Jow Forums boot thread?

Jow Forums boot thread?

Looking for a new pair of boots, for use in wet, muddy, boggy shit conditions and doing lots of loaded marches.

Had a pair of Meindl Cobras for about a year and a half now and they've gone to shit, don't get me wrong they served me very well and are still fine to walk/run with but they've lost all ability to stop water and seams are starting to come undone so I dont think they'll last much longer.

Any recommendations Jow Forums?

Attached: Meindl cobras.jpg (600x600, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Danner-East-Ridge-8-Inch-Hiking/dp/B00BFDNASK/ref=sr_1_43?keywords=hiking boots men leather 8 inch&qid=1550926924&s=gateway&sr=8-43
salomon.com/en-us/shop/men/collection/forces.html
redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/4217-red-wing-shoes/4217-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-black
columbia.com/mens-newton-ridge-plus-ii-waterproof-hiking-boot---wide-1594732.html
garmont.com/en/products/tactical/t8-extreme-gtx
olive-drab.com/od_soldiers_clothing_combat_ww2_jumpboots.php
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

amazon.com/Danner-East-Ridge-8-Inch-Hiking/dp/B00BFDNASK/ref=sr_1_43?keywords=hiking boots men leather 8 inch&qid=1550926924&s=gateway&sr=8-43
I hiked through the Catskills with these through 4 feet of snow recently No water got in Feet were dry and toasty they're Not too stiff and not too flexible They look good and are very comfortable for long duration's of walking

Ill have a look thanks.

Np OP Take Care

haha my danners have shit the bed after 6 months. $200 for a pair of boots where the stitching started to come undone after 3 months. just lol.

Have this same pair, going on about 2 years of work and occasional hiking, never had a problem with water getting through even in deep snow until i ripped a hole in them at work, also Very comfy boots. Almost time to replace them. I may get the same thing.

What model did you get?

The Salomon quest 4d is my favorite hiking boot I’d recommend going a whole size up

Attached: 380F5B68-1576-4885-BAC7-98EBFE85A964.jpg (900x900, 129K)

Not OP, but are Salomons really that good? I have some runners that have lasted me for quite a while, but I see that Salomon boots are considered as “operator-tier” for some reason.

Matterhorns > *

>Inb4 zoomers show up and shit up the thread with Chinese "custom" vans that wear out in 6 months
I got some Corcoran 1500s for 25$ at a thrift store nib, I like the look and the fit but I really doubt I could go anywhere with rocks or incline with a flat sole.

How did they fight both world wars with these?

Attached: IMG_20190223_121334164.jpg (3120x4160, 3.68M)

Unironically danners that cost more than 200.

Diff user here. I have a pair of the Quest 4D 2 GTXs and they're pretty comfy. If you're not in an overly cold/wet area the Goretex (GTX) models can get a little warm in the summer. Other than that, they're great.

Salomon also has a "Forces" lineup that look to be more geared towards operators and operating so you can take a look at those.
salomon.com/en-us/shop/men/collection/forces.html

With grit, zoomer.

That's fair, I still might get these resoled if I end up taking them hiking.

The whole reason for rubber lugged soles is because Vitale Bramani had 6 friends die in one trek because of what he thought was shitty footwear so he made the lugged mountain sole.

Attached: IMG_20190223_123248432.jpg (4160x3120, 2.97M)

I have a strange urge to straight lace those boots and polish them.

They wear like dress shoes so that's not so far off.

/thread

HAIX 2005.
German Bundeswehr issue boots.

Pic related dates to 2015, some bunker me mates and I found while doing STALKER style larping. They are still good to this day.

Attached: DSCI0847.jpg (4000x3000, 2.62M)

Get Solovairs if you want shoes made to old Doc Marten standards. Same factory before the Doc Marten brand moved to India or China or some shit.

Attached: img_5129.jpg (1640x1230, 822K)

RIGHT? I used to have a pair of these as duty boots. I remember eating it one winter when opening a manual sliding main gate for a client- my feet just shot right out from underneath me. Other than the sole, a really solid pair of boots, though.

The duty boots I've been using for about the last six years or so are a good pair of side zip Rocky paratrooper boots with a ten inch shaft. Now those are super solid. Just need to get them resoled and they're still good to roll.

Attached: JZeXMsQ.jpg (2988x5312, 717K)

>Not training your feet to be indestructible
>Paying hundreds of dollars for footwear
Cucked and soipilled

Attached: Dual-Survivor-Cody-Lundin-relationship-career.jpg (600x450, 62K)

Got enough water, retard?

