How accurate is this scene?

How accurate is this scene?

Kinda scary to think about if you ask me, that I could be walking in a supermarket or sitting in a restaurant and there could be a secret gunfight going on right next to me

Attached: wick.webm (1444x600, 2.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c2GchQ3orB0
youtube.com/watch?v=rPKiYlH2OgE
guns.connect.fi/gow/arcane1.html
guns.connect.fi/gow/arcane2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OrZB5n0tNAI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hollywood bullshit. Suppressors are loud.

I wish this was possible

Attached: 1550571213439.jpg (634x526, 41K)

Suppressors don’t mask the sound that much. You would still very likely hear it within a 50-100 yard distance

youtu.be/c2GchQ3orB0

I guess it could happen somewhere very loud but supermarket or restaurant doesn't seem loud enough.

Not only would people easily notice the sound of the guns, but the closest ones will run the risk of hearing loss

user, that scene was a purposeful joke. Suppressors take guns that are at Instant Permanent Hearing Loss loud and brings them down to Jackhammer loud.

The very best case you can get is a super long barrel 22lr with subsonic ammo down to around 111db at the ear which is still barely quieter than the average loudness of a football stadium or leaf blower. Not to mention the bullet hitting concrete or steel is way louder than the gunshot at that point.

Keep in mine decidable are a logarithmic scale.

Attached: suppresor db.jpg (1800x2664, 1.49M)

if you and your bros haven't traded suppressed trick shots in public you're not American. Gotta use 22 in real life though or people hear the impact

I like how right after your post, someone posted something proving you wrong. Loud yes. Loud enough for permanent ear damage by standing a few feet/yards away from suppreseed pistols... Lol no.

So 10/22 without supressor is okay? I have a ruger .22 American rimfire with the 22inch barrel (if I recall correctly) and it seems pretty quiet

>Hollywood bullshit. Suppressors are loud.

No they are not with subsonic ammunity, a barrel length sufficient and a closed bolt and a wet can you can get them down to the point where the loudest part is the click of the bolt. Unlike you I know this because I have done it.

Just shut up

Exact same setup as the OP?

>No they are not with my specific conditions that only 2% of firearms meet
with normal ammo, bolt guns are like 135 and ARs are like 142+ which still hurts after a while... I know because I have done it too...

I've gotten my 22 bolt to make less noise than my Daisy BB gun. I used subsonic CCI quiets. This wasn't with a good suppressor I'll say that much. I imagine it would be even quieter with a professionally made integrally suppressed barrel. There's this stupid trend going around the internet where everyone believes in Myth A "suppressors are extremely quiet", and then Myth A starts being debunked, and when this starts happening, brainlets start creating Myth B to prove how "knowledgeable" they are... "Suppressors are SO LOUD almost like an unsuppressed gun".

I've shot 9mm indoors in a big city multiple times with a suppressor. No one called the cops. No neighbors complained. No questions asked.

No it’ll do damage too. Every gunshot you hear unprotected is damage you will not repair (well not for the next 10-15 years, medical tech will probably be up to speed in the 2030s)

No. For culling rabbits with 22 so the other rabbits don't bolt, .22 eley 40 grain HP subtonics, Cz452 lux with replacement cocking spring in a boyds blazer pillared stock with devcon bedding, still no five silencer and a blast of oil in the silencer and a couple of other small tricks.. Not just that but the gun was far more accurate with a long silencer on it, as a weight at the end of a light barrel acts as a harmonic damper and reduces barrel whip.

shooting subsonic ammo? If so it should be.

Oh ok, then why'd you feel the need to comment?

>I've gotten my 22 bolt to make less noise than my Daisy BB gun.
Have you actually metered it at the muzzle or ear? The tone might just seem nicer. IRV8888 had a video with a 22 that had a custom super long integral suppressor and it metered a way higher than they expected.

youtube.com/watch?v=rPKiYlH2OgE

>Oh ok, then why'd you feel the need to comment?

