Handgun General - /hg/ - #260

Rotating is superior edition.

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Previous Dubs:

Attached: spinbois.jpg (2600x1733, 2.2M)

First for crappy weeb guns.

Attached: VP70z RE2.jpg (1533x1320, 1.26M)

>Rotating is superior
You spin me right round baby right round....

Attached: MeatSpin.jpg (1042x1039, 225K)

Oh shit

Attached: progression.jpg (2200x1467, 1.27M)

Spin lock is best lock
>Also, I intentionally shot a round I knew the Xr9s would pull apart because I wanted to see it happen

Well, this But also your argument COULD be legit, I just happen to stand all the way against the shooting bench, so my muzzle is easily a couple feet in front of other shooters. If I took a step back it would be a concern.

Attached: 20190222_165232-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 887K)

gonna pick up this tomorrow
shot a friends and fell in love

Attached: FNSC-beauty-660x439.jpg (660x439, 75K)

A few months ago I got a P226 Elite like pic related for a great deal. It was “used” but the previous owner just wiped the grease off and put it in the box. He was another regular at the gun shop I go to and got in some financial difficulties so I bought it to help him out.

Should I invest some money in new sights, grips, and a holster or just keep EDCing my Walther PPQ?

Attached: D01EFF65-A0DD-4F3F-B590-1B57D9ADB6E7.jpg (400x250, 14K)

Make that decision after you have fut a few hundred rounds through it.

But which rotating is superior?

Px4

Picked up two shiny new handgats today, both still had their original boxes and manuals. Super hyped still

Attached: IMG_20190222_160118.jpg (3264x2448, 1.71M)

I thought about doing that but then I imagined getting my pristine soft hands dirty and decided not to.

I wouldn't, the P226 is bigger and heavier and a bigger loss if damaged or lost.

PX4 by far, it's the most sorted, best shooting, best trigger, cheapest, easiest to rack, biggest capacity, most size options. It's also the most comfy to my hand

Attached: beretta 8001.jpg (2200x1467, 1010K)

What's the one on the left?

I guess my phone wants to flip this pics around in funky directions, but I'm limited to phoneposting for the next few days so you'll have to deal with it I guess

Attached: IMG_20190222_163104.jpg (2448x3264, 1.76M)

Fffffuck, jealous

I can understand the apprehension, wouldn't want to break the stereotype :^)
>for real though, it was cool but now I'm cleaning it with a bottle of tears and regret

Burt I wanna lick your chin fat. I'm in Portland let's meet up
*lick lick*

I didn't realize such a boxy gun could feel so smooth. I have no regrets buying it, just feels like quality. The P5 is super cool too. I yeeted my wallet but it was definitely worth it

Attached: IMG_20190222_153810.jpg (3264x2448, 1.19M)

Cool!

Beretta 8000 aka Cougar

Be at the Apple Store in 40 minutes.

Attached: cocobolo 8000.jpg (2400x1600, 952K)

Fuck both of those are exactly what I've been looking for but I can never find at any lgs.

Anyone here get their slide milled by PMM?

Any idea if their epoxy finish is any good?

Fuck me a new pistol I didn't realize I need. That thing is beautiful I didn't even know Benelli produced pistols. 9mm or .22? Also where did you scoop those up, gunstore or GunBroker?

That's sexy as fuck. How does it rate against the px4? I have the compact and I really like it, I'd consider picking this up if I come across one for the right price.

Anybody have this picture without the gay ass photobucket watermark? From what I remember it was posted here five years ago. Archive has the thumbnail but not the full image.

Attached: perfection.jpg (1022x767, 483K)

The trigger is nice, crisp, but not as smooth as the PX4. The grip shape is blocky, not as nice as the PX4. Recoil impulse is mild for a 9mm, but not as mild as the PX4. Racking the slide is actually a little harder than a 92FS, and not as easy as a PX4. Other than that it's a wash. They're both around the same cost.

I'm sure you get asked often, but what camera or camera/lens are you using? All your pics look great.

So where are you turdroller? I'm pretty obvious.

Attached: DSCM_2014.jpg (960x540, 103K)

The P5 should be easy enough to pick up on armslist. While not a glock, it's still not the rarest thing in the world either. Can't wait to shoot mine, everything about it just feels nice. lifesized potato wasn't kidding when he was talking about how the slide is really smooth when you rack it or how the decocker is fun to click.

The Benelli will be a different story though. Only 10k or so were made, so they don't always show up. There was one on Armslist for a decent price last I checked. GunBroker has one like what I got, but the auction has 12 days left and is already at what I paid for mine+spare mag.

