What happened to the US made VSS?

Attached: viska.png (760x600, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ssd-weapon.com/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UT9-4I_0cCg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's apparently still not ready

It's been 2 years

Attached: VSS_Vintorez_and_AS_Val_Conscript_day_in_Moscow_2011_01.jpg (2250x1500, 2.48M)

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE AMERICAN MADE BREN 10 AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Whatever happened to the Wolf 9x39 upper?

Probably the same thing that happened to the American SVD from 5 years back.

Wow. They should have just stuck with one caliber. The original caliber. HMG shills had the same stupid problem with "designing multiple guns" instead of just starting with one, then expanding after initial sales.

Fucking retarded

REEEEeeeeee

Attached: WP_20150311_17_03_25_Pro.jpg (864x643, 184K)

And to think this could all be avoided if our politicians actually gave a shit about us

These upstarts always do this, draw up a product that the public is clamoring for and then bite off more than they can chew by deciding to offering it in a variety of significantly different calibers that require the arduous designing of a magwell that will accept all of the different magazines for them, invariably setting the project back significantly or fatally.

I hear you, user. Grandiosity has always been the biggest obstacle in business. And the same reason why NATO has a standard caliber and magazine.

They -always- underestimate just how much of a chore it is to do a magwell, much less one that will take multiple kinds of magazines chambered for rounds with wildly differing rates of tapering.

I think the term for that is Expectation Bias or something. But it's also why it's important to be realistic about things. Especially with something people really want (and rightfully so).

To be fair if they just did it in 5.56 and .300 that wouldn't be an issue, but that's because .300 was designed from the ground up to require no change in any part of the AR other than the barrel, precisely because they wanted to avoid the magwell/magazine redesign shitshow.

I think these are actually available now.

Those have been available for years, they're just backordered to all shit and back and you'll be waiting a couple of years to get yours.
>Hey look HMG a company doesn't cut corners at every turn when making a clone of an autistic wehraboo rifle and it STILL can't keep up with demand despite the wallet raping pricetag, pretty neat huh?

>trying to crowdfund a gun
When will you fags ever learn?

Attached: 485E36BA-4D8F-41FC-A945-B019A9ACEB98.jpg (960x768, 53K)

As a rebuttal, I also want to add the company's manufacturing potential to the question. Just like Armalite selling the AR to Colt before Vietnam happened.

The import ban is straight up retarded

I've seen a few reviews of people waiting 4-5 years for their order. I wouldn't be surprised if the company goes under because of mass refunds and no product deliveries.

They would have been better off making parts kits and letting the customer build it themselves.

Well yeah that's practically the whole reason they plaid it safe with .300, they weren't like these other smalltime companies that though magwell and mag design was no biggie.

tbf, there is a german manufacturer that somehow pushed these things out at 2.5kish before the new catalog was announced

I see what you mean. The concept of a Parent Cartridge (like 30-06 and 308 somewhat). I just hope they have the ability to make their own STANAG magazines to somewhat match the original STG design.

Good input. I'll look into it.

> If you are truly interested in owning one there are two ways right now. The first, and surest is to get on the waiting list by contacting us at [email protected] with your contact info and stating that you want to be added to the list. The list is getting longer and if you get on right now the projected delivery at our present pace could be up to 9 months – hence the second option. Which is to bypass the list and buy one of the rifles that will be set aside out of each run that will be sold at auction – probably on gunbroker.com. How many? Probably 5 out of each run of 15.
This isn't looking good.

their seo is absolute shit
ssd-weapon.com/index.html

> THE TII FG42 IS STILL $4,995.00 + 75.00 SHIPPING/INSURANCE BUT 0N 09-01-18 THE BASE PRICE WILL BE 5,495.00
Oof! Yikes!

You're telling me. Actually having to email the guy for an order. Jesus christ. They don't even have anything to send out yet. Fuckers are in over their head

probably makes hmg feel even worse about their decision not to go down the autistic repro way instead of the affordable for everyone path

> We are now getting between 1-2 thousand spam mails every day that we sift through to see that we don’t delete legitimate mail. This is a big time killer so until we get the site setup better we are going to ask that if you want to comment or ask a question etc you send it to us at [email protected] . As of today all bulk spam here will be deleted and the hour or so will shift back to making rifles. Thanks!
No shit. They're going to go broke selling $5.5k rifles.

