Is this the optimal self-defense weapon for SHTF?

Is this the optimal self-defense weapon for SHTF?
>Lightweight
>Abundant ammo
>7.62x39 is very effective out of short barrels
>Easily Concealable in a bag or backpack
I was considering getting a 16in AR before some BS ban goes in place but now I'm thinking draco instead (student, can really only afford one).

Attached: 64074_1.jpg (575x575, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/97035/iwi gap39sb galil ace pistol 762x39
sgammo.com/product/red-army-standard-ammo-sale/1000-round-case-762x39-fmjbt-124-grain-bi-metal-full-metal-jacke
sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger-ammo-sale/temporary-sale-1000-round-case-762x39-fmj-bt-golden-tiger-124-grain-r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

THERES NO FUCKING STOCK YOU NIGGER FAGGOT. pistol grip shotguns r cool tho.

There's a used one at my local shop for like $525, should I get it?
Braces exist

in shtf why would u want to conceal it?

No, it is not

No
Ar is superior in almost every way
>lighter
>greater effective range
>greater availability of spare parts
>loadings and configurations can be tailored to your specific environment

If YOU want a draco because you luke it or just to have one, by all means go ahead, but don't try and come up with blantly false justifications

I feel as though walking around with a gun in many situations would make you a target. Some fool who isn't prepared sees me with an AK and decides to wail me in the head with a brick when I'm not looking is my fear.

for 225$ it's a steal if it's in decent condition. make sure theres actually a place to mount a brace.

2 of the reasons are specific to the draco being short and 7.62x39 being good out of short barrels, which 5.56 is not.

YOU DUMB NIGGA

Lol no but it is fucking great fun to shoot

Attached: F3BADDC1-C9E4-4FEB-9482-B58EB7BEAAD0.jpg (2947x3926, 3.18M)

Sbr'd .300blk ar would be better
However, if youre anywhere outside the city, youre going to want range

As the great 'lil Clouty once said:
"Skinny jeans aren't me,
Mo K hidin'"

I intend on building an imbel FAL for that

Attached: 1522816168058.jpg (954x1200, 676K)

That’s why you have multiple people with guns

Thats hot, hope it turns out well

Except that they asked about SHTF scenarios, in which case good luck getting anymore .300blk besides what you had already. 5.56 and 7.62 are at least common enough to give you a shot at scrounging/bartering for.

>NIGGA
I'm gonna guess you are the nigger on this situation

oh wow YOU GOT ME bUDDY!!

Also 7.62x39 is much more attractive and cost effective from a stockpiling perspective.

What optics mount is that?

>Abundant ammo

Any caliber that has to be imported is not "abundant".

There's plenty of domestically produced 7.62

Attero arms. If you don’t have an optics mount I highly recommend it. He doesn’t have any options for things that aren’t red dots but they work well and are super sturdy.

Attached: A8358C90-9A2C-4564-80A8-4CE364D50F27.jpg (1827x2436, 1.19M)

False

Wolf/bear/Tula etc are .20 a round in either Calibre.

Use that money on a reliable handgat and CCW

In terms of supersonic performance, 300 Blackout and 7.62x39 are about the same in a 16 inch barrel or a short barrel, with x39 having the edge. 7.62x39 is much more common, cheaper, and you can buy spam cans of it for long term storage. It will suit OP's needs better than 300 Blk

Good luck scavenging or trading for 300 bulk when SHTF you fucking brainlet. Here is a list of the types of rounds you will most commonly or even having a chance of finding during SHTF
>9mm (military uses this)
>45AARP (stockpiles for days because muh 1911 fags)
>5.56x45 (military uses this)
>7.62x39 (stockpiles for days because the AK is as common as your local starbucks)
>12 gauge (farmer joe used these for his pump action)
>20 gauge (farmer joe wanted his own little boy to have his own pump action)
>7.62x51(otherwise known as REAL FUCKIN NATO, military uses this)
>.22LR (there will always be fucktons of this shit)
>30-06 (cletus and Billy Bob use this for their durr rifle)
Trying to find any other type of ammo would be a fucking nightmare

ARs are also lightweight. Especially AR pistols

5.56 is much more common than 7.62x39

More effective or not out of short barrels 5.56 has better velocity at longer distances and will still get the job done at close range.

Got me there fella

>can afford a $500 draco but not a $300 PSA AR
????????????

For the same reason why you'd want to CCW in ordinary times; open carrying a firearm alone draws unwanted attention and can make you an easy target.

Is it worth picking up one of these for $600?

