Why do so few people have high quality optics and suppressors when it is much more useful than a 3rd or 4th gun in SHTF?

Why do so few people have high quality optics and suppressors when it is much more useful than a 3rd or 4th gun in SHTF?

Is it because of poverty?

Attached: A452F892-99AF-46D8-9189-110E68977BBE.jpg (1080x720, 65K)

>Is it because of poverty?
Yes

Because having multiple guns to play with is more fun than spending money on pretend escapist fantasies.

Because in my situation spending more than $1500 on a scope makes extremely little sense. You can't see much past 300 yard sight lines anywhere within 200 miles of here and the usefulness of any sort of DMR is extremely limited. That money would be unironically far better invested in a nice rifle.

Why would you even want to live when SHTF?

Cool guns will be banned long before optics. Optics are also always getting better, while firearms have been more or less the same for the past 50 years.

because you cant appreciate the difference between good and shit optics without buying the expensive one. Also most people who buy shit like vortex are usually totally satisfied with their purchase and don't see any reason to drop over a thousand dollars on a gucci scope.

>why doesn't everyone want to larp with a 2lb scope they could drive nails with, dont that know that a normal scope will desentigrate the second the wifi goes out

Gee i wonder

Attached: 1550587282602m.jpg (1024x993, 129K)

Ive used trijis nightforces and primary arms, tons of shit inbetween.

I use the primary arms on my 400 ar as my go too, why am i going to take my1500 rifle with a 1000 optic in the field and have be beat around, dropped and devalued when the budget shit puts rounds where i want them with the same reliability

To me, it's a lot more fun to play with and know that I own a few really nice rifles rather than a bunch of okay rifles.

Why don't more of you spend money on making sure you have water, food, gas, and other supplies for several days, making sure you have communication redundancies, establishing plants of contact, and knowing evacuation and egress routes than fantasizing about shooting people during SHTF?

The actual likelihood of you having to fire your firearm in self defense or defense of your property during a disaster scenario is slim-to-none.

You can still spend money to buy high quality optics that are intended for shorter distances. Get an Aimpoint T2, a Trijicon TA-44, etc.

My range only goes out to 100 yds.
Buying a $1200 optic isn't fun. Buying a 27th gun is fun

>Why don't more of you spend money on making sure you have water, food, gas, and other supplies for several days, making sure you have communication redundancies, establishing plants of contact, and knowing evacuation and egress routes

because that's boring and autistic. why put all that effort into an event that most likely wont happen?

are you only motivated by survival or do you just like the concept of surviving in a world where your peers wont?

This. That being said, i still buy decent stuff for my rifles, nothing Gucci tho. Most expensive optic i have is a Vortex Viper 1-4, but I feel more concerned with hoarding big bad scary rifles for political reasons.

Are you new here?

Pretty sure I speak for most people here when I say that one of the few things which keeps me going is the hope of SHTF. Fuck, dude, I'm getting way too excited just thinking about how free we'd all be if society collapsed.

I'd imagine what I want out of SHTF is what some people get out of living in the woods out in Alaska, except SHTF is a bit more Jow Forums because there'd actually be other people so your guns would be useful for more than just hunting.

>its autistic to have a couple extra days of food and google maps
>its not autistic to buy a $4500.00 rifle system for the apocalypse

Really makes you think

If you cant reach climax just thinking about doing team movements in full kit in the wasteland, no touchi, then you are NOT prepared

What are you talking about? I'm advocating you spend your time and money on preparing for realistic scenarios such as natural disaster and loss of utilities/infrastructure rather than some fantasy world SHTF where you need high quality optics and suppressors to survive.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with nice things for your guns. That said, it's low on the totem pole for things you should invest in for disaster survival. Because it seems like you're the one fixated on surviving in a world where your peers don't with your dumb WROL fantasy.

I'd agree that firearms designs have reached a plateau whereas optics have not, but I think we have gotten to the point in optics designs where future increases will be marginal rather than fundamental in nature. IE, I think unlike the fact that current optics are miles ahead of what existed 20-30 years ago, the newest optics 20-30 years from now will be only slightly improved versions of what already exists.

