How the FUCK does this happen?

How does a nation that ruled the waves within living memory now not have enough men to crew ONE GODDAMN CARRIER?

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2019-02-22-06-01-29.png (1375x2020, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

jabietz.de/fregatte-luebeck/bildergalerie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

libcucks
dubs

This sound more like the guys planning the complement fucked up, unless they fucked up by having installed fewer beds than sailors.

carriers are probably racist or haram... so the majority of UK citizens aren't allowed to join up.

Attached: 1546390656754.jpg (851x630, 146K)

What do the do with the space under the ramp...?

With a compliment of 1600, who gives a shit if she's 70 sailors light. Unless they are all from 1 division, it makes no difference. There are probably over 100 people shitting right now.

Weren't they bragging about how few crew the carrier needed back when it was being built?

Attached: 1543648970771.jpg (1263x1920, 701K)

1600 is including a full air crew

They didn't even have enough for the bare minimum crew of 670.

>1600

Her crew size is less than half of that.

pretty much what said, the underestimated how many people she would need, its not that the navy has a manning issue in terms of having the sailors available, its that the number the ship needs was underestimated initially until experience suggests she needed more.

its irritating but easily corrected, its not like the RN is routinely sailing out significantly undermanned and trained and then crashing into civilian freighters.

if you read it the issue wasnt that she didnt have the 670, she did, the issue was the ships commander feels that 670 is to few and that around 740 would be better.

Bongs can't man their ramped poverty carrier
Lel

Attached: IMG_0699.jpg (1496x648, 208K)

>OH MY GOD X THING IS FOUND DURING SEA TRIALS

Better question: Why are they sending a ship that's this untested and undermanned to dick wave in the South China Sea? It's just gonna make our allies look anemic and posturing instead of sending the message that we're willing to lay pipe at the first sign of trouble.

We'd be better off getting Japs to join our operations there.

Attached: 1509020757342.png (201x178, 54K)

You would think they could maybe improve the quarters design? It is not hard to make smaller but more private quarters. I know if I was told "Yeah, this is where you would sleep for months if you signed up with the navy" I would tell them fuck off right then and go with some arctic troops instead.

Attached: SWNS_QUEEN_ELIZABETH_26.jpg (1200x630, 129K)

>Better question: Why are they sending a ship that's this untested and undermanned to dick wave in the South China Sea? It's just gonna make our allies look anemic and posturing instead of sending the message that we're willing to lay pipe at the first sign of trouble.
But she won't be "untested", before she goes to SCS she will have operational capability.

that's pretty luxurious as far as ships go

Attached: 9129b05597f6b2d9d0e9b674f3261046.jpg (611x604, 79K)

To do what? Run ads for Huawei?

Attached: HW.jpg (812x830, 155K)

I didn't read it but operating a large ship like that 24h / 7 days a week with that few people will probably mean understaffed/overworked shifts.

Heads.
Nothing cures constipation like the sound of jet engines just overhead.

i'm ok with that. I like huawei hardware

burnt!

That's not that bad, I would berth there.

the automation was meant to cut down on crewing requirements and it has apparently done so on a fairly massive level, as a vessel that size could easily have 1000+ crew.

it just seems that they slightly overestimated just how much the automation would help, its a minor and easily accommodated increase to her crew number next time she sails, not despite what certain posters - for example- seem to believe indicative of anything more significant

That's luxurious as fuck for ships quarters.

thats really nice for a Navy ship

Basically everyone has comfier amenities than us. Fuck I'd rather have this Fisher Price chink shit than feel like I'm in a manufacturing plant 24/7.

Attached: mess-hall.jpg (798x1073, 284K)

Government budget cuts and over reliance on the US, recruitment is controlled by civvy doctors who bar applicants because they fell out of a tree when they were six, infantilisation of adults, you now have to enlist for 12 years to qualify for pensions, preferential mortgage rates, etc., and people now have to stay in full time education until they are 18—which devastated the military’s chief recruiting demographic of 16-18 year olds.

Attached: BDEF0554-2A8C-4BB8-9EA9-99DD681535E3.jpg (576x416, 37K)

Look at all that headspace. He can even sit up. And that space is all his, he's not hot-racking with two other guys on a 3 shift system.
That's USCG levels of creature comfort and luxury.

>hot-racking with two other guy son a 3 shift system
god, how do you deal with niggers?

you do realise that literaly none of what you just posted actually has anything to do with OPs article right?

issue is navy thought 670 people would be enough, after sea trials ships captain says 670 is to few, and she needs another 70 or so people.

she wasnt being asked to ail with less than her intended complement, its just that after trials her commander feels the planners may have been slightly optimistic in a figure of 670 as opposed to say 730-750.

>Government policies that have reduced recruitment rates for the last decade.
>Nothing to do with understaffing.
r u autistic user? It’s ok, we’ll look after you.

Attached: 9BE72C2D-B832-40E6-AF7A-9E74DC18CD8B.jpg (754x692, 137K)

issue isnt understaffing as in 'navy doesnt have enough people to staff its planned complement' because it does, the issue is understaffing as in 'the guys who planned how many people this thing needs screwed up'

ship was expected to need 670 people, ship sailed on its trials with 670 people, trials experience suggests that the ship actually needs a few more than expected, approximately 70 more.

the navy may or may not have a slight recruitment problem right now, but thats not what caused the crew shortage on the QE.

