I know they ain't weapons but let's talk gas masks

I'm a collector of vintage and not so vintage gas masks and I'm looking to start a board talking bout em'. I currently own a GP-5, SM-74, and a Brit. MK2.

Attached: IMG_20190122_153137.jpg (1944x2592, 960K)

Gas masks are a defense against weapons you brainlet

>GP-5
only really stops tear gas
>SM-74
redpilled
>Brit mk2
decent but outdated, you're probably a collector though

Saw this at Otakon, what kind of gas mask is it?

Attached: IMG_0245.jpg (2073x5041, 1.7M)

they are weapons related nbc is a thing. a shity thing but a thing, I have a complete sealed brit nbc rig s10 mask, mic module, Geiger counter fullers earth etc but I also did nbc training so I know its only designed to keep me alive 48/72 hours fighting until I die horribly, not survive

S10 or FM12

How useful is a M51? I have one I got as a young kid

Attached: B23E8943-CB63-4238-8BC2-B20049E3E100.jpg (300x225, 10K)

Ayy I have one of these. Don’t use the filter. Is sends stinging shit into my eyes

Can you still smell things with a gas mask on?

FM12

sometimes a little bit of the gas makes it through the filter, enough to smell, but not enough for you to experience the effects of CS gas for example

Interesting.

Breddy comfy desu.

Only comfier one I've used is the M50 but changing the filters on that thing is really fucky so yeah..

Attached: DIAPHRAGM GIRTH SMASHED AND SLAMMED.jpg (2448x3264, 2.78M)

A GP-5 will probably also stop your life if you breathe through it long enough. Every time I put mine on my throat feels rough, I'm starting to believe the asbestos meme

Why do people say the SM-74 is so nice?

It looks kinda dated and cheap.

open up the filter, preferably outside while wearing another mask

I've heard not every filter has asbestos

I have tested this taking a shit with an M40 and I could not smell anything, GP-5s smell like Goodyear™ brand cancer

Is this a fetish thing?

Some people just collect 'em.

Actually a lot of the serious collectors tend to look down on the fetish people for ruining rare masks and shit.

In what way does a gas mask fetish start to develop?

Modern british gas masks are solid stuff. The avon fm12 is an excellent mask and not too expensive. The american masks while good are also either faulty in that the older m40 needs a rubber skin along with it and the M50 is insanely expensive (500) along with the filters being proprietary making them hard to find and expensive. The FM12 is easy to find, cost effective, and works, along with being light and being compatible with 40mm Nato filters which are affordable and easy to find new and older.

It's kink my dude.

That's a massive fucking rabbit hole.

A S B E S T O S

I'll keep that in mind.