I mean really, how is something like a RDS suppose to get better? An even longer battery life?

Adversity is fun. The reason why depression and anxiety are so common is that life is simply too easy. That's why artificially-induced adversity like exercise is such an effective counter for it.

RMRs that don't go to shit in the rain would be nice.

Attached: 20130801-RMR1.jpg (612x612, 106K)

Have you ever bought a $1200 optic though? I splurged on an ACOG and oh boy is that thing fun as hell despite not actually being a gun itself. It made me love my AR way more than I already did. I've found that putting high-dollar, great-quality accessories onto my rifles is a new type of fun similar to but unique compared to buying a new gun.

Give it a try; you owe it to yourself to own at least one really high quality optic.

Also something like the DEVO but a little more...something else in it's design.

Attached: devoview.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

No way, look how fast thermal is expanding, its almost exponential at this point.

Any of you larpers makeing your pipi stiff about how sweet your nightforce is, if you dont have a full night vision kit, slap yourselves. The marginal increase between a 2500 nightforce scope and a trash bin primary arms is nothing compared to stumbling around in the dark vs running full thermal pvs14 blended system with IR sighting

>RMRs that don't go to shit in the rain would be nice.

That's a very, very, very important improvement that absolutely needs to happen, don't get me wrong, but it isn't some fundamental difference in design.

>look how fast thermal is expanding, its almost exponential at this point.

I'm going to admit that I don't have anything thermal yet, but it's exactly because of this. Anything I buy thermal right now is going to be outdated in 10 years anyways. Take everything I said but add "with an exception to thermal" because you're absolutely right about that.

gucci gang

Attached: 20181014 163427.jpg (1440x1080, 606K)

>The reason why depression and anxiety are so common is that life is simply too easy
Do you have any peer-reviewed journals to back these claims up?

Based and sightpilled

>still wish I had a NF atacr

Attached: IMG_2431-768x576.jpg (768x576, 55K)

Wish to fuck Leupold hadn't tried to ream the market with what was on release a $2400+ setup. Its absolutely fucking beautiful based on my range day with it and Im ditching my TA31 for it now that it's reasonable at $1600ish. Had Leupold not shit the bed we would've had a half a copycats. Now all we have is variable shit.

you tried any of the 200 Chinese clones?

Why does OP talk down on people when he doesnt even own a sungle gun?

Aimpoint ACRO probably would fit the bill for a rmr that functions in the rain

>chink devo clone
Show me. Doubt it'll be useable ad the obj is tiny so shit glass would get absolutely btfo on anything but a nice sunny range day but for 200 im intrigued.

I have a family of 4 that each require a long gun and a sidearm, plus bonus guns for friends/trade. Even if I went full hi-point mode that is approximately $1500.

Basically, you are a retard to waste money on a Gucci scope or a can if you don’t have your squad squared away.

Cheapfag here:

Because in practicality, you can get 95% of the functionality and practicality for a fraction of the price when it comes to optics, at least speaking generally. Does a trijicon ACOG have a clearer picture, better eye relief, hold a zero better, etc than a $150 Nikon p-223 3x? I'm sure it does. But in reality, both optics will be quite usable, and very near each other in overall performance.

For red dots, much the same. Does an (insert gucci red dot/holographic) have a better and crisper sight picture and hold zero better than a $120 Sig RDS? I'm sure it will. But in practicality, you're spending hundreds or thousands to get marginal improvements.

Personally, I don't have the shooting skills to justify spending a butt ton of money on glass. If I was exceptionally good and my poverty optics were limiting me from getting better, then maybe it might be time to upgrade.
>inb4 poorfag

>im a faggot that can't engage in logical discourse without arbitrarily calling for data so I dont have to apply any logical thought

Ftfy you pathetic fuck

Do you have any peer review papers to explain why you must gobble at least 1 cock a day?

I mostly buy primary arms because it does do what I want without costing the price of another gun, though that's not to say I don't have any good optics. I have a primary arms ,1-8 platinum on my MDR and an ACOG on my Scar17. I just don't see a reason to put a 500+ dollar optic on every one of my guns.