> They don't even have anything to send out yet
They've been shipping out orders since like 2014 tho...

Sorry, I was mentioning more about having a decent number of products to meet the large demand for milsurp repros.

Oh, yeah, they're pretty much at NodakSpud levels of being able to meet consumer demand. I guess that is better than what HMG will experience if they ever get their shit out to begin with.
> I just hope they have the ability to make their own STANAG magazines to somewhat match the original STG design.
Don't worry, they gave up on that and you're basically forced to use regular AR mags if you want to shoot your 5.56 STG. Because what's one more glaring compromise for this trainwreck of a rifle.

Attached: DSC_0212.jpg (1500x1000, 431K)

I suppose. The original calibers would make sense because most (if not a large percentage) of the plans are already there. And that's pretty much what milsurp enthusiasts would be the most satisfied with.

Just like this pic. People like historical war games because they want to see what it was like to actually be there.

Attached: Battlefield-5-The-Last-Tiger-Muller-750x422.png (750x422, 40K)

>Just like this pic
It better posts Forgotten hope 2 or it gets the hose agian

Just reading this, I'm really feeling your pain. I'm still mad about manchildren like this ruining milsurps because they think it's the same thing as building an AR.

Personally, I really think the M16 was a mistake. And they should have switched gears to the AR-18. It's a bit closer in manufacturing concepts to German Reich weapons anyway.

kek

>they gave up on that and you're basically forced to use regular AR mags if you want to shoot your 5.56 STG
does it ever fucking end with these people

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (720x696, 56K)

I'm not going to blame an objectively fantastic rifle for HMG being inept retards. I won't evne blame the AR market for it, because these morons are making this pseudo-clone for a market that just doesn't exist. They wanted to target this unicorn buyer that loves history enough to drop over a grand for some replical of a shitty WWII weapon, but is also casual enough to not care about the glaring inaccuracies it has. It's too expensive and niche for your everyday $400 AR-shooting peasant and it's not nearly as authentic to catch the eye of the people who drop five large on an FG-42 repro. WHO IS THIS RIFLE SUPPOSED TO APPEAL TO?

The guns are supposed to appeal to people just getting into the milsurp community, because most of the original stuff is already gone.

Then those people get the $500 SKSs and $300 nuggets or just wise up to the fact that the milsurp market is fucked for anyone but dedicated collectors now.

true, surp market is fucked everywhere, i live in europe and the US market is getting lined with our current price ( 480€ nagant and shit like that ), there is still some surp rifle you can found for cheap because either the user want to get rid of it or it's a gun that no one want

Can anons from different countries post the averange price for a decent k98, nugget, m1 and lee enfield pls. We could make some kind of standard of that to compare milsurp prices across different markets

Attached: 1550722548043.png (500x689, 168K)

They have made some pretty recent updates, I think latest being in december of last year of their replica VSS bolt in a replica vss bcg working or something

Requesting anons from different countries to post the respective prices for a decent
>k98
>nugget
>m1
>lee enflied No. 4
so we can get a picture of the milsurp market in their country

Attached: picturetogetyourattention.jpg (730x1095, 113K)

>a "look-alike" not available in 9×39mm
fuck this garbage

it's supposed to appeal to morons

And that's why I custom build my own. Besides gun makers piss their pants when the goym can start to think for himself anyway.

That's not as bad as the STG44 that was supposed to launch 4 years ago.

Holy shit lmao are you serious after supposedly delaying the whole thing for another year to fix their magazine issue they've now given up and you just have to use AR15 mags? LMAO

a relatively recent fb post said that they changed their minds and were only going to do the original 9x39 and then maybe do other calibers in the future if initial release was successful

Where the fuck will you buy 9x39

>only going to do the original 9x39
Wow, a gun no one can shoot. Amazing.

user, wolf imports 9x39 now. You can literally buy a 9x39 ar upper

retard

kek, see

9x39 AR
youtube.com/watch?v=UT9-4I_0cCg

Tula is also importing 9x39.

well, french user here
>k98
800 to 1000€ or more
>nugget
480€ for basic, 700€ for a fin nugget, 900€ or more for a sniper
>M1
garand ? 1300€ or a bit less
>enfield No.4
700 to 1000€ depend on condition and who make it, usually they go for 950€ for WW2 dated brit enfield