>light
It weighs more than a 16" AR that actually fucking has a stock
>abundant ammo
On the internet only
>2 very rare examples only available via the internet out of literally hundreds of different rounds of 7.62x39 is very effective out of short barrels
FTFY

Also the Draco is notoriously unreliable.

An AR pistol fills the same role but is better in literally every category.

Name 2.

Hardmode: Name 2 that are under 50cpr.

>It weighs more than a 16" AR that actually fucking has a stock
To be fair, that's because it has nice wood detailing.

Even if you swap to the lightest polymer furniture on the market it will weigh more than an M4.

Add a brace to it so you can hit anything past the end of your entryway and you're into 16"AR+magnified optic+basic load tier weight.

thats a screaming deal user, snatch that puppy up

You forgot .38 special for the fuck ton of bedside revolvers grandma has been hoarding

Anyone?

Depending on the circumstances, this is ideal obviously, but not always an option.

Plus .40 S&W because of law enforcement stockpiles.

In SHTF if your plan isn't to evade you are a fucking mong who will die.

It's really only "worth" it if you want it, there are better options and the AK market is in a bit of a bubble

If you SBR it or put an "arm brace" on it, then it has some utility. Otherwise it's a noisemaker.

>youre going to want range

Lightweight bolt gun in 6.5 Grendel with a suppressor and good glass? Be sure to stockpile ammo prior to TEOTWAWKI, because it's not going to be growing on trees, not even muh 5.56 or muh tree oh ate is gonna be readily available just for the asking.

.224 Valkyrie looks like it might be an even better long range cartridge for ultralight precision rifles than 6.5 Grendel, on paper. But it's also even more of a boutique item, and I'm not even seeing much in the way of load data for non-exotic projectiles--like, really, how hard would it be to work up and find out the maximum it can push the cheap and universally available surplus M855 greentip bullets? Maybe the extra velocity (there's going to be extra velocity, right?) might even help the yaw cycle and reliable fragmentation at range.

What are the better options?

Yes it's not very practical as a bullet hose unless your goal is aimless mag dumping but a stock or brace makes it a handy little AK

Attached: CAM00622.jpg (2592x1944, 743K)

>meanwhile in yurop you can get semi and full-auto Vz./Cz.58 rifles for sub $500 from your lgs

I think a company called FoldAR might interest you. I haven't tried out one of their uppers yet - and there's barely any info on the new guns because the company is too stupid to send out review copies or something. But the older variant of this, the XAR Invicta, and there's a lot more information on it.

Attached: image-full-109799-e6e00b04f3398370aab6b97000190e4f.png (1000x400, 240K)

Just get a Tavor
>long barrel 5.56 performance
>takes AR mags
>short enough to stuff in a backpack
>uses more or less the same piston system as the AK

>Looks like shit.

>Calibre
Eurofag detected
Opinion discarded

Yes. They are unironically one if the most fun firearms you can own, even better with a pistol brace.
I would highly recommend them

Everything you've said is incorrect. I don't know how you managed to do it, but you did.

It's ok to not like them, but theres no need to blatantly lie about them.

lol just put one on retard, if shtf no one's gonna care what petty laws you break

> Also the Draco is notoriously unreliable.

Did you read that on arfcom you fucking boomer?

Good luck getting more ammo of any kind in shtf, you're just going to have to.make do with what you have. That being said, 5.56 and 7.62x39 are both much cheaper per round than .300 memeout, so you could stockpile more.

Hijacking this thread
should i buy pic related?
budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/97035/iwi gap39sb galil ace pistol 762x39
I have the cash im not a poorfag

Attached: 1520417265803.png (500x326, 79K)

How are those crutch stocks for 7.62? Seems like itd be uncomfortable after a few mags.

Dude, no. Just fucking no.

Attached: 1550371166101.jpg (512x512, 39K)

Not at comfy as a full wood stock but they really aren’t that bad. They do get ice cold in the winter though. I like it for the looks more then anything.

Attached: 09FBEEEF-A09A-49D9-BDCB-6830D0C61294.jpg (2980x4026, 3.07M)

Maybe do a paracord wrap, so the cold metal doesn't freeze to your face? Maybe? It's just an idea.

Can’t bring myself to do that. Hate the look of the paracord.... as autistic as that is.

I have one, it stovepipes constantly regardless which mag I use.

