/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

New SOF AF edition

old LAYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
LAYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

discord.gg/hmnCCTb
/meg/ official discord

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 6JXIK6LJ6BDHPKFV6LKA5AET64.jpg (600x295, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hmnCCTb
denverpost.com/2019/01/03/fort-carson-soldier-killing-wife-thailand/
kktv.com/content/news/1-dead-in-shooting-at-southeast-Springs-apartment-500749521.html
rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/the-fort-carson-murder-spree-200137/
9news.com/article/news/crime/army-captain-gunned-down-near-colorado-springs-intersection-suspects-sought/73-596418733
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26400415
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Accepted into Army Street to Seat WOFT and currently DEPping. AMA.

HMU on the /MEG/ discord if i miss a question or if you wanna talk, I'm there frequently. discord.gg/hmnCCTb

is 19k more comfy compared to 11b?

Yeah but then you'll spend your life comparing yourself to Infantry.

Attached: basically infantry.png (500x363, 242K)

>Took anti depressants and adderall for a little under a year in highschool
Do they know?

Attached: reset.png (436x433, 276K)

nah

Anyone know about that new PT test the army is trying to start? It sounds like shit compared to the current one.

I'm on a serious precipice at my job and I don't know what move to make; I don't *hate* my job but it doesn't make me happy or fulfilled at all, and as an organization it is full of bad practices and an unwillingness to improve, but also misguided and out-of-date training programs leading to operators that are expected to know things that were never brought up at all before joining the fleet, and all the training they actually did get being utterly useless.

>stop posting here, leave us alone, go speak to a padre, fuck off!!!!
padres are at best useless and are normally outright traps laid by vengeful yeomen and buffers. At worst they're fast-tracks to Edmonton.

Attached: a lot of stuff happened.jpg (1920x1080, 96K)

Any vets here? How does one keep a low profile and go under the radar as much as possible during bct?
Or should I try to get recognition?

bring ALL of your anime and pipe up at EVERY opportunity

Everyone who's piloting it is saying it's "easy to make the minimum, but hard to max". Supposed to weed out the profilers and fatbodies. Has the requirement for a single pullup.

It's fucking awful. Do you want to have a Clerk who can't run a sub-5 mile?

Just do what the fuck you're told without question and be as motivated as fuck.

>5 minutes to run a mile
the Marine Corps fucking standard already 215 fucking seconds flat just to fucking pass
5 whole fucking minutes is fucking garbage

whats the chances of my med waiver being approved for the air national guard? Recruiter still won't return my calls and texts btw.

>Hurt my lower back in marine basic a month in
>Never told them I went to a chiropractor and had previous injuries
>Med fraud ELS

I know you guys recognize me, but this time I was interested if they will actually approve it or not.

*Told them I went to a chiropractor and had previous injuries

I had a slight heart murmur when I was like 14 and I also have a BAV (bicuspid aortic valve, which isn't disqualifying for army/chair force). Am I overthinking when I think that I'll be insta-DQ'd if MEPS finds a slight heart murmur? My cardiologist a couple years back said everything was perfectly fine on my echo and other tests, didn't even mention a murmur (either due to already knowing, it went away, or it was too quiet to hear). Been active my whole life with no issue

I've got to pick my mos Tuesday and I've got no clue what to pick. What should it be?

Don't tell them about it, it won't be noticed at MEPS. If it doesn't become a problem during basic you're good.

What was your AFQT and ASVAB? Branch? What do you even want to do?

>join the army for money
>join the navy for good times
>join the Air Force for good opportunities
>join the Marines for the challenge
>join the coast guard for the....
Why do people join the Coast Guard?

Attached: 4F63A96A-54D0-49BD-B513-C7F0891749A1.jpg (750x1334, 135K)

91 army I dunno

How did they find out you lied?

They pulled my medical records. I fell for the bait and never said anything at meps. As soon as I got to boot, they printed everything from the computer and showed it to me. Got kicked out right away

Depends on what you want out of the army. Aviation has shit morale for enlisted, but real world skill for maintainers.

Psyops and MI get clearances and get out of bullshit PT and physical stuff.

I've heard literally nothing good overall about infantry. Shit breaks people. Literally.

Cav is gay.

You've done well enough on your ASVAB you can pick whatever, why not go something fairly technical and get something out of it for after the army (clearance, etc)?

I hate to say it, Jow Forumsarmy has a MOS meathread for every MOS series. Essentially an AMA for people in that MOS series. Creep that shit for expectations of day to day life in a certain MOS.

that sounds like bullshit

comfy duty stations

Attached: 1000w_q95.jpg (1000x665, 288K)

thanks I'll take a look at that
I'm like 30 credits from finishing my degree so I might look at becoming an officer later on too
I dunno if that matters
Have you heard anything about 19k m1 crewman? would I actually be in a an m1 tank or would they put me in a Humvee?

I wish I could enlist in the US Army, with a 11x Opt40 contract.

