/arg/ AR thread

AR thread
/arg/
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Abject poverty edition

Old

Attached: 20181117_110758_HDR-1.jpg (3815x1311, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

larue.com/products/larue-lokatinny-handguards/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how many lowers should I buy?

Attached: umaru checks.png (1920x1080, 611K)

Post optic

What's a good lower receiver to buy?

Where can I buy lower receivers?

what the fuck is that thing Jay

Can .300 blackout be used in a regular 5.56 AR or do I need a different lower

M16A5

Dogs lick us because we have bones inside us and they want them.

Attached: 20190121_005958.jpg (1440x2560, 1.34M)

Franklin armory has a cool double action lower, also palmetto Arms sells mass produced lowers, you need an ffl to ship to

cool thread guys

Go shoot the P320 and gib range report. Also, Matey is in the shed rn.

Attached: 8f9bd50030c8518a892c878a7252963a.jpg (564x564, 68K)

Sorry Opie. It looks like the cancer has metastasized too quickly to stop it. I'm afraid this condition is fatal condition.
You'd better see to your business and make the necessary arrangements.

The chair is against the door,....
I repeat,
the chair is against the door,....

Ok fixed the sights fuck I feel dumb.

Any possible updates to look for?

Attached: IMG_20190222_172945__01.jpg (4608x1828, 2.3M)

>updates to look for?
Waiting for Season three of Himouto! Umaru-chan
has anybody seen the trailer yet!?

Attached: umaru clan.png (989x553, 847K)

Is the surefire Warden a meme? I feel like redirecting the energy forward completely defeats the purpose of a compensator.

Attached: 20190126_172842.jpg (4032x1960, 2.51M)

what's the theory behind the foregip so far forward?

I tried it, and it just feels awkward as fuck

Oh shit

Attached: GZ_07512r20140504130605.jpg (600x601, 41K)

C-Clamp logic probly

.tl;dr - pure retardation of the utmost sorts

You have to be 6' minimum for it to work

Attached: ar15_01.jpg (1620x1080, 597K)

I will, I just wanted to get a newer frame. Also my new slide came in, which was strange in that it is slightly different from the slide I already had. I think this one might be newer, as the disconnector works differently and the cuts on it are cleaner. I'll be sending this newer one off to get RMR'd, gonna go shoot it tomorrow.

Vortex Viper 1-6 or Steiner p4xi 1-4?

Elcan Spectre DR

1-4 outdaTED AF

I'm 6'2" and have limb in reasonable proportions to my frame, just seemed weird placement for me. I like my fore-grip pretty damned close to the mag well.

buddy caled me a retard and said my funs are gonna break because I rest my AR on its magazine, but aren't modern designs more than capable of withstanding that without much issue? this isnt a decade ago

Its fine, your buddy is stupid.

is it bad to lean my AR on its barrel?
like if i leave it standing up and the barrel resting against the side of a wall or something?

Depends Stienner is nice but if you go 1-6 you should probably go with a a Razor HD

Yes, if you've ever done it your AR is now worthless. I'll take it off your hands for a nominal fee.

election season is coming up and prices are going to skyrocket, so at least 5.

it will be fine i have used my barrel to hammer a nail in a pinch, no problems.

Thoughts on the Springfield Saint?

Yes, your grouping will move like Glocks that shoot low left you'll have an AR which shoots whichever direction you left it leaning. This is irreversible but try leaning it the other way if you want to.

Attached: fas.jpg (1367x623, 326K)

General idea is to make it easier to drive the gun. Foregrip further out is meant to support hand placement closer to the muzzle helping with recoil control and pointability at the cost of comfort and increased fatigue. Kinda makes sense if you're stuck with a 20" barrel and need to use it for closer in stuff, but it's definitely a controversial choice. Since this is arg though OP probably just does it because he thinks it looks cool

Im tired of my guns. I want a shoe collection now.

