A 3-9x scope for <100yds woods hunting?!

>be me
>go to local big bogs sporting goods store
>ask to see low power (1.5-4x) optic for my CZ527 in .223 "for woods hunting, max 300 yards" - basically a scout rifle
>"well all those low-power scopes are more for ARs, let me show this 3-9x, it's the best all-around and works great for woods hunting"
What the fuck? 3x for woods hunting? If you present a rifle on a deer at woods hunting ranges and you're limited to 3x, all you're gonna see is a patch of fur. 2x is a bit better, but... I know it's his job to sell me the biggest and most expensive stuff, but a fucking 3-9x for

Attached: DSCF0511_zps870cb6a6.jpg (640x480, 63K)

stop reposting your gay story and opinion

I bet you're the damn store clerk who recommended the 3-9, aren't you?

Attached: 22222.jpg (600x450, 49K)

For the range you're talking about, just use iron sights.

Quit your damn crying. Just use iron sights if you are going to have a meltdown at anyone elses suggestions

Deer are cute and I don't think you should shoot at them.

>300
>not using irons
Come on mang
They're adorable, but also delicious. And you unfortunately need to shoot them to get the yummy bits out.

This thread again?
Look we already talked about this OP. Magnification is useful as hell and (surprise surprise) no one cares that some retail slave was trying to sell you something.
If you don't want a fancy light up crosshair simply do not turn it on. It's that easy. There are plenty of low powered non-illuminated scopes. No shit a store isn't going to be carrying older cheaper scopes.
>What the fuck? 3x for woods hunting? If you present a rifle on a deer at woods hunting ranges and you're limited to 3x, all you're gonna see is a patch of fur. 2x is a bit better, but...
Yeah this makes sense... if you're about 30y from your target.

deer are nature's suicide bombers, just waiting to jump in front of your car or motorcycle and murder you

Yeah why would you want more magnification to help you shoot more accurately... Pic related
OP sounds like he bought a scope then tried to zero it for 4 hours with 100+ rounds and simply got frustrated and they refused to refund him.

Attached: NEW-Blaser-INFINITY-Line-of-Hunting-Rifle-Scopes-8.jpg (528x298, 22K)

Your autism is large OP. I've hunted east Texas my whole life and all the deer I've killed were around 100 yards or less. I shoot a 3x9 and sometimes it's not enough. We have a antler restriction rule and it has to be 13" wide or an unbranched antler on one side to be legal. You know how hard it is to judge 13" 100 yards away with a 3x9. I bought a 4x16 and it's much better, but even at 200 yards it lacks.

Attached: Untitled.3.jpg (1280x800, 75K)

crank any optic you have to 3x and aim at something in your house, it's easy to align on a target.
I even have an old fixed 10x swfa and aside from having to adjust the focus (normal with these kinds of optics when changing range) I can still line up a fine shot at 10 yards.

No op but i dont shoot "at" them. Taste to good to not shoot them

While I agree I just have to say accuracy =/= precision. Easy on paper, but if the paper was a single sheet of a uniform color and you have no context of where to shoot you won't be precise; where as less magnification and better field of view would help. It's a mixture of magnification and field of view that makes scopes so handy.

Again I agree with what you've said but I can also understand what OP is saying; but he's obviously never used a scope properly in his life if he thinks 'itz jus a patch of fur at 3x!' unless he's only shot deer from(and I just checked quick with one of my scopes) about maybe 3-4m

more magnification doesn't make you more accurate. In fact, too much magnification can make it worse.

Based and truthpilled

how much zoom do you think 3x is?

I don't understand why you're so assblasted about this, autism-user. You've already made half a dozen threads about this, and the story never fucking gets any better.
Some people are hard of seeing. Some people prefer to see shit up close when they hunt, to get locked in. You're just a filthy fucking autist.

Attached: DtMGX5A.png (1125x1470, 1.94M)

Stop reposting this retarded ass story.

>Ask to see low power (1.5-4x) optic
>clerk recommends 3-9x
>Wtf 3x is too much
Nigger 3 is between 1.5 and 4. It's what you asked for stop being such a turbo autist.

Good luck with quick, instinctive snap-shooting with a 3-power at close ranges

Attached: IMG_20190119_170144.jpg (582x485, 75K)

Nobody is interested in your shitty blog post. Dude behind the counter just wanted to sell you another product. 3-9 is fine for less than 100 yards dont be a sperg.

Not even that user, but thank you; I don't have any problems whatsoever finding a target within 50 yards with a 3x scope because I'm not a fucking complete moron.

It requires no luck.

How do you shoot a deer? From a giant cannon?

>what people who have no natural target acquisition say
do you not shoot often or just have poor spacial skills

This has gotta be bait, there is no way someone is this retarded.

>Being able to see what you're shooting at is bad
Okay spergo

If you want to go all tacticool snap shooting on durr then buy a red dot and a magnifier retard.