/sgg/ Shotgun General: Pimp My Scattergun Edition

Got the Magpul forend, rail, red dot, light, and side saddle all installed, and I'm ready to rock. Show off your scatterbwoys - plain or fancy!

Attached: shockmagpul.jpg (4032x3024, 3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=4792
sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/133092
store.frontier-justice.com/shotguns/pump-action-shotguns/maverick-88-pump-12-ga-20-3-black-synthetic-blue-finish
store.frontier-justice.com/shotguns/pump-action-shotguns/hr-pardner-pump-12-ga-185-3-black-synthetic-black-finish
remingtondefense.com/shotguns/870-police/bead-sight/24903.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

12 gauge is better in every way.

Attached: memewave.jpg (1334x750, 311K)

Just stop.

I am just stating a fact

Asked this in the QTDDOT thread but didn't get a response.

Police 870's come with an 18" barrel that is, as far as I can tell, /EXACTLY/ 18," if not slightly less if their figure of 45.7cm (17.992in) is to be believed.

If I were to purchase one, would my dog be in danger?

Also I guess what should I expect from an apparently recent production police remmy?

You're fine

Your dogs would be safe. Expect wear and the possibility of having to replace something like the extractor or ejector.

Attached: D696B9FD-58F1-4EF8-A09A-3A079F5862B4.jpg (1600x1200, 329K)

The ATF is an understaffed, underfunded, small agency. It concentrates on bigtime gun runners, and frankly can't be arsed to go after every minor NFA violation on the part of otherwise law-abiding citizens. They're not going to come down to your local range with a tape measure to see if your shotgun barrel is half an inch too short. Just not gonna happen. Breathe easy.

Good to hear

It doesn't actually seem to have been used much. Not sure what the story is behind it, but it wasn't an issued gun. Don't know who the previous owner was or how they got it, but they didn't seem to use it much.

Is it just a Police Magnum or something?

Attached: 78BC156D-746C-43C4-8CE2-BBF5125BE60C.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

how hard could it be to replace the stock on a mossberg 500 with a pistol grip?

i think i will do it, instead of spending money on something expensive this might tide me over

shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=4792

You need one long flathead and you can do it

Why are Rem 870s such fucking rust magnets and what can I do to prevent this? I've got one that I've tried to blue and it still comes back. Still operates, surprisingly, but goddamn.

>28 gauge
fag

Don't be a faggot

whats a good shotgun for a first time shotgun buyer. i always wanted an 870 but heard that remington went to shit when jew bankers bought them out.

for a shotgun to be non nfa, does it have to be 26" overall AND a barrel no shorter than 18" or is it just one or the other. Ive read conflicting articles.

Tac 14

Mossberg shockwave

Imagine being a giant fag

Is the brace worth it? It looks real comfy with the DSF

Attached: 590-SBM4-01-SB-1.jpg (400x250, 8K)

no

yes

Remington 870 has better accessories. Mosscuck is shit.

Shit tier b8 you aren't getting my (you)

Mossberg 500 or 930, Remington 870, 100, or 1187, Winchester 1300. If you want a home defense gun get an 18-20 inch barrel. If you want a long hunting gun get a 24-30 inch barrel. Don't buy a long duck barrel and think you'll just buy a shorter barrel. It's the most expensive part and you can just get a second shotgun.

its gonna be a browning for me

Attached: WIN_20190211_12_06_01_Pro.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Don't listen to these fucking retards recommending you buy a stockless shotgun. They are worse in every functional way to a stocked shotgun excluding length(a metric that is irrelevant to 99.99% of people). If you can get a pre-2007 870, they are very well made shotguns with huge aftermarkets. If you want something new, get a Mossberg 500/590/ Maverick 88. Newer Remington generally function but are rust magnets.

What’s the most rust resistant, rugged shotgun I can use as a beater?

I live on a coastline and want a hunting shotgun (Preferably single shot) that won’t rust on me (I’ve had AKs rust to shit within a couple months with bi weekly cleanings)

Attached: E7CBCC9B-F65B-4E53-AEDB-AF72C6DD05AD.jpg (829x1200, 223K)

Brand new Remington 870

>Robar
>Ceracoat
>Rattlecan
>Parkerize

Lots of options. Bluing would be my last choice unless it's a hunting weapon and you want that classic blue and wood aesthetic.

get a benelli.

just bought a new 870 recently, as in pic

been happy with it, but as far as specifically being "rust resistant" i've heard bad things from a couple of different people on them honestly, so i'm not sure if it's the best choice for that concern specifically

Attached: 20190216_201617.jpg (3264x1836, 1.78M)

(You) can suck a dick, and enjoy it, faggot

Don't listen to those fuckers. Your Remmy's patina will come through like a fine aged wine. Only recommendation is invest in a better folding stock, the ATI is kinda garbage

he's right you know

Nope.

