/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Barrel Component Alignment Edition
>Thread #778

Old thread here

Attached: 1503797319951.jpg (1713x964, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346574
akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142834
youtube.com/watch?v=_sNDTdKQNVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

>a saiga is born

Thanks m8 I have like no pics left

I'm gonna try and give neutrogena another go and see if I can make it work somehow, given that so many are adamant by it I feel like maybe theres something I missed. Not having high hopes though, nothing I had would soak it up the times I tried it no matter what (despite soaking up penetrol like a sponge)

AK is made for lefthandedCHADS do not @ me

To the guy with the suppressed m85np, do you still have the original m85 barrel?

My NPAP is overgassed as fuck. Even with an upgraded spring there's still contact between the BCG and rear trunnion, though not severe, and I'm concerned about premature wear.

What do? A KNS adjustable piston is the obvious answer though I'm reluctant to drop a $150 part into a rifle I paid $500 for. I'm also leery of the ghetto piston mods I see where people cut the piston head with a dremel?

Thoughts?

>Even with an upgraded spring there's still contact between the BCG and rear trunnion
And? You know this is normal right? Piston pop is the whole reason why AKs are shit at being suppressed. Get a buffer if you're so worried.

Rubber recoil buffer? amd65tech has some for $20.

Can someone give me pics of AK parts kits builds where the original factory markings and shit are replicated on the new receiver? Buddy wants to do a milled polish build for his first AK.

>I'm also leery of the ghetto piston mods I see where people cut the piston head with a dremel?

Better to do that and buy some gay $150 pistol that's gonna get clogged and siezed anyway.

Who's building a Galil? Does anyone make railed gas tubes for them? CNC Warrior or Tortort receiver?

Attached: 31aug17_galilkit-2017_mid01.2f.jpg (700x382, 22K)

built mine on an ohio rapid fire works (required milling to get into spec)

Attached: flying galil.jpg (630x405, 42K)

Yeah that's why I wont be getting an ORFW.

long hair don't care

Attached: imagine the smell.jpg (489x400, 47K)

Use whoever promises you the build you want. Talk to the builder and see what they prefer.

Better luck going to google friend.

Seconding what the other user said, if you cant find anything detailed just try and find some good pics

There are good examples on algorithm, maybe on the files too. What exactly is he looking for? Selector markings/notches? Proof marks? Arsenal markings?

>autocorrected akforum to algorithm
That’s what I get for phoneposting.

Barrel component question kind of
How can i mount a sling to the front of my ak if the handguard retainer doesnt have the metal loop for one?

Yikes, hope your heat treatment is good too though. Fingers crossed.

If it is tuned right isn't the carrier supposed to come to a stop just before contacting the rear trunnion?

What exactly are you concerned about? It sits pretty low, and in the RS Regulate set up, it will sit even lower as compared to the B33. I can C-Clamp and my thumb doesn't obscure the FOV. I might be switching to a micro red dot though anyway to save weight.

>Bulgarian furniture
>Cheese grater
>Zenit CH
>Magpul grip
Needs an ALG Trigger, and perhaps a different grip. IDK. I like the look though.

I don't, sorry. I have tried them though and they're arguably the best Gorka available.

I dig it. Specs?

Attached: DSC03613.jpg (3662x2404, 2.4M)

Loop in the hole of your front sight post.

What's the easiest way to get a WASR stock off? Mine is being a stubborn bitch.

take the screws out, then whack the end of the stock on a carpeted floor one side at a time until it loosens up.

>If it is tuned right isn't the carrier supposed to come to a stop just before contacting the rear trunnion?
Kind of a weird question. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible or why you couldn't consider it "correct" if so, but at the same time no factory AK (or at least that I'm aware of) has ever done this so I'm not really sure there's a bar to be held for what's correct and what's not, and I can only assume it would be a pain to get your rifle to land in that sweet spot while also reliably cycling sticky steel case.

wedge a screwdriver behind it and lever it out. Don't be afraid to whack it, it might dent it up but nobody will ever see that part, even when installed

2kalash

Attached: 20190221_224453.jpg (1960x4032, 3.63M)

The BCG isn't supposed to hit the rear trunnion, dude. AKs are by default overgassed but if it's hitting too hard it can cause all kinds of issues over time, including shearing rivets and breaking the receiver.

Attached: DSC03626Censored.jpg (3655x2695, 3.47M)

Yes but if your AK isn't doing that at an obscene round count then it's a hot pile of shit, arguably.