THIS IS THE CHARTER
THE CHARTER OF THIS LAND
AND GUARDIAN ANGELS SANG THIS STRAIN
RULE BRITTAINA
BRITTANIA RULE THE WAVES

Attached: Royal-Navy-Sea-Harrier-Alraigo-Incident-(Att)-.jpg (800x450, 76K)

>We'd be better off getting Japs to join our operations there.
Unironically this. Nips love boating school and would relish at the chance to even hypothetically get in a row with China.

That was unironically a really impressive landing

But how long before it falls apart? The bottoms looks so fake and artificial.

Bretton Woods is a hell of a drug.

I don't even know how to feel about this

You can see the dent on the van when it failed the first attempt.

Literally where?

Attached: Can i ask you.png (963x720, 602K)

Building collapses really only happen in India and Europe. Everyone else knows how to make shit to last.

you forgot China and Russia

Attached: RussiaEngineering.jpg (640x478, 32K)

No they don’t. They know they won’t win.

It's not understaffing, you need to read more carefully.. While you may have brought up some valid points, they are irrelevant within the scope of this issue. Navy Brass assigned 670 crew to the ship, and now its commander is saying that's not enough. This is simply an issue of allocating more sailors to the ship, so long as it has the carrying capacity, which it seems to.

Now, you could try to argue that the reason 670 sailors was assigned in the first place, was because the Navy was short on sailors and they just hoped that the bare minimum would scrape by. But you'd have to provide more evidence to prove that.

>In 2007, Britain’s National Archives released a number of Royal Navy files, and the second inquiry report was finally made public. Noting that Watson had completed only 75 percent of his training before he had been sent to sea, the board blamed Watson’s inexperience, and his commanders for assigning him an airplane “not fully prepared for the sortie,” a reference to radio problems. Nonetheless, Watson was reprimanded and given a desk job.
Damn that blows, the Royal Navy fails to fully train you, and then they send you on a mission with a plane that has a broken radio. He made a mistake, but was still able to save the jet, kind of shitty that he got a desk job.

To be fair, going from 670 crew to 740 crew is still pretty good going, and this kind of debate isn't unusual for an entirely new class undergoing trials (the USN LCS has had similar crewing debates). For context, a USN Nimitz CVN has a crew of ~3,500 without an embarked air wing, so it has gone from having a crew 19% the size of a Nimitz to having one 21% the size on a ship that is 70,000 tonnes displacement.

They had the crew they planned to, but it was found that an extra 70 men would be needed in addition to the 670 that the designers thought they would need.

The ship still sailed with just short of 1000 on board for it's sea trials.

And the second ship PoW is fully crewed in Rosyth.

This is an issue with learning crew requirement, not finding people.

That’s pretty terrible from my merchant marine perspective. I have my own cabin. It’s small but I can jerk my dick in peace. It’s the little things that matter.

Chinese junk memes are old as fuck. They can make quality stuff now. People were memeing about Japanese stuff being low quality garbage in 60's too look how that turned up.

desperately trying to seem relevant internationally whilst simultaneously sabotaging their own economy

wtf are you talking about? They can even sit on their beds to read or something. And the wood gives it extra comfyness compared to those white looking beds the US Navy use.

holy shit that looks like a kindergarten. that cant be real

The bottom pic is from a Chink ship. Missile hazards, fire hazards, and gear adrift as far as the eye can see. What could possibly go wrong with wood trim?

>That's USCG levels of creature comfort and luxury.

Every cutter I was ever stationed on had berthing identical to USN style. Maybe it’s because we use the same design and manning criteria as the USN, only with a smaller budget.

The quality of the build isn’t the issue. The bottom pic is the messdeck of (iirc) a Chinese carrier. There’s a plethora of casualties waiting to happen in that pic. Fir hazards, missile hazards, splinter hazards, gear adrift. That bullshit false overhead means DC parties need to waste time pulling down panels before they can get to critical system valves and breakers. Debris from when those panels break is going to clog eductors. And I bet they’re not flame resistant. And then there’s those planters full of fake plants. Jesus Christ, is the PLAN full of delicate little special snowflakes? Do they really need their messdeck to look like a Starbucks knockoff? What a bunch of mommys boys.

there are always fewer beds than sailors. you think everyone's going to be asleep all at once?

>there are always fewer beds than sailors. you think everyone's going to be asleep all at once?

Wrong.

There is no hot bunking on RN surface vessels. There is also no Hot bunking on Astute and Vanguard, only the older Trafalgar class

Mfw when I have to sleep in someone else's love juice.

Attached: _Al_bundy.jpg (800x600, 34K)

you get hep c but hopefully not hiv

pfft. do they still get their daily rum rations too?

they stopped rum in 1964 but each sailor is still entitled to two cans of beer or cider a day.

>YWN fire a torp at a pod of whales after getting drunk on navy issue rum

Thats nothing, I've heard of near fatal levels of carbon monoxide in a submarine compartment during a smoking competition.

