FAL noob

What’s my best option when it comes to FAL’s and how much should I spend on said FAL? Who’s build’s are GTG? Thanks

Attached: 906321D8-484E-46FE-8597-EA256E4AC75C.jpg (1280x960, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

homedepot.com/b/Paint-Ideas/Green/00
arizonaresponsesystems.com/tutorial-rsa-rhodesian-fal-camouflage-distressing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump, also curious, I want a non isreali FAL with wood furniture

Attached: 1508132615456.jpg (359x305, 51K)

I just bought my first fal after doing a bunch of research. The only company producing non parts kit guns is DSA. I can’t speak for other companies or makes but from what I’ve seen, all dsa are now cast receivers. Imo there is nothing wrong with cast receivers. I decided against buying the $2k models dsa offers and opted for the voyager line (they are built from surplus parts kits with new barrels and receivers). From what I could tell there was mostly only cosmetic differences between the voyager and sa58 lines

And of course sa58 are built using all new production parts

Thanks. I’ll look into them. I’ve seen so many different variations of the FAL for sale I just don’t even know what to look for lol

There are plenty of builds by competent builders but there is little consistency in quality. I prefer DSA , they don’t have a perfect track record but most acknowledge that they are good to go and have consistent quality (for the most part). If you arnt a stickler about having a perfect finish or a historically correct replica of a specific fal model, the. The voyager line is an excellent bargain

What if I’m a sperg who wants a Rhodesian era Fal

DSA makes a true to spec sa58 (probably the closest you are going to get without spending a lot ). I know there are builders like Coonan and some original FN on gunbroker but imo they arnt worth the price unless you are a serious collector

Yeah if you aren't a stickler about having your magazines fit in your gun, DSA are gtg.

Fuck DSA. Buying from them is like rolling the dice on your hard earned money. Check falfiles dot com and you will find many DSA horror stories. There is a vid on YouTube something like new vs old fal. You will see a brand new DSA Fal not working straight out of the box. I recall an InRange where DSA had sent Ian a FAL for a match that had a shit tier trigger. If they send Ian a shit tier trigger what are they going to send you?! I didn't know this shit 3 months ago when I ordered one. Multiple times I asked and they said build time was 6-8 weeks. That was 3 months ago. Their customer service has no idea where my rifle is and they will not return my calls. Fuck DSA. In the mean time I have just finished an Imbel parts kit on an Imbel reliever. I don't suggest building one yourself. They are not hard, but not easy. The tools are very expensive. If you are serious about buying one I'd suggest checking Arizona response systems. Mark is s master gunsmith/ Fal builder. And fuck FSA.

Also: FUCK DSA!

IMBEL fals made their way to africa
>I know there are builders like Coonan
Coonan cut and run

Find the shade that most resembles baby shit and slather it on:
homedepot.com/b/Paint-Ideas/Green/00

That was brought up on FAL files and from the post I’ve read people seem to say that issue was resolved. But idk personally

every fal thread theres a massive boomer like this suckling gunplumbers dick. fact of the matter is most dsa's run fine and mine is no exception. I got it for 1370 shipped and am happy as fuck with it

All the DSA rifles I’ve handled have worked perfectly fine. Plus I don’t trust anything MAC says. I’m sure his “defective” fal had nothing to do with his shilling activities/

Attached: 3570B99B-729B-4461-8A14-7F2F5F09DC78.jpg (667x608, 50K)

arizonaresponsesystems.com/tutorial-rsa-rhodesian-fal-camouflage-distressing/

thready reminder gunplumber would actively benefit from DSA producing something with actual quality control because as is literally no one is actively producing any FAL receivers with any semblance of quality
Yes, garand thumb must have also sabotaged the $2000 gun he got handpicked from DSA that broke an extractor with in 200 rounds.
Not to mention going on a decade of people reporting problems with DSA guns. Including many people in just the past few years even having problems with the top of the line $1800 models and posting about it on fal files and arf. And DSA's gunsmith literally admiting to having a gun sit on his bench for months that was sent in with problems, then proceed to send it back out without doing anything.

The company is the textbook definition of poor quality control

Mark is currently re-building a 90's era thumbhole l1a1 for me with a "Made in Canada" unmarked imbel receiver. Should be getting it back any day now. I've been literally counting the days. 7 weeks tomorrow! It's my first FAL and I can not freakin wait!

The dude knows his shit and is a perfectionist. I don't think there's many better FAL-smiths out there...even if he bad mouthed your investment.

What it comes down to is to what degree of perfection are you willing to pay for. Yes there are premium fal builders out there and yeah DSA has a less than stellar reputation; but is your rifle going to be drug around the Congo for 50 years shooting upwards of 50k rounds all while being passed around illiterate African conscripts and receiving bare minimum maintainance? Or is it going to be well maintained trotted out on a few hikes and trips to the range? Hell even a SHTF rifle will likely never see the same level of abuse as a standard service rifle.

Don’t let me discourage you from buying a premium grade FAL built by a craftsman. If you have the money and the desire go for it. But for my purposes and my own experience, I’m comfortable with DSA. I’ve seen far more screwed up rifles from manufacturers like bushmaster and colt than I have DSA, so in my own anecdotal experience I’m comfortable buying from them.

I just want to get my BSA L1A1 timed properly, but that faggot won't touch it because it's a century build. Fuck that guy.