The rifle in question () has 6000 rounds through it. Ideally it will last at LEAST 6000 more and I'd like to everything in my power to make sure that happens

you mean like a PSAK? akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346574

Just sold a shit pistol for 100 what AK related shit should I buy?

Exactly, you're in pretty good standing if it's just minimal wear you notice at this point. Still, if you're that worried just get a recoil buffer. I put one in my Draco just for good measure myself

Bakelite handguard set

what pistol?

>recoil buffer
lern2physics dude, those things actually increase the amount of force imparted by the impacts.

>receiver broke at 700rds
>people still defend these guns
Good god...

Attached: 1469607841807.png (558x744, 428K)

Recoil buffers are actually detrimental, here's a quick read akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142834
tl;dr buffers were nothing new during the AKs production and we're specifically designed without it
no no you see it was just that gun my psak is fine which means all are fine

[Chortles in Russian]

Attached: 2fcd6752ba80161643474c05a9254438.jpg (410x600, 44K)

Reminder that that one range with lots of FA guns in Vegas has stated their AKs tend to run to 100k rounds before serious issue (rails breaking). If your AK can't handle 100k rounds on semi auto, it isn't fit to be called an AK.

Yeah too bad they offered nothing to back that up besides "take our word for it lol"
They also claim to never have shot out a WASR barrel in over 100k rounds, which you should absolutely be skeptical to believe.

They consider a barrel shot out well past when anybody using the gun seriously would, though. They don't care about accuracy, only that it won't kaboom. I can believe a WASR barrel would last that long if all you need it to do is hold a cartridge and make sure the bullet comes out the front.

battlefield las vegas, i believe it's called
pretty much this. they don't really give much information or got out of their way to even take any pictures of their "famous wasr". kinda like the other user they're just using it as a tube to spit bullets, and if they were careful about headspacing (which I assume they are because lawsuits) then I could kind of see it but I'm not believing it until there some proof presented.
I like AKs but I also like tangible evidence.

thanks

Attached: happy WASR.jpg (1221x777, 339K)

It contacts the rear by design; sure you could try to tune it, but the rifle was meant to be select fire, and to operate reliably. That necessitates a degree of overgassing to prevent issues that would arise from high volumes of fire between cleaning and stuff like that

>My head is bloody, but unbowed

Attached: 1004-THAILAND-BOUT.jpg (900x600, 112K)

Is the user who collects hardy boys/Nancy drew video games still around?

Sounds like some shit trueblack would do

They sure as shit didn't bother with that instrument with the rifle I had from CUGIR. Sights were badly canted.

Sights can get canted from tons of shit. Regard the cut on your windage drum and if its aligned with the notch below it, that's factory zero. You can figure out how straight the sights originally were from there.

Not really surprising, I've seen plenty of saigas with canted components too. There is a good fit (like with m70's/m72's) between the trunnion ears and rsb on most saigas, so they usually aren't canted too severely, but I had a saiga .308 years ago that had more clearance in the trunnion ears and that rsb was so canted that it interfered with carrier travel due to interference with the part prior to the gas piston. Saigas are neat but they aren't without their own flaws.

youtube.com/watch?v=_sNDTdKQNVU
PS you're dumb

I mean, it made contact with the rear of the receiver like 6 times in that video so...

And it also didnt make contact plenty of times. What's your point? Are you implying the times it did make contact, it was on par with what the vast majority of people own? Because it was most definitely a slight tap in comparison the the absolute slamming the BCG does usually.
Any other goalposts you want to move?

AK bolt contact is completely normal. If the bolt doesn't contact the rear trunnion to some degree, it would make it so undergassed that it would likely fail to strip the case out. Watch some videos of AKs in high speed. It looks violent as hell. That's why quality forged components are required.

which zenitco handguard furniture can fit on an AMD-65 ? i already looked on the different model and looked what kind of weapons they are supposed to fit but i still have some doubt, will it require some machining to make the bottom part fit ?

Don't do what that retard told you to do and slam it on the carpet. Take the recoil spring out as well as the stock screw. Use a flathead screwdriver to lever it out.

>didn't make contact plenty of times
I re watched it and out of 10 shots, 7 hit the back of the receiver. Whats your point? Any goal posts you wanna move?

