Gunstore gear-grinding thread

Share what or who really grind your gears in your local gunstore(s)

>beat to shit sporterized Kar98 priced as if it was mint condition and taken from the hands of Paul Mauser himself
>intern/apprentice who thinks he's hot shit when he's spouting long-debunked gun myths and memes
>that one redneck-looking customer who pronounced "Mannlicher" as "Man-Licker"

Attached: WhatReallyGrindsMyGears.jpg (350x287, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.se/?hl=en&tab=wT&authuser=0#view=home&op=translate&sl=de&tl=en&text=mannlicher
discord.gg/hJ8aDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so how do you fucking pronounce it then fag

It is pronounced Man-Licker you retard. But anyway

>FFL pesters me during transfer of why i didnt buy the gun being transfered from him when his is $140 more and he refuses to haggle

>Gun stores that charge a CC fee on top of the gun (only one locally does this)

>seller refuses to move a gun price after its been on his shelf for over 8 months and he knows its listed insanely high

>pawn shops that act like they have to get gunbroker returns on a gun they paid $70 for

>general disorganization of most gun shops

Mann as in the german word for Man
Licher as "Lissher", with the "ssh" as if you are hushing someone

the word "Mannlicher" comes from the german word "Mannlich", meaning "Manly".
Just take that pronunciation then add "er" on the end.
translate.google.se/?hl=en&tab=wT&authuser=0#view=home&op=translate&sl=de&tl=en&text=mannlicher

You american dumbfucks need to learn some proper teutonic german.

old dude works there hates M16s probably because his buddies got smoked using them in nam. thinks the M14 is the only rifle to ever have existed.

>>beat to shit sporterized Kar98 priced as if it was mint condition and taken from the hands of Paul Mauser himself
Anyone who buys milsurp deserves to be overcharged. Milsurp sucks. There's a reason they don't make them anymore.

Shut up you whore k31s are great. Don't bully me.

>i only buy guns for function and not because im interested in them, i just like to be a tacticool mall ninja
please leave, lucas.

Attached: 754026001498726151_.jpg (640x640, 65K)

>had two gun stores in town
>one just sells ARs and Glocks and shit
>The other sells badass milsurp guns in great condition for low low prices
>The milsurp store is the one that goes out of business

Oiled gears
>local gunshop
>keeps small inventory of handguns and rifles
>mostly accessories and ammunition
>$40 or something transfer fee
>prices on wall guns are msrp or below
>small used section will adequately prices guns
>encourages use of them as the go to for online purchases
>recently started milling slides
>only charges $95 for a full slide and coating for rmr.
>warranties milling
>wall guns never stay on wall long and if they do the price drops
>used gun rack cycles rapidly
>staff knowledgable and experienced
They just opened a second location in the area

Feelsgoodman.jpg

>$40 transfer fee
Are you in California or something because that's really shitty. My FFL is $20.

he isnt in california. Its worse here.

>tfw transfer fee in ausfalia is $10 dollarydoos everywhere

I found a local police supply shop that has an FFL and does $25 transfers. There used to be an old timer that worked out a battery shop that did them for $15 but I'm 100% he's dead.

>milsurp sucks

Do you know where you are sonny?

Attached: 1521182863031.jpg (582x534, 49K)

>they actually pay ffl fees over $5

Ffs just go on gunbroker and start scrolling through ffls until you find one that does them for free or sub $10

t. Never paid an ffl fee in my life despite buying guns online regularly

>be me, live in commie state
>LGS is actually based
>prices comparably low despite regulations and taxes
>employees helpful and nice, will help noobs learn about guns, laws and drop subtle red pills
>help people get their CCW, always try to convince people who buy or own pistols to get one
>store has a comfy, friendly vibe
>owner is vehemently pro 2Aand extremely anti-fudd despite being a boomer

How about some happy LGS stories?

Attached: 64D1D1BC-B0E8-4494-97FF-80DF1EFB3AC3.jpg (678x381, 34K)

>mfw my lgs does free ffl transfers

Huntsville TX bros where ya at

>that store that doesn't let people under 18 in (I'm overage and this still annoys me)
>that store where the owners gossip to their fellow butt-buddies and deliberately ignore you
>that store that sells only fudd guns
>that store where the guy behind the counter has a serious superiority complex and talks to you like you don't even matter to him
>that store that only has ARs and pistols out the ass and nothing else

Oh, you live everywhere?

>smallish shop has 10 employees on the floor breathing down your neck and watching your every move. go away you faggots I'm browsing
>Only carries 115grain 9mm
>$40 transfers

At my lgs for the first time in years. Looking at the shotguns and another customer walks in. Obviously a well like regular based on the employees reactions. Walks over to the shotguns where I am and proceeds to point everyone he picks up directly at me. I eventually walked away. How do you become a regular at a gun store without knowing not to fucking sweep people like that.

At the pawn shop I work at we used to do $10 transfers and we were cheapest in area but so many people started using us and being insuffetable cuntd we bumped it to $25 to make them go away and give us more time to do pawn stuff. Didn't work.

>Huntsville TX bros where ya at
Tiny world after all, what gun store is this? I'm currently /nogunz/ but interested in buying a firearm at some point.

NJfag here, transfer fees in my area are between 65-75 USD

>that store with awesome stuff along the walls labeled "NOT FOR SALE"

Attached: AkiYamatoRoom.png (1280x824, 1.22M)

No one actually fucking uses that language except for irrelevant austrians, germans, and swiss. No one gives a shit, english is better

When shops put "8mm Labelle" on the label

Attached: 051515-patti-labelle-joins-after-midnight-cast.jpg (2238x2801, 3.49M)

>looking for new cc
>find the one I want
>dealer is $200 over internet price
>ask him if theres any bargaining room
>NO SONNY
>ask if he can xfer the one off the internet
>sure sonny for $200
>gets mad when i just turn around and leave

My local shops are cheaper than any big box. They price everything as low as the manufacturer will let them. I do my transfers at a shop that only does transfers.

