/brg/ - Battle Rifle General #11 - Coming in From the Cold edition

BR or DMR? The fight continues.
CQB BRs: deaf, dumb, and blind.
18" supremacy and the evolution of BRs.
Malay L2A2; not real fuckin NATO.
She's a killer safe queen: The inch FAL
Polishing your wood: 10 tips from a pro.
The AR10. When you want to be a snowflake but not stand out.
Triggered! The $87 MBT2 wonder thats driving Guysnamedlee crazy!
"I'm not being sued!" t. Guysnamedlee
"I kept getting bullied and I'm too dumb to know why" t. secure tripfag
No Century, PRS welcome.
Bolt action BRs? A petition to be admitted nearing signature goal.

Attached: 6a0133ec985af6970b015437dc174b970c.jpg (1600x839, 268K)

Previous thread

Attached: 1550735028285.jpg (750x710, 64K)

M14 is fine. Stop hating on my boy.

Attached: m14 blacktop.jpg (3393x2262, 1.55M)

M14 is bad and you should feel bad

Attached: baking with FAL.jpg (2971x1569, 984K)

The M14's drawbacks are overstated. People also seem to compare it to 3 different competing rifles at the same time. It's weird because you'll see people say "The M14 was uncontrollable in full auto compared to the M16! That's why we should have gone with the FAL!" ignoring that most FALs weren't full auto for the same reason.

Attached: m14 iraq.jpg (2816x2112, 777K)

Opinions on century arms CETME?

General consensus is that they're hit-or-miss. You have a disappointingly high chance of getting a lemon from what I hear.

Its a nice looking rifle but I wouldn't buy one. I dont hate them

If you want a G3 clone, save up for a PTR91.

Unrelated note, got the extended charging handle but won't sit flush to wide handguard. Chop to fit or switch back to regular handle?

CETMEs aren't G3 clones.

G3 clone as close as you'll get to a working CETME short of building it yourself or hunting up old century builds. C308s are coinflips.

Parts kits are cheap.

How’s the M&P 10? I was gonna get one and free float it. Is that really hard to do?

What did you do for y'all raifus today, boys?
>pic related

Attached: 20190222_122807.jpg (3264x1836, 2.14M)

>What did you do for y'all raifus today, boys?
I jerked off all over it and stuck it up my ass.

>M14 is bad
Yeah, keep talking with your bitch juice and your safe queen

TFW snow themes will be over by the time I can build my snow FAL. but I've almost got my receiver for it!

Attached: ballammo.jpg (1234x925, 386K)

Questions about CMP Garands:
Should I get service or field grade? I vastly prefer an original stock as opposed to a new one because it has character, and I'm afraid if I go service grade that I will get a new one. On the other hand, I am afraid that I'll be missing out on a higher quality gun for the sake of $100. When it says "new", does this mean an unissued stock or a brand new produced stock?

Attached: 51lyzOMcCcL.jpg (371x500, 45K)

Because they were uped to 308 because of fudds that wanted m14. Had america not fucked up the fal into a cartidge it was not meant for it would be fine.

Move away from that God forsaken desert. Snow (in some places) into early June here in the frozen shithole of Hoth.

Pretty sure they're new manufacture. One user has one here.

Attached: 20190116_154259.jpg (1270x3120, 3.23M)

Why is mayla l2a2 not real NATO?

Attached: IMG_20190210_094646820.jpg (4032x2268, 2.41M)

They've never been a NATO state. Ian just did a review on that stuff, though, so the prices on it are probably about to shoot up. :(

Ergonomics are still better on the FAL and it's the least shitty of battle rifles in full auto. Drawbacks may be overblown, but the M14 is still the worst battle rifle

Ahem. Guise

Attached: c8iZdJW.jpg (2121x3771, 3.38M)

>FAL least shitty in F/A

Ummm...G3 is superior in full auto. Something about 25 pound bolt carrier and being front heavy and not well balanced...

Ah, i figured that was it, glad I just ordered 1800 rounds to go along with the 600 I already had

PTR MSG-91? What kind of accuracy do you get?

I just wish I had bought more Sal Tech when it was available. Not making that mistake with Hirtenberger. I may well switch to using Silver Bear for my range plinking and save my NATO ammo for special occasions.

>won't sit flush to wide handguard
That's actually good to know, I was debating buying an extended charging handle but if it's not going to fit flush with my hand guard what's the point? I encourage you to give it the chop and let me know how it works by posting pics and reviews.

I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of the hate for the M14 is actually just a reaction to the Boomers who have been saying it's the best rifle ever for decades.