>squad
more like liabilities if they're relying on you for everything including arming them

>user don't even even see his family members as liabilities
>user don't even have 2500 scope for the best optical clarity when engaging targets from 1000 to 2500 yard with his gucci .338 lap
>user don't even jerk to his preferred collapse fantasy

Jow Forums really has entered into the post ironic age, hasnt it?

This.
>woyman are just as capable as men just just vidya!
>children are practically adults these days. Im glad my wifes children are forming their own values different than mine!
Cancer. Everyone Id be willing to give a gun to already has one. Only thing I could offer would be nods and extra IR but Id only do that once they did some drills with an airsoft or gbb to get used to it. Assuming livefire is too risky of course. Women are a burden as previously stated and are best left to other tasks. Kind of shitty that most friends wives wouldnt even be able to cook properly though

Not just thermal, but ranging and computerized BDC, POA gyro stabilization, round/part life maintenance interval counting, guided bullets, there's still lots of space where electronics and computerization still have yet to be fully and properly (ruggedly) applied to firearms.

the fact that your pimping that poverty day vision scope as impressive is simply sad

Attached: REALBOIOPTIC.jpg (1599x1063, 131K)

Just go deep innawoods and hunt some bear or something. Or become a cereal killer. SHTF is not going to happen unless you make it happen.

Theres less than a 10% difference between a $200 scope and a $2000 scope. I doubt youd even be able to find that difference if you tried.

LOL fucking poorfag cope, keep telling yourself that

Honestly, that's where academia fucking fails.

Nobody who studies psychology e v e r puts their conjecture into practice.

$200 and $2000 are a bit generous, but yeah. I find around $1000 is a pretty good sweet spot for optics right now where you get good enough glass and optical design that it doesn't look like a soda straw or fishbowl, but you're only missing advanced features and there isn't a major difference in usability or clarity.

Going over that and we're mostly talking FFP or DFP with advanced illumination, giant mag ratios, niceties like replaceable turrets, better designed zero stop adjustment, etc. but not really much better raw FOV or clarity.

Unless we're talking about electroptics of any sort. Then yeah, poorfags BTFO.

that percentage figure he used was arbitrary and incorrect, after having shot both a pa10 with a psa scope and a scar 17 with a night force side by side (both family guns) i actual saw very little practical accuracy difference for my A/O of 0-300 yards. (same score on NRA steel silhouettes on both platforms after zeroing)

I'm a south east woodlands user so we don't get very many long range shots. for me personally though after those range trips id say its exactly 0% better for hitting a target and 100% better for looking cool

>$15000

Fucking hell all you need is this plus the eokek quad nod and you are a walking mortgage in mississipi

Im in Tx and my mortgage was only 48k so really youd only need the GPNVGs kek.

>$1500 gun
>$1500 tube with glass on both ends
>$1500 glorified oil filter
Yeah I wonder what the average Joe who shoots shit down at the local range every other weekend would pick.

Attached: EB5E9646-09DA-47EC-B9AD-FCC001928527.jpg (480x270, 32K)

Wow thanks for the insight. If only there was a dollar amount that those fall under that's listed in the post your responding to..

Where in TX, and are there any tech jobs in the area?
My mortgage is... more than that.

I bet Ur from Austin

Because having multiple friends with guns beats your "Gucci" gear.

>are there any tech jobs in your trailer park gas station town in the deserts of west texas

yeah right next to the bunny ranch and the public IPA fountains, yuppie

>not a poorfag
>have friends that aren't poorfags
>have money for gucci gear
>have money for more ammo
>have money for training

more poverty cope, sad!

Optic is a valid point, but suppressors are expensive only because of the tax and legal hurdles (economy of scale since the demand isn't quite as high). A basic suppressor is piss easy to make (note I said basic), so if shtf anyone near a hardware store/muffler shop with a monicum of sense can have a suppressor ready to go in a few hours.

>tech jobs
No thats why I moved here. No one wants to live near some queer. You have to be self employed, have a cdl, have ranch skills, or know how to weld to live where I do. Theres also no rentals here making it a no go for cuck like yourself.

