The absolute state of the USN

Holy fuck the manpower on military bases are a fucking joke. Morons at the front gates aren't even military and appear to be the only respectable/competent folks on base.

>Go to X ANG Base to transfer from Norfolk.
>MP trails me the entire time from gate.
>Stops me in the parking lot as I'm walking from my car.
>"Hey just so you know you were going a little fast back there just slow it down"
>"Okay thanks" How was I supposed to know it dropped from a 45 to a 15 randomly down the length of the airstrip?
>Walk into admin building, place reeks of cigarettes and ass sweat.
>Go to IT dept for an email discrepancy.
>In the middle of our conversation she seriously gets up and dumps my papers on a guy's desk and walks out cig in mouth.
>Guy comes back to tell me something is screwed up, have to call Norfolk.
>Now I have additional questions so I go talk to the Admin chiefs.
>Asks my name and rank expecting me to be some new enlisted fag.
>"I'm an O1."
>E4 on tinder immediately takes his feet off the desk and kicks over his monster, one of the chiefs chokes on his hot pocket, the other looks at me like a deer in headlights. They try to explain I'm the first officer they've seen in almost 2 weeks.
>"I don't really care just help me so I don't have to come back for another year"
>Go to computer lab and wait 45 mins for the computer to load an log me in.
>"credentials not valid"
>Loudly say "Now I know why people don't give a fuck about their commitment" Other guy laughs and sadly agrees.
>Walk outside and notice that the gay ass 20yo MPs have pulled over 4 people for speeding all along the strip.
>Go do something useful you fucks.
>Leave, call Norfolk.
>PO on the other end forgot to put me on hold and is talking about the poor bastard who went down on her 2 days ago.
>"I can't help you try dis numbah"
>Call... "BEEEP! this line is no longer in service"

How are we a superpower when 75% of the people I've interacted with in the military are profoundly retarded?

Attached: 51iBsuZAp0L._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

features.propublica.org/navy-accidents/uss-fitzgerald-destroyer-crash-crystal/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogue
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The military is a jobs program. Like the WPA with guns, but less productive.

Imagine how bad the other counties are.

Nuclear arsenal. High gdp. There's enough competent folks to maintain the illusion.

>01
Absolutely sad

>I didn't join the Submarine fleet and I'm surrounded by retards
What did you expect?

There's tards on subs as well

welcome to the military, butter bar.

I genuinely expect a serious nuclear accident in the next 10 years involving a sub or carrier. The absolute state of everything is miserable and pathetic. I'm not even a Moto faggot I just wish at least 20% of the people in the navy gave a fuck.

This

Attached: 1549594866274.jpg (640x795, 69K)

is that a NOSC that you went to? Sounds like a selres who did a truic change from norfolk. welcome to the USNR.

>"I'm an O1"
I hate to break it to you but that's just how the Navy is these days. Just be glad that you're making good pay and actually have a job unlike half the fucktards you probably went to 4-yr adult daycare with.
For real though, you should try getting used to it as quickly as possible. Bitching about work is half the fun of being in the Navy.

Yes. I need to do an ADT but I need my email to even contact people. Can't do it from home so I figured going to base would be good idea. People there don't know/care about what I was asking and their computer system was fucked. The other guy in the lab was almost in tears as it crashed 5 mins from him being done with the cyber training after he'd been there for 2 hours just to get to that point.

I thought air force were the worst of this, didn't know the navy guys had it shitty as well. Will I be constantly surrounded by shithead slackers if I'm doing NSW support as intel?

>I’m an O1
The absolute STATE of entitlement. Nobody even knows what the fuck an Ensign is outside of the Navy, get used to being treated like a redheaded stepchild.

whoever you need to contact for ADT has a personal email... call the Admin dept and have them email that to your personal email.

most likely not, theres a difference between shore Sailors and Operational Sailors...

I don't think it's entitlement to expect people to do their job. That said, OP should be very appreciative of the fact he is an officer. If you think your experience was bad, just imagine how it would've been if you were just some young seaman.

It's not like I walked in and expected them to call attention on deck. He asked my rank and I told him. I would've been fine on first name basis. Each and every person in that building was fucking off in one way or another and I don't give a damn so long as they quit dicking the dog long enough to help the few people that come in for help.