Attached: antipoachers.jpg (1941x1704, 518K)

Funny you mention that OP. I just bought an MTB2 for pic related. The nearly 30y/o KAC trigger in there is just way too light for me. I was looking to buy a modern KAC, but one is a drop in that puts the entire 4.5lbs on the second state, and the other is a weird sort of adjustable one that just didn't seem worth spending over $300 on. If I could have gotten an SSA without the G on the side of it I would have done that since that looks more traditional KAC and Colt triggers.
Anyway it looks neat, looking forward to comparing it to the G2S on my AR-15 and seeing what's really up.
>I feel dirty for putting an essential part that's not KAC in my raifu

Attached: IMG_20190215_134417.jpg (3840x2160, 1.82M)

I wanna get one and do this to it

Attached: neat tactical m1a.jpg (564x1198, 175K)

SR-25 and SCAR are way better in full auto my man

They should make a "Cops" style show about these guys including their SF trainers/advisors. I'd fucking watch it.

I posted this one in the last thread. It's CMP but I got it at a gun show for a silly good price by today's standards. I'd have to guess mine was one of the top tier selections, it's very minty and shoots crazy well

Attached: Garand.jpg (3929x2420, 2.79M)

oh yeah, it's one of the ones from the recent Korea wave they had up. I was under the impression there were no "new" ones.

it doesn't help that the new ones Springfield puts out are dogshit. I've personally fired one that did not feed from a mag that it came with at least twice every 10 rounds.
If I were to buy one it'd be a pre-ban for sure.

Looks better than an EBR

That's nice, but I would redact the numerals seriales for the future buddy. No telling what the Hogg crew would stoop to.

>unironic boomer posting

Yer damn straight, son

Attached: 1534210208787.jpg (531x514, 40K)

There's an organization called VETPAW that was basically made for that purpose. They don't really ever so anything except take donations and put pictures of their female member on Instagram. Avoid at all costs.

I have a regular standard SA M1A. Never had any issues with it feeding or cycling. Maybe the ones you shot were in bad shape?

had second thoughts halfway through. will give it a week before swapping it back or not.

Attached: 1203181332.jpg (4160x2336, 2.56M)

Is BRG going to become a richfag thread like ARG? Is my dpms Oracle in 308 welcome?

This is ptr general, son, it can't go rich.

I think it has more to do with an absence of ridiculously expensive aftermarkets and a diversity of models. People will argue about the merits of M14 vs. FAL vs. G3 but there are not the autistic breakdowns on the best M-LOK for the best AR builder for the best tactical butt plug insertion. Also, the pretty much mandatory $1k entry point and relatively expensive ammo means there is a restriction on poorfagging as well as richfagging. This is the working man's rifle general. NEETs and trust funders need not apply.

I don't think richfags like flexing on us too much. idk if it's too easy or what but there isn't a whole lot of it.

Attached: AR2019.png (1253x492, 1.08M)

I really think it's better than my SSA.
I am jealous of your KAC. I've got their irons on my AR and really like them. I would be interested in trying their triggers out but the KAC dealer around me closed b4 I could go down. Wanted to see if he'd sell me a lower for dat Gucci rollmark.
That's nice but I was thinking of another user who had one that looked like a new stock.

Attached: 20180825_014244.jpg (496x1338, 291K)

Every time some rich scarfag comes in I just tell them to post some groups, because I'm pretty sure I can probably beat them with my fucking Norinco

Battle rifles generally aren't cheap unless you're in Canada and can get one of those Norinco M14s.

Attached: m14 silhouette.png (1024x576, 37K)

Oh, or one an SVT since I think those are still pretty cheap up there.

Attached: SVT40.jpg (1540x1198, 227K)

Norinco also made some specifically for New Zealand export, from both factories. No longer in production.

Why won't Japan ever export milsurp rifles or parts kits? :(

Attached: Howa_Type_64_Rifle.jpg (1920x840, 661K)

would you? user in /wfg/ designed some sort of DMR

Attached: 1550384477558.png (1900x2850, 1.44M)

I got service grade, it is a very nice rifle but it does have a new stock. I kinda prefer an old stock too but whatever, I mostly just wanted a shooter. It will get weathered by me as I use it.

cant im stuck for work

Did they chop up the 64s or do they still have them sitting in an arsenal somewhere? Besides whatever handful they're using in side roles.

you are like little baby

Attached: PTRMSG91SSTunedUp.jpg (1024x596, 78K)

A G3 that looks like an Enfield. Even uses G3 mags, except that they apparently get pushed up into the magwell past the little detents that are supposed to stop it from getting pushed up any further.

Japan has very, very tight military weapons export restrictions. Optics are fine, but an actual fire arm of military (JIDF) origin is not going to leave the country except under extremely specific conditions. Unfortunately, fulfilling the boner fantasies of anime enthusiasts in the states isn't among them. It's odd, we can get Howa built AR-18s and BC Miroku Winchester 94s, but those aren't considered military weapons because the JIDF never used them.

>A G3 that looks like an Enfield
i was wondering why it looked so familiar, wonder if it would handle well

Looks like an GK SL7 and an Enfield had a baby. I like it.

