should have gotten your can already. I was very tempted with that promo, the can i wanted, the osprey, wasnt enough for the free pistol can and i didnt want the rimfire can.

It’s not a load of crap. It was a very reasonable explanation. There is no best for everyone, it’s all subjective. Instead of having a “do all” can that isn’t great at anything, instead have 2 more specialized cans that cover the same needs and preform better in their specialty. No need to get butthurt.

I’ve tried, but my brother just doesn’t really care. Busy with his job and kid and etc. hasn’t shot his AR in like two years

if only there were an easier way

Attached: 48469550_618996501890992_8063206116420485120_n.gif (900x900, 1.23M)

this is Disney's world now.
You're just living in it.

Attached: ThePartyof(((Palistine))).png (1440x899, 653K)

>Also have they made AK74 adapters for the PBS one yet?
It's direct thread.

A coathanger'd M16 clone.

I need a can for my urban grey SP-01...

How is this thing? Seems incredible on paper but I keep reading that it spits back at you like a mf compared to an hk or a sig. Also general suggestions on 9mm suppressor hosts?

Attached: 18AA35C1-79F7-4635-B815-F2B2B0AA6917.png (620x710, 41K)

Supposedly wait times are projected to sit at 12-15 months. I told my FFL to just go ahead and put the octane they were holding for me back under the counter lmao.

How do I PPSH

A time machine, they had those available (in lonboig barrel form of course) about 7 years ago alongside similar PPS43 and KP-31 offerings. The relatively limited parts kits that they were built off of quickly dried up and that was that. I had all three available to me when I was shopping around for a neat WWII sub-gun, and being the retard that I am, I opted for the KP-31 instead of the PPSH. I'm still pissed off about that.

Attached: IMG_27871_zps8643e560.jpg (1024x768, 182K)

Thats longer than its been but at the same time, the sooner your paperwork gets submitted, the sooner you get your can. The fact is, that time period will still come and go regardless of whether or not you bought a can, so you might as well get it now.

I'm honestly just going to sit on my ass until a Form 4 e-file becomes a thing, even though that'll likely be about as far off as me getting a can out of jail if I filed today. I am -really- feeling the thirst for a Surefire SOCOM on my SBR tho...

>buy M16 for $30k
>take off lower
>put in carbine buffer and collapsible stock
>stick on BCM/noveske/DD/Aero SBR upper with new production FA BCG

Any reason this wouldn’t work?

That's exactly what everyone does, dude.

How hard was it to diy?

Honestly, depending on which one you were looking at, the KP-31 was probably the better choice.
The craftsmanship on this thing is pretty shoddy, (each part of the FCG looks like it was poorly done with a hand-file.)
I guess it's not that far off from an original PPSh-41, but still.
Although the Wiselite and TNW PPSh builds seem to be okay,
but the extended shroud kind of ruins the appeal for me since I wanted one where I could just swap out the 16" barrel for a 10.6" barrel and be done with it.
The Inter-ordnance, Blue Ridge, and A.A. Arms builds were the only ones I know of that had the longboi barrels.

Attached: SR-41.jpg (4032x2268, 2.72M)

I'd still want it over the TNW KP jobs, they look cooler and I think it's hard to overstate just how much of a nigger-rig they did with the bolt to make it work as a closed-bolt (then again, maybe the PPSHs had a something similar).

I had a 1/29 submission come back on 2/14

I thought about getting a suppressor but then I saw the prices so I decided to make them def if they arn't dead yet.

Mine took three weeks and one of those weeks was just the fingerprints getting fucked in-transit by a snowstorm.

Attached: WP_20190205_007.jpg (1400x2300, 846K)

All thanks to ATF fuckery, my Draco SBR sat in no mans land since October. It was finally reaccepted by the ATF this Tuesday. We’ll see how long it takes these fuckers to approve my silencershop efile

Attached: E1664233-B758-4D37-A04B-9A0248B0AEB0.jpg (1125x1473, 2M)