Auscuc/k/ general

old thread:

>Noguns but want to get license?:
firearmownersunited.com/how-to-get-your-firearm-license-state-by-state/

>Want a silencer?
Recent QLD QCAT cases have approved OHS based arguements
NSW is increasingly easy
GLHF in other states

Daily reminder to look into getting your collectors license to enjoy Cat C goodness

SMLEfest - Reply if you're interested with your general location/state

Jow Forumsangaroos discord, now 90% AFP free:
mkMJuC

Daily Reminder I need a place to shoot in QLD / North NSW, taking all offers and suggestions

Attached: 1486725850208.png (900x900, 518K)

Where can I get good metal for knifemaking lads? Going to hit up bunnings for wood
T. Sydney

Two questions
1. How useful is an o/u shotgun for hunting in NSW forests?

2. Can I apply for a strawman dealer licence to get access to cat D goodness? What's the catch?

Attached: 1498930443358.png (582x458, 202K)

Best barstock I've found is just buying from the commerical/trade metal distributors

>Why dont you have your cat H licence yet user?

Attached: 1547692005819.png (904x650, 580K)

Submitted my loicence application a couple weeks ago, now just playing the waiting game until I can start the next wait for a PTA...

>Ordered gun 23 days ago from WA from Claremont Firearms
>Still no news on shipping, updates, or anything.
>My PTA only has a few more days until it expires

Starting to get pissed the fuck off.

Attached: 1549452165866.jpg (835x773, 44K)

They're known for this shit, and shipping only once a week etc

Last time these fools get my money, been shooting for 9 years and it's the first time this ever happened. What a fucking joke, more like they ship once every 4 weeks.

What did you order?

I'd rather not say, customer service wasn't that good.. rather not have my gun fucked up, broken, lost, or something else because they got assblasted by my comments.

I doubt that they would be browsing Jow Forums right now, user, but understandable. Downrange Firearms in Osborne Park is great.

Got my license recently, is it worth going for a brand new .22 rifle or getting a cheap secondhand one? I used to love shooting my uncle's beat up old .22 pump action rifle, although a lever action would also be pretty fun.

I would go for a new rifle. The Browning BL-22 is very good and not too pricey. The Ruger Precision Rimfire is also nice.

Attached: Ruger-Precision-Rimfire-Rifle.jpg (478x270, 16K)

Buying a second hand rifle often means you're buying someone elses problems.
Unless you can meet up at a range and see how it shoots first, buy new.

>Still no new release date

Attached: lithgowla105.jpg (2048x1365, 321K)

I agree, just got my licence, and the discount on a secondhand rifle is generally pretty minimal from what I've seen at the lower end of the market and I'm going to buy new

Probably should've mentioned I don't really want to spend more than ~$600 on a .22 rifle, which was why I was looking at secondhand in the first place.

That's just for the rifle right? You including a scope in that budget?

Buy once, cry once.

Just the rifle, yes. I'll worry about scopes when I upgrade to a more powerful rifle.

Elaborate.

Highly recommend you put another $200 aside and you can buy a decent new CZ. Prices might even drop with the new rimfire model landing soon.
Not only is it a fantastic rifle but it will keep it's value better and will last multiple lifetimes cared for properly.

It is better to pay more for a high quality firearm that will be reliable and last a very long time than it is to spend less money on a firearm that is not as good.

You all sound like psychos. NO one really needs to shoot guns. Why is hunting and target shooting a hooby? Leave it to the professionals.

please go troll

Attached: fishgun.jpg (622x626, 31K)

I've decided to move to Kiwiland fellas, and our firearm laws is what tipped me over the edge. It's not worth jumping through hoops to own something you can have without registering elsewhere. I'll send you pics of my armoury when I'm over there

Attached: 223-sa-096-2-203451.jpg (799x211, 16K)

Australia, where the best thing they can say about themselves is "at least we arent england"

Doesn't mean we enjoy it, user. The problem is that there are no free lands on this world left to go to, otherwise I would have left already. It's a stupid dream, but I sometimes think about SA, WA, and the NT seceding and wonder what life would be like.

giddyup

Best of luck, user.

Thanks homies, won't let you down

What kind of funs can you own in kiwiland? I know they have a great car culture, never really looked into the firearms side of things.

They can own semi-autos, pump and semi shotguns, etc. Basically everything that you want to own in Australia but can't.

They're second only to the US pretty much, as far as 1st world countries go. As long as you have a licence, there is no limit to how many guns you can own, storage req's are pretty similar to aus though. No registration for anything, you can buy cash in hand and stash away whatever you want. They have a mag capacity limit of 7 for semi autos only, but you can buy whatever you want like drum mags, as long as you don't take them to the range with you

Silencers are also completely unrestricted as far as I can tell. You can have rifles chambered in 50. bmg as well, with no special permits
I was reading a forum of theirs talking about buying 20mm kit, totally unrestricted, sounds like import is the only complicated part

Why aren't you supporting Australian gunmakers yet?

Attached: la102doc.png (800x263, 101K)

I would if they were fuckin in stock

What if I want to become a gunmaker?

I'll support you user

You mean a French company that makes exploding barrels?

What are auscuc/k/ approved jobs for someone just out of uni? Didn't fall for the tafe meme

Join the army.

I'm assuming you dropped out, since you didn't mention what course you did at uni.

Fucking when

I have three Lithgow rifles. None of them were made in the last seventy years, but nonetheless...

Milsurp?

RPR still has a waiting list afaik

No rego for "standard" long arms
"Military style" longarms need to be registered but the licence is easy to get
Handgun licence is similar to Australia without the mag and calibre restrictions
As a collector you can get a machine gun licence but you're not allowed to shoot the working machine guns you own (dumb but whatever, pretty sure most machine gun owners ignore that)
Silencers can be mail ordered

>What's the catch?
Might cost some time and money. You'll need a strong room, CCTV and alarms connected to the police, indoor CCTV etc. Also, you can't just buy guns, you have to sell some too. Probably other shit im missing. Maybe some other user can tell you more.

Attached: 1499447651818.jpg (650x366, 39K)

Also unless you have connections and references in the industry who are willing to vouch for you, you just aren't going to get approval. That includes contacts in the police and government as well as firearms industry.