Imagine being the poor fucker sent out to war in the 40s with a bolt action rifle

Imagine being the poor fucker sent out to war in the 40s with a bolt action rifle
Honestly if I was a nazi soldier I’d stick with my Luger sidearm

Attached: 31BE955D-A249-48AE-81C0-3EFA90A3BA04.jpg (750x723, 106K)

>thinking you get to choose

You sound like that fudd Major on We Were Soldiers who refused an m16 and shot gooks with his 1911

>regular infantry being issued a Luger and rifle

Unless you're clearing rooms, the Mauser is going to be much more useful than a handgun.

Yeah
How effective is your 9mm pistol engaging enemy troops at 200 + yards.

Are you telling me you wouldn't use 7.92×57mm?

>Shoot a guy with your Luger
>He just blasts you with his Garand
9mm, not even once

soviets had a habit of equipping whole squads, sometimes platoons, entirely with SMGs during city fighting operations

this enabled hilariously large volumes of fire power, but the squad could be pinned down by rifle fire in open terrain so they were only useful in the aforementioned city fighting

>going to was during the war
laughs in conscript

Also,
>whining about bolty-bois
I like mine.

Attached: IMG_5817.jpg (1008x695, 101K)

also, that looks like a .22 version

I'd rather have a scope bolt action than an AR or AK.
But that's just me.
Handguns are basically useless in warfare OP there is a reason they are not even worth the extra weight, range, lethality are two that spring to mind..

>Unless you're clearing rooms
what is a hand grenade?

>implying infantry gets handguns

You're gonna have to be an officer. Good luck with that.

I think his point was that he didn't need to lug a rifle in. Plenty of them would be laying around if he needed a long arm. Because they were fucked. Because you are always fucked.

It was obsolete compared to the Garand, but still servicable, and could be used effectively. Also, most German soldiers were not issued handguns.

to my knoweldge, only the ammo carrier for the MG42 had a pistol by default
the squad leader might have one as well

Enjoy being outranged by literally everyone else.

Exactly, 7.62mm subguns and steel breastplates. They were CQB beasts but pistol cartridges are still pistol cartridges, and shortcomings like those, as well as encountering German Sturmgewehrs, is what lead to seeking to develop a better subgun, which would be the AK, which also turned out to be the better rifle, so it replaced both roles.

That's a norinco JW-25 in .22lr.

OP is a gay boi

In open terrain a bolt action isn't that much of a disadvantage so long as you have adequate supporting fire from your GPMG crews. Only when you're within 100m that it really starts to suck.

Handguns have their place in CQC if you don't want to lug around some sort of awkward rifle/shotgun hybrid.

Stick to humping extra belts around for the machine guns. It's most likely what you'll be doing anyways.

You mean a multiple jump combat vet of WW2 and Korea.

>throw a grenade into every room you want to clear
>"Oh shit! Where are all my grenades? How come the enemy knows where I am? How could this happen to me" - Your Dumb Ass

>YUP AND IF I KILLED ME A US SOLDIER I WOULD DONE USE HIS 1911, AS A MATTER OF FACT, WHY DIDNT THE NAZIS JUST USE THE 1911? IT WENT THROUGH TWO WORLD WARS AAAAND SHOOTS A ROUND THATS ONLY 5 BELOW FIFTY BEE EM GEE
Fuckin fudd

Who was also a fudd

I don't even get it. US forces used their bolt action Springfields during the entire WW2. You think they should have fought with bare hands? Which German soldiers also would have had to do, since none of them were issued both a rifle and a pistol at the same time either.

but that was the literal sop of ww2 house clearing

Do you even know what fudd means?

Handguns are pretty much only usable in combat as a back up for sub 10 yard engagement. Try pulling a Handgun on a person with a rifle beyond 10 yards and you're fucked.

Funny you should mention the 1911. Some German forces were actually with enough captured 1911s to warrant German ammo production for it. Its official name was "Pistole 660(a)". So was the Thompsons, the Garand, the M1 Carbine and the Reising. And now you know.

You don’t know what the term means, you should probably quit using it. Unless you like being the professional jackass in the thread, in which case carry on.

>major
command sergeant major.

And he was right, by the time he needed one, there were plenty laying around.

my grandpa was issued a Lee-Enfield No.4, he was a great sniper.
Bolt actions didn't use to suck in WW2 considering that the only ones with a semi-auto as a standard issue rifle were the Americans.

>every rifleman gets a sidearm
Sure thing buddeh

>How come the enemy knows where I am?

Oh yeah. Because gunfire is so much quieter than a grenade. This stupidity of yours- is it a natural gift, or did you study to get this way?

There were a LOT of SVT-40s in circulation. At the start of the war in the Eastern front, more in German than Russian hands. The Russians were completing standardizing on the SVT-40 when the Germans captured their warehouses full of literally hundreds of thousands of them.

probably more due to the fact that more guns than the 1911 fire .45 and there is also the fact that the germans fielded nearly everything they got their hands on

You could’ve been the WWI reservist with a muzzle loader

>I'd rather have a scope bolt action than an AR or AK.
You really wouldn't.

If you can see the enemy you can shoot them with your rifle. If you can't see them get closer and throw grenades.

The system worked.

You kinda wish you were a commie don't you?

Attached: svt 40 1940_Tula.jpg (1540x1198, 227K)

Not gonna lie OP, decentish bait but as a Canadian the image didn't fool me.

It is, JW25A Chinese .22, they're a lot of fun.

You're actually retarded

Why would he want to starve to death?

Of course. There were at least 20 captured handgun types alone in German use. I was however specifically replying to this mature gentleman:

>>YUP AND IF I KILLED ME A US SOLDIER I WOULD DONE USE HIS 1911, AS A MATTER OF FACT, WHY DIDNT THE NAZIS JUST USE THE 1911?

It is also amusing to think of how close the Luger P08 came to being the standard US firearm instead of the M1911.

Or the WW2 one with a Dreyse needle gun rifle. Being a Volkssturm lad must have been something: The too young, equipped with the too old.

t. Didn’t actually fight in the war

i love how the term fudd isn't allowed on Jow Forums anymore because it hurts the feelings of all the flyover boomers.

depends on what you do nerd. If he was some afghani, or other guerilla, a scoped rifle would be better.

It's allowed, you just are using it like a retard because you have no idea what it means.

fpbp

So you would stick to a weapon that could barely hit or kill someone 100 yards away over a weapon that can hit and kill someone at over 800 yards away?

To be fair at the beginning of the Vietnam war the m16 was an experimental piece of shit that jammed more times than not. It didn't have a chrome lined barrel and you had those vintage 20 round mags that could only safely be stuffed with 17 or 18 rounds. It wasn't until the kinks were worked out that people started to like the AR platform

You are fucking retarded what if you need to reach out and touch some one 25m+?

Experimental, but it was all the DOD's fault. They decided chroming wasn't important. They also decided not to hand out maintenance kits becase 'the m16 was dirt proof' and to use cheap lower grade ball powder without even bothering to tell the manufacturer. Jamville. Don't you juse love it when the top brass thinks they are engineers.

And many, many others weapons from just about every country the Germans faced during the war.

>implying non-officer soldiers get handguns

real life isnt callofduty

>ywn get deployed with an intervention and deagle