Cross eye dominant handgun shooting

I'm a left eye dominant right handed shooter. I'm loading in snap caps randomly in my magazines and I can't notice any flinching or barrel movement on the trigger press. The most frustrating thing for me is that I'm putting all my rounds into a 2-3 inch group at 7 yards shooting fairly quickly but they're just low and slightly left when I'm using my left eye to sight the pistol. It doesn't matter how slow I take it and how smooth my trigger press is. I'm shooting both eyes open with the pistol raised to my left eye. I'm not a new shooter, I'm not new to Glock's. I shoot every handgun slightly left.

I'm using a thumbs forward high grip 70% support 30% strong on the pistol. Isosceles stance. I'm pressing the trigger with the joint of my index finger and getting a really solid and smooth straight back trigger press every single time.

Now here's the fucked off part. If I force myself to aim with my right eye, I put shots dead center of target.

Is this a legitimate phenomenon with cross dominant shooting? I forgot to add that I have a pretty severe astigmatism as well. I'm so frustrated at this point that I almost want to give up pistol shooting all together because I'm doing everything right and I still can't put shots poa poi.

Attached: cross-eye-dominant-shooting.png (462x233, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NKWplN5sA14
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>If I force myself to aim with my right eye, I put shots dead center of target.
Sounds like you need to train yourself to exclusively shoot with your right eye. Nigga, where's the issue here?

It doesn't work that way.

dominant eye trumps dominant hand. start shooting lefty unless youve been shooting so long holding the gun in your right is ingrained.

Clearly cause youre retarded

I've been shooting for 25 years, but only seriously for the last 5. I'm 32. It would be like trying to learn guitar again left handed.

You can't just change your dominant eye fella. Try to draw to your left eye and tell me how that works out for ya.

Keep both eyes open until just before you have the sights aligned, then slam shut your left eye and fire.
When you are done with the target, open both eyes, acquire new target, draw on it and repeat.

Or take it to the next level and ignore the sights all together, shooting instinctively with both eyes open. This is where you get out of the way and allow your eyes to tell your brain to tell your hands what to do.

>t. left eyed righty, former ranked shotgunner.

I suffer the same thing, except for some reason with metal frame pistols, only poly's sub compacts do it to me for my left eye and right hand. I end up with a very nice grouping of about .5-1 inch at 7 yard but if I close my left eye I'm dead center. On a full frame however I can use either eye without worry. It's fucking weird.

Attached: 1525399749608.png (226x193, 34K)

no offense but if your shooting 2-3inch groups at 7 yards and you aim is still off your training been dogshit. starting from scratch might be a good thing. if your that bad at 7 can you even hit anything at 25?

I have OPs physical problem. Problem solved by eye/hand coordination via practice practice practice.

Can open sight 15yard mag dump 9mm with less than 5 holes center mass.

Where do the other ten shots land?
Inb4 headshots

A 2-3 inch group at 7 yards is enough to put every round through the a zone on an ipsc target in the forehead. I don't think you realize how small 2 inches at 21 feet is.

ive taken brand new shooters to the range and had them be able to do 3 inch groups at 7 after a few hours. not all of em but a decent amount. if thats the best you can do after 5 years of practice and you still shoot to the left your methods are shit.
practice didnt make perfect practice made permanent and youve been practicing wrong.
that errors just going to get worse the farther back you move the target.

Gotta train it.
It’s an under developed muscle, and it can be made stronger.
What happens if you lose your dominate hand? Just gonna never write anything again? You train it, so you can still legibly write.

I’m left eye dominant and right handed

When I shoot, the handgun comes to a point that permits my left eye to direct the aim

Still learning how to sh

Still learning how to shoot long guns though

I wouldn't worry about those. ;-)

youtube.com/watch?v=NKWplN5sA14

>dominant eye
what are you talking about?

bing it

Wats bing? You mean Duckduckgo?

You're a fucking idiot. The guy didn't say "the best group I can print is 3 inches," he said he regularly does that while shooting quickly. If you want to tear down OP, talk about his shit accuracy but there's nothing wrong with his groups. That's well within both the CNS and heart at 7 yards and center of mass at 25. Also, you have no business instructing anyone on anything until you figure out how to type a coherent sentence with correct capitalization and punctuation because as it stands, you come off like an uneducated simpleton. Anyone who has had a "lesson" from you should be embarrassed to admit it.

its the fact hes been shooting seriously for 5 years and its now that he decides to fix shooting low and to the left. that shit should have been worked on or adapted to years ago. at this point is completely ingrained by repetition.

yes you can you retarded faggot
try getting into a motorcycle accident and having to wear an eyepatch for 3 months

fucking idiot

So what you're saying is, you have absolutely no valuable input and only came here to brag about your alleged shooting skill? What a contribution to the thread. You're essentially the tow truck driver telling the guy on the side of the road that his car is broken. Well no shit Sherlock, that's kind of why we're here isn't it?
OP, if you want to find the root of your issue, start on the bench. Shoot from a supported position, preferably with a .22 pistol, and see how well you do. Take as many human variables out as you can and start adding them in later until you find your problem. If you can't isolate the problem yourself, go get some private instruction so that you can have an outside perspective.
>If I force myself to aim with my right eye, I put shots dead center of target
So try a shooting session with a layer or two of scotch tape over the left lens of your glasses. Not enough to block your vision completely but enough to blur it out and force your right eye to do the work. Some of the best shooters in our pistol league do this and it has been known to help.

Different user, what if it only applies to poly frames? I've shot my buddies Shadow 2, CZ 75 and was able to hit dead center at 7 and 15 yards without a problem. But on smaller stuff like a PPQ SC, VP9 SK or a Glock 19 I hit low and left. The low left grouping is about .5-1 inches at 7 yards, but they are always low and left in a tight little group.

>Is this a legitimate phenomenon with cross dominant shooting?
I'm cross dominate too, with minor astigmatism. But yeah it's exactly the same for me, low left with faster shots. if I force it with my right eye it centers up alot better.
Im a amature a best, so don't take this like I know what the hell I'm talking about. But I had to figure out, how to position my head when I started using my left eye. I learned with my right, so I had muscle memory of what form, to be sighted and on target with my right eye. And so when I went left, I had rotate my head slightly to accommodate the change in perspective, and I didn't really think to hard about it and learned some bad habits. I'm not sure if I pulled my arms too left, or I turned my face too right. Basically though I too my right eyes stance and lined it up to the left while only making exactly as much adjustments as needed.
I'd recommend just getting your pistol in stance on target, and go from your right eye to left and pay attention to any adjustments you make intentional or unintentionally.

>So try a shooting session with a layer or two of scotch tape over the left lens of your glasses.
I did this but on my right eye, did I do the wrong eye? not with the purpose trying to straiten out my left eye shots. just into open eye shooting. But it helped alot focusing easier and quicker.

I'm cross eye dominant. When I shoot handguns, I roll my head to the side a little to line my left eye up with the gun and aim, and that works just fine for me. If you're shooting rifles, though, id reccomend learning to use either your other hand or other eye. I suppose it's possible to use an offset BUIS or optic but I wouldn't expect much results. Here's a photo of my first ever time shooting, just because I can.

Attached: 20181009_192400.jpg (4128x3096, 3.33M)

>Rocking the pirate look
Post pics and SpongeBob quotes!
Please.....