AMDs have a narrower lower handguard retainer to fit the sheet metal lower handguard. I don't know if you need the lower retainer, or it just goes under the whole thing. If not, the rest of the dimensions Are the same with the exception of gas tube length.

>Are you implying the times it did make contact, it was on par with what the vast majority of people own? Because it was most definitely a slight tap in comparison the the absolute slamming the BCG does usually.

thanks for the answer

Friend is trying to sell me his arsenal ak for $900 it has a folding stock and it comes with a optics mount. Is it worth it?

Attached: 20181104_085810.jpg (2560x1440, 2.14M)

Pic related

>milled and folding
yeesh pass on that abomination

That’s true black user

Of course it is

Attached: 20180519_090133.jpg (193x212, 25K)

If your worried about wear just replace the recoil spring with a brand new one. If you genuinely shot 6k+ and your rear trunnion isn’t beat out of the receiver, it’s fine. Avoid buffers, they are shit.

highly recommend you take it out and try and high strength spring instead

Offer him $800 but only if he can find the cleaning rod.

To those on the subject, what's a stronger recoil spring, ALG or Wolff?

Attached: top wew.jpg (1265x539, 150K)

alg

I'd take the durability of milled over the weight reduction of stamped any day

show me a picture of a worn out stamped receiver.

you're going to have a more accurate rifle because your optic mount will move less between shots from receiver flex. I think milled bulgys are nice, but I don't know how good their barrels are.

I'm sure their barrels are quite durable but kit AKs with cheap American barrels consistently shoot more accurately than milspec barrels.

Wooden dowel on the tang of the stock inside the receiver, tap the other end with a mallet.

Ree

Attached: Autism.jpg (3024x4032, 2.27M)

meh, it'll be fine

lmao is this nigga again that got btfo'd last time he tried saying milled was more accurate

>apply wood glue
>???
>profit
Downside to laminate is it's prone to splitting like that with time/wear

Retard here. How accurate are the XY stampings on a Recreator 80%? Can I just drill on center or should I get a jig?

Vepr 7.62 vs Arsenal

880 vs 1250 $

Which one anons, leaning toward vepr cause russia

its gonna cost a lot more than 880 to get a proper ak style vepr

Planning to get stock adapter n such right away

Handguard I’m good with for awhile

Heard y’all niggas talkin

Attached: CFBD4F67-8574-4217-9420-819159253B95.jpg (4032x3024, 2.81M)

Nobody cares about you. Go shove your cowboy gun up your faggot ass.

its too tight

Get a jig. The XY are accurate but they actually make it more difficult to drill, the bit wants to wander.

>Nobody cares about TB
Wrong.

OC, you just want to brokeback mountain TB.

>too tight
Nah just stop being a pussy and push harder.

ALG. It's just as long but has three rungs stuck together in the middle. If the wolff spring is supposed to be a 15% increase I'd say the ALG is a solid 20-25% but maybe someone can correct me on that
TB and Zasta are the only trips I enjoy seeing

How effective is x39 against soft targets at 100/200/300 yards?
Most gel tests appear to be done at cqb distances.
What can one expect from x39 at those ranges?

I'd get the arsenal all day. It just has better features all around.
Longer barrel options are the only thing that'd draw me to the vepr.
I love my veprs, but a sporter 16" vepr is kindof a waste in 762 and 545. Even the fm veprs, which are really nice, feel like a waste in smaller calibers like that compared to having an ak with folder stock and that really nice ak-74 style brake. Again, 20"+ barrels are my main draw even on fms.
Depends on the bullet type, something like golden tiger that yaws violently at 10 yards will also yaw violently at 300. GT 762 and most 545 offerings act very similar.
I shoot it to 400 and the drop is still pretty manageable. Just aim a bit high like I do or learn to use the ladder adjustments.
I had to take a dog once, and at 100 it for sure yawed quickly and exited completely sideways. Loudest and shortest yelp I've ever heard in my life as his lungs got smashed and forced it.

Me, still receiver hunting, but going to end up doing tortort i think. Also need a wood handguard and carry handle with proper retainer.

Why not buy a throwaway dust cover and drill/tap rail to it?

>taktika tula stopped making the original night
Literally why the fuck

Attached: confused.jpg (737x600, 153K)

>If it is tuned right isn't the carrier supposed to come to a stop just before contacting the rear trunnion?

Oh look, wuggy saying retarded shit again

This.

Stop tripping, we don’t need anymore random new trips.