What are you working on Jow Forums

I decided to attempt a cold blue on my uzi project. It came out...okay. not professional by any means, but a good learning experience.
Whats on the work bench?

Attached: Screenshot_20190223-183223_Gallery.jpg (1080x1030, 856K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/k/image/1484/07/1484077085041.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm thinkin about capitalizing on RAS47s being absolute junk and buy them for $200 and trying to rig up a counterbalance system to one

Waiting on a barrel/heatshield for my mossberg 500 and trying to decide if I should get a brownells slide for my p80 build but don't know if they're any good.

What exactly makes RAS47s shit? Ive never messed with one. I have an N-PAP from century and it's actually really good. An ak seems really hard to fuck up

I just completed my Uzi build. I used the dark gray parkerizing (Alumahyde II) to match the existing Israeli finish instead of bluing. I must admit to liking your blueing job; looks great.

I put several hundred rounds through it the other night without a single stoppage. Very impressed.

Are you converting your own FA bolt to semi, or are you buying a converted semi bolt? I have a bolt conversion in progress, but after messing up my initial conversion (firing pin channel too off center) I bought a converted bolt to use in the meantime.

Attached: 0214192237a~2.jpg (4286x2988, 2.64M)

I finished cleaning up a really ragged Stevens 311A. Had to repair the stock in a few places, fix a loose internal screw, and grind down a comically oversized recoil pad it came with but it looks decent now. Not bad for $100.

Attached: IMG_20190109_144008.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

I'm just taking the pussy way out and buying an '80s IMI gun as soon as I can find a seller who isn't smoking crack. Gonna SBR it.

I'm working on a 308 galil from an arm kit. I have an incomplete cad file for the barrel. I'm on a internship right now so no time to work on it. But a known 308 galil hoarder lives less than an hour from my internship so I can go get the rest of the barrel specs from him and maybe do a chamber cast. I need to follow up with him. As of now I'm just collecting more parts. I need to buy a blank and a reamer so my brother can turn it down for me

Attached: 20181109_083858.jpg (4160x2080, 2.47M)

Yours looks great.
I wish i would have invested in the equipment to do a hard parkarization. I cheaped out on this project tbqh. However i plan on refinishing the tip cover, trigger pack, and stock.
Im also going to be modifying my FA bolt. More or less to just fit the semi receiver
>SHALL

I still need to order my mags and receiver

NPAPs are built in Yugoslavia from forged steel parts and Century imports them.

RAS47 are built by Century using the cheapest possible parts they could source in the United States. Instead of forging the load bearing components they cast them like an iron skillet.

I don't think casting is solely to blame, because ruger mini30s are nearly 100% cast and are very durable, but whatever metal Century uses is just awful.

materials are bad. they made it out of the wrong shit in the wrong way to be cost effective.
sometimes its just assembly is fucked up and you can salvage those with a rebuild. american aks are that and made out of the wrong shit.

So much shit right now.

I'm threading the FAL barrel and converting 3 different Saigas.

Were you just on the "whats your next purchase" thread?
I plan on SBRing mine. Im trying to find out now if i can "permanently" attach my folding stock in the folded position and have it still considered a pistol.

gunpartscorp has a pretty decent price on parts kits

I was considering one of these in .223 or an RPK as my next project. I love the aesthetica of the ARM.
Unpopular opinion, i think IMI makes the coolest shit

The cheapest i found was from numrich

It does look sexy. If my barrel comes out well I was considering making a lot of 10 or so to sell.

Fuck, forgot the trip
Based. My next build after I finish this shit () is going to be a Galil.
Yeah, I just put in an order for a couple parts for the FAL and really debated whether I wanted to spring for a kit right now, but I figured I couldn't afford it.

You doing the barrels from scratch or modifying them?

Guise. Help.

I just bought the Type 2 cut parts kit from Apex, a semi bolt and striker, 80% receiver and threaded barrel with faux suppressor.

Is there anything else I need or should get? Any tips? Stuff to look out for?

Thanks in advance gentlemen, I’m excited to build an Uzi, been wanting one since I was a kid.

user user!

Im making swift links!

Im not going to make a retarded reddit joke about can openers because thats gay!

Attached: nigger.jpg (1253x810, 213K)

Where did you get your receiver from?

Based
How did you bend yours?

Receiver is from RTGparts, came highly rated but desu I bought it totally blind, this is either going to be an awesome PCC or a interesting wall hanger.

Yeah, he's gtg. I got a few AK mags from him. Fair pricing, a little high but that's what you get from merchants instead of private sales.

Hope youre good at welding.

May i purchase one?

Well actually it was my buddy and I talking about taking a welding class that even made me realize I had the ability to build something like this. His dad has equipment and experience to help us, plus I acquired the welding jig from RTG as well.

Attached: 1549140796298.jpg (575x619, 24K)

this Shockwave, zeroing it tomorrow, got a hogue grip coming for it on Monday. After that idunno.