O this bullshit
>Hollywood bullshit. Suppressors are loud.
>Suppressors don’t mask the sound that much
>Suppressors take guns that are at Instant Permanent Hearing Loss loud and brings them down to Jackhammer loud.

etc etc

I agree with you user. A lot of these noguns are just interested in firearms but have very little experience with them. I've managed to make a 9mm extremely quiet, like pellet gun quiet, and with my .22s all you hear is the action going CLICK and the thud of whatever the .22 hit.

In OP's set up though, the people would most definitely be hearing the gun shots.

So then you've made a pistol in the same setup as the OP be so quiet that you could only hear the slide manipulating?

If you are taking multiple shots no. 140db won't cause instant damage but will definitely cause cumulative damage. Put a can on it or wear ear pro.

In fact here's the gun

Attached: c17aa.jpg (546x198, 14K)

>So then you've made a pistol in the same setup as the OP be so quiet that you could only hear the slide manipulating?

Why the fuck would I use a semi if I wanted silence? You need a semi that you can set to not cycle, they exist see the x.51 Unique used by the CIGN

No, I don't have a decibel measuring device, I'd look into getting one. But it's quieter than my Daisy BB gun by a decent margin by comparison. These tests were done indoors as well. The key to a very quiet suppressed firearm is A: how well the can is built. B: can's size. C: The quality of the seal between it and the barrel. D. A closed action like with a bolt gun. E. Subsonic ammo. And F: specially designed subsonic ammo.

So you're stupid then?
OP asked if two full sized pistols with rather small cans exchanging gunfire in a crowded subway were so quiet that no one could hear anything. To which everyone replied no in fact suppressors are quite loud. Now this does not mean they're as loud as regular gunshots which is what the aspies like yourself assumed. Then you bring up a hyper specific scenario completely out of the OP to try to prove people wrong. You're doing wonders for yourself and gun owners as a whole.

Absolutely irrelevant, but what kind of coat is bald black guy wearing? It's effay.

Blast of oil in the silencer will bring it down to near silence. You could hear the click from the sear and bolt decocking louder than the shot

Attached: d11aa.jpg (480x405, 23K)

based /fa/sh core poster

I may be stupid but I know more about this than some cunt who takes information from john fucking wick movies.

>You're doing wonders for yourself and gun owners as a whole.
Yeah I missed the part where I was voted gun president there. That's because it never happened.

People should have easier access to suppressors so they could learn. Where I live, getting one is a matter between you and your wallet.

Who says my information is coming from the movie? I was answering OP in telling him that his assumptions based on the movie were incorrect. That last part of the other post was an insult since you seem to be unaware.

>People should have easier access to suppressors so they could learn

On this I agree. Fir culling pests and small game they make the process more humane and easier. They reduce any alarm to listeners as opposed to stings of gunfire, they save hearing and they actually make light barrels more accurate (I used to experiment with this a lot, see barrel tuners)

>That last part of the other post was an insult since you seem to be unaware.

stop tongue washing my salty balls, they are clean now

>they save hearing and they actually make light barrels more accurate
Yeah they improve barrel harmonics by acting as a anti-vibration damper.

What balls? Couldn't find them, nor a dick for that matter.

More than that user, there are two solutions to barrel harmonic vibration of which there are multiple waveforms, one is a heavy barrel, fluted or not the other is a light barrel with a weight on the end. Take as an example to sticks, on thick one light and whippy, see what happens when you ad a weight to the end of the whippy stick, well with the thick barrel you have more transmission of several waveforms causing rifling to distort more. Anyway, barrel tiners screw on to the same as a silencer, they have adjustable rings so you can set the weight at 7 o clock etc, some use rings you rotate some magnetic weights now take your silencer and find the sweet spot for your barrel and add a weight to that angle. Eh voilia a silencer and tuner in one. The effect is definitely greater on light barrels, I spent a lot of time plying with this and comparing results with a quality heavy barrel gun, results were slightly superior on the tuned light barrel

