Realistic/Reasonable Armor

A question for you Jow Forums.

How reasonable/realistic is the 'boobplate' and high heeled armor that appears in fantasy/fiction.

Would it have occurred in real life, given things such as muscle cuirasses and codpieces existed?

Attached: Female Knight.jpg (786x1000, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wartime_cross-dressers
youtube.com/watch?v=JASUsVY5YJ8&t=3m20s
youtube.com/watch?v=6KHz0qWQA9I
youtu.be/6KHz0qWQA9I
twitter.com/Rei_Dunois
allthatsinteresting.com/women-warriors
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Heels were invented specifically for riding with stirrups. But not stilleto heels like your picture.
Boobplate is dumb, better to wrap up boobs and wear a slightly oversized men's breastplate if a woman had to wear it.

>Boobplate is dumb, better to wrap up boobs and wear a slightly oversized men's breastplate if a woman had to wear it.
O'rly?

Attached: Reasonable Armour.jpg (1605x1056, 327K)

No. Boobplate creates a 'divot' that would center sword/hammer strikes to the sternum instead of deflecting them. All you'd get is a bunch of ladies that could definitely NOT fill out their armor with caved in ribcages. And don't forget that ceremonial armors =/= functional war plate.

The real issue here, user, is the fact she's not wearing pants

But muscle cuirasses existed and were used by officers in combat.

Practicality isn't be be all and end all.

Boobplate is similar concept to modern angled hull on modern tanks. Basically it will deflect the projectile thrust without using thickness factor of the armour itself.

Attached: __centorea_shianus_monster_musume_no_iru_nichijou__e969d459efa92f3fa945131c52376f87.jpg (1280x1280, 176K)

And it'll be deflected into you heart.

It's not angled armour, it's a fucking shot trap.

>high heeled armor, realistsc?
fuck no. Ask an MMA bitch to fight in the ring with heels on VS some check with flats and you'll see why. They're shit for traction and liable to make you roll and ankle.
>boobplate
I mean if a chick is busty enough that you can't bind them titties down and needs to wear a cuirass or similar chest plate armor then it'll simply be necessary. Exaggerated perfectly form fitting titty armor is silly but a general bust area would really be necessary for comfort and general movement. Imagine trying to wear a ken doll inspired form fitting ass piece of armor over your lower bits and pieces extra tight allowing no more room than a girl would need down there. Not exactly going to work well stationary let alone when you're moving around, is it? same problem for bitches although to a somewhat lesser extent.

All of that criticism is fair - for a medieval soldier. Technology advanced in the 1500 years between Alexander the Great and the Crusades.
Also, boobplate is dumb more in virtue of being uncomfortable than of being less protective.

>t. retard who things angled armour is designed to deflect.

It's designed to mean the bullet has to pass through more armour than a non-angled plate, user.

>Technology advanced in the 1500 years between Alexander the Great and the Crusades.
>laughs in Henry VIII
If men had dickplate, women would have had boobplate.

Attached: Henry Armour.jpg (528x1003, 75K)

If you've got a woman fighting people while wearing plate armor then it's so unrealistic that you might as well add boob plate.

Show me on the doll where feminism touched you, user.

>How reasonable/realistic is the 'boobplate'
actually a bit realistic
the disadvantage it gives is small, almost meaningless
the usual argument that it would funnel an attack to the sternum when hit in the breast, doesnt actually hold up to logic
90% of edged or stabbing weapons would not penetrate the sternum armor at all, while heavy crushing weapons would penetrate it boobs or no
people whose weapons cannot penetrate would aim for weakpoints rather than attempt to hit the strongest part, while does whose weapons can pierce it, would do so even without the boobs
meanwhile, the person wearing it will be someone who is willing to pay premium for custom combat equipment, implying a level of confidence and training

when you consider many males wore "boobplate" which emphasize the abs and pecs to a heavy degree which may slightly compromise effectiveness, and its not at all unreasonable to believe a female fighter would wear armor to show off physical traits

Nigga please give me a list of woman warriors. Jeanne d'Arc doesn't count.

