I have a 590a1 for home defense, 7+1 (2 3/4") and a 6 shell saddle. Should I be using all one type of shell...

I have a 590a1 for home defense, 7+1 (2 3/4") and a 6 shell saddle. Should I be using all one type of shell? I was thinking some 00 buck and some slugs but I'm not sure what to put in first. I figure I'll fill the tube with 2 3/4 inch shells but the chamber and saddle could be 3" since it won't affect capacity

Attached: Screenshot_20190224-202859_Google.jpg (1080x770, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-56-federal-flight-control-1-buckshot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

#4 buck.

Paul Harrell?

are you going to practice with 3 inch shells?
if it comes down to it you want all the shells to be something predictable. are you going to remember 2 different holds?

Oh don’t worry about anything after the first round, one shot will have you on the floor with ruptured eardrums anyways

There's no point in buying 3" shells for defense unless you're going to be attacked by large bears.

Buy a shitton of buck and slugs, pattern a lot of shells, not just a couple. You want to know your average pattern, not just one or two shells, it can vary a lot.

Having shot a lot of all types they print pretty similarly. The recoil isn't much of an issue, but maybe for the sake of predictability all 2 3/4 loaded so that when I load 3 inch I know what I'm shooting

My tube is filled with #4 buck, and my six-shot sidesaddle has four rounds of #4 and two Brenneke low-recoil slugs, with the #4 brass-down and the slugs brass-up.

My worst fear is that i have to kill someone in my apartment and I end up destroying my tv or something. fucking annoying

Is this #4 buck thing just about over penetration?

>apartment
>with a shotgun
>only fear is TV
Lad, it'll be carpet, walls, floor, the cleanup might cost more than a TV.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what happens with 00buck against lathe and plaster? My building is really fucking old

Nope. For me it's about having more projectiles. A 3 inch 00 Buck shell contains 15 pellets. A 3 inch #4 Buck shell contains 41 pellets.

Federal makes a 2 3/4" load with 34 pellets of #4, it's fucking nuts.

Attached: akldsj.jpg (1250x465, 146K)

I have 3 low recoil buck in the tube, to go easy on the mag spring in my cruiser ready 500. 2 more low recoil and 3 magnum 00 buck in the side saddle. I know springs fatigue from compression cycles but mag springs are a failure point on pump guns and I'm ok pumping and loading two rather than one. A pair of earplugs are also attached to the sling in case I have the time to put them in if someone breaks in.

I keep 5 #4 buck in the magazine and 2 slugs and 3 00 in the saddle

00 is more for ranged use. #4 is plenty in CQB plus more shot

It goes through and makes big holes in things. If you have neighbors you care about, there's nothing wrong with birdshot at indoor ranges. Pic related.

looks pretty damn good too.

Attached: 12 gauge birdshot 10 feet.jpg (358x2715, 395K)

Maverick 88 full length tube, first 3 shells are #7 birdshot and the other three are 9 pellet 00.

load up anything. Just don't be fucking retard and put bird shot in your 590, HD weapon.

Unless he wants to get up close and personal.

Attached: Shattered corpus humeri.jpg (340x442, 15K)

So... straight from too weak for home defense to too powerful for home defense.

Nice.

It doesn't really matter in most HD ranges birdshot is fine

>birdshot
This is awesome, when retards use birdshot and get stabbed to death after being attacked by things that aren't birds, it's really just darwin in action.

OP here. From what I'm reading I may go with some 2 3/4 #4 buck in the tube and chamber, and some 3" slugs on the saddle. I know some shotguns have a button for it, but is there a tequnique to stop the tube from feeding the next shell so you can load something else into the chamber?

Yeah, and I bet you rock salt too. Numb nuts.

Attached: carver.gif (200x200, 289K)

not on a 590

>and some 3" slugs on the saddle
You're shooting teenage dindus at 10 feet, not bears at 50 yards. Skip the 3" slugs.

All #4 buck is perfectly fine. Put at light on it if you havn't already; every home defense weapon needs a light.

I just use 00 buck.
The longest shot I'll ever have to take is like 15 feet. Extra pellets isn't going to help me at all

Watch out Phil faggot jannies like to ban fore goreposting

Fuck 'em. Jow Forums related gore is Jow Forums related and always has been.

Attached: moar gore splits.jpg (3072x2304, 1.33M)

Think of the advertisers!

Fuck them too.

Attached: redskull bomber foot.jpg (1280x960, 564K)

I use Federal's Flitecontrol wads. Here's why: theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-56-federal-flight-control-1-buckshot/
Patterns real nice. There's an equivalent brand out there who has a similar shotcup, but I forgot their name. "Flitecontrol" is a lot easier to remember.

I have a 590a1 as well, do you have the 18.5" barrel? My 20" battel has a 8+1 capacity
Do not load different types in the tube except maybe the last round different if you need. If you feel its necessary, having different types available on the side saddle isnt awful, but i dont see a scenario for home defense that buckshot isnt fine, if you want slugs available, get the kind meant to defeat material, only time theyd be needed is to defend against someone in armor which i dont see happening unless its defense against tyrannical police

I have my shotgun loaded with 3" #4 BK, reloads include slugs and 00 buckshot.

If 41 pellets of buckshot x6 doesn't turn it into fucking hamburger, I'm fucked because apparently I showed up to the body armor fight with a shotgun.

Naw bra. The eeeeeeee is real but hardly hospital inducing. After two weeks it's gone.

That's not as humerus as you might have imagined.

I've recently moved on from shot and now I just use Hornady SST sabots from my rifled barrel. Nobody is surviving one of these from close range

Attached: 234367m2_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 109K)

Those, and Winchester dual bonds. Nothing like putting critical mass on a target from 10ft.

Attached: WNSSDB12.jpg (720x255, 42K)

Don’t forget these bad boys, they’re great

Attached: F901F7C4-9796-4986-9CE0-45AF39366F6B.jpg (720x540, 59K)

If ur gonna mix, first she'll should be buck cause that will be the one u fire in panic.
Next 2 should be slug so ur follow up at a more relaxed feel will be deadlier.

based pig

One will probably do it. Three is the typical max for an HD encounter. 6 is good, 12 is good. 6+1 is less good. Remember that your shotgun isn't drop safe and it's a good idea to store it hammer down on an empty chamber (cruiser condition). My advice is to hit the target. I use 00 because fuck it, if it's still moving after catching 00 at 20 feet at least it will be a stationary target.

The 500 series is "mil spec" which doesn't mean much other than being one of the few that passed the 4 foot drop test throughout the temperature range. They don't go out of their way to advertise as drop safe probably for liability reasons but I don't see the need to worry about keeping a round in the chamber with the safety on

500 isnt milspec, 590a1 is. Due to the design, they arent drop safe, definitely not with safety off.

Wait, can you load 3" in a 2 3/4"? I thought you couldn't and could only do it the other way around. Can you do that without fucking up the gun?

590a1 can take 3"