I think all of the things that we find annoying in the gun community can be traced back to boomers/fudds

>Be me, 20 Y/O, babyface so I look younger than that
>Have a great paying job working county EMS, lots of overtime bc 24 hour shifts
>Go to LGS, guy at the counter looks at me kind of skeptically as I walk up, conversation goes like this
>Me: "Hi, I'm looking to get an Arsenal SLR-107."
>Clerk: "Uh-Huh... let me see how much that would be. You know those things aren't cheap right?"
>"Yeah I'm aware."
>"You understand you have to pay one hundred percent up front right?"
>"I'm prepared to do that."

He spent the entire transfaction badgering me like he didn't believe I had money. Boomers can't grasp the fatc that some younger people have actual fucking jobs. I haven't been back since.

That same LGS has been accused of selling reloaded ammunition as factory loads, and the owner is also known to take a payment to order a rifle, then wait months to actually order the rifle and blatantly lie to customers the whole time. There is a customer there who stated he ordered a rifle and never received it, so he called the shop and the owner told him the distributor was out of stock of the rifle he ordered, he called the distributor up and they told him they had 20+ that weren't allocated to anyone.

discord.gg/hJ8aDg

guns & bantz

Attached: whenyouseeit.jpg (736x441, 64K)

>browsing LGS after shooting at their range
>they do consignment
>someone just dropped off a S&W Model 36
>$200

i was so stoked. the place is a tactical mall ninja store that usually only deals in black plastic so they didn't know they could have easily charged twice as much and kept the profit

Attached: 1550312160207.jpg (353x334, 16K)

>be me
>go into gun store
>look around a bit
>ask beardsly mcqueermo behind the counter if they sell ar15 buffer springs
>he says yup and pulls out an ar10 buffer spring
>Clarify that I said ar15 not ar10
>he doubles down that it is in fact a an ar15 spring
>ask him to prove it
>he takes an ar15 off the wall , takes the ar15 spring out, and puts the ar10 spring in it
>he then struggles to charge it
>yells at me to get the fuck out
>leave and learn a lesson about how it's better to order shit online

Shouldn't you be out lynching a dude or something?

Attached: 4fbfd20d49100.preview-1024.jpg (1024x576, 96K)

>Live in the People’s Republic of New York
>Parents are both liberals so no guns growing up
>Get a job and eventually save up to buy a 10/22
>Staff at LGS/Range are very friendly and help me learn how to shoot
>Eventually get to know most of the staff
>Constantly bitch about the SAFE act and other bullshit laws with them

I’m planning on leaving this state as soon as I graduate college, but I’m gonna miss my range bros.

Shit doesn't bother me. It's insignificant in my life. If you want to be a dumb fuck, enjoy your status. I don't give a damn.

Attached: !12v.jpg (514x409, 59K)

>No one actually fucking uses that language except for irrelevant austrians, germans, and swiss. No one gives a shit, english is better

Big words from an anglo fucktard who can't even make a gun that works.

>my feefees about my safe queen are hurt when a guy who watched his friends die when said safe queen is used in combat
Dude, seriously think about suicide.

Attached: download.png (241x209, 7K)

Milsurp used to be a good investment. But now you have people paying $350 at lowest for Mosin-Nagants when they weren't even that good when they came out.

When the owners are really mean and grumpy

Damn..

Milsurps aren't stocks you stupid faggot boomer

>Be East Tennessee fag
>Gunshops everywhere, although they might as well be all Build-An-AR shops.
>All either overpriced or full of nothing but glocks
>Except one
>Local gun and boat store
>Owner is legitimately crazy, like magnets over doors to scramble cyborg brains crazy.
>Gunsmith is an old schoolteacher who smiths in his free time.
>Both incredibly cool and easygoing despite being quintessential fudds.
>Not a single Glock or AR in the store.
>Waste many hours on the weekends shooting the shit with them, or picking through their oddball ammo.
> “oh yeah if we don’t got ammo you need we can make it here”
>Load up on 7.62x45, .43 Egyptian, and 8x56r.
>Have fun with friendly fudds. They taught me about relaoading and sold me my first 12 gauge press for dirt cheap
>Show up one day looking for m14 stripper clips for my Ishapore.
>Store is closed
>My heart sank
>Turns out local mall ninja warehouses had been killing their profits for years, ab they finally couldn’t stay open
>Still see gunsmith at local gun shows and chat with him.
>I miss those guys. Best friends 17 year old me could have asked for

Attached: B379ADF6-47BB-4A10-80A6-846E0C141864.png (465x385, 221K)

Nobody cares unless you're playing Age of Empires. Garand is pronounced in nomenclature like "grand," even though his actual name is "ger-and."\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Bullets blades and concealment, their prices aren't too bad but I recommend supporting the store since they might stop doing them for free if too many people start taking advantage of them.

Attached: 1549001102239.jpg (580x548, 34K)

>Nearest gun stores are all pawn shops with tons of beater shotguns and indoor ranges with AR-15 DMR kits, even though max range is 25 yards.
>Cheapest Transfer rate in town is $30, older one used to be a class 3 contractor for $5, but they closed
>Pawnshops wanting $300 for a Rustington B8-70 that looks like it was dragged through the Great Salt Lake
>Consignment Counter at ranges are just filled with .40 S&W 3rd Gens for $500+

At least the armslist deals are pretty good every now and again.

Attached: 1494763306864.jpg (326x464, 36K)