NVG-G Night Vision General

Lets see those NV setups and tube pics. Something I think most of Jow Forums cant afford but for those of us who can, lets show n tell.

Pic is my PVS14 Gen 3, hill is 2.3mi away at 10:30 at night, mostly overcast, thin enough cliud coverage for moonlight to shine through

Attached: 099B836D-A038-439E-A5E4-3D563EEF8193.jpg (750x736, 498K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atncorp.com/thermal-scope-thor-hd-384-1-25x-5x?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=lowerfunnel
jrhenterprises.com/Photonis-PVS14-White-Phosphor-ECHO-SPEC-monocular-nvdphotonis14ECHOspec.htm
russian-thunder.com/product-page/2d-klesh-2d-klesh-ir
russian-thunder.com/product-page/perst-4p-desert-ir-and-red-visible-laser-module
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, something Ive been meaning to ask...

Ive heard mixed reviews on the ATPIAL-C as to how its illuminator is either sufficient or insufficient. Why is that? Is it too dim? Or the cone is too big or small?

Also, the DBAL i2 is also notoriously hated because visible laser and IR laser with zero illuminator is just stupid, but what about the DBAL i2 with the IR laser as well as the IR illuminator? Any good for a unit without a visible laser?

Atipal-c is shit compared to the D2 but the latter uses a LED ilum that people think compromises your position.
.пepcт-3 is where it's at. No point in dealing with cucked shit when you can get a death start beams for a grand.

Where would one buy an пepcт-3?

Anyone know of any cheap NVGs? When I was younger I had an old ass video camera that still used tapes but it could do night vision in a dark bedroom so there must be cheap shit like that out there, doesn’t have to be high enough quality to be able to shoot with

Attached: 00FB5F9B-ADFB-4584-9A8A-087A200A7BC0.jpg (642x420, 147K)

Online. If you seriously can't find it using google you legitimately should not be ordering from Russia based sellers. Get the DBAL D2 from TNVC so you can be hand held with a warranty.

Bump for curiosity.

Attached: 1519548733111.png (1080x1085, 1017K)

I tried google translate on a website and it was more broken english than actually listening to slavs try and speak english so yeah...

No. All cheap NVG is shit. Shitty gen 2+ that requires illuminators to even be somewhat useful is 1.5k and up. You'd be better off with a nice surefire with nice throw.

Good to know. No shortcuts.

>night vision
>2019
>doesn't have thermal

poorfag general it is.

Alright boys redpill me on BNVD 40 QSi. I see no reason not to buy them, but the overwhelming pros make me feel like theres a catch.

Attached: Screenshot_20190222-185232_Chrome.jpg (939x858, 172K)

NVG’s have a completely different use than thermals you arrogant no friends faggot.

wrong.

Try walking around in the dark with only thermal in an area that isnt flat as fuck. Have fun falling over everything and running into shit. Theres a reason no one uses thermal monoculars

Heavy is about all I can complain about. But a Gen 3 White Phosphor Bino would be great

Curious as to why you wouldn't grab TNVC's MOD3 for the standalone option as a civ? I like binos but being able to add another set of eyes at night is a massive force multiplier.

>NVD’s
Muh nigga.

Pic is Baigish 6M Soviet Gen2 Night vision monocular, found it at a local market.

Attached: FEA3703B-E896-43F8-9A39-4FDCC8E4B8A4.jpg (3264x2448, 2.22M)

As another note, if I still had that old camera is there any way I could take the Night Vision components and the display out of it and mount it on a side rail? Anyone have any videos of that nature? I know gun lasers are a meme but I could probably zero the center of the camera to the Point of Aim on the camera and have a cheap night vision display just for the meme of it

With the bnvg you can just flip one up. Also price.

It might be hard to find replacement lenses or other parts since its not issued and doesnt use standard lenses like mod3, sentinels, pvs14, dtnvg etc.

being able to swing the tubes up to the side instead of flipping up is kinda cool.
People always want to borrow the other side with split-able nods too.