>"I'm an O1"
What a fucking bootenent. Nobody cares sir.

>How are we a superpower when 75% of the people I've interacted with in the military are profoundly retarded
Because the other 25% are treated like slaves.

The US military in general has been turning into more and more of a joke since '91. Everything is politically correct now, you have to let in fags and trannies and women no matter how damaging for morale or unit cohesion it is, and regardless of whether or not they have meet the standards, because you have to be diverse. We spend more time training sailors on sexual harassment than we do basic seamanship, you'd be hard pressed to find a """sailor""" that can tie even a handful of knots if they aren't a BM. You aren't allowed to say mean things anymore or discipline sailors in any meaningful way because that would hurt their feelings. It's a fucking joke.

My dad, granddad, great-grandad etc. going all the way back to the founding of this country were sailors, some naval some merchant. I grew up on stories about my dad's time on a destroyer off the coast of Vietnam, my granddad's combat experience in the Pacific on a destroyer, including the Battle of Guadalcanal. Then I did something really retarded and decided to enlist in the Navy thinking I would share those same experiences.

Spoiler alert: I didn't. I shipped out on a DDG and it was a shitshow, the whole fucking Navy is a joke now. Yeah, we might have lots of big expensive guns and fighter jets, but all of that is worthless if the people manning those weapons of war are fucking pathetic. Thank Christ I got out last year and started working commercially on tug boats, I can actually call myself a sailor now. I honestly can't wait until we finally get into a shooting war with China, it's going to be a giant fucking slap in the face to the US military and will hopefully sober us up. We've been drunk on victory for decades, and our standards have gotten pathetically low as a result. Maybe when the chinks start sinking our ships left and right the dipshits in Washington will realize it's more important to have qualified people than it is to check off all the boxes on the diversity ticket.

Attached: I'm not kidding, this is what the current US Navy considers a shellback ceremony.jpg (1200x803, 187K)

That's the nofuck experience, I was capped in absentia on that base, civie with an assault rifle walks aboard an aircraft carrier and smokes the post 15 watch. We still don't know why, or for kicks body found at front gate, you kinda get the picture

No I hear ya man. I was just saying, once they realized you were an officer they probably decided then was a good time to at least pretend to start giving a damn. As a seaman, it always felt like every time I went the admin office for anything I was spoken to in a condescending way, as if I were imposing upon them. People ask why the Navy hands out NAMs just for someone doing their job, well, because it turns out just doing what you're supposed to a lot to ask of somebody these days.

The Navy still owes me $2k because of a paperwork mix up through no fault of my own. It's been five years. All those PS's and a chief told me the Navy would reimburse me, but I'm pretty sure my paperwork never even left that office.

You joined the gay branch you fucking homo and when will you realize an O-1 gets the same respect as an E-3?

>one of the chiefs chokes on his hot pocket, the other looks at me like a deer in headlights.

Yeah right you fucking queer. I'm an E-6 and even I don't even listen to any officer below O-3.

Attached: 1540195613560.jpg (496x496, 134K)

I have the feeling that even a small war with China is going to be a fucking shitshow, because as substandard their equipment is and their training still lacking in very many areas, their spirit and professionalism is probably drastically higher.

All of Oceana is mainly just shitbag sailors scrapping by, most treating the Navy like a joke. The people in this Navy make me just want to get out after this contract.

These types of debates always focus on our equipment vs theirs, but I always wonder about their massive manufacturing ability, our increased offshoring combined with multiculturalism, and most importantly asymmetrical warfare and guerilla tactics. Western Canada has become a Chinese colony from what I understand, similar problems in Australia and New Zealand, and we already have millions of Chinese in America and plenty of them are fairly recent arrivals. You also have all the birth tourism and from what I understand most espionage is due to convincing citizens to spy by threatening their family back home. I've also read that a lot of semi illegal industry like weed dispensary are owned by Chinese groups. Also apparently the majority of Chinese language media in the West is controlled by the Chinese government.

