Prove me wrong

The army makes people carry retard huge bags with 120lbs of worthless shit specifically to fuck their knees and backs so they can sell them painkillers made from the opium stolen in the GWOT

Attached: 1539653485450.png (646x595, 269K)

>120lbs

Body armor + ach : 30lbs
Weapon + mags/other gear on lbe: 30lbs
Ruck: 60lbs

Armor and weapons are worthless?

I'm not op, he just wasn't wrong on the weight

They aren't worthless, he's probably talking about the extra shit in the ruck though.

It's the extra bullshit I'm talking about. Soldiers used to not have these xboxhueg packs

where does kit differ between ww2 and modern infantry? I genuinely dont know the details but it might be a good place to start.
Things like helemts, armor, NV, modern weapons, and ammunition seem pretty necessary but maybe theyre not as weight optimized as they could be.

>obvious moron who has never been in the military
Shut your mouth you fucking imperial swine

Kill yourself you worthless fucking zogbot I'm trying to save your knees

Ammo should be lighter. That was the entire point of 5.56, less weight for more bangs.

You don't understand how government works. It always takes it never gives. If ammo gets lighter that means you can carry more of it, not that you will carry less weight. That lucky bastard in WW2 with his m1 in o6 and just a cap on his head...

Hardly, this one is pretty bare bones because it doesn't include shit inside the pack. If it weren't for plates a standard soldiers kit would probably weigh the same.

Thanks captcha

Attached: US kit WWII.jpg (461x650, 61K)

notice how heroin use has gone up after they realized giving out opiods like candy may be a bad thing?

Attached: Tony Hawk.jpg (750x741, 82K)

>extra ammo
>claymores
>breaching tools
>extra mortar rounds
>radios
>night vision
>AT4s or LAWs
>grenades
>extra batteries
>cold weather shit
>extra socks
>tripod and spare barrel for MGs
>extra goose rounds
>water
>worthless shit
Pick none OP. This isn’t to say that guys sometimes carry stupid shit, but thinking the only reason guys have fuck huge rucks without mostly carrying shit they need is retarded.

They don't need most of that in the goatfucker wars we engage in

What exactly do you think isn't needed

Cold weather shit, extra batteries, tripods, claymores

The US government would never do something like that to its own people, dumbass.

lmao

>Soldiers used to not have these xboxhueg packs

Soldiers used to walk everywhere. Those that still do aren't carrying over 100lbs of gear.

Armor is the big one because it raises the weight of "naked"/assaulting infantry who've dropped all their gear.

Also, a lot of guys -- especially heavy weapons teams -- were having to haul more shit around historically. In Infantry Attacks, Rommel says that his machine gunners carried loads well in excess of 80 lbs -- this was in WWI, and they were all generally smaller than the average soldier today.

If ammo is lighter, you carry more of it.

Every "useless" item you ditch from your pack will just be replaced by more ammo and maybe batteries.

>Infantry Attacks

I was wrong, the machine gun loads were much heavier, see image. However, that gear was mostly moved on mules (nowadays it would be trucks) until they crossed the Line of Departure.

Attached: attacks_load.png (753x143, 12K)

Holy shit, you probably probably smoke weed too to "stick it to the man". Get a load of this normie faggot

No, they prefer doing far worse
>Tuskegee experiment
>MKUltra
>project ARTICHOKE
>SHAD
>project CHATTER

More like the US government is actively trying to replace its own people with a better consumer/slave race.

I'd believe it.
Grandfather served in the pacific during WWII and Korea, but his joints were completely fine up until his death at 94 years old.
Meanwhile my father and brother have arthritis in their knees and ankles from their time in the Marines. They're always aching and they do take medicine to ease the pain.

It seems we've traded mobility and longevity (in terms of joint health) for temporary safety.

Attached: 080515-01-the-war-hero.jpg (1819x2000, 453K)

This