Dad gave me his pen gun after over a decade of carrying it. Using it as a backup to my p2000sk, carry it in my jacket

Dad gave me his pen gun after over a decade of carrying it. Using it as a backup to my p2000sk, carry it in my jacket.

Not classified as aow, legal to carry in my state. A little gimmicky, but cool either way. Thoughts?

Attached: 1550984466-picsay.jpg (974x1920, 214K)

Sorry for bad lighting, need to change a bulb in the room.

Attached: 1550984477-picsay.jpg (1200x1521, 488K)

Possibly a collectors item, definitely a family heirloom. Keep it safe and clean, user.

>Thoughts?
A good knife is probably a better weapon.

It's worth around $700. You wanna be carrying around a meme that expensive you're never gonna shoot?

>$1600 in good condition
Keep it in your home safe user, in 30 years pass it to your son and hopefully he'll keep it too. In 40-50 years it'll be a rare collector's item, given that it already is.

You likely will never shoot any gun in a self defense scenario. He may has well. It looks good for ccing when you can't typically CC, like tucking in your shirt at work.

Granted, it's still a meme.

Yeah man don't bring that thing with you, you'll lose it. Keep it safe, at home, and in the family.

inb4 Jow Forums seizes the opportunity I've given them for "pen in pooper" jokes

don't use heirlooms as carry pieces user
you don't want it to get "lost" in the evidence locker do you?

Dad carried it, I think he expects me to as well. It's so unintrusive to carry, too. Can't tell it's there.

But I think you're all right. I have a floor safe at home I'll put it in.

i have no idea what kind of father he was but your dad is fucking cool user

as opposed to what, getting shanked because you didn't have your pen gun?

Actually, just called dad to talk about it, since I feel like it meant a lot to him. Even said I didn't want it in an evidence locker. His response:
>I'd rather have a fucking tube locked in a police station than a son locked in a grave. Use your other guns first then. This is there if you absolutely need it.

He's usually really chill, but since his health is declining I guess he's getting protective.

>run of the mill stinger
>heirloom
get over yourself.

Just carry it. Obviously he did for so long, keep it close to you.

Those NRR mini revolvers might be a better backup. But it is a pretty cool gun. Super cool because it's from your father.

Heed his wishes, user. Carry it.

A fuckin' morakniv or g17 can be a heirloom if your family so decides. The material value or uniqueness doesn't decide what's a good heirloom or not, it's the emotion and memories behind it. The tradition.

Carry it along as a luck charm along with your CCW.

Loaded of course; That's what makes it lucky.

I bought one back when they first came out. I had the .25ACP version. I'm sorry, OP, but it really is a dangerous piece of junk -- dangerous because you might try to rely on it.

The movement needed to put it into ready-to-fire condition requires two hands and takes your attention away from what's going on around you.

When you twist that safety ring to turn off the safety, it's quite likely that you will unscrew the barrel a little, rendering it inert.

If you shoot it a few times, the parts will loosen up to the point that it'll be about ready to fall apart.

I came up with a much better design on my own -- one-handed operation, just bend it (e.g., by pushing it against your leg, or your arm, or the guy attacking you) and fire. I can only guess that they were so worried about ATF approval that they made it a piece of useless junk toy.

Anyway, for whatever reason, there's a market for them now, so you could sell it for about six times what I paid for mine new, and buy a useful second carry gun. I sold mine for about half what I paid for it, to a friend who fucked me over a few months later. :-/

They're assassination weapons, what are you realistically going to do with that in a self-defense scenario? It's next to useless, and yeah, definitely less valuable than a good knife, as points out.

The only time you should carry something like that is if you're wearing a tux, at which point it becomes a legitimately nifty accoutrement. Otherwise leave it on the shelf, and plan to use a non-shitty folding knife as a back up to your EDC concealed piece.

And then his son will trade it in on pawn stars for fifty bucks

>Thoughts?

Don't miss.

Never thought a pen gun would hinge like that, I always figured you just turn the cap a certain direction to drop the striker/firing pin, which would allow it more barrel length

This one isn't an AOW, it's a regular class 2 handgun that you can buy and sell without doing the tax stamp thing. Private sale or 4473, either are fine.

Ah, thanks, I'm not too informed on nfa stuff, is it not an aow just because of the "grip" or does it lack something other pen guns have?

It's because it bends over: It's considered to be a single shot pistol that can be folded straight to slip into a pocket rather than a disguised weapon.