Attached: Shocker.jpg (3841x4310, 2.1M)

I am refinishing and upgrading one of those beretta 92s police handguns. Got a new replacement lanyard loop and have sanded out all the dings so it doesn't look like it was dragged behind a truck for 10 miles anymore. Polished the feed ramp and chamber too. Still gotta get an updated locking block and duracoat it. Looking to try the durablue gloss blue black finish.

Based and swiftpilled.

Yeah. What is yours now?I Pistol? Rifle? You can't change what it is. A stocked pistol is an AOW and a rifle is an SBR.

I want an original. The '80s IMI semis were designed by Uzi Gal and built on the same line as the subguns.

I'm working on this AR10 build at the moment. I still need the gas system, a bolt carrier, and a muzzle device. And an optic of course, but that will come later. Last night I installed the barrel nut and handguard which was harder than I thought it was going to be. I also didn't put grease on the barrel before installing it... I just put anti-seize on the threads. Did I fuck up?

Attached: 154975383985.png (1196x780, 1.49M)

Suppressor for this'n
Also a Surefire M600DF
MBT-2S coming for it whenever they ship it
aaaand what else does it need

Attached: IMG_20190215_134411.jpg (3840x2160, 1.74M)

Metallurgist who deals with casting here. I dont know what there making them out of specifically but I am guessing they tried ductile iron based on how badly they blew up. You could cast them but I dont think they want to spend the cash it would take to do it right
I am going to turn them on a CNC lathe. I have a print I made from pictures from several people with virgin barrels but I am going to attempt to ask someone to let me finger fuck theirs for a little while. I just need a couple more dimensions.

Attached: specs.png (1920x1080, 302K)

So wouldnt it in its regular configuration with a 10.5" barrel and stock be an AOW?

>forgot the trip
Maybe you should keep forgetting it faggot

lmao get dabbed on loser

Attached: dabbing child's bear.jpg (647x808, 237K)

It's hard to fuck up an ak with city sized production plants with years of refinement and experience while the cost is being handled by the state. Trying build one that'll hold to any decent ak standard without soviet supplied tooling with no experience while trying to make it at a price the average retard wont ignore or make an enthusiast ask "why" is a bit harder. Corners are cut, dangerously so and you end up with a pot metal stamp free explosive at worst and a disposable wall hanger that'll die within a few thousand rounds maybe more at best. Stupid lore like "aks r supposed to be cheap" or "u cant fuck em up designs too good" helps keep them selling to guys who'll shoot it few times a year. Also helps competition is fucked due to import restrictions otherwise some of the best produced models would still be affordable and outperform anything century could make while being far cheaper.

I don't have a good jig or anything setup, just putting it in a benchvise with a slight rounded edge on the inside elbow of the bend like this. before bending I sanded the outside elbows with the finest grit emery cloth I had, I heard that helps with sheet metal bending to prevent fatigue or cracks or whatever, and then heated it with my propane torch. I based the measurements off eyeballing and this image by measuring the lettering on a postal box I already had
s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/k/image/1484/07/1484077085041.jpg
then by further hand fitting/filing and checking fit in the receiver, an easy way to do this is by putting it in the lower, cocking the hammer, then swinging the upper down on it and seeing if it trips the disconnecter or not, then fine tuning from there by doing the traditional function check of holding down the trigger and slowing riding the charging handle forward.
The metal is just from those cheapo 16GA steel 1x1 ft squares at home depot and lowes. I hope that helps!

also, whats a fast ghetto way to heat treat? just torch it till its red hot and dunk it in oil, or does that make it brittle?

Attached: Untitled4.png (653x368, 9K)

Imagine a modern Norinco for sale at your LGS for like $350

cleaning up a box of filthy Bren mags

Attached: box5.jpg (1777x1000, 566K)

Sadly my projects are on hold due to Washington-related panic buying.

>on hold
Federal Ordnance M713
Zastava M76
Polymer 80

>potential future projects
Nagant revolver carbine
BM 59
custom lever-action AR lower

Attached: M713 project.jpg (1920x1080, 1009K)

Imagine a shop's ak variety without all the bans. Finnish, Egypt, Russian, Chinese... God I hope Bush senior enjoys hell and Clinton suffers when he kicks the bucket with that lizard by his side.

Attached: 1550972914496.jpg (300x168, 8K)

I gotta put this back together at some point

Attached: IMG_0622.jpg (3648x2736, 3.2M)

Very nice. A Jager is on my wishlist.

I got it cheap because it was non-working, missing grips, and could not be disassembled (bunged-up screw)

Pic related is what takes a lot of Jagers out of commission

Attached: DSC_1026.jpg (1936x1296, 586K)

I also am doing an Uzi build, and will be trying to DIY the sear to make it semi auto. I have seem a few people give some info related to it, but I wish there was something more detailed, if I mess it up I am shit out of luck for finding a semi sear

what suppressor?