Maybe I drink a lot but your mother could while your father sat in the corner and cried. Maybe I tapped on your head while you were in the womb and that's what wrong with you. If that's the case I want to say I'm so, so sorry you poor challenged creature you. I'm sorry what I di top your brain. You could have been the next Einstein but now look at you All my fucking fault. I'm sorry kid. Let's hear your ideas on barrel harmonics for a laugh.

there's a heavy barrel I was testing against, it was an Anschutz 18xx series

Attached: b5aaa.jpg (511x245, 17K)

holy shit

Attached: 1453758951037.jpg (746x500, 83K)

thats the dumbest shit I've ever seen. how the fuck can you retards watch these stupid movies?

>OP asked if two full sized pistols with rather small cans exchanging gunfire in a crowded subway were so quiet that no one could hear anything

o come vback to this, yes if you had a mechanism where the slide locked and did not cycle and you handloaded a cats sneeze with a heavy bollit and had oil in the can you could probably get off one fairly quiet shot with decent lethality see below for more on cats sneeze loads
guns.connect.fi/gow/arcane1.html
guns.connect.fi/gow/arcane2.html
I give no fucks for john wick sequel movies or whatever. I do wear black suits though

Don't mind me lad, I'm just a cranky old bastard.

My local range is practically in the middle of the town, too. But prices for cans here range from trivial for .22 to "wallet says no" for anything bigger...

Well I have worked up loads for bolt action 45s that were very quiet the ammo is as or more important than the can, I prefer a lot of conical baffles in as long and thin a sleeve as possible mainly because if you have irons or a low mount scope you don't need the radius of a big can getting in the way. But the ammo is key an working up those loads is hazardous as you are going a fine line on just enough

This is the key line from those aryicles
"If the bullet velocity is 90 % or less from velocity of sound in the air, and the noise-reducing device is well-designed, the shot is SILENCED. (The author has since late 1970s called that ideal situation as an ABSOLUTE SILENCING). "

You best candidate for a two legged predator round lethal silenced round is actually a large cal with as heavy a bollit as you can load down to a sneeze and then a long can. Your problems then start with rainbow trajectories but yes, you can have very close to complete or near silence if you want to. Memes about silencers not being silent are just that or based on inexperienced folks shooting supersonic light bullets ammo from relatively short barrelled semi guns. That will get you no where close. The only integrally suppressed guns I've used to any degree were shotguns and they were ok with light impax loads but I never found integrally suppressed rifles to be much advantage over external cans and external cans were much easier to open, clean and work on.

>how accurate is this scene where two dudes are shooting each other with semi-auto suppressed pistols with no one noticing?
>it's hollywood bullshit it'd still be pretty loud
AKSUALLY IF YOU USE .22 SPESHUAL SUBSONIONS IN A SNOWFLAKE PIMPED BOLT AKSHAWN WITH DUPER LONG CAN IT WOOD BE REEEAAAALY QUIET AND UR FUKIN WRONG XD

>see black person wear thing
>I must buy that thing!
Americans are literally no more sentient than cattle. They're a race of cuckolds. I wish every tower in America was destroyed by a plane to save them from their slave genes.

You got triggered by one(1)*一*[uno] off note reply in this thread about the CLOTHING on a movie character because the character happened to be black. Got something to share with us insecure little user? To get it off your chest perhaps?

>uno
Ah yes. The language of the Amerimongrel. You're at 56% but slowly transforming into a pure abomination.

Because it's a movie made for entertainment. It's not supposed to be serious and realistic, and the rest of the film makes up for this kinda cheesy "shootout" scene.

