The 40 caliber

Why is there honestly so much hate on this caliber?

Honestly and let’s not troll, I’ve been shooting my 40 caliber for 5-6 years now and I have no issues, I can be on target at 25 yards.
I understand this is Jow Forums and I’m going to get stupid responses, but if there are any actual experts on here, redpill me, and no I don’t wanna see ballistics stats on 9vs40vs45 when I see videos and the 40 is better than the 9 as far as damage and slightly less then the 45 acp.

I don’t get the hate desu, I have a .380, multiple 9mm, a 45(1911) and two 40s and I always go to my 40,

Attached: B11AF995-0A96-44E1-B28A-96DE5CE0117F.jpg (1155x1155, 55K)

Legitimately the only hate I see on the 40 caliber is on Jow Forums

.40 is snappier than 9mm, and with the advances in bullet design and increases in 9mm case pressure 9mm is close enough to .40 that .40 isn’t a clear winner.

Plus you get higher capacity and it’s cheaper to practice with.

Op here,
Definitely snappy, but I honestly don’t have an issue with that. I’d say 10mm is closer to the 40.
I agree 9mm is way cheaper and way more available. But I’ve seen many videos of the 40 surpassing the 9mm in damage.

Mainly it's little bitch boys who either dont want to practice so they depend on 'muh capacity' and spray pray, and a bunch fools who regurgitate popular opinions.

Worse than 9, almost as expensive as .45 so why diversify your shit on a useless caliber?

I always here that 40 isn't a clear winner, but it's a larger round traveling faster. All things equal, it causes the bigger wounds.

I think it has 9 beat by 0.1 inches of expansion by most reports.

>t. brainlet

>357 Sig Master race reporting

Attached: 9_40_45One_04-1.jpg (661x496, 218K)

There are literally multiple ballistic studies that show 9mm has multiple equal or superior loadings than .40.

While you can get a gun chambered in .40 cheaper, the ammo costs more, Magazines cost more and hold less and the reality is that support for those guns is dwindling. Slowly, but it is. It's just like .357 sig, it was all marketing and no substance. Would I carry a .40 if my department told me to? Sure. I don't distrust a gun in .40. But if it's my money buying ammo and mags, I'd rather have my guns in 9mm. .40 just isn't better.

If you like .40 and don't mins spending 5-10 cents more a round depending on the wigs and wags of the market go nuts you animal. God bless and have fun. But Op will always be a faggot. And .40 will always be short and weak.

>10mm is closer to the 40
laughs in 1500 fps with a 155 grain bullet

Trips checked

costs more than 9mm
not as big a difference between .40 and 9mm as there used to be
people who like recoil gravitate to 10mm instead

I still shoot it every now and then. Out of a full size I like it. It's like a spicy 9mm.

Out of a subcompact it's absolutely terrible. You can cram 9mm into a semiauto subcompact and be okay - it won't be your favorite but it'll be doable and you'll be on target. Put .40 into that same package and you'll be innaccurate AND you'll hate practicing. Not as bad as .357 Mag +P out of an air weight snubby but similarly unpleasant.

I will say that if I was having to shoot ONLY FMJ ball ammo I would take a .40 over a 9mm anyday.

Theres a reason why I'm buying a .40 soon. Its not because its superior, better or whatever the case is. I mean, it will do more physical damage than a 9mm but then again, that's debatable depending on load and other factors, obviously capacity is shit, recoil is snappy if you're a limp wristed fag and so on and on ...I know the .40SW is a meme and a complete marketing ploy and a sign of social justice going silly , I know that yet.. I will still buy a .40SW because none of you faggots like it, the fags in reddit don't like it , the fudds usually dont like it and not even Leo's are carrying it yet it's still being made in large quantities and you know what that means?...during the shortage of ammo in 2012, .40SW was the round that was always around, there was never a shortage of it, unlike .223, 5.56, 9mm, 22LR, 357mag etc etc which means that in a stfh scenario a .40SW will always be abundant.

It's a verified girls caliber. Also 10 mm bullies like to tease and kick around the 40 sw cripple.

This is only a plus if you're some shortsighted fag who doesn't know what stockpiling means.

>FBI decides 9mm won't cut it
>FBI desk jockey's can't handle 10mm
>Thus, 40 short and weak was born

Or so I've heard. Whatever the story, it's a fucking pistol cartridge, and they're all trash. Why would you go with expensive, compromised trash?

>carving a bigger hole actually matters a whole lot
.45 makes way more sense. 10+1 capacity is perfectly adequate for civilian CCW and top of the line .45 BTFOs .40 by about 25% in terms of expansion. This is a bigger gain than .40 has over 9mm with current loadings.
>penetration actually matters a whole lot
.357 sig makes way more sense. It has lower felt recoil than .40 for a given energy or velocity and will always out penetrate it with comparable loads due to having a smaller frontal area.
>velocity/energy really matters
Again, .357 sig BTFOs .40 in both categories while being extremely manageable in terms of recoil.
>ok, i don't think that having the most energy, expansion, or penetration is important. I just need "enough" to do the job
9mm has been shown time and time again to be perfectly adequate in these categories with modern ammo. If adequate instead of exemplary is ok then 9mm does that while having lower recoil, cheaper ammo, lower parts wear, and greater capacity.

Hating .40 is pure memery, but as the epitome of a compromise caliber it's hardly surprising that most people pass it over for something else at the end of the day.

Shit caliber defended by shit humans.
Offers nothing 9mm, 45acp, and 10mm
Don't already offer.

> .357 sig BTFOs .40
If only they were comparable in price. I can get steel case 5.56 cheaper than I can Speer .357 Sig training ammo. Hell, 10mm is cheaper than .357 Sig, and that doesn't make a lot of sense unless hardly anyone is cutting down .357 Sig brass.

I mean steel case .223 is like 18cpr right now, so not sure if that's really a fair complaint. Way i look at is if you want .357 magnum performance you have to pay .357 prices.