Should have gotten an A3

You don't think anyone is making new ones? I saw RTG, US Barrel, and Apex were out; but I figured they'd get it back in stock eventually. I'm not really looking to modify the sear

Don't you have to, to make it fit/work with a semi auto receiver/bolt?

If I had to guess I'd say it's just a barrel shroud and not a functioning suppressor

Does cold blueing smell as bad as people say?

I'll rephrase. If I have no other options then I'll figure out how to modify it, but it looks like a delicate process that I don't want to do unless I need to

Based Lugerman was able to troubleshoot my Steyr-Hahn

Attached: IMG_4183.jpg (2665x1161, 662K)

what was wrong?

meh

All coming along.

Attached: DSCN1555.jpg (620x349, 97K)

fuck
yes
the meme comes to life

Attached: I see.jpg (480x360, 25K)

Explain to me how you plan on installing the gas system with the handguard in place.

>Worked fine with 9mm Steyr Barrel
>Worked fine with first 9x19 barrel (returned, latent defect)
>Second barrel needed two trigger pulls or slapped on the side
>kept getting worse
>tried to shim with a flat spring, worked with no slide
>would not fire at all with slide on
>9mm Steyr barrel then needed two pulls

Lugerman says they have worked on these berfore, but never saw my problem: the groove in the disconnector (right side of pic related) had worn so much the trigger bar was too low to engage the sear properly

Spent a pretty penny but they fixed it proper, though a parts swap might have accomplished the same thing

Attached: Steyr-Hahn block.jpg (665x815, 206K)

How long have you been waiting on the second stamp now?

Haven't actually put in for it yet, had a bit of a delay on fingerprints.

a bottle of local whiskey. should be done in the next 5 minutes.

Need to troubleshoot this puppy, I know the spring that holds the cross-in that holds the cylinder pin has perished, but wanna know if the insides are okay

Attached: IMG_0571.jpg (3482x2457, 2.24M)

Currently working on a beat to shit SKS I bought for $140 maple dollars.
The guy i bought it from said the original factory mag keeps falling out so he tried to install an after market mag but I dunno what the fuck he was talking about. I took the gun apart and re-assembled it and the magazine seems to work just fine.
I was also told the gun was prone to slam firing, it looks like the firing pin was just really dirty.
Right now I'm trying to fix the bolt hold open tab, it never goes up all the way, and if you want to hold the bolt open you have to manually push the tab up with your fingers.
The gun also doesn't cycle properly, I have to pull the bolt back to chamber a new snap cap but I'll try to fix this later

Attached: sks 1.png (682x919, 1.32M)

Go research heat treating. It's a science and 98 percent of it is out there to read.

Cold bluing is mostly shit

Got a couple poverty ponies for 40 bucks a while back, looking to do a 300 blackout pistol build and maybe a grendel build

What did he charge you?

>what are you working on Jow Forums
I'm learning 3D modeling via designing a single shot 12 gauge bolt action, similar to Mauser model 71's in general layout and aesthetic. I love shotguns, I love early-modern bolt actions, so one of my more attainable dreams in life is to fabricate one in 12 gauge. Pic related.

Attached: deletethisgun.jpg (1024x272, 25K)

Nice. I royally fucked mine up.

Attached: 20180711_100304-1.jpg (3098x1614, 951K)

ARM I'm going to build, got mags, polymer handguard thats bipod cut and the bipod retainer not pictured, still need receiver, and need to somehow find wood and bipod assembly.

Attached: IMG-9186.jpg (2592x1936, 1.21M)

>what's on the work bench
Right now a FAL (Brazilian parts kit) picked up some extra furniture for rhodie cloning.
Still need headspace gauges and a couple other tools before I can get the barrel timed. I also have a CZ75 I'm replacing the trigger return spring on, when I get the courage to try again
>tfw both springs go flying

Attached: 20190218_124046.jpg (4032x3024, 3.68M)

can you get him to troubleshoot your camera next

cute. I'm in the same boat as you with my white argy on imbel. Receiver just came in.
Making this shitty pic made me realize the handguard thats currently on (for sure argy) is different from the set I got with the buttstock and I'm about to lose my mind because I can't find any info on them...

Attached: fakeargy.jpg (1942x1194, 447K)

My backlog (oldest to newest)

Get stainless mag tube made for Meridan Model 15

Troubleshoot P-64 safety flopping down after firing

Stain wood where sights were installed on Marlin 80 twins

Fix spring issue with Glisenti Model 1874 revolver

Assemble Jager

do your best Bruce Lee impression for us, user

You're gonna be a friggin legend

Attached: friendship ain't about trust, it's about nunchucks.gif (500x280, 922K)

>hebrew
Serves you right.

oy vey thats an authentic jooish mortar box used on the enemies of freedom don't disrespect our greatest ally ever again