Even if most would side with the west, which seems like a big if, then You have to imagine any half way competent intelligence officer would have several thousand sleeper agents. Imagine dozens of 5 man teams carrying out mass shootings week after week for months at a time a the beginning of a war. The dc snipers paralyzed a huge area for months. Add on top of that attacks on infrastructure and it would be a real shi t show.

Would we have the political will to round them up and put them in camps. How would the rest react? Remember that originally it was due to a Japanese pilot being captured on some small island that had less than a dozen Japanese Americans and he got freed by one of them. I would suspect that there would be a lot of aiding the enemy by Chinese americans due to the fact that a lot never really assimilated. Basically leading to non stop guerrilla warfare on our country. Especially if the target critical infrastructure or launch cyber attacks. Idk, something to think about.

>bragging about being an insubordinate asshole
The military needs to bring back flogging. Whether you like it or not, officers are your superiors. They have a commission from the US government that says they're your boss, you do not.

Its unironically because of women. I was on 2 ships during my time in. My first was all male and the second was integrated. I worked my ass off as a pact seaman but the comradery and standards made it pretty great. Second ship I barely did a fucking thing and hated it. Its literally high school 2.0 and everybody drags ass.

Shit I'm glad I didn't go Corpsman, if you're college educated and don't want to lead mouth breathers is there even a point to the military right now? Is this just the peace time Navy or is it always like this?

>Bragging about being the exact problem OP is talking about.

You sure showed us you fucking peon

I think the near 20 point spread in average IQ will be a pretty significant factor.

wow ur so cool i bet you have a huge rack and tell everyone you were in combat too

one of the last people i saw on a navy base when i was getting out was a fat pregnant nigger in booty shorts and shower shoes jay walking across the street. thats the image that always pops into my mind when someone talks about our veterans or our proud service members

Attached: 1550736507763.jpg (540x960, 68K)

Chinese are bug people dude, their ability to cooperate will depend on how the communist government is able to communicate the bad things they will do to their family. If there is a major war and they are unable to communicate these things then there will not be any of the current shenanigans.

>this butter bar butt hurt
Reading through OP’s fake and gay story was almost worth it to see you two get anally aggravated.

>Chinese are bug people dude
Does neo-Congo really have any room to talk?

You know how I can tell this is fake? Literally no one has that reaction when a twink butter bar comes in the room.

This is a very good article.
features.propublica.org/navy-accidents/uss-fitzgerald-destroyer-crash-crystal/

>Butterbar complains about competency and wants respect

Kys

I'm not even an officer, I'm just also not a retarded fuckwit who's so butthurt that he couldn't go to college that he takes it out on people who are actually educated and ambitious enough to make something of their lives.

Ahh, so you’re a neverserved who’s retarded enough to think he knows how the military works. Got it.

Hey, here’s a hint dumbass, people don’t dislike butter bars because they went to college or even because they’re officers. It’s because they’re basically brand new privates who’ve been granted responsibility and authority while largely not having the self awareness to acknowledge they’re not entirely ready for either.

>it's a fuccboi butterbar thinks hes better than everyone episode

Attached: 903aa663b2c5a374e4d09374d96b12b8.jpg (472x645, 21K)

No, I'm not a neverserved either. I was enlisted. I'm not saying you have to like O-1s, I'm not saying they're competent either because as you said they're basically an E-1 with a commission, but that doesn't change the fact that even the most senior enlisted man has no right to talk down to them or be insubordinate. The military is a professional service, or at least it is supposed to be, and you're supposed to conduct yourself accordingly. Like I said, if it was up to me insubordination would be punishable by flogging.

>senior enlisted man has no right to talk down to them

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Now I know you're a fucking pogue or a poser.

I’m going to make a guess here that you were Navy and got out somewhere around the E-3 to E-4 level. Because any NCO knows part of their job is to correct, educate, and advise new officers. Also you better bet that senior NCOs have no issue tearing into officers if they deserve it, just because you have rank doesn’t mean you get excused from being called a fucking retard if you’re acting like it.

while i was in my two best enlisted friends had STEM degrees. its not the 1800s anymore retard. plently of enlisted have prior college, there is even a student loan repayment bonus you can get for enlisting along with an extra sign on bonus for having prior college

Attached: 1550506923731.jpg (766x453, 251K)

>ITT. half the thread can't read when op is just talking about doing their fucking job

I work as a contractor in a foreign country.

