The Gun That Got Away

What gun do you regret NOT buying and haven't seen since?

Attached: L-B-4-Buyer_s-Remorse-.jpg (800x533, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/11/15/australian-leader-t2-rifle-to-be-made-in-usa/
youtube.com/watch?v=e0IvoKwvEbs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last Christmas I found a no4 mk1 for 299 at a pawnshop

Attached: 1539408512810.jpg (660x716, 53K)

could have got two browning high powers for 400$ each last year

On my 16th birthday I found a pristine Jungle Carbine in a pawnshop for $150. Went back the next day with my dad and I was gone

Attached: 2DD8C549-3912-414B-A29F-AB9F33AE572B.jpg (667x659, 27K)

I almost had the chance to hop on a third pin MAK90 a guy was trying to claim ignorance and sell, but I waited too long and someone noticed and reported the auction.
He admitted to me over the phone he knew fully well what he had and has since the 90s, but was trying to get someone to unknowingly snag it off his hands.

A repro similar to this. Never seen another out at the LGS again

Attached: image.jpg (640x281, 20K)

Took me forever to get my vent rib Saiga 12. Must've had it slip away from me 5 times before I could finally get one
Damn that sucks, sorry friend

SA marked Swedish Mauser. Hesitated because it was in 6.5x57 and then it was gone

I saw a Mauser C96 at my LGS last year, couldn't afford to buy it

this specific gun

Attached: hundredanndsixtiedollar20gaugeleveractionshotgun.png (556x389, 41K)

Cheap Vz58s three years ago, and a Vepr in either .30-06 or 6.5 Grendel back in 2017.

An old Spanish 10 Guage coach gun for $200. Great condition being sold in a old man's estate sale but just had my transmission blown out and couldn't justify it. Being poor sucked.

Winchester 1200 stainless marine. Some old fudd wanted like 375 for it at a gunshow years ago. Havn't seen one since.

new made hi powers

A Hakim for $175.

A 1917 Danzig Gewehr 98 with Einwohnerwehr Beyern Freikorps marks on the stock and Czechslovak military district markings on the receiver. It sold for $450; at the time I thought two Gew.98 were enough.

Attached: Soldier_of_the_Freikorps_Eiserne_Division.jpg (720x1136, 110K)

Jericho 941 in .40 for $350.

Still mad.

Attached: image.png (220x183, 62K)

I could've gotten a Glock mag Keltec Sub2k for $200. Should have done it, but I didn't. I don't really need a Sub2k for any reason, but that price was a steal and I haven't seen one for that cheap since.

Perfect condition SPAS 12, folding stock with the hook, magazine extension, ramp front sight, and updated safety for $1600 OTD about 2 or 3 years ago.
I hesitated on it for a day because I was poor. Came in the next day to put it on layaway and it was gone.

>inb4 spas 12 a shit
doesn't stop it from being one of my dream guns

Attached: 1542214559729.jpg (821x394, 45K)

A No4 mk1 back when they were $250 in pristine condition.

Dakota Arms M76 in .375 H&H, one of their higher end Safari models with graded walnut. $7700+ rifle was on clearance at a big box store for $1200, decided not to buy it since I was on vacation at the time.
Second to that is a Sako 85 Finnlite .308 for $839, same price I paid for my NIB 85 Bavarian also on clearance. Problem is I sold my Bavarian because I hit hard times and am still in the market for a nice hunting rifle, since the Tikka I had just didn't feel right.

Attached: 1512333614341.jpg (436x413, 38K)

>tfw don't let guns get away anymore

I mean I had to take cash out of my Thrift Savings but now I have a Mark 23

Could buy a luger p08 for 500, but i decided to go with a 1911 for 700.

Have i been completely retarded, pls tell me i havent done wrong.

Yes you have. I'd buy that luger right now if I could.

Since it was switzerland it might be not even a german made luger.

A Confederate captured Springfield 1861 at Cabela's.
Came with original enlistment papers, the proper paperwork that traced its origins from its capture and use, and even had a few ancient photos of the original owner.
It was beautifully displayed in a long box and the condition of it wasn't bad either.
Felt a bit sorry for it because the owner that sold it to Cabela's was obviously family, a descendant of the Confederate soldier that used it.