I didn't realize I needed the B76 until I saw it sitting at my LGS. Both of those guns are in 9mm. Benelli I think still makes .22lr target pistols, but them making the B76 is probably why they don't make many handguns. It's a lovely gun, but whoever thought it would work as a service gun was not very smart. The Benelli I got from my LGS, the Walther I ordered from a gunstore out of state. Was great because I could tell the LGS guys were hyped to have had that gun too. One of the guys there even gave me a printout of some book or magazine that he dug up about it too, had some nice diagrams on it.

Attached: IMG_20190222_155208.jpg (3264x2448, 2.5M)

I wanna buy my first handgun. What's the best handgun to buy with a budget of $500?

people seem to like their LCR's

Typical Glock owner.

Attached: Screenshot_20190217-131640.png (1080x1920, 788K)

The Benelli B-series of pistols came in 9mm, .30 Luger, .32 S&W Long, 9x18 Ultra, and .32 ACP.
There were also both standard and sport models for target shooting.

Attached: Bennelli-collection.jpg (1000x683, 246K)

how to hit what you shoot with that wat

Are rotating barrels snake oil or are they worth it?

Attached: 1539034631115.jpg (676x822, 87K)

its got no sights man!

worth

Glock 45 MOS when...

>Look Behind You
BOOoooo!

MOS is fucking trash

Canon 7D, Tamron 28-75 SP, Canon 580EX bounced off the ceiling, pic related 90% of the time.

Thank you very much!

There are suggestions by price in the pastebin in OP, but "best" for what? Best at what? What do you want from it, and what do you like in guns?

Depends on which one honestly. The Colt 2000 is a literal steaming piece but the PX4 is ultra-rad. All other things equal, a rotating barrel has less recoil than a tilting barrel.

Attached: 7D.jpg (1100x1650, 389K)

Over rated

This makes my pp hard

What is the smallest .357 revolver that isn't a complete meme? I already have a shield, mak, and glock 10mm to carry, so being practical isn't really the idea.

Ruger LCR

I would say an SP101 for something you will actually want to shoot .357 out of. I have an LCR in .357 and I still shoot .38+p 95% of the time because it's more comfortable.

Got this last week as my first firearm

Attached: 15232063-F1E6-4598-93E0-26DF1046ADD6.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

Nice find. Those things are fun. Have you considered putting wood grips on it?

Yes, probably Nill grips, although they are pretty pricey (but very nice).

Who makes a good subcompact?

Someone here CC a full size pistol?
What is that supposed to be

>CC a full size
I do in the winter. Big guns for big coats.

Attached: 92 1.jpg (1820x1020, 952K)

almost everyone

My problem is that I live in eternal humid summer land and I can't decide if buy a full size for my first CCW. I'm 186 cm tall so I could concealed it. My other option is a 15+1 so is not bad at all.

Be warned that Nills will make you truly fall in love with your CZ and if you don't have a holster to carry it, it will be a painful waiting period.

Attached: cqvNcdg.jpg (1632x1224, 365K)

If t-shirts are the appropriate attire year-round where you live, I'd probably advise against trying to CC a fullsize. Get you a compact first.

Seen that picture before, looks so beautiful! Is that your pistol? That you oil the grips before you got them?

*Did...

Kys you dink retard.

I was thinking in something like pic related. But you are still right.

Attached: IMG_20190223_115556.jpg (1080x1546, 223K)

How are brownells glock slides? Might be building a P80 soon and the blanks are cheap. Was thinking about getting it machined for a deltapoint pro and some frontal serrations

Yep that is my pic. I've never oiled them. Probably should at some point, they're going on five years old now.

Attached: 20190223_085247.jpg (1536x2048, 989K)

texasfag here

i want to buy a handgun, never owned a gun before.

Looking at a website that sells used guns (durysguns.cim)

So to buy a gun online they have to ship to an FFL

My question is, what kind of relationship do I need with an FFL beforehand? Can I just go into the pawn shop/gun store and say hey Im going to buy something online will you be the FLL for me?

If that's not what you do, can you tell me what do?

And who would run my background check in this situationl, the online gun store or the place with the FFL?

I've called up the FFL beforehand to verify their info is correct before doing the purchase, gives them the heads up and whatnot.

If you're in SA area you might as well just drive to Dury's and avoid a transfer fee all together. If you're somewhere else just call your closest dealer and ask if they'll do a transfer from Dury's for you. The dealer you pick up at is where you will do the 4473 and all that good shit.

