Hey Jow Forums

hey Jow Forums

i was wondering what would thefuture of headgear be,
as in what would a helmet in the future be able to do
like mabye survive a 50bmg to the head have termal and NV
but why dont we have things like this being developed
currently only thing ive seen in the news regarding head gear is the military commission for hololens

post pics of what you would like to see as future headgear

Attached: 5343912166acc5a446eadac2cf8ac0340a458991_00.jpg (512x512, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zPW6kUrvh_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>survive a 50BMG to the head
No need for physics, my helmet blocked the metals!

This
Your neck will simply snap from that amount of force

yeah but what would happen if the helmet had suspension and the round get deflected

like biker neck brase

Attached: neckbrace-630-80.jpg (522x392, 43K)

Why do I feel that an underage b& wrote this?

>50 BMG to the head
Eh, I think they'll base it off of an intermediate caliber standard. However likely HUD, comms, dust/smoke filters (maybe even options for gas), video recording, and maybe Thermal/NVG for some units might be a thing.

A big factor of why modern all in one units for helmets aren't being developed is cost and infancy of these new technologies. We are seeing them being tried on the civilian market with bike helmets, but its just a matter of making them have all the features, be rugged and durable enough, and be cost effective.

Well, if by some miracle your neck doesn’t snap into a slim Jim then the brain damage would be the next risk to worry about

Keep in mind
1) shit's expensive
2) fov loss, heatvand sweat problems will become an issue after 3 days patrolling under 1 billion degrees
3) grunts lose everything, even moreso when it's someth8ng inconvenient
4) warehouse fruits and their daisy dukes will lose them anyway

you're a dumbass

yeah well fuck you
will see whos laughing when you take a 50bmg to the head

Because they didn't think out their post and didn't do any research into what they wanted to discuss beyond an image they thought looked cool. That and they have no punctuation.

Why would anyone here be taking a 50BMG to the head? Even then I would rather have my head blown off then become a human vegetable.

if you carnt survive a 50BMG and live to tell the tail, then whats the point of having 50BMG

Attached: 634070-hololens-2.jpg (810x456, 67K)

So that the guy you shoot with it is dead shit for brains

>dem quints

But yeah this guy brings up solid points. You have to assume the hardware you will be deploying will be handled by the boggiest of newly enlisted boot and it has to then work under extremely hostile environments and logistical chains that may or may not have two functional brain cells to rub together.

At best these tacticool helmets may see limited deployment T&E with some rear line unit or some SF unit doing some light work would be willing to try something out and put it through its paces, but our tech is going to have to advance much further and the electronics be more hardened and simplified before we see any fancy bits on helmets in standard issue kit any time soon.

Attached: Trial by Derp.jpg (599x960, 88K)

>like mabye survive a 50bmg to the head
Great, your bullet didnt penetrate the helmet so all it's energy broke the next weak link, your neck.

>50cal will snap your neck
Show your work.

Dude, .50BMG has an E0 between 15 and 20k Joule. Even at 1 mile thats still more than enough to break a human neck. Are you dumb or something? Did you ever shoot a 50? Do you even lift?

if you have no neck you would survive then

Attached: CATsbRqU0AEeyMD.jpg (575x1024, 50K)

>699699
>quints
What a thread

Attached: 1550823415852m.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

Can't argue with those digits.

Imagine an helmet so durable it survive a tank shell hitting it

>Imagine an helmet so durable it survive a tank shell hitting it

and so hidden, it was like the footsteps of a navy seal

>I dont know nothing about force effects

>I dont know nothing about force effects
you do know body amour absorbs most if not all force right

If I put a .50 butt up to my head and pulled the trigger, I'm confident the recoil wouldn't break my neck. It would hurt like a bitch, yes, but it would not break bone.

Body distributes the energy of an impact over a wider area. The energy 'absorbed' by he armor is still being applied to your body, but over a greater surface area.

> Even at 1 mile thats still more than enough to break a human neck
Show your work. Every time this thread comes up, people say the same thing but never provide any actual evidence for it.
>40708641 is the same thing on the opposite side and it doesn't prove his point either - that bullet is being accelerated over a significantly longer time than it takes to be decelerated by your helmeted head.

Yes, because a gun's recoil has the same energy as a mass of lead moving at 2750 feet per second.
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point, is it?

Attached: f50.png (680x510, 42K)

>Survive a 50BMG

Fudd spotted

Yes. That's exactly what it does.
youtu.be/zPW6kUrvh_w

3 Ceases to be a factor the first time Grunt #2 sees grunt #1 take one to the dome and live, followed by #2 telling grunts #3-#240284023742397429346+ about it.

Basically as headgear advances technologically, it makes troops look more evil, less human, depersonalising them and making them easier to kill. Ideally, the perfect soldier's helmet would be shaped like a grinning, but eyeless, skull covered in either spikes or smaller skulls.

Attached: 1368672248564.jpg (1672x1925, 901K)

How fucking incapable are tou or doing simple math and googling? 1250 ft*lbs = ~1700 Joules. .50 BMG has roughly 18000 joules at the muzzle. No need to show work if you're not a fucking brainlet

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-26-15-00-42-1.png (1346x1161, 186K)

equal and opposite reaction how does it work ?

you fucking retarded mother fucker

too ass devastated at his levels of retardation that he probably closed the thread and will try and forget he say this today

don't have to break the neck just collapse the wind pipe. Watch them choke to death.

Christ you faggots can't even listen right.