Oh boy

oh boy

Attached: Screenshot_20190228-122330~01.png (1440x2000, 338K)

>Mr brett

I just got deployed from [YOUR AREA]

funniest post or best digits decides what I say

sent ;)

looks legit

don't be a pussy OP, guy sounds totally legit

Who the hell calls themselves Mr. "first name"

oh boy what? this is how selling/buying online goes.

digits disregarded

As someone who has made 50+ Armslist deals, No it is not

>cashier's check
>mail to my FFL once funds clear
I mean, it looks copy/pasted but am I a retard for not seeing the problem? Cash in hand + mail to FFL is perfect

Common scam on Craigslist, Armslist, and (I assume) Backpage and whatever that Canadian one is.
>hello am totally english speeker
>I can't meet you in person but I'll buy your item sight unseen, full price, and I'm sending you the check right now
>I'm actually sending you my ENTIRE PAY CHECK, and I trust you, stranger, so very very much, that I'll let you cash the whole thing. Of course you'll send me the remainder after you subtract the cost of your item + shipping + tax + tip
>check gets cashed (in your name), you send them the money and they never send you the FFL info or come pick up the car or whatever
>2 days later the entire check bounces, and since you signed for it, you're responsible for paying back the whole thing along with whatever charges.
It's the new Nigerian Prince scam. It only survives because older people occasionally fall for it. I once strung a guy out for three weeks for the hell of it, just because I hate these fuckheads so much.

It's usually worse.

>sell guns on gunbroker sometimes when I want different guns
>boomers buy my shit
>there's always some old faggot that insists on you calling him before he sends you money in the internet equivalent of a firm handshake

I know that one, but this is a certified cashier check. Completely different animal, and if you just wait until you have cash in hand, I'm just not seeing the risk.

my experience
>offer asking price
>back and forth a little bit
>suddenly he tells me he sold it to someone else for a better deal

Attached: 1550744184974.gif (375x375, 1.39M)

Easy to counterfeit. Postal Money Orders only. If someone sends you a bad money order then the Postal Inspectors come and rape them for you.

Oh honey, you really need to learn how cashier's checks work.

Had this experience once:

>bought two broken pistols off a guy on a gun trading forum
>one was a Linda Arms Wilkinson, uncommon, other was an old FN 1910, not exactly rare but decent
>paid $200 for both
>he messages me a week later telling me he needs his guns back because he got a higher offer for them. says I need to bring him his guns or I need to mail him more money

I just ignored it. He sent several mean PM's and then posted on how I ripped him off, then I posted my PM's and he got ridiculed pretty bad. I mean I got a great deal but shit, don't wait a fucking week to tell me I'm going to do something for you after I paid you asking price for your broken shit.

>certified Cashier Check
I'll believe it when I see it. The setup in the OP is almost exactly like the personal check scam. Fuck, I mean, look at how it's written. That's 100% some muzzy trying to scam someone's grandpa.

>Boomers know "the art of bargaining"
>start to actually try and bargain
>"u-uh, I sold it! Yesterday! For $100 more than you offered!"
>ad gets renewed a week later
It's just sad now.

This. USPS MO's are as good as cash money.

I guess I do. I've never used them, but always seen them listed as acceptable ways to pay on armslist. I assumed they were legit/had good solid backing like postal orders
Thanks. I'm glad I didn't have to learn any of that the hard way

>but this is a certified cashier check
lmao dude were you born yesterday?

No, 3 days ago apparently.

Brett can be a last name too retard.

>brett young at the top of the email
is it possible to be this brainlet

Attached: pretendretardjoseph.jpg (540x304, 56K)

Attached: 1500665322539.jpg (637x618, 59K)

it can take weeks to bounce

>Boomers know "the art of bargaining"
I can't tell you how many emails I get that are one line:
"Bottom dollar?"
I just email them back the asking price
What the fuck is that kind of bargaining? Yes, let me voluntarily tell you my lowest price so YOU can get a good deal. Let's walk into a car dealership and go "yeah I know what the price is, but what's your BOTTOM DOLLAR BUDDY?"