>movie praised as having some of the most intense and realistic gunfights in cinema
>oh lol who cares if the sequel is just fake and moronic shit it's just switch your brain off fun IM AN AMERICAN AND I WANT TO EAT POPCORN AND SHIT MY PANTS ON MY RASCAL SCOOTER

You idiots can't tell your ass from a hole in the ground

I occasionally shoot .22lr subsonic from a 4" pistol barrel in the house, with downstairs neighbors, with a window open for the smoke. Even using about 3.5" of K baffles (5 short ones) it's quiet enough that nobody has ever been aware that I've been shooting. When I shoot the same CCI SV out of a short barrelled rifle with an 8" can mounted it's even quieter. With CCI Quiet it's so quiet that I've shot in the next room with door open and my wife doesn't know I've fired a shot.

That said, these idiots in the Wick scene seem to be shooting 9mm. And the guy up high has what looks like maybe 2" of a Silencerco modular can mounted, which won't even make 9mm subs hearing safe. Just barely takes the edge off. Total bullshit.

But back to having fun... A couple of years ago I was stalking a squirrel in the back alley, nobody around, middle of the day, my .22lr pistol in my pants. Spotted the critter up about 10ft in a tree just over my neighbor's fence, so I glanced around then took out the pistol, lined up and shot him. Put the pistol back in my pants (slide was locked, chamber now holding empty brass), then I heard gravel under someone's shoe about 10 feet behind me. Turned my head to see a young-ish Chinese woman looking at her phone's screen, walking up the gravel alley. She didn't look at me, so I went back to my place and did a bit of deep breathing to calm down. Could have been busted. Did a dumb thing. But damn, squirrels just piss me off. Seems her phone was more compelling than my suppressed pistol shot or my somewhat odd position up against a tall fence. Go figure. Now if Keanu and this other guy had been shooting .22lr pistols and using CCI Quiet, with very light slides and return springs to allow cycling (works on mine, doesn't work on most pistol designs), I'd almost believe the scene, sort of.

Dude get a better camera. Its not the 2000s anymore

>not knowing Spanish is a European language

Attached: PURGEMODEACTIVATE.gif (500x270, 872K)

The second one did go overboard with the suppressor scene, the bullet proof suit, and every damn person in the park is an assassin, but that catacomb scene tho.

>implying
spanish mixed with moors before the catholic revival
>t. half spic

I chalk it up to hollywood bs but to make this scene better for me I like to think its some special suppressor from the guild

By your post style, you seem old enough that you might not be a good representation of what is quiet via ear test. What volume do you set your TV to? Do you need hearing aids?

Attached: FB_IMG_1542856368126.jpg (720x704, 42K)

In a construction site it could be pulled off easily.

It could also be pulled off quite easily on a stadium during blue angels fly over. Just fuck off with obvious fucking conclusions

Hearing damage builds. Your hearing does not heal after the little receptive hairs snap. So even if your hearing comes back a few hours later, you’ve lost some levels of hearing that you most likely won’t notice. It’d be too late by the time you do notice.

I have perfect hearing thanks an have been working with silencers for 20 years. I think there is one other user on this thread that actually has a clue and its not you..

Based and true

The only time a suppressor truly makes a gun REALY quiet is with .22 subsonic, and a bolt action. All you'll hear us the firing pin click and the bullet hit the target. It's damn spooky

>That pinned author comment
This dude is based, redpilled, everything in between and he's definitely OURGUY.

ATF would like to know your location

So who's the other guy? Seems to me there are a couple who have a clue.

in my head cannon everyone else in the scene is just pretending nothing happening. it seems like everyone in john wick 2 is a criminal or secret assassin in disguise. anyways the call goes out to wack john and all the "civilians" are assassins who got the call and were like kill john wick. fuck no i want to live. so all of em are just acting like nothings happening in that firefight.

I don't know if any movie scene has ever unintentionally made me laugh so hard.

Middle school tier comeback user. Apply yourself.

>Kinda scary to think about if you ask me
I bet there are legislators who see stuff like this and try to pass laws

>bounce off his bullet proof jacket

it was a joke about how indifferent jew yorkers to their surroundings

Right then the casing hit the ground, a jew would of took notice. Also suppressors are not that quiet.