>weight
Draco: 6.3lbs unloaded/no mag
DDM4V7: 6.2lbs unloaded with 30rd pmag
>ammo availability
5.56: Literally every sporting goods store on the continent from Dicks to walmart to Bass Pro in everything from m193 to varmint rounds to match ammo
7.62x39: Academy has a couple boxes of tula, Walmart doesn't carry it, Scheels has a few hundred rounds of RAS, Cabelas is the only place that carries anything but FMJ but have fun with $1/rd brass cased Winchester softpoints, nobody has Golden Tiger or 8m3
>lethality of ammo
5.56: bonded softpoints and OTM ammo everywhere
7.62x39: hahaha you get clones of a 60 year old FMJ with a 9" yaw neck or spend months scouring the internet for someone who has Golden Tiger in stock (which, at best, ties m193 in wound channel and gets shit on by anything better)

Let me guess.... it’s a century made “draco”

Attached: DECA3316-5D46-4FCC-A79B-0BAE7E11B92E.jpg (1125x1473, 2M)

No, but a suppressed select-fire Krink might be.

Attached: 33A5A8DC-77AB-4EB7-8C94-BFB5146DD051.jpg (4032x3024, 2.67M)

>Meanwhile the Vz.58 is ass to shoot on full auto, comparable to a G3
t.-actually owns a full auto Vz

Short-barreled 7.62x39 AK > Short-barreled 5.56x45 AR

lol In 2014 maybe
GT and RAS (the same lacquered Vympel boat-tail) can be easily sourced pretty much everywhere for roughly 21cpr. It's not hard to find in the slightest and it's cheaper than any decent commonly-available 5.56 out there. Also shits all over it if you happen to need to shoot through anything between you and your target.

As someone that owns multiple AKs and ARs, yeah my braced Draco is close to the top of the list of viable SHTF guns.

Attached: 20190221_151856.jpg (4032x1960, 2.94M)

$600 is under the usual street price right now so if you want one then yes, just make sure it's an ACTUAL Cugir Draco rather than a RAS47 or C39 pistol, as those are shit.

Also be aware that it's gonna need at minimum a brace to make it a practical gun, so add at least $100 to the sticker price.

can anyone with an ak pistol show me what the rear reciever looks like, how is it different from a traditional ak stock hole? whats the difference between adding a brace vs adding a traditional stock with the two screws?

AK pistols literally just have an underfolder trunnion installed. It's a square, flat piece of steel on the back.

Most braces mount by the rear of the receiver, using the pistol-grip screw and friction.
Pic related is mounted by drilling two holes in the rear trunnion.

Attached: 20190204_154344.jpg (4032x1960, 3.61M)

There's not a buffer tube or anything to attach a brace to on an AK. The ones I'm aware of are attached between the pistol grip and receiver.

This. M92 is Slav Gods gift to mortals.

>traditional stock with the two screws?
Those aren't a traditional thing, those are an American aftermarket thing soecifically designed as an easy way to put a stock on an AK pistol with a flat underfolder trunnion.

Real AK stocks mount either via a trunnion with a tang (pic related), via a hinged trunnion with an integrated push-button release (most triangle and side-folders), or through the sides of the receiver in the case of an underfolder.

AK pistols are manufactured with unfinished underfolder trunnions because those are flat on the rear of the receiver.

Attached: AKR&RFig1.jpg (300x200, 8K)

I wanted a 7.62x39 Kalashnikov pistol as a hunting side arm.
It's getting associated with crime and stuff a little too much though. Mostly from the gun community itself. It'd be kind of nice to have a pistol version if you intend to get an actual rifle since it has some compatibility. I heard something a while ago some government funding might go to producing some AK variants, so it might be an alright buy despite it having a sorta shitty reputation if less democrats start getting elected, or if some decent ones can replace incumbents but with the entire Trump issue those political types are more interested in replacing opposition rather than their own quality.

>M92
No, the real deal.

Attached: 757131FE-7863-4038-B104-B0A8BEBB875C.jpg (4032x3024, 3M)

that looks way better than the ones that look like they are attached to the grip.
yeah the tang is what I meant, ive had my ak less than a month so I dont really know the terms. Neat never knew ak pistols had underfold rear trunnions. I was wondering what was stopping someone from throwing a normal stock on there.

>easily sourced pretty much everywhere
I have literally never seen GT for sale in a brick and mortar store anywhere.

And RAS is a literal m68 clone complete with 8" yaw neck. It's slightly better than Tula but not by enough to really matter.

