LPVO Thread

What low power variable optic have you chosen and why? Any that you have had bad experiences with? Any that stand out at their price point?

I’m considering pic related for my AR but want to hear other opinions.

Attached: 6BBE1514-293F-4D48-818E-8D6F6D813BAD.jpg (1350x900, 109K)

They're shit, just get a red dot with magnifier you boomer.

Attached: 1550820375633.jpg (720x960, 102K)

>recommends a red dot with magnifier
>im the boomer

Attached: 04B7AA04-A87A-4EE9-8B64-353343CF5293.jpg (540x720, 33K)

I have a Burris mtac, and it works fine. Saving for a trijicon accupoint 1-6 eventually, though.

I bought a Nikon Black Force 1000 because the glass is better than scopes costing twice as much. But then I decided I'm not a huge fan of the reticle. I'll probably end up selling it.

I considered an accupoint, but the triangle post reticle seemed weird. Maybe they offer other reticles, I’m not sure.

im using a tac 30 because im poor lol

Bushnell AR 1-4x. I figured I’d start low and buy higher if I had to, but so far I’ve had no problems whatsoever. It holds zero, the reticle is nice and clear except at full illum on the sunniest of days, and it didn’t break the bank. I’ll probably end up finding a 1-6x eventually, but would absolutely recommend as a starter optic.

Attached: 5E465BE9-DC79-4A02-9049-16BC0C061D33.jpg (3024x4032, 2.53M)

They do, check the website. I like the triangle post reticle because it's simple and acts like a red dot at 1x.

>bubba'd tacticool sks
Pls KYS

As a 6’1” dude with gangly arms, a pistol grip is way more comfortable than a rifle grip. I still have all the original wood if that calms your tisms.

I have a razor 1-6x24 ii-e. it's really nice, super clear and good illumination. pretty much impossible to change the magnification quickly without a throw lever but otherwise no complaints
a friend of mine has the strike eagle 1-6 and it's actually really nice for the price.
I've looked through a steiner p4xi and it was nice as well

>a friend of mine has the strike eagle 1-6 and it's actually really nice for the price
that fisheye at 1x tho

I've got a Leupold VS-III with illuminated reticle on my AK.

It chews through its battery WAY too fast, but other than that, I like it. Its eye relief is a little long for an AK but if you're putting it on an AR it's no issue.

I'm looking at the Leupold Mk 6 for now, but might go for a Vortex Razor if I can't justify the price.

and fat as fuck reticle occluding your target past 200yds

do it.

Attached: 20181014 163427.jpg (1440x1080, 606K)

I have two currently: the Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6 and Trijicon Accupower 1-8.
>Vortex 1-6
A damn heavy optic, makes my 12.5" 5.56 feel top heavy in a Geissele 1.93" mount, but the glass clarity makes up for it as there's no monochromation and super sharp resolution far away. You can cop one for a little over 1k now and I'd say that's worth every penny. The 1x field of view is superb and has one big ass eye box that can be shot from any position, even the slumped-over doggy. It probably has a total of eight-thousand rounds on it and I need to send it into Vortex, after being mounted on my SCAR 17 late into its' round count the illumination flickers when you fire. Sure the Aimpoint-bright dot on 1x makes it excellent for quick shooting, but the etched reticle works too without illumination. The reticle isn't clouded and makes for nice 1x and 6x shooting, and with a MIL know-how, you can make it work magic. The 6x eye-box IS tight however. I still have to say this is your best bet.
>Trijion Accupower 1-8
It's on my SCAR 17 and holding up so far. Got it in a trade with a Geissele AR10 mount so it feels sturdy enough. Despite a blurrier picture than the Vortex and slight monochromation, the extra two power gives a slight edge at 900m+ over the super-sharp 6x of the other LPVO. The FOV at 1x is about average for a scope, and 8x has an odd "zoomed in" effect where there's less FOV. Weight isn't bad but the illumination at 8x is kinda fucky, I'd say since I only run illum at 1x it works as the 1x has a donut of death reticle that makes quick shooting a breeze.
>TL;DR
Just wait for a Vortex Razor GII 1-6 MRAD to go on sale for $1k and have superior 6x glass and a joyous 1x shooting experience.

