Bolt action rifles

If I can get this for less than $1000 in .308 would it be worth it?

Also post your beautiful bolt

Attached: 93DD4436-254A-4D09-AAA5-0C73565CCC18.png (747x747, 95K)

I own this rifle.
so yes

I wouldn't, I would rather go with a savage or massaged 700 action and custom barrel, but only cause im not a fan of magazines. I like single shot sleds.

No. Get the bergara hmr-14 for less than 1k... They are way better.

Dubs of actual truth

Yes. But even if you can, remember that you are going so spend at least $400 on a scope and rings, and at least $100 on a bipod. Don't forget rear support and a range bag. Oh, and you are probably going to get into reloading at some point if you aren't gay, which adds another $1000 or so in reloading equipment and components. Add a chrono and other assorted stuff. Oh, and range fees at a real range (not indoor). Welcome to the black hole of long range, precision shooting.

Precision shooting =/= long range. Some of us weirdos enjoy 100 yard group chasing, kek. But long distance shooting definitely requires precise shooting.

This is a retarded way of thinking

not OP but are there any bolt guns that fit the G3 magazine? it seems like it'd be a hell of a selling point, given how cheap and ubiquitous they are.

Attached: g3mag.jpg (480x480, 12K)

Ofc. britbongs have straight pull g3s

I want my damned Lithgow Woomera. Fucking WHEN

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 214K)

Attached: costanzasailor.jpg (285x279, 13K)

Why does that look exactly like a Howa in a TRG stock

It's a mildly accurized LA102 action in a KRG stock

Idk the price or a ruger but here un yurop tikka, bergara, weatherby and remmies are prefered over this in the 1k/1,5k€ range.
personnaly i prefer ole milsurp over this (K98, M96, fr8 and MkV Jungle flameball launcher)

Oh and don't cheap out on the glass Op, it will bite you in the ass on the long run.
If you don't want to reload buy one box of each load you can find then buy the best one in bulk

my top 3 308 ammo would be
1 sako 168gr sniper ammo milsurp
2 Norma tac 308 150gr
3 GGG lithuanian 168 & 175gr HPBT

Any recommendations for optics?

Based bergara poster

Attached: received_2042224422457764.jpg (2688x1427, 529K)

See I quite like the magazines that one of the reasons I’m going for it but I do appreciate your advice.

Not to be an ass but in what way? Mostly just curiosity.

Oh I know I’m gonna grab a Harris for it a Leupold 6.5-20x50 VX-3i LRP 30mm Riflescope and some other associated equipment. I’m going to save my brass but I’m not going to reload just yet, maybe I’ll look at learning how to do it well first.

For your price point, I'd go with Tikka.

Attached: IMG_20180902_174350.jpg (4032x932, 967K)

ohai
Yes I know I should get a better scope

Attached: 20181223_130020.jpg (1040x401, 95K)

This may be a bit of a rookie question but what effects does a suppressor on your long gun do when it comes to long range precision shooting?

On the one hand in my head it’ll extend the barrel allowing for a longer burn time meaning possibly higher velocity.

On the other hand it may mess with the harmonics or the flight in the way some flash hiders do on weapons.

From what I've read it adds like 1-3 fps and dampens the recoil a little. No effect on accuracy other than adjusting your point of impact.

Ive shot them before, a good bit
They are pretty good and give you a good start out of the box
Proof is also making barrels for them now so you have an upgrade path for the thing.

problem with long 20-rounders is that they start to disrupt the use of monopods and bipods due to their length.

Figured this is the best place to ask. What are your guys recommended binoculars?

Steiner military binos

>binoculars
Surely you mean spotting scope

Attached: 1544525934037.jpg (516x541, 59K)