Had this exact same thing happen, guy was like 60+, kept me on the phone for over a fucking hour, had to call him repeatedly...

I had like 6 other people with great trades lined up because I was selling an AR during the ban scare, but I liked his gun best, said he'd have to wait a week or so since his family was in town or something... had bad luck in the past, but he promised me he wouldn't back out

Fast forward a week, drive like 2.5hrs to do the trade, and he leaves me a message saying "hi, sorry, my son said that's not a good deal, I'm not going to be coming," because just that day there was some info out about how an AWB may not *not* be coming

I can't remember the last time I was that pissed
This is the exact reason I fucking hate dealing with internet gun guys like 80% of the time, I have to deal with some retarded shit like this EVERY time I sell something.. the number of fucking times I've made a deal with someone, only to have them show up and say "well, I don't have $700, best I can do is $600" is fucking incalculable

Oh, another time I sold a guy a gun and had him call me like 3 months later for literally probably 6 hours straight, ended up with 200+ calls and a bunch of weird, vaugley threatening messages (it was a Jennings I sold for dirt cheap, never shot it, but assume it did Jennings shit)

Attached: ragejak.jpg (554x527, 31K)

I got the same one this morning.

Just jumping on the board the Mocking Yourdumbass Express

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-28 at 1.36.38 PM.png (2316x576, 82K)

I wish I got to that point, it was actually a really respectable deal ($450 m&p 15 with mags and a few extras) but I didn't say anything in case he was bluffing and pulling this shit .

that's universally considered to be the worse thing ever
Id say more than the Holocaust

School bus drivers.

>This is the exact reason I fucking hate dealing with internet gun guys like 80% of the time, I have to deal with some retarded shit like this EVERY time I sell something.. the number of fucking times I've made a deal with someone, only to have them show up and say "well, I don't have $700, best I can do is $600" is fucking incalculable
I might just start open negotiations with asking for age whenever dealing online, boomers and their fucking bait and switch bullshit is insufferable. We really need to get rid of their welfare checks so they actually have to work and can't spend all of their waking hours driving around wasting people's time.

>listen here sonny
>price is FIRM
>$300 in extras, so I will tack an additional non-negotiable 300 to the price tag on this used rifle priced fifty bucks under retail
>I know what I've got
>"sporterized"
boomers cannot die fast enough, maybe their grandkids will sell their shit for a reasonable price

>I know what I've got
This one gets me every time.

Attached: download (1).jpg (239x211, 8K)

This. Postal Money Orders are an order of magnitude harder to counterfeit and they cannot "bounce".

If someone ends up making counterfeit PMO then the feds are going to pay them a visit.

>the "gotta talk on the phone" guy

Seriously, WTF is this? I've had people insist on talking over the phone for several guns sold on Gunbroker. Usually goes like this:

>yeah man I totally want it, just got a few questions
>ask a bunch of dumb questions that are easily answered by reading the detailed listing and pics I posted
>start telling me about every other gun they've ever owned
>give some sob story about their kids b-day coming up or dog has expensive chemo for cervical cancer and they don't have much cash right now
>ask to hold it for them for 2 weeks
>well they can buy it today if i just take their lowball offer
>decide they aren't gonna buy it after all

>check bounces, and since you signed for it, you're responsible for paying back the whole thing along with whatever charges.
uh since when is this how a bounced check works? the person who wrote the check is the only person who would face any fees.

>a person who cashes a hot check and did not write it is responsible
You must be at least 18 to post here.

>Agrees to sell something that requires a 2.5hr drive
>Blames anyone but himself
Come on doofus, what a dumbass thing to do.

Not if you cash it. When it bounces the bank takes the money out of your account as if you made a withdrawal.

Pretty much this. The post doesnt fuck around by any means. An "attack" on the post is seen as an attack on/threat to national security.

Attached: 1517004408986.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

>Sell 3 guns on Armslist over a 2 month period
>Was originally only going to sell 1
>But the process was so easy I sold 2 more
>Buy new guns
Turns out buying and selling guns is a fun way to experience a lot of guns on the cheap. Just need to understand that buyers are a diamond dozen so if one just gives you the feeling of "too much effort" then just thank them and move on to the next one. I'm Arizona and I say "cash only", "must sign bill of sale" and "I will make a copy of your ID" which are all not required by law but it weeds out time-wasters. I never actually copy their ID, I just make sure the name they sign on the bill of sale is the same as the name on their ID and I'm happy.