What are you trying to do? mass shoot people at night? civillians dont need to be owning night assault gadgets.

Attached: 1546714984731.jpg (326x326, 33K)

Wait are you buying gen 2 binos? Lmao dumb af. Go to JRH and get PVS14a for 2600 instead of wasting your money

$3500 price point for a basic PVS-14 is the minimum suggested night vision equipment?
Minimum rail length for an Aimpoint with a clip on or wear nvg and aim by laser mounted on gun inside of 100 yards?
I would be killing coyotes inside of 50 yards as they try to raid a chicken house.

Gen 2+ in white phosphor. And I'm not buying, I'm seeking reasons to not buy. I have gen 3 PVS 14, and it's a waste of money. Being sold.

No. You can buy Gen3s for 2600 from JRH. Or used for 2k or below if using faceberg.

Just pit the aimpoint on a riser and youll be fine shooting through it. Wouldnt even need ilum or ir laser for 50yds on yotes with gen 3s.

Gen 2+ "wp" is a scam shittier in resolution than basic bitch 3s. If you had 14s and hated it nods arent for you. Definitely dont waste cash on bullshit gen 2 duals thatll be impossible to move.

Thats way too much for a pvs14 imo.

Thats (((TNVC))) "hand selected tubes" price. No doubt they do get first runs but it's dumb to pay and extra grand for it imo.

Thanks for the price reality check.
Been trying to use my Leopold VX-R Patrol and strategically placed glow sticks in the woods and the permanent street lights at the end of the buildings.
Aiming at the glowing eyes.
Soon as I sweep a bright light towards them they scatter.
Without retina reflections they are invisible unless they are under a streetlight.

ATPIAL-D provides supper 300nm optic enhancement at the 220mA range but IR transients are superior with UV filter DBAL i3a.2 mod1 and gen4 data track bandpass 41Qsi filters. comparable to PSV14 mod2.1. See NVGMANPAGGST section 145 operator manual page 15,351 for details.

Attached: 999A2CFD-25A1-4DFC-A967-B7BBE9233514.jpg (269x313, 24K)

Is this from experience? I've seen the side by side videos of gen 2+. Not enough of a difference to subscribe to single tube. I came from issued 31s. I'm looking for experience.

Gen 2+ image is quite blurry past maybe 25yds. You wont get much recognition ability past that. You will definitely need more ambient light than Gen 3 and if in darker areas you wont see shit without illumination from an IR source, unlike a Gen 3.

You should buy gen 2 binos then. Not going to help some dumb boot moron. Will go nice with your Mustang lmao.

Even after using Duck search, my cell provider is now spamming me with ATN banner ads.
I really need to work on my PERSEC and scrubbing my tracks.
Can you run a monacle on a helmet and Thermal on the rifle?
Fusion systems look neat but aren't available for the peons.

atncorp.com/thermal-scope-thor-hd-384-1-25x-5x?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=lowerfunnel

ATN anything is trash idc how expensive it is. Technically you could run an NVD on your helmet over your left eye and use a thermal on your rifle but thatd be kind of retarded and very expensive. A gen 3 PVS 14 or even a bino setup with a good laser/illuminator combo unit is great for everything.

Problem with many FLIR units is the refresh rates arent as fast as real time unless youre spending $7k or more. You’ll have lag and its hard to track moving targets AND kill them because youre techinically not viewing the image in real time

Makes sense. Do you know if the wp helps at all with that, or is it the same but with the white/gray color spectrum?

>lmao
Alright guy, so no experience, just pvs 14 elitist? Good deal. Thanks for the redpill.

WP helps only so much on Gen 2+... its more so a light transfer issue into the optic to create a clear image. In order of quality

Gen 2+
Gen 2+ WP

*go a mile or two down the road in quality*

Gen 3 green

*another mile down the road*

Gen 3 WP

The only time Ive seen White Phos make an image fucking amazingly different was in Gen 3 form

That was my initial impression of ATN.
ATN < FLIR in cost and quality?