>Just go deep innawoods and hunt some bear or something. Or become a cereal killer. SHTF is not going to happen unless you make it happen.

A bear serial killer. Way more badass.

Also killing people is rude

If a true shtf scenario happened, I honestly wouldn't give a shit about life anymore.
So I don't really prep for one.

My theory is that these guys are losers irl, and they think if an apocalyptic scenario came about, they would suddenly not be losers anymore cuz they"ve "prepped" for the end of the world.
Just ignore the fact they can't run a mile.

if you dont have at least this poor mans kit you might as well not prepping and buy 500 tracking funds, your all in on the system and hoping to god it dont go down.

Attached: basicminimumshtf.jpg (900x900, 181K)

Nah, they're too lazy and out of shape to actually do it.
They like the IDEA of shtf, not it actually happening.

I live in hill country near multi million dollar ranches actually. Owning a home in these small towns is comically cheap if you can get away from a fetish for interacting with niggers and having "things to do" aka getting piss drunk like some college faggot into your 40s to hide your misery and lack of personality.

Also have to deal with boomers. I think theres maybe 40 or 50 people my age in town. 99% don't use faceberg so you have to go to church to get involved with anyone.

Perfect basically

I've read your post 3 times, and I'm still not sure exactly what the fuck you are trying to say.

>Getting non autogated mums instead of the superior pvs14s.
Lmao hipster af.

better than these day vision larps that think real fightfights happen in the middle of the fucking day

combat happens at night people, getting a day vision scope is like buying boat for your next ski trip

Not denying that but it's still a pretty retarded choice senpai. Rather have MUM-14s than nothing. I liked the bridge Hyper MUM and FLIR breach that's made the rounds too. Gucci af.

if you don't have have a sound suppressor, full armor with helment and PC with plates, and NVD then you might as well not prep for a larpocolypse at all, just take the money invest it in a stock index tracking fun and just hope the system does crash cause you're just extra boipus in the apoc, no hope of winning your engagements.

combat happens at night gentlemen, plan accordingly

$200 scopes can't see infrared

You think if I gave my sheriffs office a big enough donation they would buy me those quad nods?

Some are in the wild already. TNVC had them avail for awhile before going back to LEO only like lil bitches.

There's no realistic scenario where I'll be shooting past 300yrds. Buying a nice scope and shooting at paper at the range is a waste of money in my opinion, but if it works for you then go for it. If I was in pest extermination then I'd definitely pick one up.

>scope
I have a pretty good scope, it should work fine.
>suppressor
All of my bullets hit the speed of sound, it wouldn’t help all that much. Plus you have to register for that stuff.

If everyone had nods wouldnt that be like a fucking laser show when it comes to night fighting?

my opfor has night vision im shutting my lazerboi off, to each his own though

I don't get it.

That's why you bring thermals.

Damn Ill just have to keep looking. Luckily I live in a very small town maybe I could get a couple more in the free market. How much would they sell for? Above MSRP?

2 honda civics

fucking saved

i don't have suppressors because illinois, but i've built a 8.5" blackout AR ready to accept one once i move out of here.
I don't have gucci optics because of poverty. instead i have a trs-25 on my carbine AR and a walmart scope on my 10/22.

i'm doing my best.

They were mid 40 thousand dollar range from what I saw. Some units with "interesting" history popped up on egay awhile ago for 35kish I believe? Wouldn't touch those but they are floating around. None had WP tubes either which is a ripoff. Not sure if newer units have better tubes. Id rather have a unit with thermal overlays for less than half the money imo. More useful outside of niche room clearing. They are gucci af looking though I admit.

The system isn't anywhere near as strong as you think it is. The global economy has been running on fumes for decades now; countries can't keep borrowing more money than they make decade after decade without it all eventually collapsing.

Computer optics are going to need two qualities before they get beyond the realm of neat range toys. Those two things are durability and battery life, and not only that but it will need these two qualities without being so big/heavy as to hinder the performance of the rifle. If the optic is fragile then it wont be good for any serious rifle. Also, if the battery life is only a few hours (as something with a computer would probably be at this point in time) then it's going to either be a neat range toy of something only employed by law enforcement agencies that are about to do a raid and therefore don't need it to operate for several hours.