Believe me, its close to 98% retards in the rest of the world. The US is a superpower because everyone else is stupider.

cs3 here ask me how you like your eggs.

Air Force is easily the most competent of all the DOD branches. However that's rapidly changing with the massive swing to using Lockheed/Boeing/whoever contractors for all technical work rather than actual airmen. Not to mention of all the branches USAF drank Obama's koolaid the most.

I work at the biggest shipyard on the West Coast and one of two that can drydock a super carrier and the number of Changs who can barely speak English walking around has convinced me there's dozens of people on base passing intel to China.

>pogue
A what

10% of Navy Chiefs are competent at their jobs and great leaders. They're always fit white males.

The other 90% are women, niggers, flips, or obese men who barely made the cut but stayed in long enough to get it.

Gone are the days of glory. The backbone of any military is a professional and competent NCO corps, and America no longer has that.

the one good navy chief i had who was three years from retirement had our resident nigger female trying to have congress demote him because while she was sitting on her fat ass in the corner one day she heard him say "bitch" (not calling her one to be clear)

POG, person other than grunt. It’s pronounced pouge though and that’s how a lot of people spell it. There’s some debate about spelling it that way vs pog, but it’s a stupid debate.

>butthurt Ensign acts dumb and complains on the internet

>and that’s how a lot of people spell it
6 years active and another 4 working for the DOD and never fucking once have I seen anyone spell it "pogue" you fucking larping faggot

Respect my rank!

Not even that guy, but I’ve seen it spelled “pogue”. Also I’ve been on active duty for 8 years and outside of Jow Forums and a few other message board I’ve never seen anybody spell out pog. So I don’t see how either of our time in service is relevant.

Yep
The women were lazy whores who would use pregnancy to get reassigned to shore duty.

I've yet to meet a really terrible CPO, even a chubby black female Chief that most people wouldn't think twice to bitch about took good care of getting me the info I needed for some NOSC task I had to do.

I'll tell you what though, GS civvies are either shit hot or lazy as sin.

Per Wikipedia pogue actually predates POG
>The form "pogue" can be found in pre-GWOT novels and books written about the Vietnam War, including in glossary entries which give no indication that the term is an acronym (c.f. The 13th Valley by Vietnam veteran John M. DelVeccio
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogue

>inb4 bitching and moaning about Wikipedia
If you think you’re right go find a source that’s isn’t “I’ve never seen it spelled that way.”

>making twice the pay to do have the work

Stop it user you're making the gold chevron BM3s angry

this is all you need to know about the modern USN.

Attached: 1547264682898.jpg (1016x1090, 389K)

Correcting, educating, and advising junior officers is not the same thing as being a condescending asshole to them and acting like you're their superior.

>56% goblina front and center
dios mio...

Attached: 1520098501409.gif (480x412, 201K)

if you have a college degree and you enlist then you're retarded and it's best you enlisted.

wow this pic is from my ship and im there on the main deck somewhere. your assessment is 100% correct

And yet that’s exactly what it sometimes calls for.

Not really, if you’re planning on making a career out of it it’s a dumb move. But if you’re looking to pay off your loans and get out it’s far easier to enlist.

This. Courteous correction of important shit is good whether the guy likes it or not. If I was jacked up or about to do something dumb I'd welcome an E1 telling me so.

Being admin lmao

I've seen some shitty chiefs in my time, and they definitely weren't isolated to any particular race. The worst chief I ever knew was an obese white master chief who, upon finding out I didn't plan to reenlist, tried convincing me to stay basically by telling me I'd be a complete failure as a civilian.

Seeing as this is a predominantly Navy thread, how yall feel about switching the Navy Jack back to the stars? I'm gonna miss the snek.

Attached: 1024px-US_Naval_Jack.svg[1].png (1024x726, 58K)

The snake is fucking retarded, I don't know why we got rid of the stars anyways. It don't matter, none of this matters.

>O1
>anyone caring
fuck off

That's "Fuck off, Sir"

>look at how smart i am! i signed up for a longer service contract than those stupid enlisted pukes!