Steps to success are:
1) Search armslist or whatever for the gun you want to sell
2) Price yours $100 less
3) Sound like you're not trying to ambush and murder them
4) Profit

“Fuck your money. Only currency recognized here is dragon dildos”

Cashier's checks are probably defrauded an order of magnitude more than personal checks, precisely because we're transitioning from a high to low trust society and people haven't caught on that a person's word is worth jack and shit these days.

If you cash a fraudulent check, you are on the hook for that money. The bank isn't going to shrug and say "Well, user came out ahead on that one". If you have an account, the sum will be held against it. If you don't, you're probably on your way to getting charged with a felony.

>diamond dozen

Attached: A55ED67E-25FD-47FC-B2D7-6BC8B13F6749.png (284x529, 56K)

>cash bad check at bank
>your bank does a reversal and removes the amount from your account
>cash bad check a check cashing place
>warrant issued for check fraud
Nigger that's exactly how it works.
If you ever dealt with anything other than gibs checks from the gubment, you would know that.
Why do you think you have to show photo ID for them to scan and even give thumbprints at some check cashing places?

>diamond dozen

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you understand how CASHING a check at a financial institution works?
>walk into bank
>tell them you want to cash a check
>give teller check
>teller runs check with account and routing number
>check cannot be cashed because there is NO MONEY in the fucking account from which it was written
>investigation of nigger check author occurs
>you didn’t do anything wrong so nothing happens to you

Attached: C60A7214-B29B-42AC-8B96-3A87D4E2DBF1.png (638x359, 314K)

Best dubs

>t. Retard

What's the best way to filter boomer buyers?

>>there's always some old faggot that insists on you calling him before he sends you money in the internet equivalent of a firm handshake

That’s to make sure you’re not black you retard

Attached: you irl.jpg (645x729, 47K)

>I won't sell to anyone over 45
I have said this verbatim in my ads and receive a lot of (You)s but I don't care

>cashier's check
I got scammed this way user. UPS mail order or nothing.

>over 45

But what about the 30 year old boomers?

Monster Breathalyzer

>What the fuck are you talking about? Do you understand how CASHING a check at a financial institution works?
I worked at a bank. I could literally 'cash' someones check and if it ended up being a fraud, the bank policy is to literally take the money back from the customer who you cashed it for.

You only know if a check will bounce if it's the same bank - e.g. if it's a Chase check and you cash it at Chase. A Wells Fargo check won't be flagged at Chase until later on, at which point if it was cashed, the bank will take the money out of the account of the person who cashed it.

The policy was to typically not cash a check if the amount in the persons checking account couldn't cover it, in the event that it bounced.

Kek

That's not exactly how it goes. Based off my single experience, I think I figured out the scam entirely. They will send you a check for far more than the item is worth, then ask you to send a check back with the difference. So, you mail your money back and then their 'check' bounces.

Dude nearly caught me in this one.
>Be selling Vz. 58
>Dude offers asking price on Armslist, with the typical "I'm deploying from" bullshit.
>Alright, nice!.jpg
>Asks for my address so he can mail me a check
>Give him address and ask for his FFL so I can prepare the shipment
>Nothing from him for a week, email him back insisting on an FFL so I can get the box ready and confirm the shipment to the FFL.
>Finally get FFL, but am suspicious at this point. FFL in Michigan, dude claimed to be in Texas
>Search up FFL on ATF records for active dealers
>No result
>Check expired FFLs in Micigcan and Bingo
>Check arrives and day later second check arrives
>Get asked to cash more expensive check and return the smaller one as well as difference from cashed check
>Realize I am getting scammed and tell the dude to fuck off
>Use checks to start the coals on my grill and enjoy a nice steak for not getting scammed

Hello Mr. Brett. I am Dr. Steve. I am having deal for you and your fortune.

