What are your opinions of TulAmmo, I shoot a shit ton of it and have never had a problem...

What are your opinions of TulAmmo, I shoot a shit ton of it and have never had a problem, a lot of people have horror story's about it, that I've never encountered. It might be commie crap, but it's good commie crap in my opinion.

Attached: 20190223_232256_004.jpg (4032x1960, 1.87M)

Shoot it out of my FAL all the time. It's alright plinking ammo.

it's underloaded and inaccurate but it's perfect for my RPD because the primers are nice and soft for her old teeth to much on.

perfectly acceptable ammo for plinking.

typically, horror stories are just that; horror stories. It's basically the opposite of survivorship bias; tens of thousands of people every year put millions of rounds of Tula and Wolf down range without a single failure and say nothing about their experience, but 3 people have a round hang-fire and explode out of battery or have one squib and they post all over about it. Gives the illusion there's something wrong with the ammo.

Fantastic plinking ammo, but if you're gonna use it for hunting or something other than paper punching, pick up some nice stuff and put a few rounds of it down range to see how it performs. I've done that with my FAL, C308, and AK; if I'm going to blast printers in the desert or punch paper it's nothing but cheap ass steel, but I've got a few boxes of Hornady for when I go hunting.

recently looked this question up on the net and studied the results, which are:
Good Stuff for target practice
Great Price
Works great but Dirty
Never one FTF or FTE
Smells like cat piss

Cons:
Doesnt seem to work in certain snowflake firearms and limp wrists sissy bois
DIRTY
20% of the rounds where duds
dangerous dirty commies shit never again

Attached: 1550530588006.jpg (657x543, 118K)

I don't find it to be out outrageously dirty, I clean my AR I use it in once a month of so, not a huge deal as far as him concerned.

I like tula over wolf. Since it doesnt stink up my ammo crates.
It's cheap.
It works.
All I care about.

Ive shot over 10000 rounds of it. Ive had malfunctions at least 100. Have found a handful of fucked up rounds, stuff like sideways primers, cracked cases or where the bullet didnt seat properly and got cut by the case.
Still buy it cause im a cheap fuck. Just inspect every round before loading it. Toss out 1 every 2k or so. I know its stictly range ammo and i treat it as such.

A range officer told me tulAmmo destroys your barrel's rifling.

Like after couple thousand your gun turns to a smooth bore.

Attached: 1548341435960.png (640x960, 815K)

classic fudd lore

Most of those malfunctions were failures to cycle or stovepipes.
If i ever get a squib ill stop buying tula but at this point the amount ive saved buying steel instead of brass could buy a replacement gun.
Clearing malfs at a range isnt that bad.

There not steel bullets going through the barrel. Fucking boomers and FUDDS are the same god damn person.

Wears put barrels faster
Steel cases harder on the bolt
Don’t expand as well giving that seal in the chamber

Its not the bullet causing excess wear its the powder.

its the bimetal jacket that will wear your barrel faster but the money you save buys you more barrels than youll ever need. if your gun runs it then save the money. some of my guns love it some don't. I run it in the ones that don't care

theyre non corrosive you idiot. its not 7n6

Bimetal jacket does wear it a little more, look up lucky gunner testing. For high velocity rounds like 223 it is more pronounced, for pistol rounds don't worry.

But the luckgunner test was unfair due to how absurd their fire rate was. That puts way more strain on the barrel. Even then, the cost savings of steel ammo allowed you to buy 3 or 4 new barrels over shooting brass.

Bullets dont have to be corrosive to cause damage. Corrosive means it will rust. However every shot fired causes some damage. Tula burns at different rates hell every brand does. Tulas just worse.

how was it unfair? The fire rates for all ammo was the same. Yes if the barrels had been fired through slower the wear would have been less. But it would have been less on all of them.

Bimetal wearing more is fuddlore that somehow ignores 100+ years of use and testing.
Anyone quoting Luckygunner on it has a very poor understanding of the tested variables s and results.
Flame erosion from cheap powders with higher nitroglycerin content and little to no chemicals to deter or cool the flame.,

Poorfag trash that nearly nuked my SKS with absurd hot loads. Went to Monarch, then eventually settled on Wolf Gold for the ARs and Golden Tiger for the AKs. Fuck Tulammo.

That's all steel cased stuff, not specifically Tula.

>20% of the rounds where duds
The fuck you using some pansy ass AR? Your gun doesn't hit primers hard enough.

It's economic ammo. It's underloaded, which can actually be a benefit if you don't want to put wear on your gun (AK gas ports are typically wide as hell making normal loaded rounds seem overgassy). That's the biggest gripe most people have because some forum boomer shot it out of his old rusted bore SKS and a round got stuck in the barrel, so they think that'll happen. The primers are also light, but Russian guns don't give a shit about that, or extracting underloaded rounds for that matter. It's not a meme that they'll eat whatever you feed them. Except Twinkies, my Saiga didn't seem to like those... But if you try to run that stuff through an ARs weak action you're going to get light primer strikes or failures to eject due to the underloaded rounds not putting enough pressure in the has tube.

Wolf is better

Last week I went to buy a box of 9mm. They had 1 box left of Tula for $7and the normal blazer brass etc for $11. I though about it, but imported from Russia yet 2/3s the price? I’m not a poorfag so passed.
I dunno....think I’ll continue to pass.

Attached: 150C6590-DA8D-436F-9C5A-8843F491DE6C.jpg (2048x2048, 994K)

How much does the Monarch 7.62 cost? I have only shot tulammo and I want to switch off from it. I finally live near an Academy too.

Ive shot about 400 rounds through my sks, had one failure to eject and the bolt was stuck yesterday. Had to remove the back cover and firing pin spring assy and they hit it with my hand pretty hard to pop it out. Still going to use it, its cheap ammo and 1 in 400 or so rounds aint bad

Smells like dry piss

No user, that's just you.

