CPL and gun lubes are a scam and suck

Seriously, stop buying them, most burn off and they don't break down carbon well enough. Either use synthetics for Diesel or Turbine use. Both have detergents for breaking down carbon and sulfur to prevent wear, both are designed to run in dirty environments over and over while trapping contaminates and removing them from causing wear.

Our marksmanship team still has CPL but we don't use it. We will go through around 1k rounds of 50gr frangible ammunition, which has a dirtier slower burning powder than the 855A1 or mk262 shit that is for deployments.

Fucking gunpowder wipes right off and we are seeing the Newer FN rifles have less wear after a year. We are stealing Mobil1 synt 5W30 from motorpool and 23699F from Flightline.

I'll get some photos during our next shooting but the shit works wonders. Just make sure the viscosity is what you need for your operating temps but I will never use CPL or any lube (especially that "froglube" shit) ever again.

Attached: 23658653_895213807322263_386072138473743070_n.jpg (722x722, 64K)

I didn't read any of your post but that roastie looks like a dumb whore.

Attached: 1515175495305.gif (421x384, 2.18M)

You're going to get a lot of autism over this but it's good advice, "gun" oils and greases are a fucking scam.

New to guns, was going to get Hoppe's 9 and Ballistol for solvent and oil respectively. Is OP full of shit or should I look at something else?

Attached: 1516172167689.jpg (326x326, 16K)

she is, fucking tinderella who was/is a stipper at some "gentlemans" club.

Fucked the living shit out of here before leaving the country a bit over a year ago. She sent me photos about 4-5months ago and there is baby toys and such in the background of said photos.

I'm giving maybe a 4% chance it was I who knocked her up, but luckily I only gave her a burn number and fake name. Any thot dumb enough to be a fucking stripper is to dumb to know how to find me.

I use CLP and did not have any issues YET

gun oils have no standard so you are basically buying off from name which is based on the reputation of fudds and such who probably dont even put 500rds a year through their guns.

Comparatively airline and auto industry oils are designed to go and keep going with a customer based that expects it. If airliners/cargo aint flying, the business is losing money. Further more diesel trucks are usually commercial haulers who aren't making money if they ain't hauling.

Anything you can throw in a gun at those lubricants is nothing compared to the 24/7 operations of commercial trade.

Attached: 1510602.jpg (540x250, 34K)

It's mostly mineral oil in a fancy packaging. Some are better than others, but hoppe's and ballistol are near the top.

>ballistol
>near the top of anything
ballistol is mediocre at everything, it's what you buy when you don't want to buy cleaners, lubricants, and protectants seperately

Attached: 1550643149673.jpg (1300x866, 73K)

I use slip 2000 ewl and ewg

Seems like overkill, but their grease seems to hang on forever, even after multiple range trips

10w30 is king

Synthetic sperm whale oil

Attached: 81wnEo4V0IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (518x1500, 94K)

Attached: 1550725855978.jpg (640x619, 96K)

I called her a tinderella...guess what I used.

Just buy a can of turbine engine oil for like $20 the will last you a couple years.

I was just trying to find an excuse to use that image

>We are stealing Mobil1 synt 5W30 from motorpool . . .
This makes sense. And I used pic-related (plus Hoppes No.9) for years.
Young punks with their hipster lubes can stay off my fucking lawn.

Attached: 3in1oil.jpg (480x640, 36K)

Was Gerald Ford still in office when you bought that steel can there Gramps?

So what weights for which operating temps do you recommend?

Attached: 1545016479972.jpg (750x698, 58K)

goD DAMN

Attached: 1544146898491.jpg (522x522, 116K)

I'm guessing maybe the lightest weight you can get unless you live in Arctic conditions

Don't guns run way hotter than diesels? No knowledge of aircraft engines.

Surely they're comparable?

I've been running the same syringe of shooters choice grease in everything for a decade. I literarlly use it everywhere there is metal to metal contact and ONLY use CLP for rust prevention. When I was in Hawaii 100 yards from the ocean for 8 months I used motorcycle chain lube for rust prevention. But yeah I've been running grease in everything, AK74, FAL, HK91, AR, M53, bolt guns, USP, G19, SBE1, and an O/U. The detergent thing does make sense, we used motor oil to lube our lathe tables because of the detergents...am I fucking up? I like the grease because it stays exactly where you put it, and works in all temps down to sub zero.

Attached: ianpeace.png (811x440, 625K)

Not him, but they still come in the steel cans. Always figured my dad's were just old but I saw some at the store the other day.

I thought DI guns were almost double a diesel engine.