BoltyBoi thread:

BoltyBoi thread:

Also looking to get the Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5 with 20" barrel.
Should I replace the rail with a 20 MOA rail or get 20 MOA offset rings?

Any scope/ring/mount recommendations? What other mods would you recommend?

I've also been looking at the Bergara B14 HMR, but think I've settled on the Tikka.

Attached: boltyboi.jpg (3834x2157, 651K)

>think I've settled on the Tikka
But you're the same user that shills that same model of Tikka every day.

I'm not though. The stock of the Bergara gets to me but I enjoy everything else about the Tikka more.

Budget for scope and etc?

Posting my whore again.

Attached: 4E0F5D25-04B5-4AAC-8682-BA6A6199189A.jpg (4032x3024, 3.88M)

What's a good beginner boltyboi for getting into competition. I have both F-class and PRS within a reasonable drive, and I'm not sure about each.

I'm thinking perhaps a heavy-barrel .308 with a SWFA 10x, but not sure beyond that.

What scope is on that? and how much did that fine delivery platform set you back?

Get it in .308 for barrel life

Is there really that much of a difference in life?

no, compare the chamber pressures; the higher the pressure the shorter the BL but it's still measured in the 1000s way more than you'll ever need.
The SWFA 10X is fine, not sure you'll need the 20 degree base since the scope has a 30mm ring check your ballistic dope and compare it to the clicks on the SWFA

Going to get a The Fix as my first long range gun

Attached: DA7D0943-E1C7-4DF9-AB5B-84717F1A2237.jpg (670x447, 76K)

Red pill me on 6.5

wrong. After 2000 in creedmoor you’re living on borrowed time. You can get 5-8000 out of a .308 depending on load and what you’re doing. If you’re a competition guy with money to burn then go for the optimal round but it’s a significant difference

What happens when you pass this limit? Does the barrel fail catastrophically?

No, accuracy just starts to rapidly deteriorate. Sometime over the course of a few sessions, sometimes literally in the middle of a match. Look up overbore.

Stock with adjustable lop and comb.

That's the one reason I'm for the Bergara.

Friend of mine is an FFL/SOT and has a son who was recruited from Sig by Kevin Brittingham when they started Q. I'm hoping to get my hands on some cheap goodies through him. He recently mentioned that he's getting two factory blem Thunder Chicken's soon for next to nothing.

It’s a Swarovski Z8i 2.3-18x56. It has the SR rail which is a ringless mounting system. I’m into the scope setup (base rail, Innomount, Swaro accessories for the scope, etc.) about $4.3k. All in with the gun - about $6.1k.

Looking to do a beginner build, here's what I'm considering:

Tikka T3 vs Howa 1500
Bell and Carlson vs HS Precision Stock
Atlas vs Harris bipod

SFWA 10x sounds good to me
Any input is appreciated

Wood bang

my momma black as fuck

Attached: 1507781867420.jpg (321x333, 37K)

Got a load I'm working on to .8 MOA right now, going to play with seating depth to see if I can get it closer to .5 MOA. Load development sucks when there's a long time between range trips.

Don't get an HS stock. I have one but only because it came on the rifle, they're a shit company.

Attached: 20180810_160348.jpg (2048x1152, 633K)

I'm looking to buy my 1st rifle. I want a Remington 700P, but Bud's Guns is always out of stock and I don't see them at gun shows.

anyone else use a shorter barrel? got this as an innawoods/target gun. It's chambered in 6.5 creedmoor

Attached: REM783 HBAR.jpg (3640x1820, 273K)

I’m a filthy casual, hasgunz, but still a filthy casual. I’m graduating college in May and will have a lot more time on my hands. I want to get into long distance shooting, any tips on where to start? I’ve got a savage axis 308 with default bushnell scope and can get almost to moa with good ammo at 100yds (yes I know I’m a noob)

Hunters guide to long range shooting by Wayne Van Zwoll is a good resource book. I've killed a good amount of deer at 300 ish yards using tips from that book.

Also get a steel target and a range finder. Then you can practice shooting at various distances.

Short barrels are great for that sort of thing, although I don't know that I would have gone with 6.5 over .308 if I intended on making it short. I haven't looked at the velocities for short 6.5 yet, but usually the smaller diameter the bullet is, the more sensitive to barrel length it becomes

Attached: GSRp5rd.jpg (1600x1200, 678K)