What would you like to know

Ask me anything

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 13K)

What is the root cause of the opoid and homeless problem you guys are having? More importantly when will you be able to pump your own gas?

I'm not quite sure on both points previous to being an organ Jow Forumsommando I was a Wisconsin

>root cause of the opoid and homeless problem you guys are having?
Not OP. Just moved here and this shit isn't contained to Oregon.
This place is more depressing than the eternal darkness of Alaska. How is this possible?

Why do you have a 55mph state wide speed limit? I just want to get to WA.

The summers are fucking awesome tho

Thats fair i guess. How do you like it in general? Ive been stuck in WA for the last 5 years. The state was a lot better when i moved here. Property was overpriced but still reasonable and gun laws were great. Sadly both have changed for the worse.
Well yeah i know its sadly reaching nationwide. The gas thing is soley OR though.

Because of the Ash and the dead looking trees I'm assuming

Well their moderate long as you responsible. I've been here for about a couple years or so it's all right so far.

Fuck your trip then you larping faggot some of us grew up here it's immigrant trash like you that's ruining this state and making the rent assfuck high this state used to be based until you out of state fuckers came in and trashed it GET OUT

I think it has to do with the matter of Terrain

Attached: 1550618798025.jpg (520x514, 42K)

You fuckin faggot the speed limit is 70 save for I5 which is 65. It's just state highways that are 55 for fuel efficiency now go neck yourself

Nah it's the landscape. The trees are huge compared to the pencil thin spruce in Alaska. But the forests feel....dead. even when I hear birds or see deer it just feels empty. Probably because I'm not worried about things that could kill me lurking just beyond the treeline.
Deer are weird too. I feel like I could just pick up these large dogs and tie them down in the back of my truck without much fuss.
I'm not trying to aggrandize alaska. The winter misery is fucking real and the universities suck which is why I'm here finishing my degree with family.
It's just very strange to me still and I don't know what to make of it yet.

Jow Forums a magical place
Ghost Rider Flame or somewhere else I'll even give you a flamethrower

Alaskan summers sadly are short and for tourists. If you live in Alaska you fucking WORK in the summer because everything slows down in the winter. So you end up working your summers away and eternally enduring the darkness and boredom of winter when it's literally too cold for humans too exist outside.

You make it sound like a bad Vietnam movie

Unbased alaskan schizo. Im not even from there but drive west to the coast. That shit is most beautiful thing rain or shine.

Tomorrow I might go out in the woods who knows I might finish up with a stalker story to tell

Signing off I got Farm chores to perform

You can't see very far in Alaskan spruce forests the trees are scarcely a foot's breadth apart. And giant moose have legs similar in thickness to a spruce and the badhabit of standing completely motionless in the forest until you get near them. Then they start moving. Luckily moose don't chase you when you run. But if you bump into a moose they will attack you and unlike you they can plow over the spruce trees while they run you down and then stomp you to death.
Of course mother sow moose with their baby have a wider defensive perimeter and are Very aggressive if you are any where near their young.
Which is hard to know because the forest is thick.
Unlike deer, it seems, moose are not at all scared of you either.
And then there's bear and wolf.

>schizo
If you aren't harboring a mental illness are you really alive?

Last time I was in Oregon, I had trouble telling the men from the women, since they all wore flannel shirts, jeans, and boots, and had ratty mops of uncombed hair. I did finally figure it out, the women's beards weren't quite as heavy as the men's beards.

>ratty mops

Oh god those shits are grimy

I didn't even catch that schizo was in reference to when I said
> Probably because I'm not worried about things that could kill me lurking just beyond the treeline.
That's not a delusion. Certain places in Alaska are just dangerous with no help for hundreds of miles. The paranoia is strong but that doesn't mean it isn't reasonable

Wall Street banks bought out county government council elections and are now using homeless addicts as a weapon to depress home values, scoop them up at a discount, then turn around and flip them for a profit to Californians fleeing wildfires and Mexicans.

Hello fellow Oregonians. From Jo Co, left the state in 2016 but come back once or twice a year to visit family. I'm honestly about to jump ship and change my residency soon.
>This place is more depressing than the eternal darkness of Alaska. How is this possible?
You're not the only one. Only time I was happy was when I went /out/. Living there made me more depressed than I thought it did. Think it has to do with there being nothing to do besides explore the wilderness. Not a fan of the people either. Noticed the more Californians moved in the worse the homeless/drug problem got, and the less sense of community there was.
I'd like to live in Alaska though.

>hippies

Nah, this poster is right , I've lived here all my life and I've seen our culture degraded, constant traffic and congestion everywhere, more than doubling rent costs. Immigrants are ruining this state. You might live in Oregon but that doesn't mean you're an Oregonian.