>>he messages me a week later telling me he needs his guns back because he got a higher offer for them. says I need to bring him his guns or I need to mail him more money

Should have responded "Cold dead hands, faggot"

>boomers cannot die fast enough
Agreed. It seems like the only fair deals come from guys younger than mid 30s now. MSRP minus 5% for a used gun is not fair at all.

>Get a Deagle in 50ae when I already have a black Deagle in 44
>Put 44 on armslist for $900 or interesting trade
>Scam emails come pouring in. Boomers offering $500 "and not a penny more" or a straight trade for something "upgraded" like a mosin in a plastic stock.
>One offered $800 if I could also provide 10lbs of some obscure durr rifle brass and drive an hour to him. Got a red ass when I told him no.
>Another tried to pull the "Oh well now that we're in person I dont have the full amount" trick
>Finally get a real offer for a lightly used FNX 45 Tac with an RMR
>Meet a Chad in his 20s, inspect guns, talk for a few min, handshake, leave.
>Cool guy. Easiest armslist trade ever.
Hey Chad, you're probably not here, but if you are thanks for the FNX. I love it.

>says I need to bring him his guns or I need to mail him more money

You should have agreed and strung him along for a week or two debating price and then mailed him a random amount of pocket change. Or a brick.

This. A USPS money order is the only way to do these things.

The dubs have spoken

Attached: 1296619631892s.jpg (126x126, 3K)

Attached: red_forman_2043.jpg (345x450, 149K)

Open Bob pls doctor Steve.

"Dear Mr Brett, sir, please do the needful."

hehe

Solid laugh

>diamond dozen

Attached: 1522433491071.gif (285x285, 1.67M)

Almost got scammed once by some dude trying to sell me some uniforms

>ask around on local collecting sites for random uniforms
>get messages with photos and an amazing price
>notice one of the pictures looks familiar
>do some Google searching and it's literally the first result on Google, from a post that sold like 5 years ago
>check the other photos and yup, all of them are taken off the web
>guy acts dumb and says he was hacked or something and goes on about how he's from (((YOUR AREA))) so I can trust him
>five minutes pass and "oh hey sorry someone just came to my house and bought everything for a better price lol sorry BYE"

Not sure if he was just an inept boomer or some intern scammer

This fine specimen was from earlier today.

Attached: 20190301_050218.jpg (1165x1098, 237K)

The numbers have spoken! And well they have spoke.

Attached: 7E8FC93A2FC44427B5CE55D40DAA0B18.png (683x768, 648K)

Who the fuck does he think is going to buy a used switch from him for almost twice the price of one brand new, especially when there's no shortage in the supply of switches

>>check bounces, and since you signed for it, you're responsible for paying back the whole thing along with whatever charges.
>uh since when is this how a bounced check works? the person who wrote the check is the only person who would face any fees.

And how do you suppose the bank recovers the fees from the person who wrote the fake check, genius? Maybe call their bank? Send him a demand letter? Are you mentally retarded, or do you just play the retard on the internets?

>>Check expired FFLs in Micigcan and Bingo

If only the FF License had an expiration date printed on it.... Oh wait! It does!

In Illinois we're required to have a FOID (firearms owner ID) card in order to buy guns, so if you're buying a gun in a private purchase you first need to send a copy of your FOID to the seller. But we also have a waiting period and the seller has to verify the buyer's FOID before the purchase on the Illinois State Police website (the buyer does not verify the seller's FOID). So I'm actually afraid people have "stolen" my FOID before.
>on Armslist, see good deal
>agree on price, discuss location
>agree upon good location that's in the middle both of us
>all set to go, final step is to send him my FOID for verification and to wait for the waiting period to expire
>send it to him, anticipate him saying ok i'll meet you in 72 hours and verify your FOID right now or something
>instead either get ghosted, no replies ever again or he says some variation of "sorry I've decided not to sell it" suddenly

So either they legitimately didn't want to sell it anymore or they "stole" the image of my FOID and are attempting to make purchases in my name. The FOID system is so fucking garbage it hurts my fucking head. Especially because the FOID system is not applicable to people form out of state; if you're from Indiana and you want to take your guns into Illinois to shoot all you need is a Indiana DL to transport firearms. The system exists solely to tax IL firearms owners (it costs $10 to get a FOID, $5 dollars to change your address, and $100 dollars to get a CCL) and for legislators to feel good about themselves

Attached: 1363026593268.png (225x225, 5K)

I've had something similar happen to me too. I was pissed as fuck.