Where to buy good FAL build kit that isn't whatacountry

Cool, is that yours? Post a time stamp.

>6.5x49mm

does that still qualify as a battle rifle

>inb4 backpedaling and counter-accusations

I'd say the 1k price tag on the DSA's isn't too bad.

I mean, why though? I couldn't possibly post an immediate time stamp with all of my guns, but surely one as nice as that would be a point of pride and bragging rights. It's just odd because I could swear that this morning he was linking posts of a guy that was saying PTR was a 5 MOA rifle.

Buy the msg-ss for the barrel alone, go to rtg and buy the receiver rails and have a reputable gunsmith weld them on. A cheaper bolt gun will still outshoot you by far, but that isn't why you want a br anyway.

hes a retard

>Poor Little Single Shot

Attached: semi autos have big mag lips.jpg (339x480, 53K)

>>I've personally fired one that did not feed from a mag that it came with at least twice every 10 rounds.
My 10rd mag fires fine, the 20rd mags are a problem though.

Best Battle Rifle if I have a thermal sight? Desired application is killing 'yotes at night.

no it's not mine. I don't have any interest in bench queens that cost $8000+
its called banter and shitposting but ok.
lighten up a bit.
jeez.

gee whiz, it's almost like you can't post a timestamp with any of your guns

so weird, itsn't that weird

The rifle in pic related is about $2k, with a scope about that much

not for you, I won't.
that's not an MSG106, user.
that's essentially a PSG clone with aftermarket work done to it. The receivers are totally different. Nowhere near $2000 dollars; way more than that and it was a limited production run years ago.

Are RFBs /brg/ approved? I know that kel tec is a meme and that bullpups can be rough but I imagine that the GI edition PTR or frankensteined FAL I'd be getting as an alternative wouldn't be much more accurate/ergonomic. Plus I'm a lefty, and the RFB is better for that. What say you?

Attached: 31564214_811780402354543_2602587672698421248_o.jpg (1111x989, 279K)

Let's see how futile we can get w expensive stabby bullets and FAL irons
Just ignoring you mean

Attached: 20190211_190156.jpg (4032x1960, 2.34M)

Hi Frens! Has anyone ever heard or dealt with a PTR91 wearing prematurely? My bolt gap from the factory is .013".

Attached: IMG_20180922_212242.jpg (4608x3456, 2.29M)

I want to love the arf bee, but not being able to get to malfunctions is the true flaw of ambi bullpups.
facts
Did it change from something else? My G3 is on the money at .014"
Ideal: .014"
I've heard .010" and .012" being the tightest you can be fine with. But I also heard HK said .004" is the absolute minimum.

Attached: RFB.jpg (425x447, 23K)

From what i can gather from a few reviews, youtube vids and Ancedoteals from the few that own one. Its super picky about ammo. Like, you have to adjust the gas system every single time you change brands of ammo.
However, most find it a good enough bullpup br to be worth buying if you can keep the gas system properly adjusted

It definitely looks interesting, I'd love to shoot one before buying it though. The fact that I already have FAL mags on hand is a big plus.

You will probably laugh after I tell you this, but I have not fired it yet. Me being me, I saw somebody in the handgun general posting about PTRs having massive issues with bolt gap wear (I made a post over there where I replied to all of the relevant posts from the guy) and have been paranoid for the last couple of hours I might have made a bad purchase. I am planning on firing the rifle quite a bit this summer and was nervous I might be getting myself into a headache.

never heard of it. real think its fake news. Worst case you get bigger rollers but your current bolt gap is gucci.

Attached: 6a3896be-3b36-43a0-8f53-68090fe71e2d.jpg (600x800, 53K)

to clearify upon more research, rtg says you should +2 your rollers if it ever gets less than .012" (.3mm)

theres a guy in my state (MA so my selection is really limited) selling a real HK91 for 3000

should i do it

If you really want it I guess. Seems like a fucking lot to me. Cheaper options out there and better shit for that price. IDK MA laws tho. probably cheaper to just move.

What magnification is the best magnification for a 18in 308? I am planning on swapping out my 1-6x for a 4-14x

Attached: ar10.jpg (468x1280, 78K)

What are they going to report something I have a receipt for stolen? The serials on the Garand tell you where and when it's from no one's finding out who I am through them

Thank ya. Optics planet, operation parts and Brownells have the KAC triggers available to order. Do some reading because they're really not typical.

What scope

3x is necessary if you want to make close shots ie:hunting

You can go towards the higher end just also mount an offset red dot, or mount it to the scope itself. You need some sort of 1x option.

Trijicon Accupower 1-8x

Attached: accupower reticle.png (1109x805, 919K)

Too late to go back now dude

Redpill me on FALs. What's worth buying?

FALfiles marketplace

Lurk moar

Anything but Century. Unless you can shoot it first