>i'd like to live in Alaska though.
It's not what you think, assuming you think like alot of people who've seen reality shows.
The /out/ life is severely truncated in the winter. Even if you ski/snowboard or snowmachine (note: you will get undue hate if you say snowmobile in Alaska) you are not doing that when it's -50° in fact just getting to work in that some other shit. Also the only settlements with access to regular amenities can get down to -50° (-70° in fuckbanks) albeit I haven't seen temps like that in awhile. -20° to -30° though. The dark fucks with you. If you think it doesn't you need to pay closer attention. Confined to a house with other people and scarcely seeing daylight leads to shining-like thoughts. And you'll realize for maybe months in the winter you were super miserable and angry to a ridiculous degree over infinitesimal issues. And if you live alone in that environment temporary paychosis crops up. The secret is forcing yourself to get out and do something in the depths of winter, it eases your SAD. Alot of people become shut ins because the amount of prepping to just go to work is ridiculous. It also costs money to live here the right way. To not live in a hellscape you want a vehicle with a block heater, 4x4, remote start keyfob, a vehicle with high ground clearance since you can get 18 inches in a night and the plow trucks arent omnipotent, and STUDDED tires. Just Winter tires are going to make for too many "I wonder if I'll live through this" moments.

Damn looks like Alaska had your number. Also, invest in one of those Vitamin D lamps or whatever that mimics sunlight if you are gonna get cooped up for too long.

How does your wife’s boyfriends cum taste?

Fag go back

Thinking of moving up there from Nevada after I finish Uni. Would it be an improvement or lateral as far as compared to Nevada. And I'm not from Vegas or Cali

>immigrants from Wisconsin are the immigrants raising your rent
Lol

>implying it was just me.
You'll notice SAD in people around you too and their personality changes as summer approaches. I had a daylight lamp, you get vitamin D which boosts your mood a little but its not a replacement for the sun and being able to spend significant time outside.

Depends what part of the state you're moving to.

>More importantly when will you be able to pump your own gas?
never, we aren't peasants

Am dumb, gotta explore OR more then

>the homeless problem
I’m a boomer that lived in the Portland area (Sherwood) from ‘74 after I got out of the Navy til the early 00’s. Oregon, the west coast in general, or any other city/area afflicted by the homeless usually all have the same root issue; there’s nothing stopping the homeless from doing as they please. If you aren’t actively working to keep them away they’ll fucking flourish. If you don’t have laws to prevent vagrancy they’ll take hold. If you don’t have cops harassing them over drugs/warrants/etc. they’ll take hold. The homeless by nature will live wherever you allow them to. If their camps are constantly getting fucked over, they’ll leave the area. If they can’t shoot up in peace they’ll fuck off somewhere else.

I shit you not it used to be a bar pastime to go out and fuck over the homeless in blue collar Portland neighborhoods. The minute people got all emotional and butthurt over the homeless being run off because “they’re human beings, the have rights” is when the homeless won. Yeah, and I have a right to live in a city free of wanton litter and drug paraphernalia strewn about everywhere. I have a right to walk down the sidewalk and not have to swerve around human excrement. People don’t want to live in a city filled to the fucking brim with homeless, but they don’t want to do the nevessary work to rid the city of the homeless.

I have never understood why people care so much about the gas thing.

>Californians fleeing wildfires and Mexicans.
I wish with all my heart and soul that someday Californians will realize that they themselves are the problem and they should just enjoy the weather in their containment zone as they slide into hell.

Fuck what a great hobby

>you're the problem lel
>idk what happens to other people
...And your rights are gone
Remember folks it's not when they are comming for you that you need be worried

Attached: image.jpg (640x640, 150K)

Are you preparing?

Attached: oregon.png (673x180, 15K)

One of these things are not like the other.

Eyyy, I did the same, what part of Wisconsin are you from?

why are portland girls so pale, flabby, and angry

this user gets it

What parts are better than others?

Depends what you're into. Portland has bars, restaurants, live music, etc. Bend is outdoorsy and rich. Eugene is real laid back and hippie.

I live in Portland and I really like it. All the amenities and I can always drive an hour in any direction if I want to go innawoods.

Real OreGUNian here. Every problem that we have can be blamed on liberals, especially Californians

Liberalism

Because fuck the goverment telling me what i can and cant do. Its a real simple easy thing but i think its a major issue philosophically.

Based
From the PNW and moved to SF for a year, fucked right off because of this. It's a future vision of what is to come and it makes me sad. The PNW from my childhood is gone never to return

Because when you literally HAVE to let them pump your gas a simple sub 5 minute thing like filling your tank can take 20+ minutes at peak hours if you live in the city. Because they pay 1, maybe 2 faggots minimum wage to do fuck nothing with their lives. So they have 0 sense of urgency. If you touch the handle they'll sperg out about "DA LAW" at you even though most people have been pumping gas since their high school drop out faggot ass was alive. Shits fucking obnoxious and like the other user says speaks volumes to the cucked mentality that the area has

The rich ass county I lived in while I was going to school in Florida would round up the bums and drive them over the county line and just drop off them off in the woods and shit and leave them kek.

Good. I was leaning towards Portland from when I was staying there for a little while

Why can't yall deport all Californians and contain Lane & Multnomah counties?

Not the main ones, but immigrants raise rent and destroy culture period.