>scrolling through through armslist
>see nice ass springfield 1911
>seller only put less than 50 rounds in it
>550 bucks
>I message him telling him I'd like to purchase it
>have to send him my FOID card for him to verify on the Illinois state police verification website, then the 72 hour waiting period begins, and we agree to meet for the sale in three days
>day of sale
>I live about 1 hour away from him and he knows this since I both told him and he also has a copy of my FOID which has my address on it
>about 1 hour before our meeting time I send him 1 final email asking him to confirm our meeting. He doesn't respond, but since we've been planning the sale for 3 days I’m not too concerned
>drive 1 hour, get there
>about to send him another email telling him that I've arrived and where I'm parked
>realize he sent me a few emails while I was driving
>"sorry man I'm gonna have to pull out of the 1911 sale, my wife says she likes the gun too much so we're going to keep it, btw I got 6 other guns for sale if you're interested (all garbage and overpriced)"
>drive back home pretty pissed but mostly at myself because I didn't check my emails

Who the fuck has to ask his wife for permission to sell a gun?? Also how big is your fucking wife bro, what kind of woman enjoys shooting a full sized 1911?? Get that bitch a fucking glock 43 or if she really likes the platform a micro 1911 in .380 or some shit. Unless she’s 6’2’’ and 200 pounds, I don’t even fucking believe it. Fuck it though, I'm a bit glad, I almost bought a literal cuck's gun; I don't wanna touch ANYTHING that was owned by a cuck, it's like cooties I might get contaminated.

Attached: 1379389109586.png (500x576, 337K)

>don't want to touch anything owned by a cuck
>lives in Illinois
the irony

this got a CHUCKLE out of me

I’ve personally had that experience when selling a gun. Receive a message: “yeah so what’s your bottom dollar for (insert gun)?”

Like shit dude, since you asked, I’ll give it to ya for free hyuk-yuk!

>what kind of woman enjoys shooting a full sized 1911??
people like you are honestly fucking retarded
why would you give a woman a pistol with harsher kick

> t. Person that doesn't shoot 1911s
I have taken multiple women shooting, and not one has had issues with the 1911 I used to have. The smallest was a 5'1" chinese woman.

In my experience, women really like the full size 1911s. That's, like, three of them. One of them actually collects, shoots, and carries them. Won't buy anything smaller than the government model in .45 or 10mm. She's 5'4" and about 120lbs.

>I know that one, but this is a certified cashier check. Completely different animal, and if you just wait until you have cash in hand, I'm just not seeing the risk.

First off, even the term "certified cashier check" is a red flag. There are "certified checks", and there are "cashier's checks". They are two different things. There is no such thing as a "certified cashier's check". That's as absurd as as talking about a "Ford Corvette Car"

Second, like others posted, it is very common for crooks to fake cashier's checks, and it could take weeks before the scam is found out.

>giving a woman a small gun with more recoil
My gf likes the big irons. Shooting .38 out of a 6" Security Six is like shooting .22s. The weight also keeps the gun more stable. If your gf cant hold 3 lbs at arms reach for 30s she needs to build some.

>There is no such thing as a "certified cashier's check".
people colloquially just mix the two because people mean the same thing when they talk about it despite them being two different things.

Regardless its about guaranteeing the money exists beforehand which is why they're more secured.

that's what im saying, full size pistols are better for women than a glock 43 like that ape said

Open bobs, send Vegeta. Will not do sex with my mom.
Fuck,
Nigerian prince alphose jackson

>Can you give me the contact info as you the person I am about to purchase the firearm from?

My my how very specific of him

Attached: fence man.jpg (550x247, 23K)

A DIME A DOZEN

Attached: ajoo.webm (480x360, 598K)

His parents must have hated him to name him Young Brett.