They were asking about $1300 for it, but at the time I just wasn't that interested.

Attached: 71737179_p0.png (1756x2479, 2.62M)

Walther P38 at a gun show about nine years ago. They were like $500 back then, but I bought a Springfield 1911 as my first gun for $700 instead. I bought a postwar P1 for $500 last year to scratch that itch, but still.

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.png (1070x601, 507K)

>$700 Hakim
>$750 funky sight Saiga 12
>K11 and 1911 longboi Swiss rifles back when they were $300 a pop in good condition
>those few small batches of P38s

Attached: 1487817070725.jpg (678x516, 69K)

Guns, Girls, why beat yourself up? There's plenty of outside forces that are going attempt to do that for you, son.
"Things could've been this way or that way”
What does that even mean? Things are not some other way, they are this way.

a K98 at LGS, friends think some old fart passed away and his wife liquidated his guns there because they ended up buying a 1975 ruger revolver

when a Gander mountain was going out of business, they had a very long slide USP in .45 for about $380 in the used guns. I was somewhat un-informed about guns at the time, and thinking back im worried it may have been a MK23.

Mk 23

They're still out there. Over $2000 but you can still find them.

nagant revolvers when they were $99

a vetterli rifle for $140 at a gun show

just missed out on a mossberg 500 for $100 that had a bubba pistol grip but i have an extra stock for...

traditions blunderbuss kits were available up until early this year, kicking myself for that.

you think a functional P38 with matching frame and barrel but non-matching slide is worth 500?

Original, one-owner Leader T2 for 800 bucks circa late 2014.
The guy bought it in the 80s and kept it in the safe ever since. 18 year old me was fascinated but wanted a 3d printer more than that rifle. Stupidest decision I've ever made.

No idea. I guess it's alright if you don't care about the collector's value so much.

Those $400 police trade in pre-lock Model 60’s a year back.

I am such a fool.

Attached: CF0D8D5E-32D0-4461-B5CD-78AF792417EE.gif (488x519, 400K)

CAI c93 off GunBroker. They used to be plentiful and fairly cheep only a year ago. I had the money etc but spent it more responsibly. Now they are scarce and much more expensive.

HS-10 for $800. It's not even a good gun it just looks cool as hell.

I would have liked one of those national guard 870's recently. I REALLY like the 870 but nuremington a shit.

Benelli M4 for $850 used, I had a PTR on layaway at the time because I was ultra poor then, so couldn’t afford both.

I’m still craving that semi auto shotgun though, it’s the only gap in my collection besides PCC, full size bolt gun, and precision rifle.

A couple of years ago a man at a local gun show had a table full of SVT 40's for$600 each and I passed it up. Just shoot me.

>family friend's grandpa had a national arsenal-tier collection
>had pretty much every unicorn gun you could think of that he sold for well under market value to liquidate ASAP
>got a nice Anschutz-manufactured .22 for super cheap but missed out on all the truly cool shit by a few weeks/months

Attached: 1480115553609.jpg (252x212, 20K)

They are this way because I didn’t go back that way. Regret is a painful thing, user.

Fuck that hurts. You could have bought 2 and put one on gunbroker and basically gotten an SVT40 for free. And I thought I was bad missing out on a $1000 SVT40 this past fall.

Fear not user: thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/11/15/australian-leader-t2-rifle-to-be-made-in-usa/

pls
>be leaf
>get into guns 5 years ago pretty much to the day
>can get a SVT-40 plus a case of ammo for about 400 syrups
>nah
>the gun itself is 800 now if you're lucky

Attached: 1529875530352.jpg (472x480, 35K)

Got mine (in .40) for $380

Attached: 1550634305008.jpg (639x624, 43K)

Yes. Don't indulge in regret. Don't waste time with it. If you knew now what you knew then you would've done it differently.
When you start to regret just remember: you did what you thought was right at the time and you can't change that now. you can only change this timeline. You have to deal with this reality and it goes alot better if you stop making yourself miserable over something you can't change.