I've been getting a bunch of light primer strikes with my Maverick 88 lately. I disassembled the bolt and cleaned the firing pin channel, and that seems to have helped a little, but I'm still getting some here and there.I ordered a new firing pin and firing pin spring from Midway - does everyone figure that might help? Maybe I just got a badly heat treated Mexican spring from the factory.

Alright /ssg/, my birthday is coming up and I want to buy my first shotgun. I've settled on an 870 Police, but I have 2 options:

1. A new production gun
2. A used, pre-Freedom Group Police trade-in

Which one is likely to be better quality? I can't inspect either one before buying, and the new 870P is about 50% more money.

Attached: 1366218064710.jpg (1280x960, 303K)

Definitely the older pre-FG 870 police. Apparently, the FG has had sense enough to make sure the 700 actions they give to the FBI and the 870 police models they sell to LEO outfits are not like the complete and utter shit they sell to the civilian market, but I would still buy the older Remington police 870 if given the option.

I put that white lettering bushnell on my shockwave and it literally fell apart after about 40 rounds in one session (12ga flitewad and slugs)
Pic related is today, just got the primary arms dot in the mail and I'm going to sight it in tomorrow. Hogue grip comes Monday.

Attached: Shocker.jpg (3841x4310, 2.1M)

easiest ever

yup

sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/133092

If their stock is anything like that one, it was made in the 90's. I think the one listed in the pictures was made in 1995.
Im salty that I missed out on the Ohio National Guard shotguns by like 30 minutes. Mother fuckers posting how they bought like 4.

Attached: 1550786852177.jpg (918x1224, 736K)

Those must be pre-FG Expresses, it looks like they have an aluminum trigger group.

Obviously pre-FG Express will be better than post-FG Expess, but would pre-FG Express be as good as a post-FG Police?

I cant tell you for certain because I've handled neither. I've only handled my 2010 express that has issues with Winchester shells. If I had to choose I'd go 90's era pre-FG magnum. But Id much rather get a Police 870 built off the old Wingmaster receiver which is what the Ohio National Guard 870's were and they were being sold I think in the 200 to 300 range.

Attached: 870.jpg (1600x1200, 301K)

i was tempted to go for the "law enforcement use only" stamped ones, but most of the ones i was seeing for sale were minimum $150 and it seemed hard to justify spending nearly half the cost of the gun on the stock. if one comes up for under $100, I'll probably pick it up though

Are the H20 Novas good? How durable is the finish?

We should just unfund them now.

Hey I'm a faggot and am trying to buy this gun,is it any good? Will I regret not buying the mossberg? savage Steven's 320

Attached: 10710452.jpg (410x410, 8K)

Get a Maverick 88 instead.

That was the one I asked to see but they were sold out so I went with the savage cause it was on sale

>will i regret not buying the mossberg
once you actually get one yea

One of the Marine models with the nickel finish would work.
You could also send your gun to Robar and get it coated in NP3+

mfw spot that 590A1 retrograde for 700 near me. Should I get it /sgg/? I think it's a decent deal, I couldn't replace and add the furniture or heat shield for a much different price, maybe save 50 bucks at most.

Attached: 1401850155175.jpg (305x406, 24K)

It's not going to explode in you face, if that's what you are worried about. Assuming you don't shoot the absolute shit out of it, you should be OK. Still, you would have been better off buying the Mossberg, yeah.

Why put a stock on it?

not a stock

Don't mind me, just the best pump action on the market

Attached: received_1870567839737596.jpg (3024x4032, 1.96M)

Buddy had one, its decidedly okay, its worse than a maverick which idnkinda shit as is. Spend a lil more and get a 500

The recoil is a bit aggressive. But not bad.

How would I go about building this thing in Canada? We don't have any SBS laws up here but I'm having trouble finding short-barreled shockwaves because they're all made for the American market

>buy mossberg 500
>buy 14" barrel/tube kit
>buy a similar stock

i dunno your laws so
if you can just do what said
Parts list for mine...
TacStar Railmount with Slimline Saddle
Meprolight Trudot Night Bead Sight
MFT Torch Backup Light
Pimary Arms SLxZ Red Dot Sight
Hogue Grip 15000
TacStar Shotgun Stock adapter 1081230
(get whatever AR15 stock and tube combo you want because you don't have to deal with pistol braces)

Attached: 1535193652189.jpg (403x537, 15K)

Not him but I just want to say the ATI T3 stock is pretty nice too, though the bufer tube thing is plastic and you can't change out the actual stock.