I mean, it was enough to keep our 40 man team hydrated in the field for a few days, so I guess so, friend.

unthread\

Boots—boots—boots—boots—movin’ up and down again! There’s no discharge in the war!

fuck you
I want kommandoradio back

I got these a while back when I still did manual labor. Steel toed.

redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/4217-red-wing-shoes/4217-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-black

Attached: RW04217C_MUL_N1_0615.jpg (640x640, 38K)

Yeah, sure. I bet they gave you a free set of waterwings and made you sign a waiver when you bought all that fucking water. You drank it all. And don't you deny it again.

Attached: fight-me-u-lil-bitch-30177540.png (500x522, 155K)

Used Magnums for most of my life but the last two pairs I bought were disappointing so I would have to advise against them. They used to be fantastic.

All of my military brahs recommended Belleville to me, so I bought the 300TROPST. Waiting to switch jobs or for my Magnums to completely fall apart before I try them out though, so no experience with it yet.

welp, you got me. unfortun𝘢tely i w𝘢s not issued w𝘢ter wings 𝘢nd drown. it w𝘢s the wurst.

I fuckin knew it m8.

Attached: 1504455665266.png (640x444, 320K)

something is fucked up with your 'a' key I think

Anyone tried the Solomon Jungle Ultras? Any good?

Attached: jungle-ultra__L37950100.jpg (900x900, 267K)

They're dead now, user. They've been using cheap Chinese labour for a couple of years bow and the quality of those boots is going downhill fast. It's a shame, but we all have to accept it, they fall apart and don't have longevity anymore.

StaY hYdrAtED, user.

>Looking for a new pair of boots, for use in wet, muddy, boggy shit conditions and doing lots of loaded marches.
Ask some Army dudes or Marines. They do a lot of that marching shit.

>he doesn't know about hydration

I’ve always enjoyed minimalist footwear and recently bought some lems boulder boots, pretty great real comfortable I’m excited to go hike some good mountains trails this summer in em
>t. Alaskan 11c

Attached: 8B2FC955-7E12-4D7D-A771-FFBEE9F9BE21.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

eyyyyyyyyy i posted this boot in the kicks thread the other day. as a cross-poster from /out/ can say this is a solid boot. park ranger and hunter approved

if i dont see some qt Jow Forums traps in boots and then showing off their feet i will be severely disappointed

Attached: hes gonna take it in from the ass.jpg (720x480, 122K)

Crispi SWAT

Attached: crispi.jpg (800x800, 94K)

no tread urbanfag

say what?

feet are not my thing tho, sry

Attached: DSCI1386.jpg (4000x2428, 2.25M)

this looks tasty

it looks like adidas tried to make a boot

might as well die

Attached: 1513189302615.gif (500x384, 951K)

They did, and it does

Attached: adidas gsg9 boot.jpg (640x509, 56K)

NZ or AUS?

BEST

Attached: 381535_207_T8_LE_BLACK_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 158K)

Just got my second pair. My first pair lasted me about two years of daily use in the military. Comfy as fuck, and very good quality.
My old pair of adidas gsg9.2 lasted me like 6 month before they went to shit

150€, not even that bad for a good boot.

columbia.com/mens-newton-ridge-plus-ii-waterproof-hiking-boot---wide-1594732.html

I wear these in and outside of work... Good for all terrain types & comfy. The fact they're waterproof means they don't air out well

Thanks user, they're so amazing you didn't even bother to tell us what they are.

Not him. That's a Garmont t8

>treadless boots and shoes
Useless. Utterly useless.

If you retards opened your eyes youd realize i already said as much and was shocked when I learned this was the paratrooper issue boots from WWII all the way to the vietnam war.

Get your shit together you retards.

I got these boys

Attached: 20190223_180150.jpg (4032x1960, 1.59M)

Yes. Short "break in" period and they're very durable. They make my MOABs feel like walmart teir boots.

Corcorans don't come in men's sized, though, user. They literally run small and narrow, like women's sizes

I'm very unhappy that Carolina stopped making these guys; it's really hard to find my size, and these fit amazingly well right out of the box and so far have been great

Attached: CarolinaBoots.jpg (330x255, 52K)

Git gud, civvies
garmont.com/en/products/tactical/t8-extreme-gtx

Attached: 71lpwAvMirL._UY395_.jpg (395x395, 18K)

I can vouch for these, very good support and good for not killing your feet long distance

Attached: TR350__53058.1441204027.600.600.jpg?c=2.jpg (576x565, 39K)

awesome! now just get urself some red laces and youre good to go

...are you a hunting park ranger, user?

>operator-tier
>made in India
lol no
Salomons are not durable.
Disregard if you only ever walk in a flat, featureless area.

I hear Solomons fall apart quickly, this was told to me by 2 employees at REI.