Pre Sandy Hook AES10B for $550

I usually find something better right after I commit.

>Buy new S&W because live in CA and don't want to have to suck 30 dicks for ****OFF ROSTER***** [VERY RARE!!!!!] pre-lock gun in questionable condition
>Not like they ever show up at gun stores anyways
>Like a week after I find a fucking pristine 686 for a few hundred less than I paid for my new one.
>Oh.

I still like my 686+, it works and I can customize the hell out of it without feeling bad like I would with a pre-lock, but shit. I could have had a classic.

>I hesitated on it for a day because I was poor. Came in the next day to put it on layaway and it was gone.

If it makes you feel any better, some Army user posted a week or so ago about his SPAS and how it fucking sucked and was stupid heavy lol, and how he was selling it the second he got back in the states

They're neat, but there's a reason you don't see them a lot in service use

>people buy meme guns for the functionality and not the "cool factor"

Colt Anaconda in .45LC.

>2005
>go to pawn shop to buy an AR15
>all over $1100
>see a weird bull pup
>guy tells me it’s a French piece of shit and is used
>price tag was $500
>lol I don’t want this piece of surrender shit
>buy Winchester 1300 instead of anything else
>see Famas online years later
>realize there is only like 90 in the US
>try to forget about it ever since but can’t

>$700 Hakim
I picked one up for $605 on Gunbroker last month, albeit in well-worn condition. They're out there.

I chose a fucking Draco over this, both costing the same, and even after SBRing said Draco I still hate it and wish I'd made a different choice.

Attached: psl-2590-4k.jpg (3840x2560, 508K)

If it makes you feel better the P-38 is an incredibly underwhelming shooter.

I don't believe you

The P1 is an objectively a better gun than the P38. Unless you're a wehraboo I don't think you missed out on much.

Meh. I suppose it could be a fair price depending on other factors.

I passed on a five seven for 450 bucks at a pawn shop, but I ended up getting a west german P226 instead for 300 and I love it so I'm not really that mad. I'm not super into five sevens but I figure I'll probably never get a chance to own one for cheap again.

The 226 was the better buy and being w german it has some collector's value. FiveseveNs are plastic meme trash and $450 is what MSRP should be on them.

Famas is super reliable though, it looks like shit I agree

Thank you

That doesnt count poorfag.

You done the EXACT opposite of what you want.
How does that make you feel?

Passed up a nickel smith 629 for 500$ came back the next day and someone already put money down on it.
Its ok though because i have a 28 now that i traded for a 300$ tv

Quality post, fren.

Passed on a US trials rifle. Still had the matching bayonet.
Have had 3 people offer to sell me PTRSs and even a couple 25mm Puteauxs. Starting to get expensive now that there's more interest.

10 gauge Ithaca road blocker

a k98 on gunbroker a year ago, it was a mismatch but not Russian capture byf 44 in amazing condition with a pristine stock. sold for $675 which i couldn't justify since i had just bkught a gun when it popped up

I know it's not a good or practical gun. I love it because seeing it in movies and vidya is what got me into guns, and I love how it looks.
Hopefully that army user comes back soon, maybe I'll buy it off him.

Attached: 1517017136029.webm (1280x696, 2.8M)

A 1918 T-gewehr anti tank rifle for 300 syrups
>gunshow last year
>first day just opened
>see thicc mauser
>think it's some weird sporterized thingy and buy an SKS instead
Fuck

Attached: 10GermanAntiTankRifleModel1918.jpg (650x574, 61K)

VP70 for $600

Jow Forumsommandos deserve to be happy and successful. I want to live in a world populated by you and the children you raise. If I can give you one thing that helps with that, I'm glad.

That fucking Haitian mauser. Maybe I'll see it tomorrow.

A real deal preban HK 91 on gunbroker last month for 1800 (i bid 1600)

SITES Spectre at my local gun show for 1300 (looked pristine)

1600 HK MARK 23 because the dude ceracoted the slide.

Valmet at my local gun show for 2400 (beautiful)

During 2008 panic SPAS 12, I bought a SIG 556 Patrol for MUH Adsault rifle.

