I smell a shit storm brewing

>I smell a shit storm brewing

Attached: BFCD0D1E-1B3D-43EF-8B6F-8C13108C4B1C.png (750x1334, 914K)

Cocaine Mitch should call a vote on it so we can see which senators are anti gun. I imagine a lot of the "pro gun" senators would vote for it (Rick Scott, the dyke from Arizona, Manchin, the liberal from Montana). And if we get really lucky Trump would sign it into law and we could finally primary him and replace him with a good candidate that would actually win in 2020.

Fag

Jow Forums is a board devoted to weapons and military equipment.

Discussions about politics or current events belong on Jow Forums.

Attached: 1550656944895.png (528x528, 203K)

No that's in India rn

>Haha wouldnt it be funny if we ironically pass gun control legislature? Haha what a joke that would be

White House already said it'd get vetoed if it even made it in, which it won't.

Fuck off, Jow Forums is only interested in Cohen.

>talking about gun control that directly affects said guns on gun devoted board isnt allowed

Wow look, another class A retarded opinion from some stupid animay fag, im not surprised

It won't pass Senate.

It would be mighty enlightening to get a list of any R's that votes "yes," however.

You smell it, huh?

Attached: brapistan.jpg (750x1334, 291K)

the republicans added a part saying illegals failing the background check would be deported!
so bipartisan, great compromise!

I hope anyone who votes for this bill dies

They tried the same bill in 2013 in the senate and this was the result.

Attached: gun-control-vote.png (898x1171, 517K)

not gonna pass senate
also, Trump vowed to veto it if it even gets that far
>background checks for private transfer and gunshows
unenforceable, pic related

Attached: w81awzrawxa21.jpg (1080x907, 101K)

Ill belive trump will veto it when I see it. So far his record is piss poor on gun rights

I didn't make the rules, dumdum

Attached: 1550934102917.jpg (359x478, 31K)

give one legitimate unironic argument against not having background checks

Just report the spammers them no need to reply.

Fuck off you're a nigger and a newfag to boot

for not having background checks*

>crying over background checks
Try not committing felonies? Wow so hard.

But instead, you act like a faggot/teachers pet and taddle

Fuck you shitskin

I know Jow Forums is super easy to bait, but come on

>McCain- yes
That man was a fucking anchor around the neck of everything decent this country stands for. What a repulsive asshole.

it lets the government know who has the guns and makes you the target of future discrimination and gun confiscation

R's have the (fairly major) majority in the Senate now.

I guess I’m lost. Why are we upset about this? Universal background checks are already a thing this just cuts out private sales and stops more nuts from getting it. It’s legit the only gun law I think is reasonable. Every other law can eat a dick

Trump also vowed to be a friend to the 2nd Amendment, hasn't really happened:

>no national CC reciprocity despite commanding republican majority in both houses
>no hearing protection act despite commanding republican majority in both houses
>ban on bump stocks via arbitrary reinterpretation of existing law
>various debatable anti-gun statements

Sure, he hasn't been as insane as Democrats would like, but he has seriously failed his 2nd Amendment mandate outside of the Supreme Court appointment. I'm not willing to trust his word at this point.

>mccain
good fucking riddance. burn in hell you piece of shit

kys

>cuts out private sales
you say this as if its a good thing, you eat a dick

I'll have to find the numbers to back this up since it's mostly comment section lore, but private sales encompass an incredibly small proportion of gun sales, an even smaller percentage of those sales lead to a gun ending up in the hands of the wrong person. It's an unnecessary and ineffective imposition which makes little practical sense seeing as NICS is fucking broken and every private sale I've ever seen requires that the buyer present good guy papers (CCL or Voter registration).

>McCain
It really is hard for me to think of a single human being that was so insidiously evil and duplicitous. At least the Democrats are up front with how much they hate whitey and freedom now, but ol' John was fucking things up from within, all with that big fake (R) next to his name. Bronze star for the tumor, make it happen.

i hope mckike died in agony

Still mourning John Mc'cain are we?