Attached: D59F77D8-26C5-4A89-BC3C-911E0E92FC30.jpg (660x660, 53K)

scaranon is a freak with a giraffe neck and orangutan arms, his ergonomic preferences are not to be taken as typical or encouraged

HE WAS A SKATERBOI, SHE SAID SEE YA LATER BOI

Attached: 1548622812988.jpg (720x960, 88K)

people with body dysmorphia wanting to shoot their fingers off

It’s to guard the flash hider when a suppressor isn’t mounted, and to redirect the muzzle blast forward when shooting in close quarters with other people. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if it was relatively easy to turn it into an actual suppressor with a length of pipe and some baffles.

Warden is so cringe

6’1”. I’ve found that holding a longer rifle by the magwell is fine for stabilizing for long, slow shots; however, posting my hand farther out on the handguard makes closer shots smoother and faster. If most of the mass of the rifle is behind your forward hand, you can lead the rifle’s mass from point to point rather than having it swing like an oar or a pendulum due to the fulcrum being too far to the rear. It also helps my snap shooting because I can lay my index finger along the handguard in line with the barrel, so that aiming at a close target is as simple as making a “finger gun” at it.
That said, it’s tiring as fuck when you do it for awhile and makes me less stable for long shots, because my arm starts to shake from being extended under load for longer. I almost always magwell-grip if I’m going for long stints between low-porting.

rail is long enough to attach two grips

Almost have all my parts for my 11.5 inch upper finally. Going to sbr a lower here when I find one that looks good.
What are some aesthetic lowers?
Also is an adjustable gas block needed on an 11.5 barrel that will use a suppressor?

CHING CHONG GOYIM DELET THIS POST

Unironically Anderson defense's lower is pretty good. They ripped of the design of Kentucky state lmao.

Someone posted a MARS lower for 250 which would be objectively better. Can't believe you could have a fully ambi PSA kit build for 500ish.

Yes. You want to regulate the gas to allow the bolt to cycle properly. Do some research in "Sionics". They arnt known on this website. But they have perfected suppressed 11.5s.
They sell uppers to police department swat teams.

Throw Eric Cartman in there to pimp them out and you have a show worth watching.

What's a good quad handguard that will fit a 16 inch Bushmaster xm-15 upper

This desu senpai

Attached: 20190109_205331~2.jpg (4004x2382, 2.37M)

Mom is still hot.

Trip on wuggy

Attached: AR3.jpg (1072x1920, 363K)

What could the tape be trying to fix in there?

Attached: 154050b245454470bce82ad17dc728a0.jpg (1920x1294, 275K)

KAC RAS, or if you're willing to cut off the delta ring (or have the ability to totally disassemble the upper) a Centurion C4

not enough

His life

You guys ever just go into the black side of town and mag dump before speeding off? I've unironically dumped mags into burned out cars in New Orleans East. I hope it makes the niggers panic that sum bdy gunna take dey childens.

you shut your whore mouth filthy barbarian
Umaru is the purest and best himouto

Attached: umaru commandos.gif (630x346, 1.97M)

No, user. I have better things to do with my time.

Attached: tohru-smug-face.jpg (555x540, 30K)

LMT MARS L

Only difference is barrel. That is it.

God damn the new LAT rail is ugly. Why can't Mark make things that look good.
That grip is comfy though. I have two, but can't bring myself to put them on anything because they're so ugly. That lower is cringe too. Rifle is arfcom as fuck.

Yes. There are tons of other muzzle devices that achieve the same effect while being 1/3rd the cost of a SF muzzle device and warden. Surfire is overrated as fuck and they make campaign contributions to demoshits. Sure their lights are the best available, but not by a far margin, and at the end of the day they don't bring anything special to the table.

>1-6x or 1-4x
Is it on a 16" or a 14.5"?
Steiner is better anyway.

Not at all. In a certain price point for a certain POU a good 1-4x is a fine thing. Depends on how much you prioritize durability, or CQB capability.