I am a dumbass. The real shitter is that I could have afforded any of these, but I talked myself out of it.

Fuck. Pic relate as the one that did NOT get away.

Attached: 2018-11-30 08.21.26.jpg (1199x674, 612K)

This, car problems always make me second guess shit

PSLs are pieces of shit and you shouldn't feel bad about not owning one.
I bought one back when they were ~$600 on GB and then got one of the bigger 6x (or was it 8x?) scopes once I was bored of 4x. It looks super cool, and even with shitty spamcan ammo it was pretty accurate... for about 2 shots and then the barrel got hot and there was literally no way to know where the third shot would go.
Boy do they look cool though.

It's just cool having a gun that was used in WWII. On the plus side, I don't feel bad about shooting a P1 that was made in the 80's, and it has all the factory upgrades to shoot modern ammo. I would probably shoot a WWII gun once, and then baby it forever.

Crates of SKSs. I could've gotten one for for like $150-$200. But I was young and convinced I had no need for a semi automatic rifle. I'd only ever get to use handguns I thought.

Why was I so retarded!?

A captured Japanese Nambu that a sailor from the USS Hoe SS-258 captured and had serialized by the ship and it had all the documents.

As a former Submariner I should be shunned for not buying it

Attached: 28fj3w.jpg (633x758, 62K)

None. All the guns I wanted to buy but couldn't were either never produced, never imported, or stopped being produced before I was aware they exist.

LGS is run by an AR-tactifudd who can't into current slavshit prices. His uncle died so he put his combloc stuff on the wall at the shop. I let an Ohio Ordinance Works VZ58 slip through my fingers, some fucker literall bought it in front of me as I was walking in. For $425.

I was so butthurt. I went back the next day and bought snagged milled mak-90 he had with a norinco bakelite mag for $600. So now I am less butthurt. But still fuck that guy.

>bought snagged

Real good, great job.

Friend was getting a whole crate of 20 mosins from a supplier for $1200. Asked if I wanted to get a crate as well. At the time said no as I was looking to get a newer car. Little sad about that today, but I would have just stored them in a climate controlled storage anyhow.

Pic related, was at a gun show with a nofunz friend who was interested in some home defense funz. I brought 400 burgerbuckz he had 300. As we walked around looking for a deal for him we bumped into an old man looking to sell his 44 mag. I saw that it was i smith and my first thought was " fudds gonna want 800" so i just walked off while he spoke to my friend. Later find a used shield for 175, mybud becomes a has funz and is satiafied with his purchase. On the way home i remember oldman and ask bud what he wanted for that smith, buddy says 400, isay WHAT! Turn around and head back to the show. Didnt find old man. Still regret walking away from him

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-22-19-56-20.png (1080x1920, 330K)

Not only did he bought and snagged, he also milled.
Or the MAK-90 was both milled and snagged, which seems like a reasonable possibility.

I am become retard, destroyer of grammar.

all of the AI guns

youtube.com/watch?v=e0IvoKwvEbs

I would have just bought it and sold the gun i just got

I also had the chance to buy a Nambu at my LGS a few years ago, but they wanted like $1200 for it.

i know, tell myself that every day now...sometimes you have to get stung to learn, i just wish it had been on a less rare/painful gun

There are lots of Nambus out there, many for the entirely more reasonable 500-1k range.

Got one of the last ones they had after himing and hawing for an hour.

Bought it on my phone during work, I would have never forgiven myself if I had missed it.

Attached: ONG 870-3.jpg (506x900, 123K)

A $400 Chinese SKS back in 2015. The store that had it closed a couple years later.

AR15 with heatshield, Beta C mag, and A1 upper for $600 at a gun show

Fucking hell, I haven't been to a gun show in years because all of mine were just $800 mosins because "muh history" and $700 Glocks for miles.

>That bayonet mount

God fucking damnit why can't anyone make repros of those? They cost more than a good 870 these days.