Burris XTR II 1-5x
Because of the performance for the price $425
Haven't had that many others so no bad experiences

I plan to get the Burris rt6 at some point when they're on steep sale and I have more money

You are retarded
I use primary arms, got their cheap 1-8 on my ar and their "platinum" 1-8 on my scar. Love the acss, it actually works. And love the price

Nice write up. Thanks.

>bubba'd
>tacticool
Pick one. It's a drop in stock, the rifle is unaltered and can immediately be put back into its original stock.

I'm using a VCOG. Why? I picked it because it's incredibly durable, which matters for me since I'm using it on a slug gun (M2 with full rifled barrel). It's worked great for me, zero trouble of any kind. I've been out in the rain hunting, had it tossed around in my truck, etc, never had any issues with water, fog, moving zero, etc.

I've got an Accupower 1-8 on my .458 Socom in a Spuhr mount. I was considering either that or the Nightforce ATACR but went with the Accupower to save money. I've had zero troubles with that too. Like says the FOV at 8x isn't the greatest but it's been plenty good for my purposes, and I REALLY like the clarity at lower mag which is where I normally keep it. You have to spend a lot more money to improve on the glass IMO.

Are trashcans really the best?

Anybody got experience with a Kahles k16i?

I have the xtr II 1-4 that i got when they cleared those out and it is great. It seems to have have a bigger eyebox then other optics ive tried. Unless you have the money for a nightforce nx8

I don't think they're the best. That's Nightforce, Schmit & Bender, or US Optics.

Trijcon offers glass that's not quite as good, but is close, and costs a hell of a lot less.

I don't have experience with that model specifically, but I have owned other Kahles scopes on dangerous game rifles and I was extremely impressed by them. The two I used had just as good glass as Leica, Swarovski, etc, but Khales' price point was much better.

Attached: 1548718360334.gif (244x250, 2.56M)

I'd say the downside is the weight but I really am liking it

Have a Kahles K15i (cause they didn't sell the K16i when I got it)
Nothing really negative about it, great eye-box., no noticeable distortion, daylight bright illumination, integrated lever large enough to quickly turn, not too heavy (~17 oz).
Not sure about the current generation, but Kahles glass isn't as sharp as some other top manufacturers, but at 5x (or 6x) this doesnt really matter and would only be noticeable on higher power optics.

Also have a Vortex Strike Eagle on a soft-air gun for plinking in my garden (Urban Europe ... ) As mentioned by someone else edge distortion is very noticeable, and the reticle fat, but it would get the job done for someone on a tight budget, but there are many more new options available that might be more desirable.

I have both of these. Love the accupoint green triangle. Indoors it’s works well enough but outdoors that thing is bright even in overcast. No batteries needed. Super quick target acquisition also.

But the MTAC really surprised me. Great glass for the price point. At 1x it’s great. When illuminated this LPVO is the closest to a red dot I have seen

I'm all about them. I have the PA 1-8X ACSS and it's phenomenal. There's way better out there, but right now this one works fine. I just with there was more forgiving of an eye box and relief. I imagine as the tech improves that can be improved further.

A red dot and a magnifier is a good option, but you'll never get the long range capability that you can out of a LPVO.

In a number of cases, a red dot or EoTech/mag will be the better option. But there's plenty of circumstances as well where the LPVO is the superior option.

For me, I can do work at 800m no problem with mine. That'd be tougher with a red dot and magnifier, no doubt.

Those are mutually exclusive retard. I can JB weld a polymer rail section to a Mauser and chinesium red dot on it and it's a bubba'd tacticool abortion.