Officers have been retards for thousands of years, user. The sooner you understand this, the better off you'll be.

muscle cuirasses were decorative and for the rich
infantry wore a plain plate or layered linen

the dickplate was for more comfortable horse riding

>give me a list of women warriors
>but any women warriors don't count

Attached: Brainlet Windmill.jpg (200x253, 15K)

literally name some other than joan

Attached: owo.jpg (799x739, 84K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wartime_cross-dressers

>somebody starts theoretically talking about what kind of plate armor would be feasible for a girl to wear
>suddenly get so triggered you start sperging about how unrealistic women fighting is and "tell me when women warriors were ever a thing outside of when they were?!!?!?"
user, calm down.

The issue is women are too weak to wear any plate armour.

And are stupid enough to make it 'hot' with heels and boobs.

Were people back then really just so fucking stupid they couldn't tell if someone was a girl or not? That's a long list.

Attached: 15212828999180.png (635x440, 327K)

It's not hard for a dude to pass as a lady and a girl to pass as a man with effort, user.

Plus, a lot of the time people turned a blind eye to lady dressed as man because it's patriotic and they needed the manpower.

Soldiers were typically much younger back then, and the average malnourished state of most of said soldiery made it so that 'those' kinds of physical developments went largely unnoticed.

Fair enough.
t. deluded tranny

>t. deluded tranny
Nah, I'm just saying, look at all the trap bullshit in the modern day.

I've noticed it too.
But a carefully shot picture vs real life is quite a difference though.

Attached: onlinevsreality.png (1864x1256, 1.9M)

Fair point, but, combined with , they'd be able to pass.

Attached: My dick is confused.jpg (640x480, 104K)

Point taken

Attached: 1524895265874.jpg (198x223, 45K)

On normal grunts, no.

On officers/nobles/rich idiots, of course

>It's not hard for a dude to pass as a lady
According to the Former Chief of Disguise for the CIA, it's almost impossible.
youtube.com/watch?v=JASUsVY5YJ8&t=3m20s
(time 3:20)

Adult female facial bone structure is very close to the one of children, while most adult male bone structure has a layer of "armor" added that can't be disguised and would have to be surgically removed in order to pass.

Adding the illusion of male bumpiness to a female face using makeup is possible, and should work in most lighting conditions even if it's only some shading (will still look bumpy, just differently bumpy). Using makeup/countershading to precisely remove the bumpiness however is dependent on controlled lighting conditions and an illusion instantly falling apart once you step away from the makeup-mirror.

Attached: 1550433775984.jpg (667x942, 125K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6KHz0qWQA9I

Hence why MtF trannies always look like absolute trainwrecks.

interesting clip, thanks user.

>muscle cuirasses were decorative
except they aren't though, they're fancy as fuck and definitely for the rich but they're still extremely effective armor for their time

>boobplate
possible to do without it being fapbait
>high heeled armor
possible if it's a very low heel for sitting in stirrups like a cowboy boot instead of fapbait stiletto heels

Attached: gladiatrix.jpg (250x516, 37K)

Boob plate can be argued for, even in a semi historical setting.
see High heels ... it's hard outside fantasy but could work within it if the riding style and animal would include using them as some sort of spur on the bottom rather than the back of the shoe... riding a dragon, chokobo or something.

The factor of not wanting to get in touch with the commoners dirt on the streets could be used, but only if it's a platform heel type also raising the front .. raising the back to a much larger degree might not make sense though.
the attached picture is a historical example of this concept.

Attached: Shoemuseum_Lausanne-IMG_7291.jpg (1920x1920, 534K)

>It's not hard for a dude to pass as a lady
Retard
>girl to pass as a man with effort
This is true.

youtu.be/6KHz0qWQA9I

>tfw I don't even recognize myself after not wanting to listen to a dude prattle for 10 minutes about whether or not boob plate is dangerous

For more confusion try this guys twitter..
twitter.com/Rei_Dunois

It's also a good example of someone, in spite of fairly feminine bone-structure, struggling with keeping up the illusion once the lighting works against his efforts in although the bangs are covering up the more problematic points.