That was back in 2005 though before the smoking ban. Submariners can use vape's though, so i'm sure there have been some interesting scenes.

top pic looks like prison. which is kinda fitting.

Lessons in ship design and fitting were bought at such a high price (pic related), meanwhile looking at that picture I hope PLAN personnel don't wear flammable synthetic uniforms.

It's a similar kind of requirements, you want everything to be firmly held in place, nothing that can be sharp, as little as possible to be flammable and to be able to function with minimal maintenance in rough conditions for many months at a time.

Attached: RFA_Sir_Galahad.jpg (810x539, 49K)

pressganging dock people is illegal nowadays

If you did it, there'd be a crater where you crashed and burned

Attached: 69a298f47a598bafe974d70e11a1449e52209a61b0f9872258fb20b2ec30a5ee.png (420x570, 16K)

Shit happens.
I still remember that brand new spanish submarine that sunk the moment it was put on the sea.

Apparently, while doing weight calculations, someone changed the place of a comma two places to the side which end up fucking the weight of the entire thing by more than 5 metric tons.

Hilarious if you ask me.

No money. And it doesn't get better.

>China being impressed by 12 F-35B's

That wouldn't sink a submarine.

become an officer, problem fixed.

Ask Navantia if it dont.

They bragged about many things. Then reality set in.
>no crew
>no planes
>a fucking ramp when the US offered to sell them catapults
>order two carriers just so one might be in working order when you need it
>UK can't afford to protect that single carrier because their navy got gutted
>MOD unironically thinks the UK is a super power

Better question, why are the retards in Yuropoor even wasting the little money they have on their anemic military ? NATO would get fucking obliterated by Russia or China without the help of the US. The UK is a fucking joke.

Nonsense

Attached: 20150626-08.jpg (1200x674, 172K)

>Better question, why are the retards in Yuropoor even wasting the little money they have on their anemic military
>NATO would get fucking obliterated by Russia or China without the help of the US. The UK is a fucking joke.
you just answered your own question, you dork

No, I didn't you brain dead nigger. They do absolutely nothing but rely on the US. They might as well have no military and use the money for something else. If the US pulls out they're fucked either way.

You did

BRITTANIA RULES THE KEBAB SHOPS.
ALL HAIL BRITTANNNIIIIAAAA !!!

Why is that thing so fucking ugly?

Attached: 1490058370849.jpg (425x461, 40K)

>ask why waste money on their worthless military since it makes no difference
>still unanswered
Try some reading comprehension, mongrel.

r-rule the waves my fellow norf brothers, am I right ?

Oh, a Russian calling anyone a mongrel. That is hilarious.

>a Russian
Ya dude, you pinned me. I was expecting to get called an amerifat but whatever. Anyway, the UK is trash and you can't deny it. I would be ashamed to be a part of their laughingstock military especially considering the great history they had. I bet even they don't know why they're even trying.

>no crew
Except both are crewed.
>no planes
Except they already have 17 and have flown exercises off it.
>a fucking ramp when the US offered to sell them catapults
2 carriers are better than 1
>order two carriers just so one might be in working order when you need it
Wanna know how I can tell you have no experience of naval logistics?
>UK can't afford to protect that single carrier because their navy got gutted
Carrier group hasn't changed in makeup at all.
>MOD unironically thinks the UK is a super power
No such thing has been said by the MoD.

>will probably mean understaffed/overworked shifts.

Sounds like my platoon in Iraq, especially if operating out of a COP

Time to take back the malivinas

a fucking ramp

Not helping your case any, Hop Sing.

They only had 4 jets instead of 30 so i guess they just cut the 70 sailors as well for the meantime.

This is a France fregate. The 200g plastic flowers are less a threat than the lamps hanging around.

You are just full of shit.

This little web comic is sort of sad desu

>France frigate
>German eagle & coat of arms on seats

jabietz.de/fregatte-luebeck/bildergalerie/
So please, as we say in proper French : ferme ta gueule

>You are just full of shit.

Good way to out yourself as a fucking ignorant twat. Those lamps are functional, and are securely mounted to the bulkheads. The panelling and formica furnishings are less than ideal, but you know what, Hop Sing? The pic you posted is of a wardroom. Those are not GQ stations, messdecks are. You could run an Exocet right through there, the only harm is that the O’s have to eat in the CPI mess for a while. You do that to the chink messdeck in the other pic, you’re taking out at least 1 repair party plus the casualty clearing station for sickbay. You’re a fuckwit. Those plastic plants also represent an additional fuel source for the fire that will inevitably follow a hit in that area, with lots of toxic smoke because I’m sure you chinks haven’t mastered the art of low-smoke plastics yet. Then, to add to the hilarity, once the fire is extinguished the remnants of those plastic homo bouquets will clog your eductor and sub pump inlets. Which means you’ll have to dewater the space with buckets and swabs, dipshit. Good luck doing that with the debris from those ceiling panels slicing up your dewatering team, moron.

Yeah, cretin. Those plastic plants sure are harmless. You gay yellow fucks just have to have them, don’t you?

*CPO mess