The technology to make a computer optic that is both durable and has a decent battery life exists, but with our current level of technology that optic would be especially large and heavy.

>National Debt meme

Money is all arbitrary user, it always has been

You don't know how bad your budget optics are until you pony up for the real deal. It's really painful to go back to using budget optics after getting use to good glass clarity.

That, and I wouldn't ever use a $200 scope on a serious rifle unless it also had some backup irons. Better optics cost more money because they have better build quality and can therefore be relied on.

Trs 25 is better than the nightforce larping, at least you can use a flashlight with ur rds on

Because most people are not preparing for street storming, door kicking, wall jumping, mad dashes across the afghan desert, and aggressive raids of terrorist compounds.

Battle proven means jack shit if you expect to avoid battle at all costs.

"SHTF" for most people is staying in your house and shooting anyone who tries to break in.

Most people actually expect to shoot the wannabe door kickers breaking into their houses with $5000 guns yelling "KEKISTANI POLICE! WE HEARD THERE WAS A WM-AF COUPLE IN HERE!"

>richfags
>training
>ever
Kek, richfags only have their rifles as a status symbol, my fucking Bushmaster A2 clone cost like 1/3 of your gear, and I can both hit you at 500 yards with it. Add the fact I don't have to worry about my ammo not performing due to a 20" Master Race barrel.
>ammo
Richfags, without exception seem to shoot only steel cased ammo, it frankly pisses me off, but they'll make excuses about "your rifle is shit" because it's properly gassed, and not cranked up so you can magdump shit ammo.

Checklist to survive the apocalypse
0%
>stock options and a micro brew kit plus a 10 year blacked.com subscription no food no gun no skills
%5
>week of food, limited skills, basic meds, gun of any type and a few boxes of ammo
7%
>month of food, experence in wildness survival, social contact with like minded people, ar 15 with basic optic and a basic kit
100%
> year of food, compound with team of operators, full auto supressed nightvision Gucci mgs full armor, defensive positions mined approaches and zero experience in modren life litrally would take years for new of the collapse to reach your Jow Forumsrew.

Are you ready k?

>Jow Forums raids Jow Forums's house
>OUR INFORMANTS SAY SOMEONE HERE WATCHES JAVS
>WHERE THE RACE TRAITORS AT?
>a single shot of 7.62x54r goes through several Jow Forumsfags
>instant retreat
>some unidentified, smelly brown substance left on the floor

i figured that on the scale, fudd would give a better price:value ratio at the low end. as far as flashlights go, i'm thinking about sticking one of the free harbor freight ones laying around my house in an amazon special mlok scope ring and slapping it on the side of my gat

Combat happens at night, if your system wont let you i.d a threat in darkness and get hits its a larp. Rds+light is the best optic there is untill nods and thermals.

Skip the nightforce meme

The system will keep working so long as people believe it will, but that's not going to last forever.

Countries can only borrow as much money as they do because people are willing to buy that debt in hopes of returns. Once countries get to the point where they can't even pay the interest on that debt, let alone the debt itself, faith that countries will ever pay off their debts will be shattered. At that point people will stop willingly investing in debt, and therefore countries will not be able to borrow the money they 'need' to keep going.

Once this happens, countries will have only three options: 1: They can print their own money to pay off the debts but cause such massive inflation in the process that the economy tanks, 2: They can try to raise taxes astronomically to make up for the loss in cash-flow which would make such a large percentage of the population of western nations into bankruptcy that a revolution would be certain

or 3: they could try to cut their spending to more sustainable levels, but so much of the system only works because of this spending that it would self-implode anyways. That, and once the niggers and spics stop getting their welfare checks all hell is going to break loose on the streets.

So... a poacher?

Nah most people think they want SHTF because they think it'll be like stalker or fallout. Take away power, clean running water, ability to get food easily etc and suddenly it's a lot less fun. It gets even worse if you have a family member that's got some sort of illness that requires meds. If your kid has something like type 1 beetus, then SHTF is a death sentence for them.