Attached: jlqk1b8AxT7kLPDw.jpg (675x1200, 89K)

But is it dangerous or not?

Summed up, not impracticable or dangerous enough to make its use completely unlikely in a context in which it would be seen as fashionable.

... Thinking of fashion and armor,
as the Japanese usually have mask-like face protection, the contemporary female (or male intending confusion) interpretation, similar to the boob-plate concept would likely look like picture attached.

Attached: 4f73d5e999ff006708d0d68ddac35d3c.jpg (900x1200, 120K)

less dangerous than getting stabbed in the tit, also probably less dangerous than the 'all armor must be 15th century plate or it isn't realistic' crowd would have you believe

You essentially never want concavity in a piece of armor. It will end up catching piercing hits and not letting them glance off.
Heals are absurd. There is no reason you want to concentrate your ground pressure.

OwO

Attached: dafq.jpg (562x530, 62K)

It's a design that is perfect if you really want your sternum broken, besides Plate armor is made to accommodate lots of padding so there's no point to making it particularly form fitting outside of what is necessary

Attached: 1c93254c7e195259ec2768f5fc9f397f.jpg (285x380, 34K)

Attached: 4b668e5a35d18065b89e99d573d8f2e4_59176.png__thumb.jpg (582x380, 50K)

>there's no point to making it particularly form fitting outside of what is necessary
You're missing the point here, if it's a historical armor with tits like then the point of the breasts is to look like an idealized human form not to be a perfect second skin made of metal. If the point is to look slutty to sell more books/games/movies with a picture on the cover then they're going to ignore that and make it a second skin showing off whatever triple D milkies they want to show off because realistic armor is not a priority for most artists.

> High heels

Where do you think heels came from?

It was horse riding nobles who first started wearing a heel. It was used to hook into the stirrup so they wouldn't slip while mounting up.

do they even exist

I'm aware of this (an I believe it was also already mentioned), the post was addressing only the problem of OP style stiletto heels being somewhat impractical even given the historical origin of the heel concept.

Unreasonable. Women didn't really fight, and titty armor would have been more expensive and more arduous to make. Also, heels like that are a surefire way to break an ankle on a grass field covered in blood, shit and piss.

They look nice, and I wouldn't want my fantasy games to get rid of them, but it's completely impractical.

Except that the dick is an important area that draws strikes given that it is completely debilitating to be stabbed in the fucking cock. Chest armor isnt a new concept, and soldiers arent rich. Furthermore, women arent usually officers, and anything beyond hammering out the chest a little bit near the top is going to exponentially increase the cost of the armor in order to do it right, or it is going to thin and weaken the armor.

>Like 3 dozen women in total over the space of several hundred years.

Hahahahahahaha

Except the placard has that exact funneling shape you described. Or is getting stabbed in the stomach OK? Remember, even with armor compromised slightly by decorative features (and there are TONS of historical armor with decorative features you can say are definitely compromising to the practicality of the armor) it is still a plate of steel backed up by padding. It is very hard to cut or punch through period, much less enough to get past all the padding underneath to even nick you. Even plate against an anvil (a hard unmovable backing, which is way more ideal compared to a movable person covered in padding possibly even dodging away from you) with a big hammer and a sharp chisel takes a decent amount of effort to cut. Unless you have a helper with a big sledge (by the way which would be heavier than any battlefield weapon) you would not penetrate in one blow. Historical plate averages about 2mm thick. And is frequently much thicker at the center of the breastplate (historical armor was not made from plates of even thickness).

I'd be more concerned with the fact that she can't raise her fucking arms there.

Looks like Mac DeMarco.

Attached: 130430-mac-demarco.jpg (794x529, 155K)

To be fair those are only the ones that made it into the history books, something they all tried very hard to avoid.

High heels as per regular fantasy designs are probably nothing you'd ever see in a fight. Suggestions of high heels, or if you prefer a thick sole with a significant hollowing under the hollow of your foot may be something for cavalry though to fit the stirrups securely.