Just build. Better than a SIG though.

LMT MARS L

Attached: DSC03321.jpg (4353x3048, 3.64M)

I got a PSA kit for my first AR15. I'm 99% sure this means I have everything except the lower receiver and a mag.
Because of how gentrification has changed my state in a liberal direction, I'm scared to just order a 50 dollar Anderson lower and have it on police records that I own a scary baby killing black assault rifle.
I understand t he next best thing is to order one of those plastic things and use drill press to make it into a full lower. But I don't have a drill press. What do I do?

Attached: 1548486823521.jpg (953x1200, 272K)

>LMT MARS L
I'll wait until they move to Iowa so I can support a local business.

( Y O U )

Attached: 654dhfg65d4fhg65df4g6d54gfd6.jpg (3996x1800, 2.16M)

If you aren’t prohibited from purchasing a firearm, I suggest Buy a lower on Armslist from a private seller.

>God damn the new LAT rail is ugly. Why can't Mark make things that look good.
That is not a LAT

It was a Larue kit. The lower is what was on the shelf at the local gun store. What stock would you recommend? I do like the built in cleaning rod though.

BROS are Milan stamped LMT lowers about to spike in value?

Yes I know that is a Stealth upper or w.e, but the rail looks like a LAT
larue.com/products/larue-lokatinny-handguards/

Stock? Uh idk. Magpul SL-S
I like Magpul stocks, unironically.

Attached: DSC03301.jpg (4158x2772, 3.84M)

Thats an 80% lower. I have built 2 ARs.
I can tell you are not ready to do a 80% lower. It is expensive. You need a jig, drill press, bits, and a vice. Ive priced it at $250. And thats just to finish a blank lower. You still need a few tools to complete a lower parts kit. Its all rewarding in the end. But you shouldnt do the 80%. You need to visit a gun show in your area. Or use a website that sells used gun parts. And a buy lower that way.

bring back etie

What is that stock and why does it look so damn gucci?
Is it true that buying a stripped lower means you dont have to register it? Ghost guns are unregistered AR's right?

Elcan SpecterDR 1-4 for $1,600

Y/N?

Yeah, but why would you? That adds unnecessary weight to the rifle, especially forward of the balance point.

>Magpul SL-S

Would keep the Texas theme I have going on, I could dig it.

Nice raifus gunfighter.

Attached: BUFFONIBOIZz.jpg (3312x2404, 3.35M)

>unnecessary weight
lift

Whats your handgun to compliment your AR?

Attached: 20190222_211816.jpg (2560x1440, 1M)

what does /arg/'s case look like?

glock forty (22) problem solver

What light is that?

Mk 23

MAWL

Elcan SpecterDR 1-4 for $1,600

Y/N?

Attached: 890944E6-E618-49C7-9466-F512458D9F2E.jpg (2398x1346, 1.12M)

No

>sling tactically positioned to hide fake nature of atlas bipod

Lvpo

Striketh or misseth, I suppose ye never misseth, yes? You have thine husband, yet ye never exchangeth thine sweet kiss. He shall lay with another wench, and his mind shall expunge thine memories. He shall sound the wagon wheel and smoketh the pipe like ye olde Khalific Wizard.

Attached: tumblr_ph4tw8HK1f1qiz4ulo1_400.png.jpg (382x600, 43K)

Yes, I want to live vicariously through you.

kek

Attached: HitOrMiss.jpg (1200x894, 118K)

nice A2 clone

>1600 for dogshit
go for it

Attached: 00019IMG_00019_BURST20180715131302_COVER.jpg (1613x1210, 1.16M)

Shit, uh. Thanks. What special tools do I still need to buy to put this together? What do I look up?

A better zenit AK than that of the skyline driving faggot

What LPVO?

OC?

Any known issues with the trijicon MRO? Im liking this scalar works combo.

Attached: scalarworks_leap_trijicon_mro_mount_hero.jpg (1200x896, 127K)