Navy combat would be worse then infantry combat by a mile.
Just look at ww2
>Japan readying planes for takeoff and attack
>us planes see them first and drop a few bombs
>bombs hit the open fuel lines and ammo out in the open
>the the ship is blow away and half the crew burns to death, ship still floats but is a burnt out wreck full of charred corpses

Attached: h73065.jpg (694x487, 88K)

NEWSFLASH: THE US MILITARY IS A GOY-ENSLAVEMENT DEVICE. NEVER. EVER. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO THEM.

That's the Japs fault. American ships had much better damage control.

Japanese crews were taught to abandon damaged compartments and call for a damage control team. American crews were taught to begin damage control immediately instead of abandoning the compartment. So in the case of a fire, Jap ships would burn uncontrolled until a DC team showed up; whereas American crews would start firefighting efforts immediately.

Another big problem the Japanese had was that their ships ran on crude oil, not diesel. Crude naturally off-gases volatiles, so ruptured fuel tanks would exacerbate any fires, even ones that were nowhere near the tanks.

I'm 100% sure the move is politically motivated because the first jack (the Gadsen) has the connotation of supporting individual rights and freedoms, and opposition to tyrannical government, and we can't have that become an accept belief now can we.

>How are we a superpower when 75% of the people I've interacted with in the military are profoundly retarded?

Because its usually around ~95% in most militaries.

Japanese ships did not run on "crude oil" and American ships did not run on diesel. Ships burn "Bunker C," which is a thick fuel oil but it is not the same thing as crude oil. The entire US fleet at that time was obviously steamers like every other ship in the world (with a few exceptions of diesel engines). American ships ran on Bunker C just like every other ship.

Furthermore, Bunker C (and crude for that matter) is not more volatile than diesel, it's the exact opposite.

t. Merchant Mariner

jokes on you, every navy is worse.

You got it all wrong, we're Neo-Brazil

I've read that most large ships are supposed to run on diesel these days for emissions reasons but they typically just run bunker C and then switch over to a diesel decoy tank if they are approaching a harbor and they think their fuel will be inspected. Is there any truth to this?

Yes and no. Nowadays most deep-sea ships are slow-speed diesels, they run on HFO (Bunker) when at sea speed, once you get closer to shore you switch over to diesel both for emissions and because the engines need diesel in order to operate at maneuvering speeds. It's not like it's illegal for them to use Bunker C and they have to hide it though, it's just the way the engines are designed nowadays and also most countries have emission laws now. You should have seen places like Long Beach or Oakland back in the day when steamers were allowed to just burn on their bunkers the whole time, including while sitting at port. The fucking air would choke you, man.

That was my first thought too. It's resemblance to the yellow Gadsden flag probably triggered some lefties, or if it didn't, the Navy might have anticipated it could in the future.

Even if that did play a role in the decision, I imagine it was only a very small factor. The First Jack was only ever meant to be temporary, so it should have been expected that at some point we would return to the U.S. Union Jack, which by the way has much more traditional value in the Navy than the snek.

Attached: 175[1].gif (640x400, 27K)

Or it could have just been because the snake looks stupid and lots of people bitched about it. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Ok neverserved.

>proving his point

>How are we a superpower when 75% of the people I've interacted with in the military are profoundly retarded?
This is how, faggot

Attached: RIMPAC 3.webm (854x480, 802K)

That doesn't disprove his point. An average naval vessel has a handful of intelligent people who do everything that matters and 300 absolute crayon-eating mongoloids who eat the stores and clean the heads

I think its bullshit to fight wars for Israel too, jackass. But what wrong for voluntarily serving for your country.

Attached: Screenshot_20180115-172017.png (1920x1080, 981K)

>washed out of boot for complete bullshit, told I'll never re-enlist
>see the state of the navy right now
You know what, I think I didn't do too bad.

All dem ships yet the US still got conquered! How many shots have these ships fired to defend the US?
Zero.

>washed out of boot for complete bullshit
Someone caught you and your rack mate jacking each other off in the showers after taps?

You know those aren't all Americans in your webm, right?

can second this. Koreans/ Viets/Japanese are always on the up and up, but, talking to other countries is a YIKES waiting to happen.