>Corcorans don't come in men's sized
Totally, thats why you have to order a completely different model of boot if you want a womans sized boot, god your fucking retarded
>They literally run small and narrow
Like dress shoes? Yeah I already said that.

fucking boot

How are Bates boots? I've seen opinions all over the place on them.

>Looking for a new pair of boots, for use in wet, muddy, boggy shit conditions and doing lots of loaded marches

Attached: Jungle Boot.jpg (224x219, 6K)

They're not the worst thing ever but damn, they're really not good.

If you get those style jungle boots make sure they're not the chink copies. The leather they use in those is treated with toxic oils. If you bring them into your house the odor is very bad and will give you headaches, leading many who bought them to believe they're cancerous or otherwise cause lasting negative health effects.

The quality of Bates is half as good as 5.11 boots, which are pretty shit (just the rubber at least, everything else has held up to 2 years of abuse).

The hell you say. Good thing some of oldfags stashed a bunch of issue.

Few hundred miles with Danner Super Rainforest so far and like them greatly. My daily footwear for few months. Great in snow and mud but shite on ice. Unless you're trying to slide. Very durable thicc leather. Not cold or hot for most part, run large. Not great to drive in. Used to it now.
Came from a 6" Zamberlain that were shit. Fuck their customer service and warrenty. Pastaniggers ripped me off.

Attached: 20180913_151443.jpg (4032x1960, 2.75M)

Corcoran jump boots. For over 70 years, the choice of true operators. As cheap as $120, they're leather, and will last you your lifetime if you just clean them and polish them every so often. These aren't the plastic and nylon fag boots wore by wanna-bes, They're perfect for kicking the asses of larper noguns cock suckers who save their allowance to buy a Glock and a PSA Classic Freedom parts kit that will stay unassembled in their closet forever.

Attached: Corcoran Jump Boots.jpg (286x320, 11K)

those are pretty nice. wonder if they come with a composite safety toe

I got a pair of the OG ones with a smooth waffle sole for 25$ at a thrift store.

>those are pretty nice. wonder if they come with a composite safety toe

They make a work boot version, too. They look the same, but have the safety toe, I think. Check them on Amazon, then shop the version you want on Google. Best value in a boot, and old school paratroops and Army Rangers will recognize them

What are these "boots" does anyone know?
I know they're shit for innawoods but I just like them.

Attached: unobtainium.png (185x152, 48K)

>I got a pair of the OG ones with a smooth waffle sole for 25$ at a thrift store.

You scored hard, bro. They fit ok, or did they feel like someone else's foot for awhile?

They;re called "fruit boots," and come with complimentary knee pads and a bib.

They were nib, I already posted some pics above of them, the only wear on them is what I put on them

Attached: IMG_20190223_123245514.jpg (4160x3120, 2.94M)

Damn, you got lifetime boots for $25. Banging deal.

Thrift stores, the bigger the better, 99% there's nothing but then you get great finds, it's funny they were right next to some fox jungle boots that were falling apart that caught my eye, I only got these after I passed on them.

kek

Attached: fruitboots.jpg (550x466, 42K)

Man I wanted a pair of these so bad until I found out about the retard-tier FLANNEL lining. Fine for you, Alaskabro, but dumb as hel for this Texan.

>tfw even the non-leather models have the stupid flannel lining

Belleville and altama still make good jungle boots but like the other user said, the chink copies are AWFUL

they are confy af and great when just broken in but they will fall apart just from walking in them

footlet cope baka

I really like the way my Salo boots and runners fit, but the upper to lower seams were tearing out after about 6 months of regular use. I've shoe goo'd em back together, but I'd be pissed if I had payed full price for them.

Well we cant all be hamplanets with feet like water balloons you fat cuck.

olive-drab.com/od_soldiers_clothing_combat_ww2_jumpboots.php
Wow, its almost like you are a huge retard or something

Got some nice Bates tacticals during a sale a few years ago, they've held up great to quite a lot of walking and jogging on cement, rocks, dirt, and swamp, and they're surprisingly warm and comfy in cold weather. Kept my feet warm when I took a trip up north during winter and had to trudge through knee deep snow in -17 degree weather. There's no metal in them at all though so I wouldn't suggest a pair if you're working in an environment where you run a risk of dropping heavy shit on your feet.

Attached: BTSM-E02261-113017-F18-000.jpg (790x657, 39K)

>Any recommendations
I don't know if this is still valid:
I have a pair of Red Wing boots. 30 years old. They look pretty worn, but still in good shape.

I also have a pair of Rockport construction shoes, 20 years old. Vibram soles and steel toes. But low sides, so they look acceptable in the office. They've been resoled once, but the leather uppers are still in good shape.