>things paul ryan is responsible for
>it must be trump's fault
i tell you to watch schoolhouse rock but that's probably beyond your attention span and reasoning capabilities

Thank you for an actual response instead of the typical “cuck” shit. I guess that sort of proves my point though. While I agree it’s pointless and will change nothing then why is it a big deal? The only thing I’m mad about is we aren’t bargaining for something in return. Give us the hearing protection act and we will give you the background checks so the antis stop bitching about it and acting as if it’s this huge loophole.

>alaska is so deep red even their blue candidate voted no on this
based

>YES
>McCain
Of fucking course

Attached: 18920143_313813582376474_9149967775662387010_n.jpg (538x253, 24K)

McCain is dead, yeet

Shit hitting the 'Stan spilling over from the trade winds is what you're smelling senpai

I hear your point entirely. This passing wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would be an additional hoop gun owners would have to go through for absolutely nothing in return. It's another "compromise" in the sense that we lose something and get the can kicked down the road for the next "compromise." The narrative that Feinstein is coming with her black ops stormtroopers to disarm every American is a little hysterical, but it is absolutely true that most anti-gun politicians just want to make the rights so difficult to enjoy that nobody bothers.

I would have a hard time opposing this if it was tied in with an easing on suppressor sales and the removal of other Hollywood-inspired restrictions. I think there is a lot of bipartisan work that could be done to streamline gun ownership while also giving dems and others peace of mind. The issue is that any sort of cooperation is somewhat justifiably seen as a betrayal.

>bipartisan
reading that fucking infuriated me. It implies I get anything in return when in reality I'm just going to be fucked in the ass harder by rules and regulations

>They tried the same bill in 2013 in the senate and this was the result.

If it made it up to the Senate and that was the result why didn't it get signed into law?

We already have background checks.

it needs supermajority

>the issue is that any sort of cooperation is somewhat justifiably seen as a betrayal
i dont think its quite fair to say that, because there are no examples of anyone actually attempting it. any “cooperation” that happens is just republicans siding with liberals that we need more laws. no elected officials are even discussing concealed carry reciprocity, deregulating suppressors, etc, much less using them as a bargaining chip

>then why is it a big deal?
because normal citizens shouldn't need to jump through legal hoops to sell their property, especially property whose ownership is supposedly supported by the Constitution.

Apply your "reasonable" restriction to the 1st amendment and ask yourself if it still sounds reasonable.

>mfw every time i want to sell my old phone or computer i have to go through a background check to make sure i havent been banned from owning them due to wrongthink on Facebook

This is some Bong-tier bullshit

>equating phones/computers to firearms
yup, the Jow Forums's mental midgets are out in force tonight

Look at this kike

Fuck off discord trannies

Ideas are bulletproof
>"We do not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have opinions?" -Stalin

What’s it like being dumb? I’m serious my man, is it blissful?

This, honestly as it stands right now, the vast majority of Americans believe ex felons shouldn't have guns. I don't see a problem with that so long as they don't have any other rights. Most of the pro gun control I've spoke to are completely unaware of all the restrictions, and once I explain how and why they're so arbitrary they don't favor restrictions on what you can own, just who.

>future discrimination and gun confiscation
Only way that would happen is if (1) you've legitimately become a danger to yourself and others or (2) the government goes full retard. Calm your tits, behave yourself, and you'll literally have nothing to worry about.

Taken to its logical conclusion, theyll probably start taking away 1st amendment rights under the guise of preventing hate speech, cyberbullying and anti-semitism.... oh wait

And rhen we get to Chinese-meme level of monitoring in order to combat the "dangers of free speech"

JIDF go.

I know this is bait but there are retards here who unironically agree with this attitude

They can’t even enforce existing background checks, this will not do shit to mass shootings

Its not about stopping crime, its about disarming you and making ownership a hassle.

That's correct.
we have a right to firearms, but technically no right to computers or cellphones.