>A tripfag is one of the only people to shit on steel
Oh fucking imagine that goy, a whiny attention whore is the only one who can't seem to get perfectly fine ammo to run. Please please please consider suicide, tripfag trash.

I've probably shot around 7000 rounds of the tula 9mm shit and in that ive only had one instance where the powder didnt ignite so only rhe primer pushed the bullet out of the barrel, and two light primer strikes that eventually my guns pushed past and fired. It is probably underpowered but for range purposes thats fine. Only downsides are its kinda dirty ammo and theres a lot more smoke than other brands, that and some of my older guns like my s&w 39 and Jericho 941 sometimes have odd fte's which im pretty sure is the cause of extra friction in the system from a stainless steel barrel interacting with a steel case. Ive shot worse performing american made ammo, so for the price and performance tula's pretty good.

>shoots bretty good and awesome for plinking
>dirty as fuck but fun to clean
>only Tula ammo that is shit is their 357/38 never fucking buy it

He said he switched to Monarch and GT off of it and take a guess what those are idiot. Just because your favorite ammo is steel doesn't mean it's all the steel out there and thank fuck because Tula is seriously pretty awful compared to even Monarch.

I don't like it in 9mm. It's loaded really light, so recoil is much less than defensive ammo. It's also the only ammo that routinely malfunctioned in my G19 and VP9. Also as stated above, it's fucking filthy ammo, and I shoot enough that I have to clean often. If I shot once a month it wouldn't be as big a deal.

I'd rather spend the extra money and shoot something like S&B. You can routinely get cases of it for $0.17/rd shipped.

Don't really have any experience with rifle tula. I've shot a bunch of Wolf steel through my AR with good results, so I'll probably stick with that.

Seriously this, and it's damn filthy to boot. The smell of cleaning a gun that's had a lot of tulammo shot through it with hoppes no.9 is something I will gladly try to avoid filling up my apartment again.

Only had a hand full of light primer strikes and never had a failure to extract out of 1000s of rounds though my AR. Don't know what is talking about or you for that matter works just fine though any AR I've put them through and for that reason there my personal favorite for non hunting purposes

I've had many light primer strikes, failure to extract or even rounds straight up getting so stuck in the chamber i have to ram them out with a cleaning rod with wolf ammo though my AR but I've only have had a couple of light primer strikes with tula it's still cheap ammo but much better than wolf in my opinion and the same price where I live

> it's still cheap ammo but much better than wolf in my opinion
what the fuck dude, that's contrary to just about ever consensus out there

I dunno if I just got a bad batch or something, but when I tried tulAmmo on my AR for the first time, shit wouldn't cycle, basically turned it into a bolt action, I know I just need to open up my gas block or whatever, but I'm a lazy fuck who just wants my shitty super cheap PSA to work without any issues

I got a PSA and bought 150 rounds of tulammo from Walmart on my way to its first 2gun match, had no failures running dry as fuck.
Granted that's only 150 rounds but I didnt have to clear any failures.

I shoot it all the time. I find it’s better to never listen to problems posted on the internet. They never reflect reality.

My smith and Wesson M&P sport keyholes at ten yards after roughly 20,000 rounds of the stuff over 3 years. I bought it just to shoot steel case and save money, so it was worth it

It’s the burn rate of the powder, it scorched the first few inches of the barrel

Some guns just refuse to run steelcased. If brass works just give up on shooting steel out of that gun. If brass doesnt work guns defective.

Yeah just buy that I.O. AK.

Was pretty cheap a couple months ago but now it's about the same price. If you ship a lot of it then the shipping is free, which is nice.

Back when I had access to it it was around Brown Bear price, except shipping charges were completely eliminated from the equation. Monarch .223 is also fine for cheap range plinking.
I'm sorry I'm too busy using brass M193 and Mk262-spec for range food to hear you.

I have to agree. I’ve only ever had a couple of duds and that’s the extent of any problem I’ve had with the ammo

I've never heard anyone say that wolf was better than Tula.

You been living under a rock or something?

Meh. I use Tula 7.62x39 in my russian and chinese AK/SKS, 7.62x51 in my CETME and L1A1 ( case eaters ) with no issues. Monarch 5.45 in the 74. Everything else I run brass in.

Tula is fine generally. Nowadays it's the lowest quality Russian Steel Case ammo though, everything but 8M3 from them seems pretty underloaded.

I would say it's worth it to buy something made at Barnaul or Vympel instead, like Golden Tiger, newer Red Army Standard, Brown Bear, Wolf Mil-Spec, etc. It costs about the same as Tula.

There's a lot of confusion surrounding the various steel case ammo brands in the US, because most of them (Wolf, Monarch, Red Army Standard, Tulammo) are Importers, not manufacturers. The reason that there are a lot of conflicting views on which brands are good and which aren't has to do with the fact that several brands have changed their suppliers over the years and several of them offer different products from different suppliers. For example, Wolf right now imports mostly from Barnaul, but also has some products made by LVM and Klimovsk. Before this, they imported ammo made my Tula Cartridge Works, and before that from Lugansk in Ukraine. Tulammo imports only from Ulyanovsk and Tula cartridge works as far as I know. Brown/Silver/Gold bear has always exclusively been Barnaul. Red Army standard seems to have imported from everywhere under the sun, including Vympel and Tula in Russia, Igman in Bosnia, Lugansk in Ukraine, and Sadu in Romania. In addition, there tends to be a lot of variation in quality from the individual manufacturers themselves, both over time and sometimes even from batch to batch.

As long as your gun tolerates it, I would say buy and shoot as much Tulammo as you want. It's still worlds better than Reman shit.