Starting out

hey Jow Forums, im a 20 year old living in new york and im really interested in getting a gun. i've never fired a live gun before but i know what the kickback is like (relatives fired guns in front of me, explained how strong it kicks back). how should i get a life of a Jow Forumsommando started?

Attached: XDS9339B_29.jpg (1644x1200, 787K)

Lurk more, read the sticky. Go to a gunstore and look at the guns ask to hold them and pick the one that fits best in your hand.

Step 1. Go on wikipedia and read the article on firearms.
Step 2. Read about anything mentioned that you don't understand.
Step 3. Go back to step 2.

Are you in NYC or New York State?

Probably not with an XD

You have to be an adult to post here.

Attached: Daily Dose XD.jpg (526x394, 49K)

If you're not in NYC, you can buy rifles and shotguns straightforwardly. Handguns are something like six months to a year long wait for you guys. NYC is even worse, prepare your anus with plenty of lubricant. Maybe I'm confusing NYC with Nazi Jersey, but I'm pretty sure they can't even own BB guns without getting a license.

Attached: unicorn-gun-2-FB_IMG_1550872964698_jpg-854477.jpg (675x900, 115K)

>living in jew york

good luck getting a carry permit, let alone the gun.

>go to a range that has rentals
>tell them you want to shoot the deagle
>make sure you grip it loosely so you dont hurt your wrists

XDs are better built than Glocks, the only thing that sucks about them is their importer, Springfield Armory

XD’s, Glocks, M&P shield, are all good handguns the ultimate factor is how YOU shoot it. I’d recommend going to a shooting range and renting a few handguns to try out and see what you shoot best. Jow Forums is full of autistics and help with general info but you have to see for yourself. Pic related is what I ended up getting and have had no problems.

Attached: 1312D88D-8830-4ADA-81A5-B2BC05906F6A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

I struggled between a Glock and an XD and I decided on the XD because I handle it better and I have no regrets. Also the “GRIPZONE” pisses off autists and that’s a plus.

smith and wesson mp 2.0. dont get a 7-8 shot sub compact as your first. they are harder to shoot because low weight and 7-8 shots is garbo tier.

You've got that backwards. Autists like the gripzone. Everyone else laughs at it and them.

Get a Grip

Buddy did the same, plus the 5 or so extra metal mags helped make up his mind. It’s a great pistol, way overbuilt at least in 9mm, and great accuracy with a decent trigger, it’s a good gun for people just starting out in shooting who don’t have a lot of money to blow.

where in ny? if youre in the city, that sucks.
but you can get permits upstate, some counties are bigger cunts than others.
move

I'm still relatively new to guns but I can tell there's a lot of bad advice in this thread. Take an NRA FIRST steps course or an intro to handguns course at a local range. Learn the 4 safety rules like the back of your hand and take them seriously (all guns are loaded, muzzle discipline, trigger discipline, be aware of the target and what's behind it). Rent a gun to see what the kickback is like before buying it. Smaller pistol frame means more kickback.

But also lurking doesn't hurt. It would have been better to ask this in the QTDDTOT threads

>.22lr - no recoil
>9mm - seems plenty at first but you get over it after 100 rounds
>.357mag - plenty but nothing that would make you drop the gun or feel actual pain

Best way to start your career is to find a range that has many guns for rent, and join up. That way your fist buy will be something that you like, and you won't mindlessly just buy a dozen guns just to learn how different calibers feel. Also, its "recoil", not kickback.

Attached: 196144.jpg (1024x1024, 1.01M)

XD's are junk. Don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

thanks Doc

>recoil is bad on a 9mm

your relatives are fucking gay

Zone

Or women shooting subcompacts. Maybe grandmas. I think it's understandable.

Walther ppq. HK VP9, Glock 19, Glock 43, Shield, Sig 365, p320, p229, p226 CZ p10c. Ruger lc9, FN five seven, arex rex zero 1 or alpha. some of these are expensive, but you probably have new york money.

Buy a high quality handgun, like a hi-point, and turn it sideways to increase muzzle friction and make the bullets shoot harder

The first gun I ever shot was a .44 magnum and it was way easier to handle than I had imagined, to be honest I couldn’t tell that much difference between the 9mm when I eventually got to shoot it.
Perhaps the thousands of hours of vidya thought me something because I’m a weak bitch and was certain that I would smash myself in the face.

I don't mean to be a dick here, but was the .44 magnum loaded with .44 special? It's cheaper for target shooting and has more gentle recoil for new shooters. I start a lot of new people on that or .38 special.