H&R shotty

Hi Jow Forums, my lgs has pic related on sale for $140, and I’m tempted to buy it. I’m a college student who’s only other firearm is my Marlin 60. I don’t hunt or anything, I just like shooting shit . Would this be a good first shotgun on a budget?

Attached: E6F475CC-1B1B-4743-BA09-27E143D362F5.jpg (900x600, 331K)

Yes

>on sale
>$140
i know h&r stopped making those but thats a really shitty sale.
thats normal pricing when they were common.

I don't see why you would when even the shittiest and cheapest of actual pump guns can be found for $20-40 more especially used. That thing is also not in good condition.

buy it

Yeah OP, get it, it’s one of the most versatile and fun guns you can own, you might be better served by a cheap pump but single barrel shotguns can use sub caliber inserts so you can plink with whatever.

Get it

Attached: 20190224_184208.jpg (4032x3024, 2.92M)

It wouldn't be terrible, but if you save $100 more you could get a nice used pump from a pawnshop.

It’s not the actual gun it’s just a picture of the same kind

piss on that flag

Are you a collector? No? Do you need a proper arm for home defense or hunting? Get a used Mossberg shotgun.

At that price? Fuck no you're getting ripped, it's as says.

I had one given to me, so I cut the barrel just over 18" and took 2" off the stock and put a shell holder on it. Call it my tactical boom stick..

That's a bad price for one. For just a bit more you can get a Mossberg Maverick 88, which is actually pump-action.
Rough and rattly, but works, and actually worth more its money.

This.
HR single shot is really difficult to hit things with. All it's good for is breaking boylttles and old teevees, knocking squirrel and the feeder off the pole, or putting down a old blind dog.

Not bad. I'd put another $60 down and get an entry level pump.

That single shot sumbitch is gonna kic

“Good” is a subjective word. That’s a gun for firing a single shotgun shell at a time, but that’s it. A single shot shotgun will quickly get relegated to the back of your safe/closet/under your bed/whatever. A good pump action will serve you well for life. Save up a few more bucks and get a pump action like a maverick 88, or a used 590. Even an old police trade in 870.

Even a used 500 can go pretty far.
Hell, one thing he could do is buy a Shockwave and put a brace on it.

This. You shouldn't pay more than $100 for one of those. Dont get me wrong, they're great single shot shotguns, but they're not worth $140 new.

>That thing is also not in good condition
What did he mean by this?

Attached: MFW7.jpg (486x534, 107K)

^

Where would someone find something like this

look at that fucking receiver, mr. "what did he mean by this" and tell me its in good condition.

I think that's case hardening, my dude.

is he holding the shotgun sideways or is the flag sideways?

>he doesnt know

Attached: color-case-hardened-winchester-1876-restoration.jpg (2880x1620, 865K)

Briley or Kolar.
It would cost more than the gun.

Both

I have a 12g like this. So wouldn’t really be out.