ATN Just reeked of bubba grade from looking at the web page.
If it isn't under ITAR , haven't looked yet, that would be a huge clue to its quality and manufacturing origins.

Yeah ATN seriously sucks. They constantly source from the lowest LOWEST quality provider of their tubes and electronics and throw shit together then charge you thousands. Ive seen their gen 2 units last one week under moderate use before their image became almost totally fucked

poor cheek weld and the NVGPSVT14.12 2+ ATN. - SOCIM ITAR/SCOPED can easily knock out teeth on the SCAR16 models.

DIY NVG lanyard

Attatch velcro to PVS14 next to battery compartment, place a small key ring on the unit also

Attached: 5BC867E8-E250-42F8-95F5-01D6327DAB91.jpg (3264x2448, 1M)

Add velcro also underneath the badge lanyard

Attached: 2488D6C8-3A38-4D1B-A8D7-3949E66F4D18.jpg (3264x2448, 1.64M)

Place badge lanyard on PVS and attatch line to the small key ring

Attached: 7D3B6F66-4FCE-46F0-A409-CB5F625731CF.jpg (3264x2448, 1.02M)

When using PVS on helmet, attatch badge lanyard to top velcro, or, if you have a TNVC mohawk, attatch velcro to velcro and also latch badge lanyard onto the elastic band

Attached: 645FF5B2-07BB-47B5-81E7-BBB857071A3A.jpg (3264x2448, 1.29M)

Shut the fuck up

Can someone tell me why NVG's are so expensive?

you will never be a T1 operator you poser fuck. enjoy spending your hourly wage on dress up toys you don't even know how to service or use under the intended conditions. adolescent fucktard

Wanna hug it out, pussy?

you ok?

the companies that made it had to invent their own manufacturing equipment to make extremely precise and specialized parts like micro channel plates.
You can't just setup a machine shop and make these things.

Curious bump on a drunken saturday morning

These 4D pads and TW camfit are the best.

Attached: sents.jpg (3120x4160, 3.21M)

Attached: helmets.jpg (3120x4160, 2.78M)

Gen 3 ITT thin film with amber filter.

Attached: 3.jpg (3645x2690, 1.1M)

RMRs are pretty much the only way to really shoot with NODs on pistols.

Attached: 4.jpg (3006x5344, 1.92M)

Are these yuropoor tubes any good?

jrhenterprises.com/Photonis-PVS14-White-Phosphor-ECHO-SPEC-monocular-nvdphotonis14ECHOspec.htm

Im currently trying to send my pvs 14s back for to JRH for the 2nd time for the same problem. Basically I was accused of tampering with the devices that would have voided the warrenty but they said they would let it slide this time. Fast forward 6 months later I have the same problem where I have no visual when I turn it to the on and the same thing happens when I turn in the IR except that you can see the red light indicator on and thats it.

Im still waiting for a response back from them to see what they will decide.

Another service tech told me it could be a bad Image intensifier and to replace those it cost around 2-3 grand.

Heh, prob shouldn’t be trying to illegally modify your NVGs then newfag

Are you fucking kidding me. Turning them on and off is considered a modification? Ive spent enough time in the military to understand what operator 10 level maintenance is. Why would I tamper with something like that if it was going to void the warranty?

Look up mx10160 or mx11769 on ebay if it comes to it. You can get tubes for a way less than that if it comes to it.

Get multiple opinions on it too. Everyone in the business is a shitbag.

Tisk tisk tisk when will they learn

Interesting...you can get it there but Optics Planet goes full retard and makes you fill out a quote form.

No NODS here. I don’t have a ton of use for NODs outside of The occasionally larping but if the US does collaspse NODs would be a serious leg up.
What’s the baseline option for NODs that a new user shouldn’t go under?

