Squib

So can I just handload a 9mm blank and blow this sumbitch out or what

Attached: 2019-02-24 16.31.27.jpg (857x732, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments/bulge/bulge.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can’t name a single reason why you shouldn’t, user, go for it

Can't you just chuck a brass or aluminum rod in a drill press and push the bullet out?

Pound it out with a brass rod or a steel rod rapped in duct tape.

Or just hammer a wooden dowel in there to push it out

wood dowel from the muzzle end you big ol' dummy.

Attached: afford.jpg (736x741, 106K)

doing that could bulge the barrel. shooting a squib out with a blank should be a last resort. pounding it out with a dowel would be better.

If a live load didn’t have enough strength to push it out then a black definitely won’t. A +P round should do the trick just remember to have it pointed in a safe direction.

>So can I just handload a 9mm blank and blow this sumbitch out or what

Don't be a chickenshit fag; just load another round and pop that badboy out.

>If a live load didn’t have enough strength to push it out then a black definitely won’t
Of course a black won't push it out, they never work.

Attached: 1550596574693.jpg (329x306, 56K)

Tie a string around the bullet then tie the other end on a door knob. Then close the door quickly and it should pop out.

Don't do it OP. It will ruin your barrel at the very least. You could lose some fingers.

I did this accidentally with my cz p07. Ruined the barrel.

That's a good way to blow your barrel up, or hand user
Put it in a vice and take a wooden dowel and bang it out with a hammer

My grandfather left me his nightstand gun when he died, but his nightstand was moldy as shit and he was too senile to notice. That dampness rusted out the barrel of his 1911 pretty good, and it was literally flaking when I got it. I figured the best way to clean it out would be some good old fashioned high pressure lead, and expecting some squibs I brought along a bunch of blanks. Probably got 3 squibs in the first magazine, but I was careful and always checked the barrel after firing. I was able to push all of them out by loading blanks behind them. The barrel is pretty chewed up and I still get the occasional squib when I use his ammo from the 60s but the blank technique works wonders without any special tools.

This

This guys is fucking stupid.

Get a wooden dowel and put it down the barrel, and slam the dowel on the ground, barrel in hand.

OP, these. In a video hickock made about squibs, he does this shit.

>mfw this whole post.

Attached: 1543462465369.jpg (718x702, 144K)

Get a wooden dowel and hammer it out. Whatever you do, absolutely do not fire another round or blank. It could work and push it out or it could quite literally explode the gun.

You're lucky you still have a hand

Is this bait? It's stupid at least.

>can I just handload a 9mm blank and blow this sumbitch out or what
yes but you need twice the charge. Remember, you're shooting two bullets at nonce

Attached: boomer.jpg (380x349, 26K)

A friend of mine has a barrett 50 cal. I think I could shoot it out.

Attached: DSCF0584.jpg (1280x960, 438K)

Boy now you know this wouldn’t have happened if ya’ll just got a .45.

Attached: 739EA2DA-6DE0-4F18-AA24-381F8698BC42.jpg (563x563, 26K)

Squibs happen far more often than you might think. Say you're doing a mag dump, and working the trigger as fast as the reset lets you; does anyone really stop and think "hey, that last round went 'pop' instead of 'BANG'. Nope, they're still working the trigger. Countless squibs have been cleared by the next round behind them. The really dangerous squib is the one that is lodged close enough to the chamber to block the next round from being fully chambered, but in far enough to allow a firing pin strike; that's when the shell ruptures and sends chunks of slide and frame flying. The lesson here: Use new ammo in modern firearms. Sure Surp shit is fun, but be aware that there is a real risk when firing 70+ year old guns loaded with 50 year old foreign ammo that might not have been stored in the best of conditions.

I figure I'll take a 9mm, pull the bullet, dump half the powder out, stuff a cotton wad on top to hold the power in, and chamber it

wtf dude? are you trying to make him hurt himself? just load another round behind it and shoot it out

>stuff a cotton wad on top to hold the power in

lmfao, there's a tiny BRAP, the propellant will burn, but no pressure to push the squib. Apparently, as a kid, you never tried to make a firecracker out of smokeless powder.

Unnaturally forcing the bullet out of the barrel with an impact could damage it. A powder charge plus a bullet is literally how the gun was meant to work, the only problem is when you double the froction with 2 bullets.
Theres about as much risk here as you take when shooting a glock.
This is my experience with old shit too. Ive never seen anyone check the barrel after firing like I do.

>A powder charge plus a bullet is literally how the gun was meant to work,
uh no
the pressure curve is not the same because the amount of air between the bullet and powder is different.
barrel thickness varies its not going to be as strong halfway down a barrel as it is at the chamber.

Knock it out with a cleaning rod. Happened to me once with my shitty reloads. Used the cleaning rod off my npap.

Tanks have barrels with bulges, it makes them shoot harder. I say op goes for it

Attached: Abrams-transparent.png (1542x691, 771K)

>uh no
>the pressure curve is not the same because the amount of air between the bullet and powder is different.
>barrel thickness varies its not going to be as strong halfway down a barrel as it is at the chamber.

You're about half bright, nimrod. The air between the charge and projectile is as about as significant as air pressure generated by an air rifle or a CO2 cartridge. Yes, the air will compress, but the pressure will be insignificant. Here's how a cartridge works: a bullet is seated in a shell filled with a solid propellant. A pin strikes a primer in the end of the shell which ignites the solid material propellant which violently turns into a cloud of gas that occupies thousands of times the space as it did as a solid material. The resulting pressure pushes the bullet down the barrel and off to its target.