Attached: 1373235780923.jpg (225x224, 49K)

for the gay boat butt buddies

low key has at least two of those four qualities

nope, didn't happen

Attached: bullshit-detector.jpg (620x509, 57K)

British paras requires

Stop drug dealers and rescue people from capsized boats?

why can't you enlist faggot

I'm not a citizen, nor I have a green card.

Attached: 1406582307819.jpg (510x427, 42K)

oh. get out then

Attached: 1537241324804.gif (498x280, 165K)

I'm not in the US. I've lived there legally for a couple of years. But unfortunately, I still couldn't enlist. I just wanted to serve the US of A.

Attached: 1408824231202.jpg (820x614, 90K)

Do I go to an enlisted or officer recruiter for this?

Enlisted. Worth noting my first recruiter turned out to be a dumbass. Specifically seek out someone with knowledge of the program, or even better, has already put someone into the program. Call around.

>He's incredibly proud of the fact that it took him 20 years to make it to E-7 in an MOS where you can make it in 10

Why are senior enlisted retirees so often losers?

Redpill me on the Air Medal. Is it a big deal?

Attached: Air Medal.gif (648x1272, 231K)

When you go to basic do they make you pay for a haircut?

I don't wanna pay for a damn haircut I'm already bald...

If its easier to hit the minimum, how does it weed them out?

Getting sent to fort Carson for my first duty station. Anyone know anything about it?

You went in as enlisted, you have already dedicated your life to being poor.

Have fun, enjoy your new co-workers.
denverpost.com/2019/01/03/fort-carson-soldier-killing-wife-thailand/

kktv.com/content/news/1-dead-in-shooting-at-southeast-Springs-apartment-500749521.html

rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/the-fort-carson-murder-spree-200137/

Yes you pay for it, and they'll most likely give you one even if you dont need it.

For us they let us pay with the cash card they gave us, so it do doesn't really cost anything.

>Well its fine, I'm going as an officer so I won't have to deal with trashy enlisted lifestyles

OH NO NO NO NO

9news.com/article/news/crime/army-captain-gunned-down-near-colorado-springs-intersection-suspects-sought/73-596418733

Well fuck me sideways.

Attached: media0(12).jpg (1017x804, 449K)

>pulled your medical records
>medical records that said you went to a meme "doctor" (chiropractor)
>kicking you out for back pain injuries
sounds like bs

I'm joining the Coast Guard for better duty stations, higher job satisfaction, to play a role in stopping migrant boats, and ensuring our waterways aren't polluted. It's a solid gig.

There's a lot of prior service dudes in the Coast Guard from other branches, Marines especially. We have a very family oriented and supportive service, and most of our jobs have some sort of civilian analogue that transfers over easily enough, especially the engineers. Also, we generally don't have big bases, with the exception of the TRACENs, Base Seattle, Base Alameda, the Yard, and a scant few others. We're much smaller, Unit wise, and much more integrated into the communities we work with.

AIT at Fort Gordon: Does it suck as much monkey dick as people claim it does? I'm hearing a lot of horror stories.

>been waiting for a re-enlisment waiver for like 3 months at this point
>get a call from my recruiter, says I gotta come in on monday to interview with the recruiting battalion commander

Bit nervous. Does this mean they've just been sitting on my fucking waiver for all this time? I dunno how this shit works typically. Is it the light at the end of the tunnel that will decide my fate? Anyone know?

Attached: 1-rooting-tooting-motherfucker-henlo-lizer-1-rooting-tooting-motherfucker-4117589.png (500x300, 75K)

>Marine Corps fucking standard already 215 fucking seconds flat just to fucking pass
Weak bait. Yet here I am

All AITs suck monkey dick.

My unit has been conducting it for the past few months to get people familiar with it. I'll take the new one over the sh it we have now anyday.

I wouldn't worry about it. You never did them and you'll never tell

Yes, though the amount of dick it sucks specifically depends on your MOS and how long you're going to be stuck in that hellhole. Hope you didn't pick 25N or 25S.

Is there a better season to enlist? I heard fall/winter enlistments were best since they make you eligible to rank earlier, is this true?

>and being wrong

Pick a job you’d be okay with doing for years at a time, either in uniform or after separating

You’d be at one of 4 stations for tanks. Tankers like airborne are an inbred tiny group. You rotate to the same places and see the same people over and over

They still have the mavni program suspended?

>doesn’t rally cost anything
This fucking retard doesn’t understand a pay advance....

When I went there one of the signal companies had 1000+ people in it and 10 to a room. Hope it’s gotten better for you

I have basic in 20 days at Ford Leonardwood, after that I have AIT in Monterey at the Lang school. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I also got a 115 on the DLAB, what language can I anticipate? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached: 01F4C49B-558E-4CB4-BC2F-401741139F17.jpg (314x326, 25K)

It doesn't matter.