The FNS is the worst pistol FN has made and it's STILL a good pistol.
>FNP>FNS

>full size
hahahahahaha

Attached: 20190216_163046.jpg (4032x2268, 3.62M)

eh i'm in the houston area
how much is a transfer fee typically? im kind of a poorfag hence buying a used pistol

Shit does dury's not charge for ffl transfers? I paid like 35 bucks at the bullet hole cuz it was slightly easier to drive to.

Just finished my polymer 80 last night. Having gotten my rmr cover yet so be gentle

Attached: 20190223_104628.jpg (2205x1586, 2.19M)

When you need a sling mount on your iron

Attached: 15509164633108669913271089974233.png (960x720, 768K)

Hey Bros, I've been thinking of picking up a Px4 Storm, I found a good deal online for $380ish shipped. I know these are pretty highly recommended here, and most reviews I've found were pretty glowing. Is it worth it for a HD pistol and carry piece?

Attached: Px4StormDeluxe02tris_400px.jpg (400x332, 20K)

SA fag,
Armed in America in Bulverde is the best gun store in the area.

It's usually somewhere between $15 (the lowest I've ever seen after living in several different states) to $40 (I consider this too high personally and would only pay this much if there was no one else around or no one else I'd like doing business with around).

Lad that lower is hideous. But I'm sure it does the job it's supposed to

HK P30sk or P2000sk are the bees knees

Really nice, will get them too!

The frame? That's just how all polymer 80 frames look unless you get a really old one

>What is that supposed to be
A VP70z

I've bought from them and Bracken. Both are good shops IMO.

You use a drill bit to drill your pin holes? It doesn't look too bad on second glance, really just that oddly shaped trigger guard

Looking for a single stack 9mm for IWB or pocket carry (if possible). Budget is around $500. I'm interested in the P365, does anyone have any recommendations?

Attached: niggerRepellent.jpg (1350x900, 135K)

Full size for HD. Compact for carry. Both great guns. Make it a decocker only or G model preferably

Yes, get the 365

Are the 10mm 1911's from RIA a meme or do they actually hold up well?

Probably doesn't help, but I have a 9mm and it's okay. I've had like a dozen FTE's in the first 1k. Will probably end up getting rid of it.

>Pocket carry
I carried a P238 at my last job since carrying was a no no per company policy but I don't think I'd be able to pocket carry the P365/G43 size pistols in dress pants. If you are wearing jeans or baggy khakis (depending on your job's dress code) you may be fine. Otherwise, you may have to step down to 380.

If pocket carry isn't a big deal your best bets seem to be P365, G43, G43X, M&P 2.0. If you want to step up to double stacks see for the best two in my opinion (though you will probably have to step out of the 500 USD range)

Good luck, faggot.

What are /hg/'s thoughts on the Creed? I remember coming across the PPX years ago and having a laugh at its looks (ITS A HI-POINT!) but thought it felt wonderful in the hand and had a nice trigger. Now the PPX has been replaced by the Creed and I've been seeing a few go for ~$250 on various sites. Thoughts?

Attached: Creed_ls-1024x798.jpg (1024x798, 107K)

Yes they supply the correct sized bits with the kit. The trigger guard is recessed more at the bottom because the grip angle is not as sharp as a glock. Much more 1911-like

It's a gun that shoots.

There is no 92 clone or variant small enough for practical CCW is there?

>carrying was a no no per company policy

Legit question, why does anyone do this?

P938 or a Shield. P365 might still have reliability issues.

they don't, 365 is gtg

Not really. A compact 92s about the size of another brands fullsize. There are taurus based off the 92 like the pt911 or pt40 that are reasonably sized but its a fucking taurus thats not a pt92 so carrying it wouldnt be wise

no, there isn't

>Rotating is superior edition

Well nothing rotates more than a wheely gat I guess.

I weebed out my SBH, I can't decide if I prefer it over the shitty fake pearl grips I had before.

Attached: IMG_20190223_124255.jpg (3988x2988, 2.84M)

You could get an 84 or something. Same aesthetic, smaller gun.

>the PPQ is to the P99 what the Creed is to the PPX
it's a visual and ergonomic update of the PPX, but otherwise functionally identical
there were Single stack 92FS Compacts called >92 Compact L type M
that (while a bit long) are similar to the P239 in size. They are no longer made (or at least no longer imported) so you'll have to try to find one used.

Attached: Beretta92CompactLCustomCarryIITypeM.jpg (3264x2448, 887K)

Which should I get for a range toy, a CZ75BD or a Beretta 92F? They're both around $500.

It doesnt matter what you put on it. The SBH will always look like a hog, just go with it