The air means nothing, dipshit. Get it yet?

Guy with the clapped out 1911 here, and you're wrong. It doesnt matter how high the standard pressure is, when you double the volume (by increasing empty space in the cartridge, or with the bullet stuck an inch down the barrel) you're dividing the pressure by a constant number. Say you double the dead volume by having a squib 3/8" down the barrel, you just cut the peak pressure in half. Thats why blank firing a squib is so safe, youll never get a pressure as high as the rated one. Trust me, I'm a mechanic.

Kek. That's the spirit user

>Unnaturally forcing the bullet out of the barrel with an impact could damage it
Granted, I've only seen 3 squibs cleared in my life, but not once has there been any damage to a steel pistol barrel from a wooden dowel pushing a copper/lead slug out the barrel.

Maybe you'll change the world though and everyone will just keep a blank in the toolbox from now on.

> The blank technique works wonders without any special tools.
Damn right it does. Did I ever tell you how I paid the guy back that beat me out for a leading role once?

Attached: michael-masse.jpg (1050x1050, 139K)

>squib
I also reload and what I do is I take a cleaning rod and give that baby a few good smacks.

just cause the chamber is rated for x psi doesnt mean the whole barrel is.

eh fuck it your gun your hand do what you want.

>youll never get a pressure as high as the rated on

I never stated that you fucking mong. If you put a longer cartridge in a chamber with the same charge and bullet, the air gap difference will be insignificant. The air gap between a charge and a squib WILL be significant only due to pressure bleed back towards the chamber, around the shell and will push hard on the bolt assembly.

I DGAF if you're a mechanic, air pressure means shit when you have a newly formed gas cloud that just exploded.

Put a steel rod in the barrel and use a bench vice to force it out. Don't be a fucking retard.

I mean, really?

It seemed funnier when I was typing it all up. I apologize.

negative. It's going to take more than one round to get that out.

I laughed but then I felt sad because I remembered how much better of an actor he was than his dad

>just cause the chamber is rated for x psi doesnt mean the whole barrel is.

The gas pressure that pushes the bullet down the barrel just doesn't go away, nigger. Yes, it does dissipate as the round travels down the barrel, but not by much. Put your ear next to the muzzle next time you go shooting and tell me if you can sense a bit of pressure.

underrated

enjoy that bulge

ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments/bulge/bulge.html

Attached: obstructed.gif (392x229, 3K)

>enjoy that bulge
Your mother enjoys my bulge, you dumb cunt. Part of your ignorance comes from thinking that the whole ignition process takes place in the cartridge-- have you ever asked yourself why flames-- burning propellant-- are noticeable at the muzzle?

Fucking noguns dumbcunt.

Neat. I read this entire page in a Hungarian accent for extra comfiness.

Awesome to think that the friction between the "obstruction" and the ID of the barrel is much stronger that the barrel material. Is the "obstruction" a piece of wadding, or a weld inside the barrel? LMFAO!

No seriously dude, do it, it won't have any problems or complications what so ever

We all believe you and support your efforts to cleanse yourself from the gene pool

> ID of the barrel

Attached: but-anon-the-barrel-is-your-fathers-penis.jpg (766x531, 21K)

Just stop giving him (you)'s. He can't even hurt other people with bad advice. When's the last time you saw a blank in the wild, even a hand made one?

>No seriously dude, do it, it won't have any problems or complications what so ever
>We all believe you and support your efforts to cleanse yourself from the gene pool
kek, I have no clue as to what you're talking about, but do stay ignorant and stupid as fuck, noguns.

>squib
Nah, you'll need at least a live ++++P++++ round to dislodge it.

Live round won't chamber :(

Attached: 2019-02-24 21.02.21.jpg (1885x1060, 1.15M)

just pound it out with a dowel

>just pound it out
I usually pound a couple out every night.

Put a wooden dowel down the barrel on one end and shoot both out with a 10mm

>9mm is so weak that it can't even leave the barrel
Kek, 9mm eternally BTFO.

static friction is higher than if the bullet is moving, I wouldn't

>ctMUZZLELOADERS.com
hmmm.......

fuck this made me laugh too hard

was posted because it has decent pictures and explanation.it still applies to smokeless. yeah smokeless powder can have air gaps but that gaps in the cartridge not the barrel.

I watched a dude get a squib at my mom's shooting club once. Luckily he noticed the lack of muzzle blast and didn't file another shot. Just took a cleaning rod and pushed it out. Everyone was hating on him for risking his life to save money buying reloads from a gun show.

I watched a kid have a squib load once, luckily everything was fine. I told the dad he should stop using that ammo, and he said it's happened a few times over the years. Said he gets his ammo from a guy named Fuzz at the gun show, they used to be drinking buddies. I told him he shouldn't give that ammo to his son and he laughed and called me a rich boy - you see, he only bought reloads from Fuzz, a lot cheaper that way. I wonder if that kid still has all his fingers?

Don't listen to the negative replies on this post. You absolutely can (and should) blow out that squib with a blank. Please film the results.

yes. you can easily dislodge it that way.

Attached: 1551109372545.jpg (640x643, 103K)