Bitch RAS is literally the EXACT same bullet as Golden Tiger. They changed sources and buy from Vympel now.

sgammo.com/product/red-army-standard-ammo-sale/1000-round-case-762x39-fmjbt-124-grain-bi-metal-full-metal-jacke
sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger-ammo-sale/temporary-sale-1000-round-case-762x39-fmj-bt-golden-tiger-124-grain-r

It's the same round, and they sell it in literally every LGS in my town.

We were talking about the Tavor, not the Draco

What is the neck on GT?

>7.62x39 BTFOs intermediate barriers
>enough penetration for hunting or defense against animals
>would of the most plentiful rifle ammo types in the country
>small enough to be readily hidden from sight in a vehicle or even bag. Easily brought to bear and employed within the confines of a vehicle
Yea, a shorty AK pattern rifle with a brace or stock is the ideal SHTF defensive firearm or get home gun for urban or suburban areas. You aren't going to be defending yourself against snipers so lowered range and sub optimal accuracy aren't real concerns. The major downside is going to be the infamously bad muzzle blast, but that's a pretty small price to pay. Also in the current market your best choice is going to be the polish Lynx "pistol" instead of a draco or PAP, its better quality for about the same price.
>7.62x39 is bad because its useless for defending yourself against sniper attacks from 500yrds + away
are people really this dumb?
Lynx is better, they're almost worth their current market price, unlike the draco.
>7.62x39: Academy has a couple boxes of tula, Walmart doesn't carry it, Scheels has a few hundred rounds of RAS, Cabelas is the only place that carries anything but FMJ but have fun with $1/rd brass cased Winchester softpoints, nobody has Golden Tiger or 8m3
How are you managing to post this from the year 1989?

4-6". Still not super great but a fuckload better than M68.

is the flash hider pushing up against your cars LCD. I'm getting trigged here.

those things are retarded

Attached: top20calibers.jpg (295x421, 99K)

That is pretty sexy.

>Lynx is better, they're almost worth their current market price, unlike the draco.
What about the m92 compared to the draco. I saw one brand new for $589

>he doesnt know 300blk is made from 30cal projectiles and 556 brass
no guns

pretty much comparable these days, both companies have put out lemons in the past but zastava was worse with the time they put out improperly heat treated firearms, but both are in a pretty good place right now. My old Opap had the most delicate wood furniture ever, stuff would gouge if you looked at it wrong. FWIW i really can't understand buying an M92, ostensibly a 400-450$ gun that's selling for nearly 600 due to a current market bubble, when you could drop another 50 bucks and get a gun thats much closer to its current asking price in terms of quality.

You'll go deaf

I couldn't manage to shoot it without going high left every time. A collapsing stock AK would be better. Same size with the option to use a stock. 4" of barrel doesn't make much a difference imo, but if you want to SBR it or arm brace it to get a shorter barrel that could work for you too. 7.62x39 does very well out of short barrels, but trust me you're going to want something you can shoulder it with otherwise that bitch shoots fireballs out in all directions.

I am a fan. Sling mount opinions?

Attached: printscreen fgt.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

>Lynx is better than Draco
[citation fucking needed] m8
By all accounts WBP makes decent AKs but the Lynx is literally a Polish commercial repro of a Draco.
otoh the Romanians literally issue a select-fire version of the Draco. It's made in a military arsenal on ComBloc tooling.
The Serbs issue a select-fire version of the M92. It's made in a military arsenal on ComBloc tooling.
That's -not- the case with the Lynx
Now, by all accounts they might be good guns, but as of right now they're completely new on the market and completely unproven. It's still in the guinea pig stage. Don't be fucking recommending them to greenhorns over guns with decades-long military track records like the Draco and M92.

>Zastava put out guns with bad heat treat
lol I love how this thread somehow traveled here from 2014. There are literally zero Rockwell tests out there that proved the "bad heat treat" meme right. The rifles were overgassed as fuck and came with out-of-spec recoil springs which made them beat the receiver to death prematurely.

Find me literally 1(one) report of an M92 with those issues.

>no gunz thinks this is how you reload

Attached: rickjames.gif (400x221, 1.84M)

>Is something touching your cars touch screen

Yes, but it wasn’t leaning on it, just barely touching

Attached: FF8306E6-0C1E-4D81-8FB1-3DA03259C89A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.86M)

>Abundant ammo
Ehh, 5.56 is more common and the cheap shit is produced domestically
If you're concerned about concealability, I would just get a regular underfolder because more barrel=better ballistics.

>paste picture in MS Paint
>take a screenshot
>upload screenshot
So you're fat AND retarded? You'd fit right in over at the AR general thread.

he did it for attention

no

I meant one or the other rn