Newer Remington 870s have worse problems than just rust. Their ejectors are pinned into place rather than screwed in, which means if the ejector breaks you have to drill it out. That's a huge oversight and it speaks to other manufacturing missteps.

yeah that's good too. The adapters are only nice because they allow you some degree of customization. Put a UBR on that bitch if you wanna

Do any of you have experience with the cheap mag tube mount tri-rails they sell on eBay?

yeah, i over tightened one once and it broke through and marred my barrel

What kind of shot is best for home/property defense?

Federal Flite Control Wad #1 Buck
Federal Hollowpoint Slugs if you feel like you want to use slugs

Newfag to guns here, looking to get a pump, currently looking at
store.frontier-justice.com/shotguns/pump-action-shotguns/maverick-88-pump-12-ga-20-3-black-synthetic-blue-finish
or
store.frontier-justice.com/shotguns/pump-action-shotguns/hr-pardner-pump-12-ga-185-3-black-synthetic-black-finish
Because of how cheap they are, but I wanted to get your guy's opinions on them. Also recommendations for pumps and general gun advice welcomed.

What a uniquely convienent topic for a random thought I had.

So, question. Is there any reason the magazine tube can't be above the barrel instead of below it? What sort of mechanical difficulties would prevent such a design?

You want your sights and aiming lines to be close the bore of your gun. You don't want sights elevated by a 1" magazine tube.

just got this as my one shotgun for the time being. shitty pic but i can't be assed to take a better one

Attached: ithaca.jpg (4032x3024, 2.26M)

The Mav is Jow Forums‘s standard recommended poorfag gun. It’s good to go.
I use Hornady Varmint Express #4 buckshot. #4 is the best balance between stopping power and risk of overpenetration.

UTAS UTS-15 does that but with two magazine tubes

Very rare to see under $100 but only ones in $100 range will be rough.

>The Mav is Jow Forums‘s standard recommended poorfag gun. It’s good to go.
Alright thank you

Also one more question, what does it mean by blue finish? Does the gun have a blue tint when you put it under a light? Kind of hard to tell by the picture.

bluing is just one type of surface finish, generally more common among older guns

This is my baby right here.

Attached: kel-tec-ksg-pump-shotgun-1308872-1.jpg (738x738, 89K)

Oh it's a way to protect against rust, among other things. Thanks for answering my questions.

I thought all 870 ejectors were pinned. Maybe someone's done a mod where the 870 ejector is attached with screws instead?

I can't remember where, but I read the ejector spring isn't actually needed for ejection. I believe the 1100 and 1187 use the same ejector as the 870, but the former have no ejector spring and they work fine. Given that the ejector spring is the part that usually breaks (as opposed to the ejector) the pinning isn't much of a problem.

Attached: 870_ejector.jpg (800x485, 76K)

What's Jow Forums's verdict on the aesthetics of the Crimson Trace Lasersaddle?

No reason at all why you can't, but since quality pump guns are cheap and since many of the roles shotguns used to full have been filled by the AR nobody has devoted the resources to make a decent Halo shotgun.
At the end of the day my favorite gun to shoot is my 590, but I don't actually depend on it for defense. I leave that to Glock and LMT. So if someone came out with a top tube wondergun for $500 I still wouldn't buy it.

>bushnell
>no mount

gross. op, please get a decent optic at least a sig or holosun, those will probably come with a mount as well, i mean this with the most sincerity.

It does have a mount, How do you think I attached it to the rail?

Based.

Good luck finding a 870 Police with wood furniture and an extended mag tube.
It's do-able, but took some time and willingness to pay $575+shipping+fees

Attached: topfolder.jpg (2624x1136, 748K)

>The plastic overfolder
Dont do that to yourself.

Attached: IMG_20190224_031529014~2.jpg (2359x3000, 1.01M)

Unironically the KS7 looks like a really useful home defense gun.

>Good luck finding a 870 Police with wood furniture and an extended mag tube.

You mean used? Because you can order those new at any LGS with an Remington Defense distributor.

remingtondefense.com/shotguns/870-police/bead-sight/24903.html

i shot one at a range once, wasnt happy with the tube selector being loose and falling into the middle position which made it so you couldnt pull a shell in. is this a common problem?

Don't buy new. Get a used Wingmaster from the 60s-90s.

Attached: MVIMG_20171111_121345.jpg (1745x1309, 887K)

God it's so purty

Attached: 1515351451924.png (437x407, 5K)

can you get a brace for a shockwave in ny? is it even worth it?

Yes, no, defeats the gimmick

buckshot loads in general
federal flite control is awesome

>H2O

completely unnecessary unless you're bathing in saltwater. benelli barrels are chrome lined, and everything else is finished extremely well.