Ah yes, because they were clearly firing bolt-action .22LR rifles in the webm. Fucking moron.

>OP asks: "Can this scenario happen IRL?"
>Normal people say: "no, cans are loud"
>Spergs say: "um ackshully that's wrong, if the scenario was so completely altered as to be irrelevant to the discussion...
kys spergs

>all these people arguing about how loud the shot would be
>nobody pointing out the fact that someone would notice the fucking casings constantly falling to the ground
You disappoint me Jow Forums

>secret gunfight going on right next to me
unless you're completely deaf or they're using subsonic .22 shorts fired from rifles with silencers then this is basically impossible

I know the whole shtick about pedestrians being ignorant to anything but flashing light in their faces, but i'd think someone would've noticed the fight even if there was no noise.
You've got John walking around with blood all over his face and the noticeable silhouette of the pistol with countless people walking in the opposite direction to him but no-one bats an eye.

>where the loudest part is the click of the bolt
But that's still loud enough to attract attention if you're in a crowded area with tons of people within grabbing distance.

dont forget the gas and dust flying out and the bullet impacts making shards of rock and dust fly everywhere

Totally accurate. It's a world where massive crime syndicates are unchecked and no one fucks with them. The average person in that subway probably witnesses several murders a day, drug deals, and intense Mad Max death races daily. Niggies just wanna go home and eat some Chinese food.

Attached: 1549085726116.jpg (1031x965, 181K)

If you're going to nitpick why didn't you complain about perkins in the first one?
youtube.com/watch?v=OrZB5n0tNAI
Those 4 guys would have likely all hit one another the way they did it.

Anyway I think it's obvious most of the people in that station were Winstons street theater mobbing by temporary automatons for targeted individuals. It's pretty easy to piece together after the end scene.

Not caring that there's a gunfight happening right next to you in a New York subway because you don't want to be late? 10/10, totally accurate.

Complete bullshit. Suppressors on 9mm yield 125-130dbSPL 1m from the muzzle. You are getting instant hearing damage from that.

>140dbSPL being acceptable
Jesus christ, no.

That chart is complete crap. 130dbSPL for less than a second causes a degree of permanent hearing loss. The dbSPL range is not linear, it is exponential.

>user
Perfect hearing, to go with your immaculate ability to read.

Humans perceive short sounds to be quieter than long sounds. You think 120dbSPL for .125 of a second is a lot quieter than 120dbSPL for 5 seconds. The .125 seconds of 120dbSPL might not hurt but that does not change the sound pressure level your ears were exposed to.

No. Wrong. It will cause instant damage. How does it cause cumulative damage with out causing instant damage.

Repeated exposure to anything above 85 db can cause hearing loss.

Suppressed handgun at close range will ring between 110 and 120.

bumping

Why dumbass?

Because I can. Also because this can serve as a discussion thread for suppressors.

2000-2010 = 2000s
2010-2020 = 2010s

Secret gun battles happen more often than you think. Pay close attention to your surroundings and you might see one. I was sitting at Starbucks the other day and these guys were totally having a John Wick right there in the store. Every time the coffee grinder would go, they'd be shooting all sorts of shots at each other. I kept turning my head real fast to catch them but they were pretty good at being subtle. One guy tried to play it off like he was just pointing at something and the other started talking on his gun like it was a phone thinking I'd buy it. Got up and left before things got really hairy. I wonder what kind of secret spook shit is going on in my city...

Sure, yeah, we can say silly things about suppressors and super-sneaky assassins. And I guess that's how the thread started, so yeah, fine. But suppressors are rather useful devices, and I don't think it's very far fetched to imagine that within a couple of decades ALL police and military will be using them simply for hearing protective reasons. So why not just talk about suppressors here?

These work well with .22lr.

Attached: nested_small_K_baffles (2).jpg (1200x504, 92K)