Dumbass here, is there anything inherently wrong with the G3-style rifles...

dumbass here, is there anything inherently wrong with the G3-style rifles? Ive wanted a battle rifle forever and the C308s look pretty decent for the price. Or am I just better off buying/building an AR10 as far as practicality goes?

Attached: pr_centuryarms_c308.jpg (800x403, 53K)

Depends what you're doing. Range toy and the occasional hog, you'll not go wrong with a G3. Competitive/long range shooting or weirdo SOF larp, you'll get more out of an AR10.

They'll go bang.

They'll eat fucking everything from Federal Match all the way down to Tula steel cased because lololol blowback.
They are about as unbreakable as an AK, and only slightly heavier.
The charging handle is sort of unique, you need to get used to its handling. The "HK Slap" is fun though.
The springs are pretty stiff, soibois will have trouble with it. Being a 130lbs trap I can sorta make it work, but bitches will bitch.
The original trigger is meh because german autism and 300ft drop safety tests, but you can change it.

The sights are pretty good, some of the best irons you can get imo. The optic options are meh unless you weld a picatinny rail to the top, which is shit tier aesthetics.

The accuracy is adequate. The roller lock will introduce "some" variability, but if you're shooting steel Tula or generic milsurp 308 it probably won't matter as much as the ammo itself. As with all rifles, the greatest factor that introduces inaccuracies is seated behind the stock.

All of this is from my experience with the G3. Note how I am not saying "G3-style rifle" or "Century whatever". I only ever shot the HK rifle. I hear rumors that the century variants have some issues with accuracy (lower quality barrels etc) and general QA/QC, but I can't confirm that.

>Competitive/long range shooting or weirdo SOF larp, you'll get more out of an AR10.
support your assertion, and cite your sources

>130lb trap

Post thigh-gap.

Attached: 1544667991907.jpg (319x319, 10K)

>Competitive/long range shooting
not him but >The accuracy is adequate. The roller lock will introduce "some" variability, but if you're shooting steel Tula or generic milsurp 308 it probably won't matter as much as the ammo itself. As with all rifles, the greatest factor that introduces inaccuracies is seated behind the stock.
The source of that is called "common knowledge" but if you want something more, watch for instance Ian's video on the PSG1 and what they did to the rollers to increase the accuracy.
As for
>weirdo SOF larp
I don't really know any SF that use the G3, whereas an AR10 will lend itself more to the "strap loads of tacticool shite to the rifle".

I have both an ar10 and a c308. The c308 is more fun. The ar10 is more accurate past 100 yards. If i had to pick one id pick the c308, i just see myself using it more.

>Being a trap
You almost had a quality post there.

Attached: 1549905110855.jpg (663x888, 171K)

>Buy C308
>Realize it's unmodular, unreliable and kills optics
>Build an AR-10
>Realize you paid for two rifles and should have just bought the AR-10 first

Show ankles

inb4 b&

Attached: DSCI1481.jpg (3000x4000, 3.18M)

Hot

Biggest disadvantages are no last round hold open, 2 handed mag change, and the triggers are long and spongey and can’t really be worked on. But they’re cool guns I have one. FAL is masterrace tgo

>tee hee i'm a qt trap too UwU
This is a weapons board, not for sissy faggots to post pictures of their crotch on. Go back to your POZ forum.

Attached: onthehoriozn.webm (404x720, 1.6M)

There's nothing wrong in G3

I bought a PTR as my first rifle, then built a mid range AR 15 as a side project. Realized how much better of a platform the AR really is and built an AR10. Still love my PTR, but if I just started off building an AR10 I would have saved a lot of money.

Don't get a G3 with the rail, they're not fun to have optics on.

I object to the use of the words "cute" and "uwu" in conjunction with me, thank you very much.
More importantly though, you're missing the point in the argument, which in that case is "make sure you're not a little bitch, BEFORE you buy a rifle in real fucking nato", and specifically one with a recoil spring like a G3.

Now do you have anything of value to contribute to this thread or are you just going to bitch and whine again?

>2 handed mag change

you jam the stock under your armpit, applying pressure with your right hand to keep it in place. you drop the empty and slam in a fresh mag and then you run the charging handle.

C308 doesn’t have paddle release bruv. It takes both hands to drop the mag.

Oh you bought the inferior option, I see

PTR master race

Based and heteropilled

How do the PTR's handle exposed lead soft points? Im thinking of getting rid of the 7.62x39 commie for red blooded NATO.

I'd fuck your boypussy then take you to the range cuddle and do it all over again.

We have a whole thread for this