Kate Brown. I'm not even memeing, since she took office (she wasn't voted in btw) our education has dropped, unemployment rose, homelessness rose, drug use rose, and everything has been slipping more and more into disrepair.

Then to add insult to injury she works very hard every year to raise taxes, and places toll roads while having quite literally nothing to show for it.

Because of this Portland, Salem, and Eugene love her. Everyone else in this state would like her hung from a lamp, yet we can't out vote her imported immigrants and califags.

Attached: 20190221_193108-1205x817.jpg (1205x817, 163K)

>fuck helping the homeless we should go back to the good ol days and kick them out or imprison them

You are part of the problem.

Attached: 1422688630863.jpg (257x210, 23K)

her recent election was painful inside

>implying 90% aren't mentally unstable people who need to be kept in an asylum.
>implying 9% aren't addicts with no intrest in sobering up
>implying more than 1% are actually homeless

>99% of homelessness isn't by choice.

It was beyond depressing, and set the tone for how shit this next few years will be. Wish one of her heroin riddled pals would shank her for her wallet already.

Ever been to Sisters? Is it a good town?

Eh. It's ok. Small town. Really pretty area though.

Southern ORfag here,
Where do you live OP?

Attached: Umpqua River OR.jpg (1920x1080, 808K)

tourist town consisting of mostly farmers and wealthy retirees. Gateway to some awesome /out/ stuff.

Attached: Three Sisters OR.jpg (2048x1366, 501K)

How active is the Constitutional Sheriff's Association up there? I'm looking for a few acres around Klamath Falls and I don't want to get shot by big city cops for owning the wrong kind of bang stick.

Trust me, law enforcement aren't worried about white guys with guns down there they're too preoccupied with mexicans and tweakers.

Attached: 400px-Oregon_Presidential_Election_Results_2016.svg[1].png (400x303, 32K)

Not everyone in those Cities love her. Eugene fag here, and I would like to see her swing. Don't lose too much hope, she only won by 5%. Another term under her will push more away. Now if we could clear out DeFazio and the others.

Attached: Oregon2.png (1998x1362, 181K)

Born in Salem raised in Portland. After spending five years in LA for work (didn't have many choices the recession was still affecting my industry) Im not fucking leaving ever again.

The homeless were always part of the downtime scene: but it's really exploded in the last ten years. It must be the lifting of the camping ban. And to be honest I don't give a shit if people camp, but the littering in plain sight with no consequences pisses me off to no end.

There's no big city cops in that part of the state because there's no big city. And I'd be more concerned about methheads.

Did that stupid ammo restriction assembly bill ever pass?

No. And it never will. Even our most liberal of legislators knows it's ridiculous.

Fuck off queer you think you can answer things about oregon when aren't even a native?
Gun safety classes in school would actually be cool as long as it's not a lecture on how guns are evil

>as long as it's not a lecture on how guns are evil
This is Oregon, what do you think they'll teach in those classes? Scary black assault guns that kill poor minorities and rape women. We're fucked if any of those bills pass.

Attached: USS Oregon.jpg (565x352, 262K)

>Ask me about my state
>I don't know, I think, I assume
Get out

At least in Portland it's due to two thing: cheap easy to acquire drugs, and cops not enforcing the law.

A large percentage of them are simply not from here. View it like any supply and demand issue, you're going to move somewhere the drugs are cheap and plentiful if you're spending the majority of your money on it. The I-5 corridor has been a major drug route for decades.

As for enforcement, it's due to City Hall tying the hands of law enforcement out of fear of lawsuits, having City Counsel meetings stalled by activists, and feel good laws passed to protect homeless. Homelessness is not as big an issue once you get into neighboring counties. The previous mayor, Charlie Hales, set the precedent that cops won't mess with the homeless by telling the Chief of Police to let petty crime slide and legalizing camping pretty much anywhere. Worse yet, the Oregon Supreme Court struck down a Portland sit-lie law, so you can't make homeless move simply for setting up camp. Though it's getting better, cops won't show up unless the crime is violent and in progress. Wheeler inherited a mess, but he's not much better. People are pissed though and it shows since there hasn't been a two term mayor for 15 years. Wheeler already says he isn't running again since he wants to be Governor.

When it comes to rural drug problems, it's a lot of the same story you see around the country, only with Oregon, it's due to the loss of natural resource jobs rather than manufacturing. This has been going on since the 70's though.

The gas law is was essentially a jobs creation bill from the 80s. It's not going anywhere since no in office wants to own killing thousands of jobs.

SB 501 died in committee. There are still a dozen other bills to contend with. You can follow them on Oregon's Legislative website OLIS, and set up email alerts when they move.

Rogue > Umpqua

Attached: 20180710_201525_HDRcrop.jpg (4160x2687, 2.26M)

Unironically jews

Jews use schizo now

Attached: 1519475583898.jpg (2848x1685, 3.7M)

I hope to see Rob Wagner, and Andrea Salinas forced out of office to. Any political so shit they propose a law literally written by children should not be in any public office. They're not even fit to drive a trimet buss.