As for boobplate, well, there are degrees in hell. So let's first just ignore the obviously ridiculous ones, that seem more like body paint on top of silicon (and possibly anti-gravity) stuffed anatomy than any armour.
If we dial it down a bit form that though it seems like many of the usual complaints don't stand up all that well to scrutiny though. That it won't let attacks glance off quite as easily is a common one, but not all armour was designed to maximise that anyway. Look at the Maximilian style for example (pic). While having attacks glance off is certainly nice (unless it slips off a pauldron and into your neck or some such, thus at times we see ridges and such added specifically to stop this) it wouldn't seem to be,a s some do claim, the main purpose of armour. The main purpose is simply that a layer of iron is a lot more resilient than your bare naked skin. Extensive ridges can make glancing blows less common, but they also strengthen the armour. Heck, as basically any deviation from a flat plate is strengthening, beating boobs into a plate should also help a bit there.
Now about these protrusions making some blows glance off the peaks and into the central valley that too may not be much of an issue. Old breastplates were rarely of even thickness. The regions more likely to suffer heavy blows were thicker to stand up to that, the parts less likely were thinner to save weight. So if we know that a lot of attacks will be re-directed to a specific spot then we can simply shift more of the armour's mass there.

Attached: IMG_1639.jpg (1001x1721, 314K)

Then if we look at the idea of the boobs being shaped so that you get a sharp inwards wedge in between, well, I'd recommend just not shaping things that way. Or if you must, make a more sensible breastplate first and then add hollow metal decorative bits on top of that. Well define cleavage on the outside, shredded by any serious attack before they can have an adverse effect on you, but a good breastplate underneath.
All in all a monoboob design would probably make more sense from a purely functional standpoint if our fighter is so heavily endowed that we have to start modifying things to accommodate it all. And at that point, well, we basically do have historical armour that fits the bill. But we should also keep in mind that armour was always very much a matter of fashion as well, and give the range of variants we see created to match civilian fabric fashion I have a feeling dividing up the monoboob a bit wouldn't be the biggest sacrifice someone has done to style in their field armour. Especially since...

Attached: 141_4159.jpg (1600x1200, 776K)

...we have things like this existing. Probably mean tot be pectorals of considerable size rather than tits of more moderate size, but given local preferences or just who's wearing it I'd say it could probably pass as either.

All in all, it doesn't quite exist in reality, but many variants of boobplate would IMO be well within the realms of the reasonable according to historical standards if fashion had called for it. It's an easily spotted thing though even for those who don't know a terrible lot about armour and so it gets a lot of attention, while concerns like may require a bit more thought about the matter.

Attached: Kavacha Mughal 18th.jpg (779x1007, 412K)

>How reasonable/realistic is the 'boobplate' and high heeled armor that appears in fantasy/fiction.

People make armor based on what they want.
Boob plate armor existed. Jacked armor () existed. Dick armor () existed.

Ornate armor has been a thing since the invention armor until its demise.

Attached: wpe285e2de921.jpg (750x714, 80K)

allthatsinteresting.com/women-warriors

Add the Trung sisters to the list, there ya go.

Boobplate and high-heeled boots make my dingaling the big dingaling, so I would like to keep seeing them in fantasy art.

Especially when they're trying to keep the style of Frazetta or Vallejo, as opposed to generic Asian digital paintings

And modern angled armor is designed to snap LRPs, since shot traps are irrelevant against everything but T-55s using 40s vintage full-caliber AP

>where do you think you are?

not at all. breast plates of the german, milanese and other styles sit on your hips around your waist while the chest cavity is globose so you can breathe into that space. plenty of space there to accomodate a sporty female physique tits.

>and high heeled armor that appears in fantasy/fiction.

your pic is unrealsitic because leg armour again ties to the hip.

Attached: 60ede2f0b2e463ef94e886d264ee9e66.jpg (593x800, 83K)

Attached: 5735309260_74b26fe462_o.jpg (900x1600, 160K)

Attached: 1520705144679.jpg (564x736, 53K)

>Comparing semi professional photo to a picture taken from a webcam and probably a shaky phone

I really don’t like heels, especially in fantasy/vidya, it doesn’t look hot just plain stupid, a girl capable of running and hiding is much more attractive.