Attached: 6DCDB00B-2CD1-47EF-A657-E850802577B1.jpg (3024x4032, 3.5M)

Get a mil-spec gen 3 pvs-14. They're about 2 grand and the best option for the money. Probably the most versatile and parts are very easy to get if something goes wrong.

fuck off cianigger

Seconded. And theyre very tough devices for what you get

Never put a psv14 on your gun

you're never going to place a charge. take the duct tape off larperino larry

light mounted ir laser is better

As much as buying all the cool guy gear most of us on here have makes you a larper, tape on a helmet is pretty cringey

Search utube for "Squirrel hunter" channel. They show easy ways to adapt 0 lux vidcams.

Newer Gen 2 is ok. The premium French Gen 2 stuff is pretty good. Under deep dark conditions it will still fall short of Gen 3 but it will outperform Gen 3 in some mixed light environments. Regular newer Gen 2 is good for urban areas that have some background illumination.

Do not weapons mount unless you know the recoil capability of your tube. If the MCP and the PC kiss then you have permanent damage. If you really need to do this then get an old MX10160 tube. The MX11769 tubes are not as tough.

There is wide variance in capabilities of "gen2+".

>Can you run a monacle on a helmet and Thermal on the rifle?
If you use an MNVD on the same eye as thermal then WP helps with the stress of transition because the screen colors are similar.

You want an IR source anyways because it bounces off of critter corneas and makes them glow in the dark like niggers.

I know peq 15s arent sold to the public because of the laser class but id there anything preventing nods like the pvs 14 being sold?

Adding: breathing on a raw MCP will collapse holes. An MCP has over a million holes in its tiny diameter.

>RMRs are pretty much the only way to really shoot with NODs on pistols
Depending on conditions, you might be able to use a 7mm aperture which increases the DOF enough to be able to use iron sights on a pistol.

What did they repair when you sent it last time?

>What’s the baseline option for NODs that a new user shouldn’t go under?
A good gen 2 PVS-14 is my personal minimum. KIM that I am not saying that any shitty gen 2 is good enough.

>but id there anything preventing nods like the pvs 14 being sold?
Just the ITAR requirement for US citizenship.

Neat, i dont have that kind of money but theyd be cool to have.
I didnt know ITAR was a us only thing.

>I didnt know ITAR was a us only thing.
It's not. ITAR has many layers and many aspects. The biggest one that would apply to an individual buying a PVS-14 is citizenship of his country in which he is buying. I used to work in manufacturing and there is other stuff that cannot even be discussed outside of certain groups due to the ITAR security. I have so much bureaucratic bullshit stored in my brain that I would not know how to start a coherent conversation about ITAR. When you have the money, it is pretty much a non-issue for a US citizen for the PVS-14 - but that does not mean that you can buy flight control boards for a Pegasus.

Hubble space telescope reporting.

Attached: IMG_0977.jpg (1200x569, 308K)

I got some contactor trade in atn night spirit gen 2 monos. They were 3x and I switched it to 1x. Got a bridge mount from armasight on a airsoft ops core with a streamlight sidewinder. All under 1k and suits my needs. Not Gucci but I never did care about jerking off other dudes.

Selling a really great value IR aiming set up. Full power Zenitco Perst 4P IR laser aiming device. Runs off of CR123A. Comes with pressure switch and rear clicky tail cap. Slaved to visible laser for easy zeroing. Easy usable out to 300m. Can run just IR, or just visible.

Also selling Zenitco Klesh 2D IK IR illuminator. Illuminates out to 150m or so. Just like a Surefire M600V but minus the visible light setting. Same weight as M600V. Comes with pressure switch.

Pressure switches can be spliced together with a little wire work, and then you can activate both IR laser and IR illum at same time. Asking $475 for whole package shipped. Great shape.
Both black.

russian-thunder.com/product-page/2d-klesh-2d-klesh-ir

russian-thunder.com/product-page/perst-4p-desert-ir-and-red-visible-laser-module

PVS 14

Attached: PerstKlesh.jpg (893x1633, 431K)

[email protected]

Attached: DSC03378.jpg (3095x1923, 1.56M)

What about color nightvision (e.g., zillion-ISO webcams)?

You're never going to gun down a nigger in defense if your life or loved ones. Just sell your guns :^)