Will a PASGT helmet stop a rifle bullet like 7.62x51?

I heard stories of level 3a helmets being able to stop rifle bullets like 7.62x39 but not as a direct hit.
Can a 3a helmet stop a direct hit from a 7.62x51 NATO?

Attached: PAGST Helmet.jpg (1279x999, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

botach.com/3m-combat-ii-ballistic-impact-protection-helmet-7-62mm-rifle-protection/
ebay.com/itm/Combat-Worn-USMC-CERADYNE-Enhanced-Combat-Helmet-ECH-LARGE-MICH-ACH-LWH-UHMWPE/254137170837
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Absolutely not.

Stop? Naw, but maybe it can deflect a bullet that was flying for a while already.

No, it wasn't really designed to

At best, it's Level IIIA, so no. The wearer might survive if the round hits at a shallow angle, or like , but otherwise no.

It could happen but probably won't
I've heard of them stopping 8mm mauser

There are helmets that you can can buy that are capable. The current issue ECH helmet is rated to stop 7.62 x 51 M80 ball.

Attached: 762.png (494x520, 82K)

How much is it and how heavy is it?

1400 bones and restricted, but you can essentially buy the same thing on Fleabay

botach.com/3m-combat-ii-ballistic-impact-protection-helmet-7-62mm-rifle-protection/

ebay.com/itm/Combat-Worn-USMC-CERADYNE-Enhanced-Combat-Helmet-ECH-LARGE-MICH-ACH-LWH-UHMWPE/254137170837

how much does it weight?

There has been cases of even old steel-pots managing to either fully deflect or slow down rifle shots enough to safe the operator's life, but those have been lucky flukes and way beyond their intended purpose.

Just about any Kevlar helmet will do better than steel, especially if kept in good condition, but PASGT is literally the bare minimum by modern standards. Their protection level varies between roughly IIA - II, with later versions and derivatives (ie. LWH, MICH...) being full III-A.
These helmets main purpose is to protect from low-velocity ballistic threats (grenade frag, handgun rounds, buckshot), while also covering from blunt strikes, flames and pressure.

There exists these Enhanced Combat Helmets (ECH) now, that are rated level III (stops 7.62x39), and weight roughly the same as L-sized PASGT (~1.5kg). They're expensive as hell tho.

Attached: helmet stopped 7,62x39.jpg (800x533, 223K)

Only at a very long distance where the round has lost much of its energy

I wouldn’t put my money on it. Those helmets aren’t made to absorb shots like that, but instead handle things like shrapnel and blunt force. It may deflect a bullet at an angle, but even if it did t pierce the helmet, that force is gonna at least give you a concussion.

OK, so how would a PASGT or other IIIA or even newer level III helmet perform IF it has the IIA polycarbonate face shield and the shield is up covering the top and front of the helmet? Has anyone done a test on this to see if it performs reasonable effectively against rifle rounds? If it strikes the visor first and then the helmet will it measurably improve the performance of the helmet or is it basically a wash?

Attached: 1745625423453.jpg (640x640, 70K)

Depends on the circumstances of what and how the helmet was hit. Natick examined the helmets and vests of soldiers wounded and killed in Grenada and Panama and it appears that some survived some pretty bad hits, but not all.

>PASGT Helmet, Panama, December 1989, Sgt. Howard Overacker, Round 7.62mm: Survived

Attached: PASGT helmet 4.png (1004x801, 491K)

>PASGT Helmet Panama December 1989 SSG Farrel, Frederick D Co. 4-325th Air Ft Bragg NC: Survived Round 5.56mm

Attached: PASGT Helmet Panama December 1989 SSG Farrel, Frederick D Co. 4-325th Air Ft Bragg NC Survived Round (1009x801, 830K)

>PASGT Helmet Panama December 1989 SPC Daves, Jerry Scott B/1-504 Ft Bragg NC KIA; Hit with unidentified high powered round

Attached: PASGT Helmet Panama December 1989 SPC Daves, Jerry Scott B1-504 Ft Bragg NC KIA; Hit with unidentifi (1017x801, 856K)

From the standpoint of survivability, the helmet's ability to stop a projectile becomes pretty much moot when the energy (or impulse?) exerted by the projectile is great enough to break your neck. I am pretty sure a 7.62x51 taken head-on would snap your neck even if the helmet could stop it.

Attached: 17ce5ef7690672cd022d75ed38668200.jpg (960x719, 65K)

Would it snap your neck if you used your forehead instead of your shoulded when shooting?

Attached: 1550296433928.jpg (2048x1128, 272K)

No.

I'm sure that that helmet is heavy enough that it would significantly reduce the force of impact to the point that it might just give you a concussion and knock you out.

I heard barret 50 cal will rip your limb off if it's within 3ft of you too.

>I am pretty sure a 7.62x51 taken head-on would snap your neck even if the helmet could stop it

See

thats a LWH not a PSAGT

No shit, sherlock.

have an old PASGT might test it out if supply forgets that they issued me an ACH like the pasgt

>restricted
Good, it's about time this country gets some helmet control. The average citizen should only be allowed to own regular OSHA compliant hard hats. I support more legislation limiting personal protective equipment that contains two or more of the following features:
>chin strap
>interior padding (helmet owners shouldn't be comfortable)
>rails
>velcro
>NVG mount
>"tactical" colors
Nobody really needs a assault helmet anyway.

never I'm a retard it's a mich.

This hurts in a way that should be possible.

Oh shit, is that what that big bolt on those helmets was for? :O

>admits that helmet will not survive a direct hit from a 7.62x39
>asks if it will take a direct hit from a round twice as powerful as a 7.62x39

amigo I think you’re retarded

Attached: C04927D2-918F-45A7-84D1-55253EDFA616.png (750x1334, 536K)