Summer you're gonna be in with all the high school kids. Winter you're gonna be in with older guys

IIRC they assign you a lang based off your scores once you get there. It's a mix of what they need and your aptitude scores. Although this is from when I was in circa 2009 so it may have changed

I like it. I haven't formally taken it, but I've done all of the events in an informal setting with no prep. They really are fairly easy to do the minimum, but if you give it your all the test is a smoker.

Here's the thing, here's why it's so good: It's supposed to not have any alternate events for profilers, and it has age and gender neutral standards. I'd say it's about as difficult as the current test with young male standards, maybe a tiny bit harder, but it's much more difficult than current female standards, especially older ones. I looked it up before and the 2 mile run standards for the new one are actually more difficult than the old for females past something like 31 (not gonna look it up again right now), and this is with much, much more going on beforehand.

Unless somebody manages to stop this and sneak some bullshit in, it's going to cull the herd big time. It will establish a true minimum where one currently does not exist because of profile abusers and show-up-and-breathe tier standards for female soldiers and old male soldiers. More importantly, this is going to herald in a cultural change where all soldiers are expected to perform instead of just skirt by. The new standards won't be ideal, but they're the foot in the door for a fairly major reform.

Attached: 1529281514988.jpg (964x538, 177K)

There are no alternative events but "substitute" events is what some sgt major said during a town hall.

Yes, Ft. Gordon is hell on Earth. You will deal with such a neverending stream of bullshit that it'll rival anything you went through at basic.
Just expect not to have any free time for your duration there.

only if you're aviation, otherwise no one cares

What's life like in garrison for someone as an 11b? How of tr en do you go to the field for FTX?

Depends on your ready year. That’ll dictate when and how long you’re out. Garrison expect longer pt sessions leading into drills and such. Expect shit details

You're going to do basic in probably the best time of year. It'll be rainy for a while, but it won't be completely miserable. I'm here at fort lost in the woods right now

Looking it up, it seems it's still suspended.

What’s your RE code?

Might be a few more hoops to jump through for the recruiting team than

I want to join the airforce but I have no idea what I want to do.

Attached: 1478757817767.jpg (1279x747, 107K)

What’s 68W like?
>woke up early today
>went to armed forces recruiting station
>looking to go USMC 0300
>while waiting, Army Recruiter talks to me
>really like what he says
>hands me a pamphlet
>it mentions 68W
>I always wanted to be a doctor
>and I’d still do rifleman stuff too
>thinking of going Airborne or Op 40
Would I be doing infantry stuff on the frontlines like the recruiter says? Also would I get to choose where I’m stationed? How hard is the school?

Attached: 245BCE58-FC04-4A21-B853-E2CBB279F49C.jpg (750x1334, 78K)

Makes good sense. Summer is when kids graduate, winter is when lonely and desperate men give up

The worst part is that Fort Carson is considered one of the best places to be stationed in the Army

If you want good stations, check out other branches man. Unless you go Germany, Army will FUCK you

it's all bullshit
probably some retard that told the truth and is butthurt about not being able to enlist

No, No, and Not.
68W can be billeted in as disparate environments as a line unit, field medical post, or home station brick-and-mortar hospital. You don't get to choose. If you end up in a line unit you will be assisting the platoon sergeant in inane shit, while telling joe to change his socks and handing out otc pain meds.
The general consensus is that if doc has to fire his weapon, we're all gonna fucking die.

Real shit? Man, I knew it was too good to be true

sounds like my kinda job

If you can try becoming a pilot, if not ten go Security Forces

im going to meps tomorrow. what should i know/say/do? will they put things in my ass?

ALL THAT SAID, if you actually pursue an option 40 contract and get selected, you will be doing some cool-guy shit up to and including pulling triggers, but you can forget being on an entry or assault team. Doc is, by design, the least exposed to enemy fire for a reason.

You lying about anything?

i have aspergers, so yes. used to take meds but i havent in about a year

Only a finger. Other than that, no never none is standard answers if it’s shit like “have you ever done x” but not if the questions “have you ever bombed a building”. Prepare to forfeit your dignity and do some duck walks for an old dude

You should be fine. My one buddy attempted suicide, abused prescription drugs, and other things last year and he recently got in the USMC and is living good. They never pulled his medical records

>i have aspergers, so yes.
Nah, cunt. You are scott free, its no longer a valid condition. Read up, cunt. You are a normalfag now.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26400415

>tfw ex before I joined is engaged now
>still lonely and dick is so dry that I'm not sure it could fuck even if it had the chance
>don't even know what to do if I got out, where I'd want to go, or who I'd even be able to petition for help
>don't want to stay in, do not like anyone I work for, every day is the worst day of my life

I finally get it, all of those alcoholics, those homeless veterans, those dudes that were honorably separated and then turned to crime and drugs. I understand what it takes to get there, but I don't know how to come back.

Attached: feel it.jpg (720x532, 40K)

What branch/mos?

What are Crypto guys like in the Navy? It's more than likely what I will do in the Navy.